The Agent Pt. 02: Rogue Nation

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ready?" Ashley hoarsely said. I nodded silently.

A set of keys jingled behind me and found myself looking at Carrie.

Sweet, sweet Carrie. Her eyes were dilated with adrenaline, her mouth slightly parted. This wasn't a sign of arousal. No, her aura radiated with fear. She took a couple of strides towards me and hugged me tightly against her body. I pulled my head back a little and kissed her hard on the lips. She kissed just as hard and desperately.

She pulled back and gave me a key.

"Take the car and leave," she quivered. "Now."

I looked at her with yearning, fear, desire, everything. The agent within shouted at me with all her might, begging for me to leave at that very moment, but Carrie's green eyes paralysed me.

I had so much to say and the unpredictable future made me doubt if I'll see her soon, but nevertheless I couldn't say what I wanted to say. Judging from her look, she wanted to say something too, but both of us knew we couldn't. It'd be too hard, too heartbreaking.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. Painfully, Ashley was carrying my duffel bag and nudged me to move. "We have to go," she firmly said. I nodded quickly and started to open my mouth.

"I lo-" I began, but I stopped myself. Carrie gave me a warning look. I cleared my throat.

"I'll see you," I said nonchalantly, dropped my gaze from hers and walked towards the garage, but I could feel Carrie's gaze on mine. There was an invisible force pulling me towards her and the farther I walked away, the stronger it became. I fought hard against it as I opened the garage door and got into the driver's seat of the car.

I could feel that lingering gaze as I backed out from the garage and started driving on the road. My whole body felt numb, but we had to do what we had to do.

In the passenger seat, Ashley curiously looked through my duffel bag and grabbed an item that was poking out of its material.

She grabbed the bible.

"Well, damn," she chuckled ironically. "I never really pegged you as the religious type, agent. I don't really get-" She opened the bulky book and her eyes widened. I firmly clenched my teeth as I kept my eyes on the road. She let out a long whistle.

"I think you and I need to have a chat later, agent," she said lowly as she closed the bible and held it against her chest. "A long, long chat."

(To be continued...)

1...345678