The Balance Ch. 01-05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Abiron walked into the worship area of the temple. He had liked it, even as a child. The lines were clean and pure, with no unnecessary adornment. Those who came here knew who they worshiped, and did not need to be reminded.

He looked around. Some changes had been made from the morning. Flowers in vases lined the aisle. There weren't many this time of year, but he smiled as he saw Autumn's Rose and Evening Lily. Their yellow and white blooms were lovely.

Appropriate for tonight.

His belly clenched again at the thought. He had grown up with animals, knew what took place between male and female. But the idea still froze him with terror, mixed disturbingly with desire.

He knelt before the small altar that was all he and his mother had ever needed. He closed his eyes and tried to calm his mind. Sweet Deity, help me, he prayed. What do I do? How do I do it? What if...what if I can't do it? What if I fail?

"Relax."

Abiron's head spun around. Standing next to him as he knelt was a child, perhaps six years old. She wore a pink dress and there were white ribbons in her hair. Her hair was dark, and she seemed to be holding a rag dolly.

He opened his mouth, "Uh..."

"First rule: You don't get to ask who I am."

His eyes narrowed, "Deity?"

"Very good. You win a prize." The girl hugged him around the neck and kissed his cheek. Her hands were rather sticky, he noticed.

"Why this form?"

"Because I want you to relax, and everybody loves little girls. Everyone worth loving, at least. I know that you are nervous about tonight, but if you think too much more about it, you are going to explode," she glanced at his groin. "I am not sure which bit will explode, either."

Abiron sputtered, but could not find anything worthwhile to say. Not that it would have mattered, for the Lass went on as if he hadn't spoken at all, "You need to relax, Abiron. This has come as a shock, I know. But you can't build it up to be bigger than it is. You are more scared than a novice priest performing his first rite. It is very simple and very easy."

"Easy? You think this is easy? I am being asked...No, I am being commanded, by a divine being, no less, commanded to take my mother as my lover and to impregnate her. To sire my child on her. And what does the divine being say? She, incarnating as a six year-old..."

"Seven."

"Incarnating as a seven year-old, my apologies, my Lady, with a rag dolly no less, she says that this is going to be easy!"

"Second rule: No panicking," the Deity sighed and looked at him. "Abiron, it is easy. Loving someone is always easy. You did it as a child when your mother held you close. Your mother loved you before you were born. You love me when you say the rites and you love this land when you look at it every morning. Your capacity for love is endless. What you are going to do this night is only another aspect of that love you hold for your mother, just as this physical form is another aspect of the love I bear for everyone in this land," Her nose wrinkled. "Even the stinky ones. If some people see their Deity as a seven year-old girl with a rag dolly and sticky hands and grubby knees and a silly dress and ribbons in her hair, that is fine, because they are still loving Me. Gods need to be loved."

"And so does my mother."

The Lass smiled. "Well done. Your mother is an extraordinary woman, Abiron. Someday I think you will realize just how extraordinary. She needs physical love as much as a tree needs sunlight, and she has kept herself chaste and celibate for sixteen years, making do with the kisses of a small child and the hugs of an adolescent. She knew that to seek out gratification for her own sake would endanger you, since she would have to bring a stranger here or risk taking you out into the world. She did neither. And kept you safe. But now the time has come, the dam is breaking, and her needs will not be given second priority any more."

"But..."

"But what? I will only allow one 'but' tonight."

"But I don't know what to do!!"

The Deity smiled, "Abiron, your mother-priestess taught you long division in less than a week. She is a good teacher. You are an excellent student. And this is much easier than long division. More fun, though."

She vanished.

Chapter 5

Following his contemplation period, which to his mind had consisted less of contemplation and more of haranguing by a small girl, Abiron went back to his room. It was nearly the eleventh hour and it was time for him to make ready.

Funny, he thought after bathing, I don't recall wearing these before.

He hadn't. The clothes that were laying out for him were exquisite, expensive stuff that he had never seen before. The trousers were made of golden calfskin, pleasantly soft on his legs, framing the muscles of his calves and thighs, belted with black leather. There was a soft undertunic of white linen, over which went a jacket of red velvet, open at the chest. Soft boots made of black leather completed the outfit.

He dressed and admired himself in the mirror. If you are going to bed a High Priestess, you might as well look the part.

Ariana was waiting for him in the dining room. The table was laid and the food was ready.

"Mother!" he said, "Don't tell me that you have been cooking all this time!"

"Indeed I have not, my son. This is a gift of the Deity. It seems that He does not think that I am capable of cooking this evening. My thoughts may have been occupied with something else and would have ruined the meal."

Abiron laughed, "Well, I thank Her for it," he sat down across from his mother. After the blessing, they both ate with a will. Abiron was surprised. He had thought that the turmoil in his stomach would have ruined his appetite, but a state of calm had descended on him since his last conversation with the Deity. There was hot ham, cold greens, a dish of potatoes garnished with onions, sweet peas with garlic, and a desert of grapes and strawberries. They both ate heartily, washing down the excellent food with cold, clear water from the well.

"No wine, mother?" he teased.

"You don't like it, as you have told me often enough, and I am not going to go into this night with a fuzzy head. This is one of the happiest nights of my life, and I will not have the memory muddled by an excess of wine."

Abiron looked at her. She did look happy, as joyful as he had ever seen her, her eyes sparkling with it and her red lips curled in a smile that was just short of an un-priestess-like grin. She was wearing a dress that matched his clothing. On first glance, it seemed severely white, but then the eye was drawn to hints of red at the bodice, golden piping at the hem and on the sleeves, and black fabric that emphasized the smallness of her waist.

"The clothes? Were those a gift of the Deity as well?"

"Indeed. Even if I were able to make clothes so fine, there was no way to know when this day would come and what size you would be." She ran a finger down his sleeve. "This suits you most well, my dear."

"Thank you mother. You look splendid as well."

The meal drew to a close. Abiron popped a last grape into his mouth and sighed. "I don't look forward to cleaning up."

Ariana looked scandalized. "There will be no cleaning up tonight!"

"And are we supposed to leave this until tomorrow morning? Who taught me that every task should be done right away, so our free time would not be ruined by nagging thoughts of jobs left undone?"

"I did, and don't forget it. But the Deity has given us license to leave these tasks undone tonight. He will take care of all. The time has come, my son. Let us go to the temple."

It is time. It is time. It is time. Ariana chanted joyfully in her head as they walked to the temple. Her unshod feet whispered on the stone, the sound matching Abiron's slow, firm footfalls. The heat of his fingers, enlaced with hers, stirred her to a fever pitch. No more celibacy. No more waking up in a cold bed. Oh, dear Deity, let me make it through the next few moments, and I will be grateful to you forever.

The bodice was almost uncomfortable on her breasts. The fit was right, but she could feel them swelling slightly as the spirit of the Wanton rose up inside her. Fortunately it has been cut low, so that as they swelled they had room to grow. She had not been able to bear the thought of putting on her small-clothes at all. Her bare thighs rubbed together, setting up a delicious friction within her core. She could see Abiron glancing down at her. With a tiny smile, she raised her head slightly and arched her back, giving him a better look at her cleavage.

"What is the rite, mother-priestess?" he asked.

"A moment, my son. All will be clear in a moment." And after that, a lifetime of pleasure to make up for an eternity of torment.

They entered the worship area. Hand in hand, they walked down the aisle. There was someone standing at the altar.

"Hello, my dears." To Abiron's eyes, the Deity manifested as an old woman in a white robe. Her hair was long and white, and her face was lined with happiness. To Ariana, the Graybeard appeared, with twinkling eyes and hands that existed to give out sweets and coins to good little girls.

"Are you ready, children?"

"Yes."

"Err..yes."

"Ariana, daughter of Persephone and Aethon, do you take Abiron, son of your loins and of your father Aethon, to be your husband, and to love him as long as you shall live?"

"WHAT?!?!"

"I do."

"Abiron, son of Ariana and Aethon, do you take your mother, Ariana, daughter of Persephone and Aethon, to be your wife, and to love her as long as you shall live?"

"WHAT!?!WAIT! What is going on?!"

The Deity smiled at Ariana, "I knew this would be tricky," He addressed Abiron. "You are going to marry her, son. Just as she married her father and mother in a ceremony in this temple nineteen years ago."

"Wait. You married them both?"

"Of course, Abiron. That is how it works," said Ariana, "That is how the balance is maintained. Marriage puts all partners on an equal footing."

"So let's get on with it, My back is starting to hurt," said the Deity. "Abiron, son of Ariana and Aethon, do you take your mother Ariana to be your wife, and to love her as long as you shall live?" She leaned a bit closer to him, "You're going to do it, son. Might as well say 'I do' now."

Abiron blinked. He took a deep breath, then half-released it, just as if he was on the archery range. He looked at his mother, with love and desire mingled in her eyes. He looked at the Deity, looking at him with love and pride. He swallowed though his dry throat.

"I do."

The Deity smiled, "Well done. Abiron and Ariana, I now pronounce you husband and wife. May your union be joyous and fruitful. Ariana, you may kiss the groom."

Ariana's eyes smoldered as she looked at her son, now her husband. She took a half step towards him. She raised her hands and placed them on his cheeks. Her body seemed to flow up to his. She raised her head, pulled his down, and kissed him gently on the mouth. A soft moan escaped her and her mouth opened, her tongue licking his lips.

"Enough for now, Ariana," The Deity's voice was gentle. "We have one thing left to do."

"Forgive me, my Lord,"she said. "I almost forgot."

"Understandable. Abiron, do you have the necklace that you were given when you were made my priest?"

"Of course, my Lady."

"Take it off, please, and give it to me."

Confused by the request, Abiron did as the Deity asked. His mother's kiss had set him on fire. She had kissed him with her tongue! What else was in store for him this night?

"And here it is back again, my lad. Put it on, will you?"

With shaking hands, he re-did the clasp and looked down at the necklace. It was not the silver necklace of a priest of the Deity. It was the gold necklace of a High Priest!

"Ariana and Abiron, you are now High Priestess and High Priest. All of my followers throughout this land can be called upon to give you aid, should you require it. May you lead them wisely and well." The Deity threw a wink at Abiron. "Balance, you know."