All Comments on 'That Doesn't Mean I'm a Lesbian!'

by linda1234

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Loved it.

Can't wait to read more of your stories. Keep them coming.

estragonestragonalmost 13 years ago
Cute and Sweet

and funny. All it needed was some quotation marks, but I'm too tired to quibble this sweet story. Good job, Linda!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Warm and fuzzy

Funny story...well writen. Makes me wish I was a girl. Good job. backroadbill in FL.

biercebierceabout 12 years ago
So logical

Too much! Aristotle would have no problem seeing the logic. Funny and sweet,. Thanks

BahamaBahamaalmost 12 years ago
Awesome story

Just can't stop reading this , it absolutely amazing !

DCohen2349DCohen2349about 10 years ago
Ending Was A Little Too Pat

While it's nice that they got married and lived happily ever after, Grace's refusal to admit to being a lesbian defies credulity.

I expected Linda to walk away until Grace could admit the truth.

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
tough to critique

linda, i thought you were doing a terrific job developing the story and your characters.

I enjoyed how well you crafted the teasing dialogue between your characters, Linda and Grace. Loved the Shakespeare quote from the Sonnets.

However, I have to agree with the other commentators that the ending was very weak and cries out to be rewritten and amplified.

As a writer it is very important to me to end my stories with what I believe to be strong endings. Or I would be disappointing myself.

I have a big stack of unfinished stories gathering dust cause my feeble brain and lack of inspiration fail to provide a satisfactory ending. Sigh...

Then I got to pondering about the actual dialogue you wrote of reasons for the two women to marry.

So I went back and reread your story and now I am of the opinion that while you skillfully served the story, you failed to make the argument for marriage.

The reasons given by Linda and the counter-arguments by Grace, are all good rationals for their love affair, for their living together, for their intense passion for one another.

These are negotiating points, these are not reasons for an officially recognized marriage. The reasons you wrote are about the temporary love of lust.

You characters Linda and Grace need professional Pre-Marriage counseling. To assist them with negotiating a realistic agreement from both women, for both women, about what they consciously expect and sub-consciously demand from marrying one another.

Love of the Other and intertwining of two (or more) people into One Communal Being take time and patient trust and honest communication.

The consensual decisions to Marry, whatever the sexual orientation of the to-be-spouses, are about pledging mutual support and commitment.

That their association will mature to become a Family (with or without children or other dependents) with a merger of all resources and capabilities.

Sex is fun and sometimes reproductive. Whether or not it is exclusive entertainment. Realistically it is only a portion of the time and effort it takes to establish a stable Household.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
another gay agenda story

another gay agenda story

jenorma2012jenorma2012about 7 years ago
not bad

But what linda should have done was, if grace wanted to marry someone with a dick, she should have put on a strap-on and said "there, I have a dick now", but the other way was alright also

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Anyone who reads this story should know that the denial in question is absolutely weak along with the (excuses) arguments given. The reader should realize that Grace is more than likely at least bisexual if not actually lesbian. But Grace's verbal denial is intended to be taken as comedic, especially in the face of her own admissions of her true feelings and behavior. The most important point is that however you choose to label yourself or are labeled by others, those labels shouldn't get in the way of doing what makes you and those you love happy.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous