All Comments on 'The Ballad of a Drifter'

by BrainVamp

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
HurbsterHurbsteralmost 10 years ago

Pretty abrupt change of mind at the end there. Also you could do with running it through a spell checker.

BrainVampBrainVampalmost 10 years agoAuthor

Hope you liked it none the less.

The idea behind the change of mind is that despite his general attitude towards the vampires he feels he has sort of a connection with the girl, furthermore his attitude has driven him to actually kill the two persons on earth that he cared most, there is also the fact that the vampire have jedi mind tricks, and the end is self explanatory, by taking the girl as his wife he regains all he has lost.

Concerning the spelling, terribly sorry, I'm not a native speaker and sometimes I end up using a word for another, but I did run the story through a spell check (word2010). So it must be typos.

Anyway thanks for the comment, it´s always highly appreciated.

BGunnsBGunnsalmost 10 years ago
Very good story.

I'm not sure if your British or American,but your tenses seem to be constantly interchanging.If English is not your natural born language,then this is totally understandable. Also,a few times you used the term "wedding" when "marriage' would have been more appropriate. All-in-All,I liked it.Keep writing(hopefully longer stories),and good luck.-BGunns

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Well Written

I agree with with BrainVamp, it made sense to me. The girl could have killed him, or turned him at several times in the story. She had enough humanity left that she told him to run when she visited him in the motel, he only remembered in his dream. She knew they'd kill him. At the same time she wanted him to be with her, so she tied him to her with the innocent victim. Quite Contrary that girl.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous