The Arctic

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Did you even think about me?" he asked softly. Eira looked away, old guilt surfacing.

"Every day for several years, I even tried to follow you," she confessed.

"Your father wouldn't let you..." Nicholas acknowledged.

"My duty is to my Kingdom, not my heart. I am the descendant of Sol, I have responsibilities to my people Nicholas."

"He's not here to keep us apart anymore Eira." Eira stopped and pulled away from him.

"Because you slaughtered him; he may have been a stubborn man, he may even have been as cruel as you say. But he was my father, he didn't deserve to die the way he did." She remembered as though it had just happened. Bells rang, warning the village they were being attacked. Eira had been locked in her room for her own protection, she held her seax tightly in one hand, listening to the sounds of battle raging just outside her door. She paced the room feeling useless, then a sudden pounding against her door caused her to jump. They were trying to break down her door. She held her blade and prepared herself to fight.

Two wolves broke through, she later learned the bigger one was Jerrik, Nicholas's second in command. He was taller than her by almost a foot, his broad form was intimidating and he had a sneer across his face.

"Hello Princess." She held her blade up and shook it threateningly at him.

"You stay away from me," she warned. But Jerrik didn't look frightened, if anything he looked amused. He nodded to his pack mate who started to approached Eira from the other side. They were closing in and she felt her heart speed up.

"Put the knife down and I swear not to hurt you," Jerrik announced, his long blond hair was tied back in a tight braid; a few strands having fought lose. He had blood splattered across his bare chest, covering his hands and Eira felt sick to her stomach as she wondered who the blood belonged to. Was it someone she knew? Did they have a family that would never see them again?

Tears threatened to spill as they got closer and she took her chance. She swiped the blade at the smaller wolf and ran for the door. Jerrik was faster, tackling her to the stone floor, pinning her wrists. He slammed her right fist against the ground, forcing her to let go of the blade and he pushed it across the room where the other wolf picked it up and tucked it into his belt.

"When my father gets ahold of you..."

"Your father is about to be executed, and we're running late to the show." Jerrik tied her wrists behind her back with rope the younger wolf pulled from her curtains. He helped her onto her feet and shoved her down the corridor towards the throne room. Kneeling on the floor was her father, his face was swollen and bloody.

"Let my daughter go," he demanded.

"Why on earth would I ever do such a thing?" Her heart dropped as she recognized the voice. Nicholas sat on her father's throne, the crown resting on his head, tilted as he picked at his fingernails with a large dagger. He knuckles were raw and she could tell he'd been the one who beat her father.

"I will give you the ring, but you have to release Eira."

"See, you don't quite understand that you no longer have power anymore Kris. I do not need you to give the ring to me, whoever kills you inherits the ring. I also know that with Eira's blood and marriage vow, I will have access to the power of the sun."

Eira gasped, she'd told him that in confidence many years ago. It was a family secret, she'd only told him because they'd been been close to marrying.

"You told him?"

"I'm sorry Daddy, I never thought he would do this." Eira fought to pull away but Jerrik only tightened his grip.

"Oh Eira, what have you done?" Her father stared at her in disbelief.

"Let him go!" Eira demanded, glaring up at Nicholas.

"And why would I do that?"

"Because you need my blood willingly or it won't work." Eira announced.

Nicholas stood and walked closer to Eira, giving her time to absorb the sight of the man before her. He had more muscle, he wore more fur, most of it fox and hare; he had several scars she'd never seen before and his hair covered the his ears where her father had cut off his elven tips. Nicholas stood a mere breath away, towering over her and she felt her blood pounding in her ears as she looked up into his grey blue eyes.

"I will find a way to get what I want Eira...I always get what I want," he growled. And without another word he threw his dagger with deadly accuracy, embedding it into her father's chest. His eyes shot wide open as his tunic turned a bright red. Eira screamed, fighting against Jerrik's grip. Kris collapsed and Eira watched her father's life fade from his eyes. After a few minutes Jerrik let her go and she landed on her knees, skinning both against the stone floor. She walked on her knees until she was next to her father, her dress soaking in the blood that puddled beneath him. She cried, leaning her head against his, her hands still bound behind her back. Nicholas cut her binds loose and she pulled her father's body into her arms as she mourned her loss.

"It was the only way to unite our clans Eira, it had to be done." Eira shook her head, tears threatening to spill again. Nicholas beckoned Runa forward

"Yes Sire?"

"Please escort Eira to her new chambers and get her ready for bed," he instructed. Eira didn't argue, she didn't feel much like celebrating anymore. Runa led her out of the hall and down the corridor. But they passed the room Eira had once called her own, and Runa led her farther down the corridor and into what would soon be the room she would share with Nicholas. The center of the new room held a large canopy bed, which was covered in rose petals. If it had not been from Nicholas she would have been flattered.

"Where did he find roses in winter!?"

"The greenhouse Milady. He has also left a nightgown for you." Eira turned red as she turned to see the outfit left out for her and she felt herself fill with rage.

"I will not!"

"I do not think it is wise to anger him, Eira."

"And it is not wise to anger me! You are excused Runa, I will deal with my husband when he joins me." Runa sighed but didn't argue. She curtsied and left, leaving Eira alone with her thoughts. She paced the room, nerves on end as she waited for Nicholas. Time seemed to pass slowly and she was almost tempted to leave the room and return to her own, but she knew angering Nicholas would not do her any good. He always got what he wanted; one way or another. After the murder of her father, Nicholas had kept her prisoner for weeks. When she refused to agree to his bargain he started killing her people, one by one in the courtyard for her to see. She knew giving him access to the power of Sol was a mistake, but he had left her with little choice.

She had to remember that this Nicholas was not the same Nicholas she had once been engaged to, he was cruel, cold. He may have the same face, but she knew something inside him was broken. When she heard the sound of the door she spun around and faced him. He looked like he had downed a few more drinks, behind him was a group of his pack mates. They were shouting and whistling, hollering words of encouragement.

"Show her the beast Nicholas!" One shouted.

"Give the troll what she's craving!" Eira winced at the insult. While trolls had similar ears, their tips were longer and they were disgusting filthy evil little creatures.

Nicholas pushed them out as he closed the doors to the room, leaving them alone.

"You refused to wear what I laid out?"

"I still have some choice Nicholas, and I refuse to dress like a whore." He turned to her and started to unbuckle his belt.

"It does not matter, undress," he instructed. Eira swallowed, hands shaking as she reached for the hem of her dress. Nicholas let his pants drop to the floor, his tunic and furs followed until he was standing before her as naked as the day he was born. Eira looked away, nerves causing her stomach to roll, her hands no longer wanting to cooperate.

"Eira..." His voice trailed off in warning. She pulled the dress off and let it drop to the floor, leaving her just as naked as him. She clenched her fists to refrain from hiding herself behind her hands, she let her nails dig into her palms to keep the tears at bay.

"Just do what you came to do and be done with it." Eira had little knowledge of the marriage bed, her mother had died when she was a little girl; her only knowledge came from what she read in books and even those didn't tell her much. Nicholas approached her, lifting her chin so that she was forced to stare into his grey blue eyes. They reminded her of the sky just before a snowfall.

"I can make it enjoyable for both of us snowflake."

"I would rather die then enjoy anything from you," she spat. Nicholas eyes lit up with anger, he shoved her back onto the bed and she let out a yelp.

"Is this how you want it Eira? Want me to take you like the savage that I am? Want me to hurt you so that you can go on hating me?" he demanded. Eira sat up and she slapped him hard enough it caused his head to turn. She lifted her hand to her mouth as she realized what she'd done.

"I-I-I'm sorry..." she apologized. He turned to look back at her, his eyes a few shades darker. A growl emanated from his chest and he backhanded her so hard she fell backwards and Nicholas grabbed her by her hips, pulling her forward until he was standing between her legs. She could feel his skin against her own, his felt on fire and she tried to pull away but his grip was just too strong.

"Don't make me hurt you Eira, I will if I have to. But I don't want to." Eira let out a feral scream as she sat up, nails clawing at his face.

"I want to hurt you though!" she yelled. Nicholas sighed and grabbed her wrists, holding her still by her own limbs. He gave her a rough shake.

"Stop it Eira! Quit behaving like a insolent child."

"I HATE you!" she screamed. Nicholas finally snapped, and slapped her, over and over until she was begging him to stop. She held a hand to her burning face, all fight draining from her body. Nicholas spit into his palm and reached down to stroke his stiff member. Eira finally glanced down and what she saw made her whimper. There was no way he was going to stick that thing inside her and she would survive. It was long and thick, protruding proudly from his groin, beneath it held a small pouch of skin. Runa had referred to them as stick and berries, but Nicholas looked nothing resembling a stick. The tip was mushroom shaped, and the long thick shaft had a few veins running up.

"Nicholas..." But he was beyond words now. Nicholas grabbed her legs and spread them apart, revealing her most cherished places to his hungry eyes.

"This is going to hurt," he snarled as he rammed himself inside her. Eira screamed, back arching as sharp stabbing pain radiated from her groin, overwhelming her senses. Nicholas didn't wait for the pain to fade, he didn't wait for her to adjust to him. He held her wrists pinned above her head as he plowed himself into her. Eira's screams fell upon deaf ears as Nicholas took her virginity. He used his free hand and moved it in between their bodies and Eira felt him touch her intimately. A new sensation replaced the pain that had her on the brink of passing out. She gasped as he manipulated her body to respond to his efforts.

"Stop that!" Eira growled, trying to

kick him but he easily slapped her leg aside and continued. Nicholas leaned his head forward and brought her breast into his mouth. Eira squealed as she felt his teeth graze her nipple. Nicholas chuckled at the responses he coaxed from her body.She tried to buck his hand away but to no avail. She could feel something inside her building, higher and higher but to what end she wasn't sure. Her body started to respond, her hips flexing up to meet his. The suddenly she felt an explosion coursing through her body, and a euphoric haze washed over her mind, silencing all thoughts. When her body stopped convulsing, Nicholas pulled out of her, flipped her over and entered her from behind like she'd seen animals do. Eira no longer had fight left; Nicholas pounded himself into her until he found release. He held her still as he emptied himself inside her. Eira's eyes filled with tears as Nicholas trailed kisses behind her neck. When he finally pulled away she curled up into a ball, unable to keep the sobs to herself.

"I told you snowflake, it didn't have to hurt." He made his way to the dresser where a basin of water sat, and he took the rag beside it and soaked it in water, wringing it out before making his way back to Eira.

"Hold still." Eira kicked when he reached for her ankle, making contact with his chin. He grabbed her ankle and dragged her to the edge of the bed.

"I'm going to clean up the blood," he explained.She hissed as the cool rag touched her tender flesh but she didn't pull away again. Once Nicholas was satisfied with his work he cleaned himself up and climbed into bed, pulling Eira into his arms. She tried to roll away but his grip was like iron.

"Stop pulling away from me!" he demanded. Eira fought against the tears as she felt him curl his body around hers.

"I hate you," she sniffled. Nicholas buried his face into her hair, breathing in her scent.

"I have the rest of our lives to make it up to you Eira, someday you will love me again."

12