All Comments on 'That Was Then - This is Now Pt. 02'

by Wasted_Raven

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
mazeratimazeratiover 9 years ago
I dont see it.

A simple question, totally neglected in the plot. What about Brad's family???

You are leaning towards a reconcile, but arguably I can't see it. She has no real remorse for her actions. No true emotional guilt. In fact Evan said it best:

"I heard you telling him it was getting better every time meaning that wasn't the first"

She had no intention of stopping, none. In fact she continuously ignores Evans arguments even now after all these years. He has the video he heard her words. She totally doesn't get it. She can't love him. Until she fully understands her actions they can never be.

If you are intent on reconcile, make it plausible. Personally I think he should be with Frances, and Erica can use the shotgun.

Maz

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Sorry, but this went nowhere TOO much emphasis put on the 'other' couple. Erica is still all about her and SHE IS NOT accepting what she did WAS WRONG!!!! She is a self centered bitch and any reconciliation just isn't plausible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
No sane person would accept what happened.

If there is reconciliation, it will be at the price of his manhood. And, she will cheat again (once a cheater, always a cheater).

Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
Thank you...

I'm enjoying your story and looking forward to reading more. Thank you for sharing.

frazodfrazodover 9 years ago
You can really write

I have enjoyed both of your stories. However, I agree with the other posters. At this point I really dislike Erica. She comes across as a completely selfish individual.

I also think that everyone is very forgiving of people killing people. While Brad doesn't come across well, the nonchalant attitude of everyone about his death is disturbing.

ramonbrookramonbrookover 9 years ago
Really like the story....

But you never got into the feelings of Erica! She was seduced by Brad? How was she seduced by Brad ? If she really loved Evan, how did Brad weasel his way into her life? I'm not getting the feeling that she had the same commitment to Evan as he had for her, when they were in college!

I feel that this chapter was missing a lot of the DETAILS around Erica's mindset of her relationship with Evan and why she left herself get blindsided by Brads seduction. Please keep it going but don't rush it just to get the next chapter out fast! We can wait, while you put out the same high standard of the story as the first chapter was!

ariesgirlariesgirlover 9 years ago

Erica is accepting what she did wrong. She would not be so distraught if she wasn't. What she did was wrong no doubt. I think she may need some therapy herself.

I believe Evan needs therapy more then once a month. The way he has been handling the pain, hurt and grief is not working. Both of them talking it out will help ease some of the pain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I hate cheaters but she sounds as if she really loves him and has also suffered. I like that they finally talked but more needed to be said. She was young and people do dumb things so I think forgiveness is justified in thin story, they both are still in love with each other. Please get all out before the story ends, like did she not ever go with any one else since that day , him also or has she had other men all along. It would tell a lot if she couldn't move on also. Good story, look forward for more stories from you

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
great 5 more

Ok the only people that believe once a cheater always a cheater are the young and foolish . There are people who can change and there are people that will never change. What you have to decide is am I willing to give this person a 2nd chance do I believe they are truly sorry and wont do it again. Its The same with drinkers and drug addicts some can stop some never will .Erica was not as in love as Evan was .Brad fed to her ego and like so many girls she ate it up, tell a girl she hot and pretty she screw your brains off its all about her. The smart girls know its crap to get in there pants and don't. Guys cheat because from the time there in school every guy they know brags its alright to be a player some buy it the smart ones don't. Has Erica learned from her mistake and accepts the blame it seems so.Has she tried to be a better person seems so .The question is Evan willing to forgive and try dating her again to see if she is worth a 2nd chance. If Evan was in my office and was asking me I tell him go slow take her out she how she acts but its worth a try BUT keep your eyes and ears open watch her close he will know if she real or not . Great story keep up the good work . Dagoatmandavid said it CYA later

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Very good story

The resolution depends on the author. But about the construction of the story I would certainly say that for me she told him what happened as a fact, but without a context. No real explanation of why she was seducible. But she does not convince me that she really loved and loves him. The fact that neither of them has moved on after ten years is terribly surprising, almost unbelievable. I might even consider justified a reconciliation of sorts so that they can both have a bit of fun in life. Still the fact that the sparkle has left her eyes is worrisome. I agreed that Douglas probably had people who grieved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I know people can change, but would really start to hate this story if you have them get back together

JounarJounarover 9 years ago
just to implausible

From a very interesting chapter 1 down to a badly plotted mess with far to many plotholes.

There is absolutely no way Erica could not have know what Evan did and him getting sent to prison. A student shoots another student dead and it doesn't get mentioned on TV or in a newspaper? Her parent's never told her? No one in their hometown ever mentioned it? No one from her new school knows anyone from her old one? Not very likely.

The cop's tho, along with the prosecution would insist on speaking with her. There is no fucking way the authorities in a possible murder case would not speak to a woman who's boyfriend/ex-boyfriend shot the last man she was sleeping with. It just wouldn't happen. The suicide letter at the crime scene mentions her and Brad's affair for Christ's sake along with the entire campus knowing what went on! Even if she was across the country at the time, both the prosecution and defense would want her take on Evan's mental state.

As others have commented on, Erica only cares about herself and had no problems at all cheating on the man she claims to love nor had any intention of stopping. She's only sorry her life went to shit when people found out she fucked around on Evan. A reconciliation with a person than drove you to suicide and cost you 7 years of your life is just to much of a stretch.

JounarJounarover 9 years ago
2nd comment due to editing screw up

Not only did Erica know Evan was helping Brad with his studies which means she had no problems hooking up with a guy she knew was a scumbag as he had no problem screwing over a guy helping him, but she gave up so very quickly after just one week of trying to contact Evan. One lousy week. Yeah, real true love here folks.

mallahmallahover 9 years ago
You know...

You Know she never said that she was sorry. ''Just I need to explain'

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
so true

There is simply NO WAY that Erica could not know about Evan killing Brad, especially not for years.

The police would have questioned her.

It would be front page headline, on all the TV stations, news for weeks.

The "love triangle" scandal would have made it last even longer, be even bigger.

If she had left the country maybe, but she only left town not even the province.

Canadians make a big deal of not being the US, they act more like Europeans, a killing is bigger news there, bigger than in the "if it bleeds, it leads" USA news.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
looks like

This looks very RAACish from here.

Totally implausible to put them back together.

Her selfish affair, her total lack of consideration for Evan, caused him to be locked up for seven years on top of trying to commit suicide.

An affair with a jock, a punk willing to stab a man that is helping him in the back?

Had Evan not walked in on them the bragging (you know he was) would get around to him or some of his many friends.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
FTDS

Would have a field day with this cucky wimp

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Bone Dry.

If had well done steak that wasn't as tough and dry as this story.

ACP45ACP45over 9 years ago
Hey, time to move on!

Let's see - he was going to commit suicide over her but killed her fuck buddy instead. This cost him seven years and he still didn't decide to look for something better. Also, Brad might have been a turd and frankly who among us wasn't at 19 years old, but everyone seems happy to forget about him. They may have had an understanding but he wasn't married to her. Brad may have put the bait out there but she didn't have to take it. He certainly didn't deserve death fucking a willing unmarried woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
The same old BS line-people still stupid to believe it.

Oh she says " if was ONLY sex with A; I was making LOVE with B"--- what a crock!

That line is so old it was used by a cavegirls telling a caveman while he was sitting on hus dinosaur .

So Erica not only once but 4 times!!! And she admitted she knew it would hurt if he found out . Whatever the relationship was shs knew iitcould causd significant pain. Our fellow has had enough pain. He does not deserve to have a.continuous fear of Erica's potential re-infidelify should he be STUPID enough to take her back.

My hope is she'll take his suicide intent as a suggested course of action and do herself in!! Then I think justice would done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
hummmmmmmmm

Though I am leaning towards taking her back, I really can't figure where your going with this. That means you're doing a bang up job as a writer. Myself, I would go for a peaceful parting of the ways, but that's just me. And I do agree that the "it was just sex" excuse is just that, a lousy, lame excuse, to justify her wanting to fuck around.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
indeed: Erica never said she was SORRY...and now she says SHE needs to heal--REALLY!!!???

Sorry, I don't think there is a cure for being a cheating selfish slut bitch. One cannot "un-ting" bell. Erica devastated Evan, both his and her families, and countless others. She needs to give up and accept the dismal life caused by her choices. and know she will end up just like her aunt living a lifetims of regret Erica is not worthy of empathy or sympathy.

Erica should be begging EVERYONE for forgiveness.. NOT asking people to "help her heal (from her own fuck-up)

C_frommnC_frommnover 9 years ago
Great Story

Like the way you bring the Characters Emotions, Feelings and Consequences to the front. it will be interesting to see where it all ends up.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
Please - no RAAC for this bitch...

If she wanted some strange, all she had to do was communicate said desire and break up with him. He would have been hurt but would have moved on. This woman is a bitch and he needs to move on.

sdc97230sdc97230over 9 years ago
Evan continues to be an idiot

First he trusted the wrong woman. Then when she betrayed his trust, he let himself go all to pieces over the bitch. I mean, really, suicide? Over a cheating slut? The one thing he managed to do right - killing Brad - wasn't even an act he thought much about before doing. He goes years without moving on, and now he hears her tell him she'd like to try again and his reaction isn't to tell her to go jump in front of a train or dig up Brad's corpse and fuck him again. He'll end up doing something really stupid and reconciling with her.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
this part just compounded the misery

1st major hole; No matter how large the campus, there is no way she could not have heard about or been questioned by the police about, the murder. She finished the semester by going to classes. She did not live in a cave. She was mentioned in the suicide note. Every student and faculty member would have known about, and been talking about, the attempted suicide and subsequent murder in a campus dorm. The police would have questioned her. And, her family members even attended the trial. If her aunt knew about her infidelity, she also knew about the murder and prison term.

2nd; Evan's sisters should be disowned for meddling in his privacy as requested, no demanded. Shame on them for not respecting his privacy and wishes.

3rd; After this many years she must surely understand just how lame "it was only sex" and "we only did it 4 times" (because she got caught) would sound, and how much it would still hurt. If that was all she had to say she should have kept to herself.

Finally; I cannot imagine what the purpose of a third part of this sad saga would be.

jackfrostedjackfrostedover 9 years ago
Like the story and writing.`

I, for one, like the story. IMO the E's have never progressed from a sophomoric emotional level. Life. age. angst and yes, prison changes people. Both need to recognize past and present and move on with their lives; either separately or together with today and future as their guide.

Unfortunately, the naysayers, BTB, and 'anonys' rants prevail in this section and surely frustrate writers and their attempts to portray their stories fairly. I thank the writers and wish the others their just rewards.

Jack

crock45crock45about 9 years ago
jackfrosted

We are all entitled to our own opinions and don't have to agree with each other. If YOU would slink back into her arms and live the rest of your life with her, FINE! As for me, she's lower than a piece of shit and I wouldn't give her the time of day. All she did was give lame-brained excuses for what she did and beg for him to take her back, again, only thinking of herself. Of course he should forgive her (for his own sake, not hers) but forgiveness doesn't necessarily mean staying with the bitch just as a woman can forgive a man from raping her but she doesn't have to live with him the rest of her life!. You've got your opinion, I've got mine and I certainly won't beg you to agree with me!

SampkyangSampkyangabout 8 years ago
erica

NO he did not seduce you asshole face bitch. you seduced yourself. some say I was drunk, but getting drunk is all part of your subconscious plan to say it's ok to cheat just a little...NO bitch or man whore you can NEVER be seduced otherwise it's rape and the police MUST be called immediately.

Subject117Subject117over 3 years ago
Fuck....

I see where this is going. Another chump in Evan. To many of these stories end up the the idiot getting back together with the cheating bitch. He went to prison for nothing. Wasted my time reading the chapter and a half. Gonna rate this like minus 5 stars just for Evan getting back with the cheating whore and his dumbass sister and moronic people who wanted them back together. Fucking story piece of shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Terrible writing. You change POV without a warning and go from first to third person.

This second chapter is... meh. I don't need to hear the slut version of the events. I didn't help to understand why she cheated or why she let herself to be seduced... Your MC must have had some previous psychological issues, otherwise, I don't get why he acts as he does. I smell you are heading to a RAAC. Frances would have been a better option for a new love than going to back to the slut.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Seriously? So this idiot is just going to get back together with her after she cheats (but it's only 4 times so it's okay) and he ends up serving 7 years in prison. What happens when someone else seduces her? 3* because I was liking it up until half way through this one.

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

Well, the storyline is excellent, and the writing is also. This story sad as hell but crap like this happens in real life. I know the BTB crowd and kick the bitch to the curb want there to be justice but in all reality they both have had their individual crosses to bear, him going off of the deep end from she did to him by cheating and then getting sent to prison for killing her lover and her having to live with the guilt of that caused it all because of what she did.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 2 years ago

I must say this well written. But it is becoming like a Mills and Boone stories. I am not a fan of such stories. It just didn't have enough drama and conflict to be interesting.

brendan_charltonbrendan_charltonalmost 2 years ago

The story line is a waste of time.

I am all for forgiveness and even reconciliation when it's warranted.

But not this!!

Come on man!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Erica: "Evan always said that size didn't matter." Well it certainly seems Erica set him straight on that idea.

Evan: "You did the worst thing possible that I can think of; you broke a trust." The jock's dick size was only a

side issue.

Both: "I don't know if I can get past your cheating; your breaking a trust."

"Evan, I don't know if I can ever regain your trust."

They both know the answer. Just walk away now. No use making the future as ugly as the past

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

It’s good cheater story

seasteve123seasteve1233 months ago

Are Canadian ex-cons different than American ones? No way in hell Jim talks about Evan's business like that. The PO needs fired for running his mouth to the sister and her wife.

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

At this point I don't even care about what Erica did. I'm supposes to root for a school shooter here? I hope Brad's dad or brother gets justice.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWasted_Raven@Wasted_Raven
173 Followers
I'm Canadian and retired. I write for my own pleasure. If others find the stories enjoyable, that's good. If not, so be it.

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories