The Awakening Ch. 51-63

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Amra took a deep breath and nodded, standing right next to Caliope, he looked at everyone in the room and then at Elaine. "I agree with what she says, I was already with you on this from the start, I think we can't wait any longer. Make it happen Elaine."

Elaine nodded and sighed, shaking her head. "I didnt want it to happen like this, but they left us no choice. Generals? Any objection?" She stood up and headed to the wall where the tv screen was embeded, she clicked on a small panel entered what it looked like a security code, she looked once again back to the living room and all those in the room were quiet, Maxwell and the Meng Generals as well. "So we go for it." She asked once more in a way that sounded more like a statement than a question, they just nodded.

She cleared her voice. "Attention please..." She said and her voice echoed throughout the city, Caliope walked to the window and saw many angels stop in mid fly. "As some of you might have heard, and if you haven't, now is the time to turn on your tv's, they have gone out of their way to make their real identities known to the public. It has been just decided by the main Generals and our Arcane Guardian that we will go in public live in 12 hours. That is your time frame to let everyone else know and be ready. This city will remain as our sanctuary and head quarters from now on. We will meet in 24 hours. Until then, remain vigilant and report anything and everything." Elaine cutted the voice and closed the small panel, turning around to sigh again.

Caliope was angry, she kept watching the tv screen with several other homemade videos and phone recordings of events that were alike, a fight or some shadows, a break in or a car accident with violent outcomes, always the same apparitions. Amra looked down at her worriedly and put himself in front of the tv, cutting her view, she frowned and looked up only to meet his eyes and she softened her expression, he wrapped his arms around her and caressed her back. 'Don't let them affect you, dont let them turn you into what they want you to be.' He whispered into her mind and she realized how the rage inside her was slowly consuming her, her hands were squeezed into fists. She closed her eyes and nodded, pressing against his chest and letting him sooth her. "Thank you." She whispered and felt his lips on top of her head.

"Now? what do we do?" Vanessa asked nervously, Pronab took her hand in his and squeezed it. "Now we wait, and start preparing." He responded.

"I have calls to do and Magna is arriving soon, she will make this easier. " Said Elaine before she walked out.

It was noon when Caliope walked into the kitchen and saw Chef Remesch smile at her, she stood there a bit shocked but smiled back at him. "Chef, a nice surprise to see you here." She said and he grinned. "Ahhh but of course I would come, me and my Sou Chef are preparing a healthy lunch, so don't you worry bout a thing." He promised.

Caliope chuckled and sat on a chair watching him work his magic, moments later Amra walked in and stood next to her. "Hello Chef, thank you for joining us." He said and in return, Chef Remesch bowed his head with a smile. Tiam walked in and smiled shily, he was always the quiet one, and Caliope felt a special kind of connection with him.

"Did the smell of yummy food pulled you?" Caliope asked smiling.

Tiam shook his head and sighed a little. "I am tired of watching the different news network, my brother though, enjoys it. The food does smell delicious, no surprise from such an acclaimed Chef." He said in his usual soft voice and Chef Remesch laughed.

Later in the afternoon, Elaine was sitting in the living room with a notebook on a side, a phone on one hand and a cell phone on hold just at her side. Pronab was assisting her as Vanessa kept staring at the tv. Caliope sat next to her and took a hold of her hand, drawing her attention.

"How are you? besides this... crazy news. How are you and Pronab doing? We haven't talk much about it and I know you both have became close. Have you thought about what is happening?" Caliope took her by surprise, and Vanessa blushed, looking towards him on the desk while he was on the phone before returning to her.

"We are going slow, I think I am falling in love with him and it is a little scary. I mean... " She sighed and Caliope smiled at her, squeezing her hand. "I guess you know what I mean. The feelings are so strong. I feel different with him, he brings out a part of me I didn't even knew I had." She continued and looked again towards him, making sure he was busy before she went on. "We haven't even been intimate!" she whispered surprised of her own words.

Caliope giggled and held her friend in a tight hug, the joy in her heart became just enough to keep her both distracted. "It is not easy, but is the best ride you will ever have. Go for it Nessa, it will be fine as long as you remember to follow your heart. I did, and I am the happiest I ever dream to be." She said while squeezing her hand. Vanessa blushed but nodded, she knew well her friend's advice came from experience and she bowed to follow it.

The main door opened and Maxwell came in followed by Magna; Elaine grinned and stood up immediately. "Finally... I could really use some help here." Were here words and Magna smiled and nodded, both of them exchanging a look that perhaps only them understood.

As Magna walked in closer, she stopped mid way and locked eyes in Caliope, who in return smiled and waved a hand. But Magna's face was stone cold, she even gave a step back and hesitated to continue. This brought immediate attention from Elaine who turned around and walked towards Magna. "What is wrong?" she asked.

Amra walked in and frowned at Magna's presence, he stood in front of Caliope with a menacing look. "You better watch what you do to her." He threatened her as Magna gave him a brief look then returned her gaze to Caliope, who was now standing and peeking from Amra's side.

"Ok, let's calm down please. Elaine, care to calm your assistant please? then perhaps she can explain the meaning behind her reaction." Maxwell intervened before anyone else started to talk. Elaine nodded and put both hands on Magna's shoulders, bringing her attention to her. Caliope pulled Amra's arm and made him turn around to look at her.

"There must be a reason behind her reaction, a good one. Calm down please?" She begged him and he closed his eyes sighing.

Minutes later Elaine brought the attention of all as she cleared her throat. Amra remained vigilant, one step ahead of Caliope protectively. Pronab was standing next to Vanessa not far behind.

"It seems that Magna's dark nature caught her out of guard. Even though I kept her informed of how things were developing in general, some things are quite different face to face. Magna?" Elaine encouraged her to speak.

"My apologies Caliope, I was caught a little off guard. One of my abilities has been to see different versions of Angels, from either side. Their faces don't change but their looks do; reflecting their personality. When I walked in I saw you glowing softly with a dark matter covering you, liquid black gold embracing your body, and one single featherly wing at a side. It shocked me, it was a vision I never expected to witness." Magna finished, a little embarrassment in her eyes to what she was revealing of herself. Caliope's eyes widened at Magna's revelation, she squeezed Amra's arm and he put his arm around her.

"I think Magna is looking at a possible side of her. Should we be afraid of your visions?" Amra asked as he looked directly in her eyes, and for the first time Magna showed some fear at him. She shook her head and kept quiet.

Elaine took a look at them both before sighing. "She will be fine, she was just taken by surprise. Now let's all calm down and please remember the bad guys are on the tv now, literally, so let's not try to find them in here."

Amra nodded and turned around to pull Caliope with him on the couch, they both sat quietly, and Pronab shook his head before he joined the couch with Vanessa at his side.

'We will need to talk to Elaine, alone, later my love. It is time to let her know the latest advances and changes you have been experiencing.' Amra whispered in Caliope's head, she tilted her head aside and looked at him nodding. She wasn't afraid of sharing information with Elaine, she was afraid of what had been happening to her, surprise and confusion mixed in there as well.

The afternoon approached and Elaine was preparing to leave, she was going to meet some news reporters on a conference room at the airport. She was taking Maxwell and the Mengs with her, Gabrielle, Pronab and Vanessa to keep company at Amra and Caliope. There was tension and expectation all around, they were preparing for what it would be the most decisive time in their Earth's history.

"After the broadcast is done, we will rush back here and start a conference with the remaining Generals that will be arriving in the next couple of hours. Not much else can be planned, we will react according to what develops. We have made several contingency plans and prepared for them all, but in the end, very few can foresee what will really happen. Amra, we will need you for that." Elaine said as she looked at everyone before leaving. Amra gave a simple nod in response.

Elaine looked at them all from the elevator door, she smiled and waved. "Next time we see each other, things will be so different. Be sure to watch the tv, would you?" She grinned and let the doors close, a silence left behind them. Amra grabbed Caliope's hand and took it up to his lips, kissing it softly. "Do you want to rest before everything starts?" He asked her softly.

She looked up at him and sighed, shaking her head. "I don't think I will be able to rest even if I was human, this situation is life changing, it will be the beginning of the end." Amra pulled her into his arms and she just let him, taking deep breaths as her own words echoed in her mind.

The environment was tense, Amra sat on the living room as he let the latest news flash in front of him; 4 tv screens were now facing him, each split in half showing the 8 most influential news channels worldwide. Pronab was explaining to Vanessa what was going to happen, at least what he thought it might happen. Caliope walked to Magna while she carefully watched her moves, she didn't want to alarm Magna, but it was obvious the old woman saw more in her than any other did. "Magna... can I help with anything?" She asked, and it took her by surprise.

"Help? at this point, no. Things are set in motion. We just have to wait." The old woman said.

Caliope just nodded and looked towards the window. "I wish I knew what to do, I feel helpless."

"You? helpless? Far from it. You are too powerful to think of yourself as helpless." Magna replied and Caliope looked at her a little shocked.

"Magna, I have an idea of what you think you see in me, and I am very curious as to know what I really am... but one thing I know for sure, is the side I am with. I hope you, who has sided the good ones, and who was born being on the other side like Pronab, can be capable to understand the power behind one's choices. Since you yourself, have made one as well." Caliope said to her and it did its effect, Magna lowered her gaze and nodded.

"It might take me a while to get used to it." She admitted, to which Caliope smiled.

"Taking time to adjust is something I am mastering, so don't worry. Now lets just focus on beating the bad guys." Caliope said to her and she smiled with a nod in return.

"It is about to start." Amra said from the living room and Caliope rushed to his side. Pronab and Vanessa now watching the several reporters introducing new updates on the story while Chef Remesch and Magna were joining them as well. Amra pulled Caliope in his arms and she sat on his lap, unable to detach her eyes from the different screens.

"So as we promised you half hour ago, we have a huge announcement to make, in reference to the current world wide phenomenon of sightings. We have our news correspondents on a secret location with what promise to be the biggest revelation in history, so viewers, let's get into it. Connor, we are live and going to you my friend, what do you have?" A news reporter said and the camera changed to what looked like a busy meeting room with several other cameramen and reporters talking in different languages.

The person who responded to the name of Connor was now explaining the situation. "Thank you Garth, as you said it yourself, this promise to be of epic proportions. A small introduction to our viewers while people are preparing for the announcement here; about 10 hours ago we all had calls from an anonymous source claiming to know about the sightings and the promising to explain that and more in a live broadcast. Now you see, we usually don't take this things serious but we all got a plain ticket and a meeting point in less than 10 minutes after, and after we corroborated with other news networks, the same was done to all of them. For someone trying to joke or make a bogus story, it was a lot of money thrown on the tickets alone already, so we started to investigate about our destination and you would not believe were we are. We were asked not to reveal yet our location until the end of the announcement but you will be blown away when you see it. We are in a conference room at an airport, we have fellow reporters here from different countries and they all got here same way we did. We were told that... wait a moment, they are going out now, it looks like it is about to begin." The reporter said and turned towards there are were the cameramen was now aiming. A small stage with three chairs, and the Meng twins came out of the back stage followed by Elaine, Maxwell, Wiltshire and Falshore not far on a corner watching close.

There was a fuzz while all tried to rush to a seat and the cameramen tried to find the best aim to them. Elaine smiled waiting for all to settle and as they did, she waited a few more seconds until there was enough silence. She looked confident, fierce. Caliope took a deep breath, this was it.

--

Chapter 56

"The Illuminated Ones"

"Now, does anyone have questions?" Elaine said as the conference room was left in silence. It was one of the most unique and rare sights on television; not only the revelation of angels being real, but also journalists left without words.

Pronab's phone rang and he quickly picked it up. "Yes?"

Vanessa was still shocked as she stared at the screen and saw Elaine's flaming wings. It was af she was set on fire but never burning. Caliope was also shocked to see those wings for the first time, on live tv.

"Let them a little longer on the conference room and we will be down soon." Pronab finished as he cut the call. He then turned his attention to Gabrielle. "The Illuminated ones were watching all from the conference room as Elaine suggested, I think we should go clear some doubts before they panic."

Gabrielle nodded. "We might need Amra and Caliope as well." She mentioned as she looked at both of them.

"Lets all go down together. Elaine will join us once she arrives." Amra stated and took Caliope's hand. They all moved towards the same place where their big meeting took place before, this time they were going to face those who were chosen to be on their side and prepare the world.

As they open the door, the large number of people with cloaks focused their eyes on them. There was fuzzing and chatter but soon it died when Amra and Caliope walked first towards the center, followed by Pronab, Vanessa, Gabrielle and Magna. Chef Remesch stood at the door guarding.

"Who are you? what is going on?" A male voice started asking with an angry tone, Caliope stared at him with disbelief. "After what you saw on the tv, you still don't believe?"

The man stared back at her and frowned. "We have been in here for hours, how do we know you are not lying? or if that was just a movie?"

Caliope frowned even more and Amra pulled her gently into his arms before he whispered. 'Let it go love, they, just like everyone else, are having troubles to believe. We've let them in the dark too long, we promised them truth and we failed at giving them just that before we told the world. It was in part our fault.'

Caliope closed her eyes and sighed. She heard Pronab take the lead. "Welcome everyone, and we are sorry for the way things have evolved. I will make things pretty simple for you, so please take a deep breath and sit down, you will need it."

Amra sat down and got Caliope to sit next to him. They both locked their eyes on Pronab. Vanessa was now sitting next to Caliope and watching Gabrielle join Pronab for what they were about to share.

"First of all, everything you saw on the tv was true." Gabrielle began and the room burst into chatter, whispers and objections. Pronab grunted and raised his voice. "We are not going to held a freak show for your entertainment, you will shut up and listen before it is too late. Time is running against us." The warning did its effect and people became quiet, only whispers survived at just a few spots.

"We have failed you in keeping you updated and in constant communication with us, but most of this has been due to us wanting to affect as little as we could in your life. Our enemy has taken big risks into stepping out of the shadows and this had made everything blown out of proportion."

Caliope listened Pronab's words and saw the faces of every member in the room, they were a mix of disbelief and surprise. She felt helpless at first, but suddenly an idea occurred her and she started to ponder about it quickly.

"We owe you a long and detailed explanation, of who we are, what we are, how things work..." Gabrielle continued. Caliope squeezed Amra's hand and smiled at him, bringing his attention to her.

"I have an idea... Maybe I can help them understand." She whispered to him and he nodded.

'That is a good idea... you were once like them.' Amra replied in her head, and just a second later, Gabrielle stopped talking, both her and Pronab now looking at Caliope.

She blushed but took a deep breath and stood up. Now she was the center of everyone's eyes. "Hello everyone... My name is Caliope, and I was once human..." She paused and the entire room went mute. She felt goosebumps on her skin as she met their eyes. Then she continued. "Let me tell you that it is much easier if you set yourselves to believe rather than find objections or plot holes... Our father, God, is so great and wonderful, he created everything you see, including yourselves, out of love and passion. Like a father he watches over us. I won't tell you fairy tales, I will be honest with you, is not really that easy to cope with all of what is out there and you thought impossible, but then, you already know nothing in this life comes easy." She paused again, realizing she was perhaps ranting without aiming to a specific subject. She was letting her nervousness take over and so she shook her head and took a deep breath before she continued once more.

"So let's say you believe, ok? For the sake of it... Now let me explain to you all what you will face outside from now on, and that is several types of people and angels, from dark angels, good angels, fallen angels, and more. From now on everything outside these city walls will be different; you will now see the dark angels interact openly with humans, they won't hide their influence and power with you... and trust me, they are so powerful..." She started to walk from side to side and felt their eyes move with her.

"Each angel or dark angel has a gift, an ability that they can use it for either good or bad. They will be less afraid to use those powers against you for now, but you have to be ready. Some of them can manipulate objects, some of them can control minds, persuade, influence... they are manipulatives by nature, and won't hesitate to do something or react against you..."