All Comments on 'That's My Girl'

by Hypoxia

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
nightshadownightshadowabout 10 years ago
Amazing!

What a true joy this was to read! There were only a handful of typos, but they were easily overlooked when contrasted by some truly exquisite writing and a wonderful story. The author's style kept me engaged with every word and, with pleasant surprise, felt very familiar. How familiar? I would bet dollars to donuts that the author was strongly influenced by the masterful work of the esteemed Spider Robinson- believe me when I say that such a comparison is the absolute highest praise that I could possibly offer. Bravo!

HypoxiaHypoxiaabout 10 years agoAuthor

@nightshadow: Thanks so much! I've read all of Spider's writings but I think I'm more influenced by John McDonald. Meanwhile, if you point out my typos, I'll fix them.

Mara12Mara12about 10 years ago
Rollicking

and joyful and sweet and a fun entertainment, thank you

HypoxiaHypoxiaalmost 10 years agoAuthor
thank you!

I want to thank all readers for the very good reception THAT'S MY GIRL has received. I don't know if a sequel will be possible -- or if could be as good as this. I have some ideas for a grandfather-granddaughter story. Would any of you look forward to that?

PeachyWifePeachyWifealmost 10 years ago
My New Favorite

I would gladly pay money for this story as a full length book! Brilliant!

LaRascasseLaRascassealmost 10 years ago
Breezy read

The story flowed well. The tragedy was there, but not overdone. I liked the coming together at the end.

A few of the sub-plots in the middle stretched the realms of plausibility, but not enough to take away from the story as a whole. I gave it 4/5.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Beautiful story!

Were you there? This is so detailed. The people are mostly so real. Is there a sequel in the works, or expanson?

Badbadman1965Badbadman1965almost 10 years ago
A Wonderful Tale!

This was such a brilliantly constructed piece of writing and full credit to the writer for his careful handling of what could have become cliche or overworked. A couple of extra twists to throw the reader off the scent from what had seemed obvious made it all the more delightful and even the tradegy and ensuing final revelation were handled with a wonderful light touch. It's always a joy when I stumble upon a real story that can engage and entertain on this site and this is one of them; I started reading this as I made my drink for bed at three o'clock in the morning and couldn't stop until I had read the whole thing, suffering a cold cup of tea for it! Well done and 5* all the way!

JWrenJWrenover 9 years ago
Sated

Read this in one sitting; just had to finish it. Flows along with dry humour and squelchy, hippy-style sex until tragedy strikes. I guessed the father/daughter link quite early but still needed to reach the denouement. Skilfully achieved but I don't feel the need for a sequel: I'm sated, thanks,.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
tell me

When will you publish the novelization?

wine521wine521over 9 years ago
Great read

One of the best stories I have read on this site. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Editor

You might want to have someone edit for you. "Uncrinked" is not a word and "click" is not spelled "Klik", at least not in the English language. There seems to be a bit of problem with correct punctuation as well.

"... make our lives -- all of us -- a living hell." One dash should be used.

expertlinguistexpertlinguistover 8 years ago
Loved it

Ignore the negative comments, I am sure they would't come up with a story half as good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Wow wow wow!!

That was nothing short of amazing!! I was enthralled and glued to the story from beginning to end. ...even if it didn't have a bunch of kinky, twisted naughty sex, hehehe!

It's a shame she died though, I didn't expect sonething like that, nor the way they found out about the adoption! Sis sure was a planning, sneaky, coniving go getter the way she cleaned up the paper trail!! Wow, go girl! I bet she was shaking like a leaf when she was bribing the court officers, lol!! Talk about a ticking bomb! Whew!!

Kind of a shame the girls don't call him daddy in private though, would be fun to have a bit of naughtiness thrown in! (Yeah, I guess three wives is pretty naughty already!;)

Thanks for the great tale! I think I might try to get my straight arrow wife to read it! Heh.

HypoxiaHypoxiaover 5 years agoAuthor
@Delftsejongen, I thought of that sequel

I thought of decade-by-decade snapshots and a twenty-years-after episode with GILFy grandpa Randy fathering away, not only with his own girls, but also with those adopted by the brother next door. Everybody's favorite grandpa, for sure. That notion is in my pile of possible stories. Let's see if the voices in my head force it into text. Hey, the voices forced me to finally finish APPLES & ORANGES, just submitted. And now an A&O sequel with real incest may appear. So THAT'S MY GIRL TOO could happen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Outstanding

The story here takes center light, while the sex adds eroticism. But it is the characters and their involvement that truly make this a great read. The build-up is very good, even if you tipped off who Tasha is. The death of Jenna was out of nowhere yet still kept the flow of the storyline. Well done. 5 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

jurasickjurasick11 months ago

Beautiful story. The style of writing takes getting used to in the beginning, then grows on you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHypoxia@Hypoxia
935 Followers
I started out as a child. It's all been downhill from there. Will it be an uphill battle to become childish again? *** I have various home bases, all in high mountain towns not too far from the Pacific coast of the Americas. At any given moment, I'm probably somewhere b...