All Comments on 'The American Reporter Pt. 01'

by Shaima32

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
QuantumanQuantumanover 6 years ago
Well done!

Well written. Left me anxious to read more.

TSreaderTSreaderover 6 years ago
A great start!

Looking forward to more of this! Thank you!

JoyJoy4MeJoyJoy4Meover 6 years ago

Wonderful first chapter. I look forward to the next one. I am definitely intrigued.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hanging

Left hanging on await next installment

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Exotic, Mysterious and perhaps a bit Dangerous!

You have set the tone. Sydney Greenstreet, or should I say Signor Ferrari, is surely sitting in a cafe nearby.

MaonaighMaonaighover 6 years ago
Kinder, Kirche, Kuche...

...the Nazi ideal of a woman's place. Small wonder poor Helga has an aversion to her fellow embassy wives. You've done it again Shaima, set up an intriguing situation and whetting the appetite just sufficiently for the reader to want more. As a flight of fancy, I could imagine the following film cast: Bette Davis as Harriet, Lizabeth Scott as Helga and George Sanders as Helmut. On with the motley...

metroalmametroalmaover 6 years ago
shall we start casting

for the movie. The version made in 1940 would surely have Katherine Hepburn as Harriet. Helga would be a bit harder though Hollywood being what it was they would be throwing Ingrid Bergman into the mix. Today, however, is more wide open. Who would be Harriet and Helga?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

what an engaging start. i cannot wait to read more. please continue this .thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Casablanca with a twist

Congratulations, you’re off to another wonderful start. I so enjoyed your stories, the character development, the humanity, the passion, and the wonderful touch of erotic! Very much looking forward to your next installment. Your works sets the bar high for this site.

DRock!

acupacupover 6 years ago
Throughly enjoyed it.

Went back and read some of your older submissions and loved every one. And the translations helped quite a bit, might have to think about adding something like them to a few of my own submissions.

A quick hint. The change of scene or perspective can get a bit blurred, and Lit automatically removes double spaced blank lines. Drop in at least three charters and it will leave them in place letting you make a bit of a break to denote the changes. I personally use three underscores, something that doesn't take away from the flow of things.

Looking forward to more.

WaxPhilosophicWaxPhilosophicover 6 years ago
Very nice start

I love the setting, and the slow build. Anxious for the next installment.

Bridget69Bridget69over 6 years ago
So far so good!

As a film, I think it would work well as either a historical period or modern day drama. Great introduction with a lot of verbal foreplay.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Bavarian Accent?

I like your stories and your writing. Again this story is as good as much of your stories bevor. But excuse me the bavarian accent is the 2nd worst accent you could choose. Saxion accent/dialect would be the ultimate no no. Hint: In Hannover the capitol of lower saxony they don‘t have any accent/dialect.

PS: I don‘t live or been borne there. My dialect is nearly so terrible like Bavarian.

Greetings from Germany

okami1061okami1061almost 2 years ago

Why would you reveal the heart of your story in an introductory paragraph?

The "key" to the English Patient was NOT knowing the story's heart.

Put that material, and anything else that tells the story before you tell the story, at the end of the last chapter.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous