All Comments on 'The Bar and Grill Pt. 03'

by Rehnquist

Sort by:
  • 104 Comments
incestor007incestor007over 13 years ago
liked it

Thanx for not waiting for huge number of comments before submitting next, and also great submission

Average_WriterAverage_Writerover 13 years ago
Very, very good read.

Once again thanks for the story. I do feel a little sad for Nina but I am glad you had the husband staying strong. I hope things work out for her. And if Nicole and Tim just happen to live happily ever after then to me that would be a good thing. Thanks again.

curioussscuriousssover 13 years ago
Good continuation

It seems he’s got himself new gonads in addition to feeling better about himself in general. It’s what I would have wished for him. Maybe Nicole is for him – who knows what other surprises are in store.

Regarding Randy the asshole – I’m sure I’m not alone in wondering whether he killed Alistair senior so he could get Nicole – as portrayed he sounds capable of being such a sociopathic stalker. It’s to be hoped he gets something really nasty happening to him, whether it’s jail time or worse.

I feel sorry for Nina, strangely enough, although not sorry enough for Tim to take her back. She has jumped all over to get what she thought she wanted but in the process screwed up two marriages and two little girls. I guess she’ll have to grow up at long last and look at herself from others’ point of view. Also really to think about what commitment within a relationship should be about.

I’m enjoying this and look forward to the finale.

Thanks R.

ohioohioover 13 years ago
Still really great!

Enjoying every bit of it!

Thanks, ohio

grunabonagrunabonaover 13 years ago
*****

Five, again, although I'm reserving comments about certain aspects of the story involving the murder, Randy, etc.

peteinchicagopeteinchicagoover 13 years ago
Great Story

as is to be expected from you. I have to admit I've been checking almost daily to see if the next chapter has posted. Randy maybe could have been softened up a little more, anything bad that happens to him would be just fine. I can't really say I feel to sorry for Nina, hate to see someone so sad, but hell, she didn't worry about anyone else when she wanted something. Karma can suck. So maybe I also feel somewhat bad for her, but god, you wanta stay away from people like her in real life! Great story as always, looking forward to see where you go with it.

obtusemanobtusemanover 13 years ago
Rehnquist- excellent job! DQS has raised the bar; but, you've met the challenge.

Fantastic piece with rich characters. Thanks...

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 13 years ago
What! Only one more chapter?

This is a good story, and the characters are well fleshed

out. I enjoyed reading the showdown with Nina. The drawing out of Nicole character by events was well done. I'm only upset that there is only going to be one more chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great series!

thank you!

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 13 years ago
Thank you again...

Each chapter seems to carry my interest towards the next chapter, stronger and more interested in the outcomes than before. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

What a fantastic writer you are! All through the narrative I had been thinking of Nina as the villain of the piece, then comes the scene where she comes to visit Tim as he is wrapping the presents on Christmas morning. She tries to explain to him why she decided to leave him and go back to her first husband, and some of her reasons seem quite plausible. Then Tim turns her down, which I was on the whole very pleased about, but at the same time I was starting to feel sorry for her ,too. Rejected, she starts to leave, but then says to him and says "Merry Christmas," which is such a poignant moment. I thought this was a great touch - a lesser writer would have taken the easier path of demonising her to contrast with the 100% good guys in the story, but I was so impressed that you made me feel sympathy for Nina at the same time as I was fervently hoping that Tim would manage to resist her blandishments. I have enjoyed all your stories, but this one is exceptional. Thank you very much - I'm really looking forward to the last part and I have full confidence that you won't let me or your many readers down.

brujaybrujayover 13 years ago
Great Story but.......

I hope I'm completely off base but you seem to have telegraphed too many obvious plot connections. Everything is coming together too cleanly. For the readers' sake, stretch this story out for a few more chapters. Go ahead. You know you want to...........please?

All kidding aside, thank you for writing such an entertaining story.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 13 years ago
So the new sheriff is faster

on the draw than Q! These chapters are flowing off The Chief's keyboard. But the Steele Man understands the value of tantalizing his fans, of drawing out the pleasure and making them eager and anxious. If The Chief Justice wants to become a true comment whore, he has to learn patience. Learn from the master of comments, The Man of Steele. Get HIV and Big Shoe arguing about what some big titted woman might have said, and why she said it. Watch the comments fly as readers interpret and insult and all the time await another fix. Perhaps, Chief, you need more big titted women in your stories! You can never have too many!

This chapter was a pleasure. The part that really struck me? I felt like I knew the three guys that grabbed the jerk that was bothering Nicole. In my part of the woods, a man does not publicly insult or harm a woman, especially if she is alone. Those guys and their actions rang true to me, and the extra certificate to the guy that smacked the jerk in the gut was great, and added a very human touch.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 13 years ago
Well written and edited

A very smooth writing style that makes the story flow so well.

I still enjoy the concept of the storyline and the way that it has been presented with a skillful writing technique along with the author's ability to be a good storyteller.

I'm going to miss this series after it has been told to it's finish

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
More please

I laughed out loud at Lonnie's quip. This is a fun story. Thanks.

Rob ConnerRob Connerover 13 years ago
One of the BEST!

This is one of the best stories I've read in a long time! Keep going! It's good stuff!

zinger6zinger6over 13 years ago
More?

This is a great story, and I hope that this diversion from your admitted style of writing will be repeated. Again, great story, it's nice when a good guy wins one.

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Truly Impressive Work

Strangely enough, halfway down the first page of this chapter I was seriously thinking about complaining about it being too drawn out and almost boring. Then Jenny started analyzing the boys and things got interesting. Then Nicole moved on center stage. Afterwards his ex-wife diverted our attention and finally Randy exploded on us, and I am looking forward to the next chapter, and even a little sad that it will be the last one!

JennyBearJennyBearover 13 years ago
Hmmmm

HDK, do I detect a tinge of jealousy in your comment? Although written in jest, there is a certain amount of truth in your remark. However, you failed to note there is no big dicked transgressor involved.

patricia51patricia51over 13 years ago
Goes Down Smooth

Like a good scotch, mellow but with a smokey bite to it that leaves you smiling. What a marvelous chapter to a marvelous story.

mrpmarlowemrpmarloweover 13 years ago
I can't wait

I am glad you have the end written cause I can't wait to read it. Great story and plot. Thanks

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteover 13 years ago
Have tried to comment a couple times but....

....have been too busy trying out some new recipes I got off this internet story site. Professional writing job again (I saw only one missed "typo"- in part two, re; knights and who they put first)-just that fact alone deserves thanks for the effort. Am glad you got back to Nina for a bit, it deserved that and after all, it is the trauma/drama that makes these stories intriguing. This level of conflict in relationships seems very realistic therefore the real intrigue here is the quality of writing. Apparently though you've never heard of a recipe for smoked lobster or Tim would be cleaning house with it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Tim remains a very weak and emotionally stunted character

Again and again we read how weak and child like Tim is in his relationships. As much as I hate to say it I am beginning to see Harry's point. Tim is really annoying and there is this in. congruity between Tim as a man and Tim as professional

cpetecpeteover 13 years ago
not realistic

Rehnquist you really screwed up badly in the scene when Nina comes to the house on Christmas. In real life he would have been very happy to see Nina. Given the time they spent together, when Nina came thru the door he should have been excited and rushed right up to Nina. Even though it had been months since he had been with Nina-you know he would be trying to smother Nina's face with wet kisses (No not Tim)-I mean Ernie the dog-LOL!

Concerning Tim-well when Nina asked if Tim missed her & the girls-Tim could have responded "..with every bullet" or "..how can I miss you-you have not left yet!"

Nice writing-thanks for the fine tale

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim had exactly right answer for each question. Very well written and entertaining, loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
great dude

keep it up

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
excellent chapter

and also very entertaining comment by cpete

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I'm a Believer

Excellent story, and very well written. I know someone much like Tim and I can see him in your characterization. Can't wait for the next installment.

Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

jasonnhjasonnhover 13 years ago
Another very solid chapter

This continues to be a great story. We now know what's up with Nicole. My guess is Randy killed her husband. We'll find out soon. I loved the dialog with his ex. It was just about perfect. His nature is to be the Knight in Shining Armor, even for his ex. He was internally aware of this but kept his conversation very focused. It was funny that she repeatedly said how life was so good and he pointed out that it really wasn't. Whatever good existed was only because of what he did. He stuck to his guns and dismissed her. This was a wonderful success for him. There isn't much worse than pouring your heart and soul into someone and not receiving anything in return. I was afraid he was going to wimp out but he didn't. Neither did he go nuts or drop into a depression. He just moved on. Now he is building a relationship with Nicole. Jenny was right about their relationship. He has become Nicole's Knight and my guess is that she is about to show that she appreciates him greatly. Beyond all the great plot the words and scenes just seem to flow across the page. It is very smooth reading.

size14shoesize14shoeover 13 years ago
Repeat cpete!

Now that was funny! ****** This should come as now surprise to some, but I thought the handling of Nina was terrific. No need to hate someone who's life is fucked up. It's easy to see why and how she wanted to make it with her first husband and the father of her children. No, she didn't handle it well but Renquist handled her explanation perfectly. ******* I like that Tim is so human with all the frailties and weaknesses he has. He's a good man. The knight conversation certainly is food for thought.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
excellent dude

did you post Ch4, or we need to wait?

seriously just cant wait

incestor007incestor007over 13 years ago
keep it up

and comment are funny too, cpete and HDK, they are also my fav authors. you just wrote a story which we like and dont want to end, there are many stories going on which are high rated because we want to see the damn end, but authors using that against readers, to collect comment. I cant wait for next chapter, but also dont want it to be ended, everything is too good, story told from one POV entirely which is a talent in itself, i always like single narrator stories, very few on lit can do that. I really really loved conversation b/w Tim and Nina, excellent it just could not be better, as hurt as she was he was not hard on her, and being not hard does not mean you have to go with whatever she says or want and compromise your own happiness, very few authors can write full conversation, both party having their say freely. In short just loved, and yes to get more comment you need to keep the end secret till very end and some more big-dick and big-boob, make boob bigger like watermelon, and dick like some building, yeah that will do it, you might be comment whore but not professional, but you are damn good writer, some of the dialogs like "Why do we need to get back together, when what we had was not that great" nail in coffin. keep it up and think before you end it.

HammerlaneHammerlaneover 13 years ago
Note to HDK

Dear Sir,

You do realize that the "chief's" influence on DQS1 could mean that in WWWM Chapter 97C (posted 11/10/2015) Bill will whip up something scrumptious for whatever female he is not seeing at the time? A whole chapter of cooking? Arrgh!

Another excellent chapter Mr. Rehnquist. Thank you.

Hammerlane

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
excellent

great read, looking forward to more

BriteaseBriteaseover 13 years ago
thanks renquist

I hope this story has a lot of chapters. Need I say more?

SupaSallySupaSallyover 13 years ago
This all rings so true

These characters all act and speak as credible real people, not cardboard cut-outs that stories on this site seem to usually use. Thank you.

I especially liked the Christmas morning confrontation. Tim has come through the fire of what Nina did to him as a stronger person, in a credible way. She still believes she's done nothing really wrong, all her mistakes were understable. She needs to grow up. Maybe we haven't heard the last of her.

A truly reformed and apologetic Nina might be a force to contend with.

Sally

zed0zed0over 13 years ago
I hate Red Peppers & John Wayne

Other than that this story is fucking fabulous. As a point of interest; in the movie McClintock, if you watch carefully, when John Wayne gets punched during the big fight scene it knocks his wig off.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Masterful piece of work.

Again you present a wonderful bit of plot and development. I can't help but agree with majority of the posters and say keep the chapters coming.

One thing that really surprized me is the amount of well known authors that I read that commented on your work.

I look forward to your new additions and future works.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Ditto

If you don't make your living by writing, you should. The story has humor, depth, ethics, plot, sexuality, an antagonist, and is headed toward an ending where love and morality triumph. I will now read your other material. Thanks.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 13 years ago
Ms. JennyBear

assumes that Randy is not overly well endowed. In the next chapter, as he is shot to ribbons by the good old boys, it will become obvious that he is another John Dillinger with a staff the size of a machine gun. In fact, he will be unarmed when shot to death simply because the locals think he has a sub-machine gun in his pocket!

RehnquistRehnquistover 13 years agoAuthor
Part 4 Should Be Up Today

I submitted parts 2, 3 and 4 on consecutive days. Since Part 2 came out Thursday and part 3 yesterday, then hopefully part 4 will be today.

Thanks to everyone for their incredibly gracious comments. Please read the intro to part 4 and you will see why they are so much appreciated.

Just a quick aside, and not to start any arguments, but the few negative comments on Tim have centered on him being so professional as a chef, but so weak everywhere else in his life. I urge you to go back and really read part 1, as I really set this up (I think) to be more consistent. Think about it, his professionalism as a chef is really centered only on his cooking. All other aspects of his business he lets other people run. Clara hires Nicole without running it by him first, Moe runs the bar part pretty much on his own. So no, he's used to being in the background.

Finally, thanks to the several readers who pointed out my mistake on describing the knight placing himself first in the conversation with Jenny. And speaking of Jenny, thanks to Jennybear for finally commenting on one of my stories, even if it was only to say something to HDK!

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Your are a first class AUTHOR

Extremely well written with brilliantly crafted characters. You really should do this professionally OR are you already and just using this nom de plumb ( that's french for pen name) so your publisher doesn't know your

Moonlighting ?! Lol

Mille fois merci

All the best from Montreal

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Not just your average writer....

I can't say it enough, you are by far one of the most talented writers on this site!!! No time to read the other comments today so I apologize if I am stating something that has already been discussed.

Love, love, love your stories and the attention to detail. Although I think you need to publish some of these recipes so that your fans can try them. My mouth is watering for a taste! I think I can see where you are going with this story but I am going to refrain from speculating because to me part of the joy of reading is turning the page and discovering what the author has to share like opening that special present on Christmas morning. I am looking forward to reading chapter 4 although I will be sad to see a wonderful story end!

My one and only complaint would be the aside about the pumpkin ice cream and ginger snaps. The aside interrupted the flow of the story. I would prefer that you leave the aside for the end of the chapter and make the comment there so the story continues to flow. I have no problem reading asides and I think they add to the story by giving us a glimpse of what the author is thinking; I just prefer them as footnotes. My mouth is watering for some pumpkin ice cream and ginger snaps!!!

I hope your next story is in the works and you aren't planning to take an extended vacation from writing after this blue ribbon story! Again no added pressure ;)

~S

rphinneyrphinneyover 13 years ago
Very Nice!!

Very nice story, and unusual for here, considering the usual stuff we see most of the time. Although, I can almost see already that Randy was the guy that killed Alistair-the-Husband. Hope that wasn't a spoiler or anything...

I do want to say that I think your writing has improved greatly since the first chapter, and it was pretty good then. I'll definitely be watching for other efforts from you.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 13 years ago
more STUNNING inept blatherings from size 14 shoe

size14shoe said to cpete...

No need to hate someone who's life is fucked up.

Um.... but that is NOT what happened Moron. She fucked up TIM's life as well.

I mean like you DO know how TIM is right? and Nina ?

It takes a special grasp on reality ...or rather Non reality ... to NOT see that she fuckd up TIM's life as well and that maybbe THAT is why TIM is in a bad place right now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Just "MAHVELOUS" !

This is one of those too rare stories that one can't wait for the next chapter but dreads that it will too soon be ended. In the past few years many of the really fine authors in this genre have gone. This has left a huge void that you are helping to fill; may your stay be lengthy and beneficial for all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Very good story so far.

I just hope Ted isn't a red shirt - that would be a bit to standard.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

food porn with the regular porn. awesome!

xtremeddxtremeddover 13 years ago
Exquisite Meal for the eyes, mind and palate. (taste buds)

I see said the blind.

thanks for sharing on Lit. ....ok.

x

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
wow....

great story.... great build up......

sanity_breachsanity_breachover 13 years ago

7:45 and still going strong. Figured out why I am liking this story so much. With the exception off the cooking skills, I can see myself in this guy. Its like you took a part of me and wrote a story around it. Conceited? Probably. But its keeping me hooked to this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Unexpected Twists and Turns - Typical Elements of A Rehnquist Tale!!!

Rehnquist :The Bar and Grill Pt. 03

This chapter has some unusual twists in it which is typical of a Rehnquist tale. Things that are unexpected yet are created and described as though they actually were taking place in front of you and you are an outside observer standing just a few feet away privy to all sights, sounds, and comments that occur within easily listening distance. Rehnquist also must have lived in a small town at some time because he has an in depth knowledge of how close members of the community are and depicts that closeness and camaraderie so well you actually feel you are experiencing it and are a part of that community while you are the reader.

Well known authors always commit themselves to hours and days of research when they write a novel so that they have a deep knowledge of the various critcial elements that form the basis of their next work. Rehnquist must either do that or have experienced each of the detailed backbones that his short shorts have as a common element throughout their core because he highlights these important elements and then continually touches on them throughout the story as a means to reinforce them In this story its his knowledge of small town USA and the interaction and closeness that folks have in these communities and he depicts this richly and vividly so that the readers feel that bond and closeness that is shared by all members of the community that they and others in like communities know and have in common, yet it is missing in big cities and the burbs and those readers though envious may feel it by reading this story.

Take care!

Simple_Me

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
The author is really good so I gave this Chapter 5 stars.

I am not concerned about Nina. She is a beautiful and that is why married her. As soon as she gives up on Tim she will find another to marry and take care of her and her children. As a beautiful woman all she needs to do is bat her eyes and guys will come running.

I hope Tim is not stupid enough to marry Nicole just because she is very pretty. She has too much baggage and much more baggage than just being a single mom. She moved in with a man that is abusive and even made excuses for staying. That means without any doubt that is the type of man she is attracted to and therefore bad news. And, even if she is not, she was psychologically damaged and Tim would be well advised to let another man have those problems.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Practice practice practice

I have read a number of Rehnquist stories and enjoyed them all. I like he progression and continuation of character's lives. The minor problem I find is that the quality of writing sets a high bar, one that Rehnquist fails to get over a number of times in all of the work and the reason is a lack of editing and rereading and proofing. The mistakes in themselves are small but because of the quality tend to stand out for me. So, again, no problem with the content, etc. but more attention to the craftsmanship. Sound like nits, yep, it is but think of a ballet dancer and you can see how these errors would stand out.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 13 years ago
It just gets better -

I was assuming we would see the asshole - I also assume he killed Alistair - but we will have to see - won't we lol.

bkdarkcambkdarkcamover 12 years ago
five stars

i gave chapter 5 stars. excellent story telling keep up the great work

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
gotta say

I'm really enjoying this series. You have probably the deepest characterization of anyone I read in the LW section. Good stuff

North

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Loved it

Very exciting storyline. Outstanding writing.

john68utjohn68utalmost 11 years ago
Loving Wive?

I really like your stories. Relationships grow, bad people get what's coming to them and at the end there is actually a loving wife.

Before reading your stories I thought this subject was just about cheating wives getting away with it and husbands just taking it. I just quit reading out of the loving wives stories until I clicked on one of yours by accident and wow I finally find a story with an actual loving wife.

Anyway I just wanted to say thanks for the stories.

Now get off your butt and write some more! :D

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A++++++

it could have had no sex in it,but kept you glued to it til you finished it!Now I'll raed the rest of your stories!I am hooked!

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumover 8 years ago
You fouled up a quote that's as old as the hills. Where have you been all your life?

You wrote it wrong as: Now that I know you a little better, I'm pretty sure I've hit the hammer on the head, right?"

The quote goes: Now that I know you a little better, I'm pretty sure I've hit the NAIL on the head, right?"

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumover 8 years ago
Better, More Forceful Wording

You wrote: "Intentions don't count. Actions count. And you ripped my heart out without a thought."

Would have had more impact if you'd written: "Intentions don't count. Actions count. And you ripped my heart out without hesitation... without a second fucking thought. The only thing that slowed you down was whether to tell me or just let me come home to an empty house, a note of apology saying something that boils down to, 'Fuck you, sucker. My old hubby and I are getting back together but thanks anyway. Sorry, Bye."

markranemarkraneover 8 years ago
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream?

OK, I'm picturing: "Quick aside, but you really need to close your eyes and just savor the thought of a spicy pumpkin ice cream with chunks of gingersnap crusts. Sounds really, really good, doesn't it? Trust me, it is."

You gotta recipe?

BTW, Great Story!

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Alistair

I bet Randy killed her husband.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Additional Thoughts

@cpete – It should be “How can I miss you when you won’t go away?”, LOL!

I have no sympathy for Nina, but I DO for her girls. They're going to be two REALLY messed up young ladies!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
re: Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream

@ markrane....The next time they have them, get to Dairy Queen for a Pumpkin Pie Blizzard. Probably not as goos as what is described, but they are really good. Vanilla ice cream, pumpkin pie filling, pumpkin pie seasoning, little ginger or vanilla snaps, and whipped cream. I figure I'm missing a couple things, but it is really good...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
5

to offset the fool Annony who reads all of these stories and then votes 1.

foolscapfoolscapalmost 8 years ago
@Anonymous "already knew" But did you know that

text in all caps is actually harder to read than text in both upper and lower case.

The reason is pretty interesting. All upper case (CAPITAL) letter with the exception of the letter I are visually the same shape and aspect ratio. In a block of text it is harder to discern what each letter is because the eye/brain is given fewer visual cues. Essentially the reader is presented with a collection of visual blocks that are pretty much the same.

Lowercase (small) letters provide more visual variety as to shape and give the eye/brain to more quickly discern differences between the letters and even words which make them easier to process. Negative space is more identifiable with lowercase letters which aids in letter/word recognition.

So, if you want to get our attention use boldface type or emojis (🤓 🤔 😡) for emphasis and to capture our interest. As it is now, you just look like a dufus.

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2almost 8 years ago
he is a

defuse! Also he's a fag. Dear annony sucks cocks and drinks cum. 5 to offset the asshole of LIT's 1

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Can we

just all agree Rehnquist is one of the most brilliant writers in this site and not trash his comments section with petty flame wars? Us anons will be anons, we'll eventually forget we commented on some story or argued with a user, others can't do anything about us. And to bonnietaylor, vantismith, or that anon that writes suspiciously similar like the users listed: you're making things worse by responding to us anons with vulgar and crude language. Calm your tits, be civil, just suck it all up, and maybe take out your poison on your page(s) and rage all you want.

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
It is nice to see good people taking care of each other

re: small town vs cities

You just have to cultivate your own community. There are people in small towns who are disliked and do not fit in. In big cities you can get lost in the crowd or craft a support village.

Love the story so far, looking forward to reading the next chapter.

CarnilliaCarnilliaalmost 8 years ago
Plot thickens

He have a saying in Spanish: "Small town, big hell". That's how it looks like. You are keeping it real and I like it, tho I think Nicole´s violent ex it was a bit too much. Story seems to be leading to be a soup opera and I hope you don't cross that line. Still interesting reading

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still five stars. Still love it. Of course, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the ex boyfriend killed hubby.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great Story

I'm giving this five stars because I read the entire story, and it should be judged as a whole rather than by the chapters.

One of the best!

SunloverSunloveralmost 6 years ago
Great story

Great story with excellent plot. Very well written and hard to put down. Loved it.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 5 years ago
Could care less

When someone says "could care less", it is not pejorative as the author probably intended. But if they say "couldn't care less" that's the pits, they have no caring whatsoever.

I've seen the former here dozens of times by this and other authors, when it was obvious they meant the latter. I wish they'd say what they mean.

There, I feel better now, but know it won't matter. This author is long gone and it is apparent new authors here don't read excellent stories like this one to learn how it should be done.

PilotshopPrincessPilotshopPrincessover 5 years ago
For the commenter that said “Randy” was too unbelievable

.... lucky you having never had a “randy”. I read it thinking Rehnquist read my plea for protective order against my first husband including suspicion of murder- tho no evidence was available to charge. If only protective orders worked in real life as they are intended, like in your story.

Haven’t put it down. Love the way you write. Can’t wait to see how it ends

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 5 years ago
Wow wow wow

3 woes and 5 stars.

flarebel2327flarebel2327over 5 years ago
order of protection

an order of protection isn't worth the paper it's written on. for morons like Randy . the average person who would obey 1 different story .the only real protection would be a 380 in her pocket. before someone gets out of joint traning on how to use it & a lot of range time.

GymShortsGymShortsover 4 years ago
It was Randy...

Who stabbed Alistar.. No, I haven't read ahead, just my take...

A nice sharp bowie knife across Randy' s throat while sitting there watching the house should do the trick.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
UGH!!!

A bit wordy and the conversation with "the Ex" a bit much!

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Randy

Nice set up for making Randy the murderer of Nicole's husband.

ohyessssssohyessssssover 3 years ago
Ok

You requested comments. I love the story. So much the better if it was easy to write. I love to cook and eat. So the information on the ingredients is interesting. Although, I’ve never heard of some othe ingredients though. Your characters are interesting and engaging. I must admit , I would not have answered the door to the ex. She was cold, let her freeze

ohyessssssohyessssssover 3 years ago
I forgot

I agree with The guy who said Randy killed Alistair. Obviously.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
When It Was First

Mentioned about the boyfriend abusing Nicole, followed by the revelation that her husband was murdered with no resolution there was no doubt in my mind who was going to be showing up. Just one punch? Should have been more gift certificates being passed out like confetti on a New York parade.

Since 'Singing In The Rain' was Nicole's favorite movie I wonder if she knew that Gene Kelly was running a 103* temperature when he performed that dance, other than the starting and stopping points he pretty much ad-libbed the whole scene.

I must be getting soft but I'm feeling some empathy for Nina, not that I'd take her back just that somehow she deserves better even though it's pretty much all her own fault. R just wrote her in a way I see her as something of a sympathetic person, much the same way Tim does. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Lol called it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
UGH!!!!

Have to admit, the story was basically good and had a hard time walking away from it, but Tim and his ex both need a psychiatrist!

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

Can't believe the ex actually expected him to take her back. Think she's got a merry-go-round brain. People like her should never have kids. Liked the action scene with the woman beater, he'll get his. Maybe he's the one that killed Nicole's husband, sounds like a real psychopath. More action I hope. Don't forget everyone there are real people out there like in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Jammer

I like the character Jammer. I'd be happy to hang out with him. But if you look at him objectively, he kind of is a pig. As long as women will give him everything he wants (and they do seem to in this story) I don't see him changing his ways.

RanDog025RanDog025almost 3 years ago

Very good story! I wish the author was still writing. another 5 stars!

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Second time story and still fun. Tim's just normal guy like the rest of us guys that do not have a clue how woman work, they should come with a warning and an instruction manual. Good story, keep writin'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Misspelled word

rap is evil

Crap is evil

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

too long, no sex. LOL very good story, thanks. onto next part

Cracker270Cracker270about 2 years ago

Enjoying this one very much. And rap is evil

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

👍 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

👍 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Still enjoying this series, a lot of rap to is useless noise with no good message, some is socially educational, some is enjoyable and entertaining (and funny and fun to dance to), you really need to filter through it for the good stuff, like many things in life.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good story, worthless ending. I’ll read the next part before writing more.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The pacing to lead up to the stories climax, as well as the varied and interesting journeys that this and other adventures are drawn with show such skill.

Kudos to the artistry of this author.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Love the story so far dont love the mudered husband, he was likely a great guy but it feels like Tim is going to be the backup to his partners first husband again.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous