All Comments on 'The Admonition'

by Writewinger

Sort by:
  • 168 Comments
sdc97230sdc97230over 6 years ago
Tough trade-off

Man wants to blow up the bastard and not go to prison or lose his kids. The price is keeping the wife and sweeping her affair under the rug.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good, ... but

I enjoyed, till the end. It just died. Our hero was likable and then he wasn't. He won, but he lost. The resolving of the affair and him forgiving was flat. You started strong and had me, enjoying it, then it just faded away.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Enjoyed it.

It was believably written and sadly realistic. Betrayed husbands don't ordinarily ride off into the sunset with the new woman in the Mustang to make new babies.

But I can't believe they never talked to the wife to find out if he had motivation to kill the bastard. It would seem that she would have been a nervous wreck and given it all away. Stupid bitch.

Impo_64Impo_64over 6 years ago
I have to agree with some comments...

I have to agree with some comments...This story began very strong, kept strong through almost all of it, then suddenly began to lose air, like a punctured tire and end all flat...for example, not a word about Shelly's husband (an electrician) being a suspect...However a good read...3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
SICK FETISH B.T.B.

Post in fetish so normal people will not read this crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
they would have set him up by breaking the wife first...

And he would have known that a bomb would have pointed at him. Lots of other options for killing the guy, but it was a decent read.

texaschucktexaschuckover 6 years ago
challenge

I challenge all anons who get thrills from tearing anothers story apart identify yourselves. It appears to me as your a coward stand up for your words. And come up with something clever not the same phrase over and over.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not bad

Nicely written. It did feel like a bit of a hole at one point in the plot. After admonishing the predator, our protagonist could have confronted his wife about her parking lot tryst with the photographs he took. That would have ended it then. Instead, he left her vulnerable to further predations.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@texaschuck

I have a profile under bidingtime an ID that the site administration booted for arguing with their favorite at that time kiss--- 'frontlinecaster'. I read and post as anonymous I could register again, maybe, but making up an ID so I would not be anonymous makes no sense since I checked your bios and there is nothing there so maybe texaschuck is really mainecharlene. You are just as anonymous as me. If you IDed posters fill in your bios or add your true names then you can be snide to us true ANONONYMOUS posters. I gave this writer 4 **** for the accuracy of the story.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 6 years ago
Meh

While the technical aspects were somewhat interesting, I didn't care for Mike and how he did not intervene at all with Arlene. He should have had a come to Jesus talk with her after seeing her make out with Nick in the car.

I also never have sympathy for stupid bitches that give time to a known scumbag at the cost of their families.

This felt empty.

sdc97230sdc97230over 6 years ago
Why the case remained "open"

Meissen was the only person who was hot to pin the bombing on him (or anyone else, for that matter). Lupo only cared about whether there was an organized crime connection, and everyone else was just happy that someone blew Wellaton up before he got round to their wives or girlfriends.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 6 years ago
Silver Tongue Availed Smooth Operator Naught Against Ignition and Detonation Laden with Payback

First I'd like reiterate all previous compliments in comments before this one. That being said three plot missteps kept this story from being rated at full marks.

1) Story started in 3rd person, switched to 1st and meandered back to 3rd in epilogue. Pick a POV & stick to it please.

2) At some point the narrator needed to drill down his wife on interrogation tactics that would be applied to her. Great potential scene missed to show husband and wife working as one and showing core unity that sustained them thru wife's grievous error.

3) An oblique and indirect reveal of culpability could have been achieved with combat ordinance flashback scene and tying a common key feature used both in past and present for slimeball eradication.

Kudos for strong, memorable character archetypes, both main and supporting. Setting was researched with rigor. Author shifted narrator's mood across wide spectrum in line with what individual scene called for as intensity ratcheted up.

I thank Writewinger for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
meissen

I would have introduced this Meissen fellow to time immemorial

I love and respect the police, unless they are true pigs, no different from traffic cops who work for the tax collectors.

FD45FD45over 6 years ago
You can write a story

But alas, you cannot punctuate a story, nor it seems can you end a story.

I liked most of it. It didn't bog down, didn't stray into farce, had believable reactions but then it just went 'meh' like you got tired of writing or couldn't figure out how to end it.

Well...So, technically poorly written (grammar) -1, had verisimilitude +1, Liked the story, +1, had a decent plot, +1, didn't LOVE the story because of the end -1.

3 stars which is a fair score. Learn how to do quote marks. They are there for a reason.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 6 years ago
Admonition or Detonation?

You started with the best scene, which sometimes works, but not so much here. FD45 is correct about the punctuation. At times you did a good job with some difficult parts, and then the wheels fell off. The quotation marks were all over the place.

The writing (except punctuation) was pretty good and the plot had promise. You do need to keep writing. You will get a lot better. A lot of readers do like to kill the cheating wife's boyfriend, but don't get drawn into making that a habit. Murder is seldom a good solution and requires no imagination.

One problem was he caught the wife necking with the guy and did nothing. Rather than warn the guy, he needed to speak to his wife. The affair never would have happened if he had. For an ending, you need to think of something a bit more clever. Blowing someone up is pretty obvious and heavy handed. A little more creativity on the revenge would have served this story well. It has been a few days since a boyfriend was killed in LW so why not today? Please, do keep posting!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
"Cuck"

She will cheat again, if given the opportunity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
one word

Great . 4*

robt1157robt1157over 6 years ago
revolvers,,,,,, clips,,,,?

Yeah, what's with that ? Plus, though it is possible, I've never heard of a 9mm revolver. One of very few details you missed. A not so good read here, just 5 pages of mostly the same old same old, and long on that. Don;t let it stop you from writing, but let it inform you.

FD45FD45over 6 years ago
That is a good point

Cheating bastard cop could care less if he plows into some married wife since nothing bad had happened to him thus far.

Married wife, knowing her husband KNOWS she is going astray, barring divorce has to live with him EVERY DAY. How bad can you make someone's day if you have a mind for it? (There is a story there)

So she has one hell of a lot more incentive to stay on the straight and narrow if warned.

ejsathomeejsathomeover 6 years ago
Good one . . .

. . . I enjoyed it. Straight forward, well written, moved quickly, satisfying remorse from the wife, and decent ending. Thanks very much. I feel generous today: 5*

sdc97230sdc97230over 6 years ago
There are 9mm revolvers

S&W 986, Charter Arms Pitbull, Ruger LCR

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Pretty good story

However, there were a few interesting statements, one of which I find irresitible

"... could only be seamen drying in the crotch. " Sailors on the shore?

boatbummboatbummover 6 years ago
I Enjoyed The Story BUT....

The timeline/chronology was AWFUL!

1. Tours of duty in the sandboxes of Afghanistan and Iraq didn't start until after 9-11-2001 if my memory isn't failing me. If the "big bang" that eliminated "Nick the prick" took place in 1991, then Mike had to be in the army in the 1970s if he met Arlene in college over 15 years before. All totally confusing to me, because our only real involvement in any mideast sandbox back then was the Iranian hostage mess that started in 1979 and the failed attempt to rescue the captives in 1980.

2. They are sending the kids off to school on the Monday after the FOURTH OF JULY picnic? Not in any state where I've ever lived. ;-)

Keep it up, 'twas a decent story otherwise, in spite of the problems that others have already discussed....

Thanks for contributing here! Five * from me to help offset the 1-bombs!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
sick sorry

Kill Nicks wife and children was going over the top, since the bomb as at the house of the wife and kids(

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
why?

Her running ahead at July 4th party to ''talk'' to guy later identified in overheard restroom conversation would have raised serious alarms.

Obviously she was involved to some degree. Finding out guy was sexual predator should have compelled ''interrogation'' that night as to why she rushed ahead

to talk to guy.

Finding out wife is going to lunch with guy should have led to warning talk with wife...especially with her wardrobe change.

Not sure why he held off. Especially since that was not way his character was developed

Day he followed wife and saw intimacy we are supposed to believe he did nothing because he couldn't contain rage.

All he had to do is pull alongside her van and honk.

Everything would be exposed, wife would have been shocked back to reality. Certainly if he wanted to prevent guy from screwing wife, he would tell wife what he saw when she came home that night.

Author then has him ''get complacent'' after he confronted guy...really. A known successful predator of wives is after his, with rumors running rampant and guy bragging and he goes to sleep

Predator was on thin ice, all husband had to do is report lunch session to HR at wife's work.

Seems author wanted to write story of husband blowing up lover and turned proactive forthright husband into an ostritch.

And what is with wife going on about younger guy hot after her old body.

Serial predator wanting to destroy marriages of colleagues, wife loving being pursued but having numerous indiscreet lunches, husband lets it all happen not once confronting wife until he finds semen filled panties.

Three stooges investigation of bombing including defamation of character...no mention of interrogation of husband of bastard baby

First story of yours that fails

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
weepy wife

Wife claims she could not stand predator during her confession. So why was she weepy for a week after he was killed. Would think she would be estatic over no more waiting for blackmail threat to become reality. No more predator pulling out camera and torturing her at least weekly.

Agree with many others that showing wife pictures of make-out session would have prevented escalation of affair. No blow job in supply closet or sex in motel room.

Of course emotional affair had been going on for months.

Dirty_SteveDirty_Steveover 6 years ago
You needed to end with...

A wink telling us he did it... or the cop figuring out who did.

The epilogue just moved their lives forward but didn’t close the story. The fun part of this mystery is ya know he did or don’t get away with something. The only way he gets caught with enough evidence is that he gets caught in the lie about his wife. So after they drop the charges something, between his wife and he telling us he would do it again if necessary...

Good story otherwise

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Thoughts

"the girls and I are going to try to get out for lunch together today." - Minor point, with only four secretaries wouldn't it be hard for them to all go to lunch together?

Um, he would "pursue," not "peruse" her!

Nit pick, "way lay" is one word, "waylay."

"I don't make 'unwanted' advances towards women, married or otherwise," - He never said that they were "unwanted," just to stop making them!

I realize he said he was getting complacent, but how he didn't get suspicious about the shower surprises me.

I think he found "semen" in her panties, not sailors! He should have saved the panties!

I guess I'll find out later, but is her depression at Wellaton's death regret for what she's done, or sadness at the loss of her lover?

How do these presumably intelligent women always fall for this crap?

He SHOULD have told her about watching them in the park! I think the answer for why after that she still couldn't see through him is kind of critical.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
real world

Guy with predatory reputation and preference for seducing fellow officers wives is transfered into your house. End of first week he will be escorted to that precinct's bar for welcoming party. Drinks will flow, arms will be opened, his back will be patted, he will be toasted and toasted until he is about to be roasted. Great pains will be taken to assure his thinking will be fuzzy and his stumbling alone out door to back parking lot documented. Half ar dozen guys will greet him and cover his head cover secured by dishtowel doubling as gag.

Over next hour or so partiers will leave three or four at a time out front door.

His face will be untouched, his bones remain unbroken, no genital injury will occur.

However the large pillowcase containing half-dozen large oranges will be passed from hand to hand. Except those on shift and ''bosses'' all in house will take turn.

Over and over he will be lectured to not play in that neighborhood. He will miss week on duty and return still feeling lesson.

No fingers will be pointed no investigation takes place. His relative will get him transfered....he finds note awaiting on desk inviting him to party...

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Comments

@Anonymous Re: "Enjoyed it." - They probably DID interview her, and she obviously pulled it off!

I'm surprised that WE were never told that he did it!

He didn't want to confront her with the panties because it might jeopardize his plan for revenge, I assume he's already planning the bomb and doesn't want Arlene to suspect him, but then DOES confront her later, apparently unconcerned that she might connect him to the bombing?

@Anonymous Re: "@texaschuck" - Yes, we're all anonymous, but you could easily talk to Chuck. In order for me to talk to YOU instead of the other anons I had to Mickey Mouse something. You don't want an ID, fine! But couldn't you just put a "signature" at the bottom of your comments?

@Anonymous Re: "sick sorry" - Where do you see Nick's family getting killed? Arlene said it was going to be hard for Nick's family, so they can't be dead!

@Anonymous Re: "why?" - For the same reason that suspicious husbands here NEVER make the logical assumptions - to keep the story going! "not once confronting wife until he finds semen filled panties." - Hell, he didn't even confront her then!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Unsatisfying ending

We never learn of the wife's feelings regarding her lover's death. How does she feel being married to a murderer? The RAAC is too quick and not explained nearly well enough.

The author spent too much time in police procedures and the final investigation than the characters themselves.

Still, not so bad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Too much waffle

You got stuck in the police dept and work detail to the detriment of a promising story

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Timing problems

Someone already noted the horrible timeline issues and noted that the only way the MC could be a vet having served in those Iraq wars would be if that war had taken place in 1974. Top that with cell phone and computer crime references and year round schooling you get a mess that should be dated about 2020, not 1991.

Of more import is the jumpiness of the narrative. We move back and forth months in the narrative of the story without much discussion. It would be easier to follow. Understanding the MC and the wife's ease with the alphabet agency guys is better understood when the months between the affair, the killing and the investigation is displayed a bit better rather than the on again off again date headers on some of the section breaks.

patilliepatillieover 6 years ago
Well done

Moves along quickly and was very interesting. Sucks that the guy's was posted to records, and lost his patrol, all because of unwarranted suspicion. I mean he wasnt ever charged with anything, whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? I am upset because I have a feeling this was written based on true life experience the author had or knows about. Complete bullshit.

njlaurennjlaurenover 6 years ago
Okay

Started out interesting but the end fizzled,we are made to like Mike but we see him drift into purgatory and face away. URL if they never charge him with anything the Sherrif's department could have faced a massive lawsuit as could ATF, for harassment and illegal removal from his job. If the agent Messed poisoned the well like that it would be malfeasance and would be slander,pure and simple. Not to mention that likely it could be traced back to the uncle putting political pressure on the cops to take Mike off the streets,and they wouldn't have a leg to stand on. The way it ends you don't really have resolution,would the wife stay with him if she assumed he killed Wentworth, would he just accept the demotion?

@anon, "Predator was on thin ice, all husband had to do is report lunch session to HR at wife's work.' Have you been following the news? This guy was caught doing this several times and thanks to uncle svumvag, he skated every time. 27 yrs ago this would be treated on general as 'hah hah boys will be boys", and men knew it,especially Nick.

I suspect in real life the cops would have rallied around Mike and not sold him out and the uncle would find a mysterious shitstorm happening to them,cops hate cops hitting on other people's love. Interests.

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
POLITICS IN JUSTICE

will never use the word intelligence. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
The Blow Job...

...in the File Storage Room should have been enough proof to her that Nick's motives for their 'friendship' was pure seduction. This leads me to believe she really wanted this to progress to romance. Her husband should have seen through this when she was finally forced to confess the incident to him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Re: Anonymous 1/12/18 Sick Fetish

A wife is an loving wife until she cheats. NORMAL MEN DO NOT want a wife that loves fucking other men more than she she loves her husband. Your sick fetish as a cuck is the only way you can have a woman. COCHINO! COCHINO!! COCHINO!!!

adevilru12adevilru12over 6 years ago

This stories outline actually happened when I lived in NY in 1990. Dennis Wustenoff, a Suffolk County narcotics detective was blown up in his white Cadillac in front of his home in North Patchoque NY. Suspicion was quickly aimed at Nassau County police officer Robert Horan when it became common knowledge that Wustenoff was having an affair with Horans wife Nancy and Horan knew about it. Horan was assigned to the hazardous materials unit and had experience with and access to explosives. While Horan home was searched many times and the newspapers had him convicted in the press no charges were ever brought against him. As of 2013 the crime is still not solved. I have no knowledge what happened to Horan or his wife.

UnintendedConsequencesUnintendedConsequencesover 6 years ago
Glock 9mm service revolver?

Glock makes a lot of well regarded handguns. Many law enforcement agencies use them. They come in various calibers including 9x19 aka 9mm Luger.

Glock does not and never has made a revolver of any type.

That and the other blatant technical inaccuracies mentioned by other commenters get this story 1 *.

Write what you know.

bigguy323bigguy323over 6 years ago
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ You should let the reader know.....

Good but could be better with ....

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

"I kissed him and let him touch my breast. However, the conversations became more intimate, not in a sexual way but in a personal manner. He confided to me that he had a loveless marriage and that he believed his wife was having an affair with a doctor she worked with but because of the children they stayed together".

"I told him how we had a great marriage and how proud I was of you and our boys. He was supportive and told me how great it must be to have a sexy, vibrant wife to share one's life with. Even though he was attractive and attentive I never once thought of him as anything other than a friend."

So she kisses all her male friends and allows them to grope her?

driv2u2driv2u2over 6 years ago
Good

But husband was insecure and desperate to keep his wife at all costs , she will spread when next smooth guy comes along , he said not ready to quit marriage after kissing and tit massage , then guy fucks her and head in room , but still not ready to quit marriage , what next a gangbang , desperate .

mcbsmcbsover 6 years ago
Good Story, But Needs Work

The author spins a good tale, but needs to be careful about dates. As someone else mentioned, the story takes place in 1991. Foley has been with the department for 18 years. That means he started in 1973.

The first Gulf War was in 1990-1991. The US intervention in Vietnam had just ended in 1973. Nothing to do with Iraq or Afghanistan. What the author should have done, was have Foley in the Army, as a veteran of the First Gulf War, and starting with the department in 1991. He would have been a deputy for 18 years in 2009.

The correct spelling for the Army branch, that handles weapons and ammo, as well as vehicle maintenance, is Ordnance, NOT Ordinance, which pertains to laws and regulation. Gave the story a 3.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hope those seamen got back to their ship!

Must have been uncomfortable for grown men all wet and stuffed in her panties.

Perused means looked over. Pursued seems to be what you wanted.

Inferred or implied? Check the difference.

Story seemed a little dry. Hardly any emotion from any of the characters.ore like a police procedural than anything.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
interesting story

Lots of malapropisms, and ending felt too abrupt, but the "meat" of the story was quite tasty. I gave it a 4.7B34

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Poor ending.

All that for such a poor ending...

looking4itlooking4itover 6 years ago

Too bad you had him professionally “castrated” and he took it laying down. Really squelched an entertaining story to that point. You built a code where officers took care of each other then let him be ostracized. Doesn’t make sense, even if it were true to life. Lol, life isn’t always any more believable than fiction...

LonesomeBoy60LonesomeBoy60over 6 years ago
No way

She knew what she was doing, you tried to "water it down" and failed, she goes back to her "Cuck" husband unpunished, until the "next time".

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
High marks except

We never did understand how the wife could fall for such an obvious scumbag. I liked the driveway IED and the asshole got what he deserver after all he was fairly warned. A little more understanding of the wife would be helpful even though I understand that law enforcement is an extremely difficult job with a high divorce rate.

kuroneko_dkkuroneko_dkover 6 years ago
I was drunk

“i was drunk” and “We're human and we make mistakes” is shit and we all know it, drunk is not a excuse and cheating is not a mistake, and the end to this story,,, oh boy, like a other person wrote it. Btw “you was my only one because lover boy” is a bad excuse to. For this 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
The IED was a novel plot device.

But the ending was a letdown. It was beleiveable to be sure but felt a little flat and unsatisfying.

3*

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 6 years ago
Good story.

There are some flaws.

Well pointed out in other comments.

One is that the story fades out.

It kinda does.

But I do not see it as a flaw.

It's realistic. Believable.

A downfall caused by the wife's

bad decisions..

Those decisions don't make

the wife stupid.

Let's face it, we all know

a person like that.

Someone who is too weak

to fight a bully.

Sad but true.

I do agree with comments

claming that the wife's part

of the investigation is missing.

An oversight by the writer.

Nobody's perfect.

I, however, love this story,

even with flaws.

It's well written, good plot

and absolutely belivable.

I usually don't like RAAC stories,

but here it works.

Gets top ratings from me.

Thanks Writewinger for

yet again a great story!

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
A lot of work went into setting up the basics of the story

only to have it go nowhere.

Ducky7Ducky7over 6 years ago
Well so so...

The wheels of justice seem to turn even slower than I thought, The FBI have lived up to their potential and screwed up the case and all the lives around them. And real justice was served... BUT what was the point of the story?? It seemed to get lost somewhere.....

enjayemenjayemover 6 years ago
Hard to rate

I liked the tale and it was well told, but, it just seemed to fizzle out at the end. While the story built tension quite well, there was no real climax, no great revelation or even twist in the tale (sorry). If anything, it finished with an anti-climax.

4* only for the weak ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Why in the heck would he stay married to his cheating wife? That part of the story is beyond me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sloppy Ending

Bad ending. I'd feel better if a friend acknowledged they knew he did it and congratulated him. 5 for a nice story and 3 for a bad ending so you got a 4.. Why not a sequel with a better ending if you want a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Liked it

Thank you. Yes it did fizzle out at the end like investigations do when they can't go any (I'm an ex Cop). I liked it - nicely realistic.

OnethirdOnethirdabout 6 years ago
Procedures

I do agree that the infidelity was superseded by the police drama. Where is the reconciliation between husband and wife? Seems that the crux of the whole thing got diverted too much. The wife’s remorseful dialogue was well done, however. That part seemed pretty realistic. And to all the BTB trolls out there: I’m glad he didn’t toss a poor middle-aged mother who succumbed to a serial seducer to the curb.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Hmm, I agree

Their reconciliation was essentially Mike yelling at Arlene to STFU and forgive herself. That's actually pretty funny, probably a first. I disagree with the ending although what I wanted to see would sort of fuck up the plot a little. I also disagree with Arlene's actions. She simultaneously resisted, desired, and succomed to the prick's advances. There are only two proper ways to reconcile the error with the universe. One is divorce, and the other is to uncover their true submissive slut that they are and dedicate it to their husband. They would gratify their emotional and physical desires, making straying intellectually and emotionally illogical.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
This read like a boring episode of a bad TV detective show

It was like the author was trying to show off all his knowledge of cop/military procedures and didn't want to leave anything out. The Crux of the story was that his wife was cheating on him with a lowlife asshole. She knew that the guy pursued and screwed married women but she ignored the fact because it was exciting. So, she gives him a blowjob and fucks him and he just says it's OK and then the subject is dropped. First you divorce the bitch, leave a little time for things to quiet down then cap his ass.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
fact is...

...he could have prevented her from having sex with the predator. He knew Nick's character, he knew wife was surreptitiously meeting him for lunch and dressing up for those dates.

The night after he followed them, he should have confronted wife with photos. Then confronted Nick as he did.

His stating he got complacent is tough for readers to believe. Considering everything he knew, his being complacent means he is responsible for wife's cheating.

The investigators would have surely found Nick's stash of videos and would have confronted Mike and his wife with that evidence.

His wife knew what she was doing and the character of her lover. She had betrayed husband numerous times before the single act of penetrative sex. Her account of that night is disingenuous. The lengths she took to have lunch and make out sessions. The oral sex at her workplace. Her willingness to have drinks and accompany him to hotel room do not match up with her account of that night. She could have struggled, screamed and the sex would not have taken place. Remorse was self-serving.

Agents would have interrogated her, she would reveal husband knew of affair which he had denied.

Also merely blowing guy up would not suffice for me. Nick would not feel anything. Mike had time on his side. Plan a way to torture guy for few hours before blowing him up.

Too many holes in story and I ended up with no respect for Mike. Mainly because he allowed seduction to take place.

ErotFanErotFanabout 6 years ago
A likable story

Jeez! The man is a saint. She got off extremely light (pun not intended).

P.S. Did the wife ever catch on about the bombing? Is that why she become the "perfect" wife? ^_^

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Some gaps, but well done

As proactive as husband was, it seems he would have gone straight to wife after the Parking Lot non-blow job. He knows people fm her office, so it's entirely plausible to just say "Someone told me you were acting weird and dashing out for lunches, and you've been dressing up, so I followed you and saw you today." I also thought as thorough as husband was, he didn't ask about condoms, or worry about STDs. She didn't know he saw the soiled panties. He clearly wanted his wife back, but he let her off pretty easily. And how did prick get invited to a baby shower?

ewray321ewray321almost 6 years ago
Ending

The ending did not mention much about the husband and wife. Were they able to get by the adultery.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Good story but ...

The husband let down his guard too easily. Not sure why.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A great od story but you left to many holes

After finding the wife kissing the preditor ,he should have interviewed. Also why didn't the police interview the wife. But without evidence there was no case. So we do not know if he did it. Plus with his training why would he blow up this scumbags car.knowing he would be a suspect.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Keep writing

I don't think a story needs to answer all questions. The reason I read these stories is for the relationship between husband and wife. You nailed that part. As to was he responsible for killing her lover or not, fine with that being a question. Only writing sin I'm concerned with, is not getting both points of view. 5 stars.

0zed0zedalmost 6 years ago
Damn Wimp!

You disrespect US Serviceman, portraying them as wimps married to unfaithful sluts. Go back to Canada!

Texas_Air_ForceTexas_Air_Forcealmost 6 years ago
One question left unasked....

Did his wife ever raise the question what happened to shithead? She needed.to know, or at least suspect.,..

Freddog6601Freddog6601almost 6 years ago
Good potential

This was an interesting read. In my opinion this story has potential but needs to be pulled and rewritten with good editing (stick to one POV), correct punctuation (poor punctuation detracts from a good story), fill the holes and lastly rethink WHERE the slime ball is killed.

Freddog6601Freddog6601almost 6 years ago
Close, but no cigar

First off, get an editor. PROOFREAD. Secondly, way too many holes in this story.

Thirdly, I have no problem with the Asshole getting a quick exit card from this earth. The problem I have is where it was done and with apparent total disregard for the possibility of collateral damage. This one act made the”good guy” into another bad guy. That said, there are no good guys in this story. The fifth problem I have is the lack of dialogue with the wife on several items, not the least of which was the lunchtime parking in the park.

This story has potential but need a rework.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
5 stars, interesting and realistic.

You do need an editor, but I liked the story very much. Personally, I would have included more of the damaged relationship between the Mr. and Mrs, especially after the explosion, but I can see why you did it the way you did. I doubt I could have forgiven her so quickly since she intended on sleeping with him - even though it was only the one time.

Try to ignore the snobbish comments provided by the "legends" of LW - they tend to take themselves much too seriously and are dismissive of any new writers that might eventually steal their thunder, as it were. If you were to line up a good editor, I believe you have the capability to eclipse their work in short order. Good work, please keep writing - with the help of an editor.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Way Too Long!

Other than the car blast that killed Nick the Prick and,the bombastic shit Mike took right in the middle of his confrontation with his cheating wife,this story got really boring and went no where. - The whole search scene was a waste.Besides,I thought that a warrant must be based on reliable information showing probable cause to search.None I was aware of. - And with all these law enforcement agencies involved,no one could ever solve the case?! Guess they'll need to require all to watch "Blue Bloods" and "Chicago PD" in the future to sharpen their skills. - And Arlene the wife,is she stupid or what? Mike should have known that after following her at lunch time and warned her when he warned the asshole,BEFORE Nick the Prick slipped her his dick! - In summary,this story was too long,boring,full of uninteresting dumb characters,no solution to the case,and a rushed through unsatisfactory ending.

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Boom

Once again the AP, who knew the husband, gets the one way trip off the map. Wife suffers great emotional loss and remorse after being caught cheating. Double play.

adevilru12adevilru12over 5 years ago
Second post 1st post 1/13/18

I came across this story again and I realized I wanted to find out what happened to the couple from Nassau county in 1990. They would be Deputy Foley and his wife in this story. Please read my first post to make sense of this post. Robert and Nancy Horan are still married to this day. They live in the same house and have 2 kids. As of today the Wustenhoff murder is not solved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Started good

But fell way short of even "fair" at the end. He's a cuckold, she got away with outright cheating, the cops are idiots, and they lived happily ever after? 1 * was generous..

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Not good

His wife fucks around on him and with a few tears she manages to keep her happy home. The only good thing was the asshole ended up in little bitty pieces. It's not like it was a one time thing. She went out with the asshole several times and encouraged him. If she didn't want it to happen she would have put an end to it when he groped her in the van. She's just a whore looking for some different cock.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Mike is a big military pussy

With no self respect, no man with self could've, should've,would've kept this bitch as his wife. The writer is a motherfucker cucky minded person. An asshole who loved to be cuckolded in real life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
This is probably one of the most realistic stories

the author is correct you know. There's ways how to make bombs all over the net. Or in books. The issue is the delivery system: Saddams Scud II missiles were roughly the same thing as Hitlers V2/A4 rocket.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Reread

Read this one again and still enjoyed it. I don't have much knowledge of explosives from my service. I know just enough to fear them. If I was in this situation, I would just have to shoot the bastard. Not nearly as spectacular, but just as permanent.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 5 years ago
So.

He murders the other man and keeps the woman who broke their marriage vows.

The wife has a little cry and claims she is oh so sorry and gets a complete and total pass on fucking another guy.

What a crock of shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I tuned out

when it became just another cheater apologist story. Despite what you want the reader to believe, No, she wasn't a victim. She was a more than willing participant. No, she wasn't a poor shrinking violet that was seduced against her wishes by the big mean man, she chose to take every one of those steps to betray her husband. No amount of rationalization will change that. Just another piss poor story where the slut wife is the “victim” in the eyes of the author.

PaddyyddaPPaddyyddaPover 5 years ago
Don't fight any more wars

With all the trained killer 'soldiers' on literotica, the country would be overrun in minutes. Eveyone of the stories on here that feature some Chuck Norris sniper/special forces/bomb expert ex soldier also has these highly trained killing machines turn out to be totally and utterly indecisive sniveling machines when it comes to their wives. They suspect the wife, follow her, watch her make out with some guy, watch her get felt up, and do nothing until AFTER she cheats. They just keep watching, and whining, and never once talk to her before she cheats, to try and stop it.

TreymonTreymonabout 5 years ago
I have to agree.

The guy would never let it get that far.

Although you do want to know what your partner would do in the end.

But he just stressed and let it happen.

Why let it happen if you are just going to forgive and forget.

If he told her his suspicions she would have to face reality.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Nick got what he deserved

Nick was seducing the wives of Law enforcement Officers and the fact that Mike decided to go the department picnic this time was what became his life savor for his family while going to the bathroom overheard to deputies talking about this Nick and what they knew about his fraternizing with married women and that his own wife knew about it and Nick uncle saved his butt because he was in a government position and the fact when they described who he was, Mike realized he saw his wife talking to a man at the picnic who discretion was as these deputies described. The hair on Mikes neck was telling him that he better check out his wife's movements at work and he decided to talk to one of his marine friend Joe who worked in the IT department to to find out everything about this Nick. When Joe got back to him and told what he found Joe mentioned that Mike's wife was having lunch with this Nick and Nick was flirting with her in the office. Then Mike noticed a few irregularities in his wife dress when she left the house and some of her demeaner when she was at home. So Mike decided to rent a car and follow her and this Nick when they went for lunch and he saw and photographed them in the same park were the picnic was and got her kissing him and the fondling. After Mike had done it a few times, then he decided to stop him while he was on shift, so he pulled him over and told him to break it off with Arlene or there would be consequences. Then Mike should confronted Arlene with his evidence

and had her decide what she wanted, whether it would be a divorce or she stopped seeing him period, before she had sex with Nick, and Mike should have also told her that he has had several affairs with married women and she was just an other conquest of his and probably more he was seeing when not with her or he was black mailing all of them probably using a camera to film his sexual seductions. The fact that Nick killed when his car exploded in the driveway at his house, could have been done buy any jealous husband or even his own wife could have done it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I missed the part

where the whore wound up six feet under

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Get an editor or go back to school.

———— __ __ __ - - - - -

These things in dialogue don't mean shit.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 5 years ago
Why let it continue

She should be told no more lunches if you want to keep her otherwise let it go as did and divorce for infidelity

She was not innocent she kept going to lunches and let him play

Don't like any of main characters

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 5 years ago
She got off too light

I agree too many lunches and kisses

She is guilty of multiple infidelity

It doesn't mean just sex

KRD19254KRD19254about 5 years ago

Wow, what one damn minute... She gave the Dick a BJ in the file room, she went to the park got felt up and almost gave the Dick a BJ, then she goes to a motel (after a baby shower - excuse) and fucks the Dick. She knew of the Dick's philandering and still let her self be seduced. She wanted to CHEAT for the excitement, naughty, nasty, illicitness of it all.

The Deputy is a cuck but at least he got some sweet revenge. Meissen should be brought up on charges and kicked out - Lupo was a typical fed dick for not doing it.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 4 years ago
Once the younger son is out of the house

Kick her out right behind him. She is tainted and should be kept just as a fuck buddy, house keeper and mother. After the kids are gone she is made redundant and shown the road.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well, la te fucking da

Justice served, move on. Arlene got off easy, but had to be to make the story believable. As far as Messina and his ilk......slime with political agendas carrying badges. No wonder good honest police officers have to take shit because of their actions. Once an individual shows more interest in his own agenda and not justice they need to be removed from their positions by any means necessary. Maybe after a few of these asshats are dealt with word will get around and their fellow asshats will avoid the profession and leave it to the people with integrity.

As for joe resigning after being replaced by a resume and gender affiliation. Let’s just continue to water down the qualifications and abilities until the only thing it impresses is the political parasites who feed off the PC agenda. If your qualified and meet the standards welcome, if the requirements have to be adjusted or reduced to allow you to qualify then move on. YOU DON’T BELONG THERE.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

This steaming pile of shit was 5 pages too long.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Why is his slut wife still with him. He should have thrown her ass out of the house.

DazzyDDazzyDalmost 4 years ago
I

Gave this a 5, but clean up the spelling.

gfrhgfrhover 3 years ago
No

He should have divorced the cheating whore. I can't stand RAAC's for either male or female cheaters. Either just leave the relationship or go with a nuclear BTB.

JhWALLJhWALLover 3 years ago
Correct

She deserved what happened as she brought it on herself. Firstly setting her husband up the way she did lying by omission she knew what she was doing was wrong that's why she lied like she did.

Secondly look how fast she had another man after the divorce, her marriage was already on the way out if it hadn't been that guy it would have been someone else.

I just don't understand this I'm bored I was looking for fun and verification I'm still beautiful so much BS.

Life is boring once you settle into having children your fun life is over as a single person it's all about the family, cheater are selfish evil manipulators nothing more nothing less.

Trying to go back and renew the younger years only works for a while no matter who else it's with the boredom will set in again and the same thing will happen again so better to stay single if that's the way your mind works.

Wise partners know if they have a good thing with their partner it's best to stay that way and work on that relationship rather rocking the boat which is only going to bring pain to everyone concerned.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Good story....

Arlene got off way too lightly. She should’ve been punished for her stupidity.

Personally I think her ass, by consent, should’ve been whipped raw, and her forgiveness and redemption found in her bleeding welts. Only belted once but enough so that she’d never forget what she did and how close she came to losing it all

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous