All Comments on 'The Baseball Trip Pt. 09'

by Spector_Dugan

Sort by:
  • 57 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Yes

Need another road trip... for science and shit

James7594James7594over 6 years ago
Disappointed...

I guess after everything, I'm a bit disappointed how it ended...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
more!

god that last bit didnt have much in the way of sex but god do a 2nd road trip

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Grand Finale? Nope...

Normally the last chapter of a story feels like a finale or some sort of conclusion, this however feels like an apathetic attempt to bring the trip back to reality rather than any sort of closure. I guess it's a little too lifelike for my taste in the sense that even after amazing experiences, nothing has changed for anyone involved.

stattionstattionover 6 years ago
Awful ending

This series was awesome but let down by the crappiest ending imaginable. Very disappointed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Let down but hopeful.

The ending for this series seems rushed. If you were to include this all in one series (each roadtrip on its own is a set within the series) then this cliffhanger just needs a little help to really have us hooked. The Sarah call is great but we have no idea what its for.

Really enjoyed this series though, was checking everyday to see if there was a new chapter. Keep it up! :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Bummer

I was all excited for this ending. I have checked back daily for this series. This ending did nothing for this story. This was a big dissappointment.

MaximguyMaximguyover 6 years ago
I get it, but....

I’ve been on spring break trips a lot like this story. Magic trips that were amazing, maybe even more so because they were so bright they flamed out. I get coming back thinking things changed but they didn’t. I totally got this chapter being realistic.

However, the way this was written seems really rushed. Like there was no real plan for an ending at all. Which is sad because the other chapters were all amazing.

placeheldplaceheldover 6 years ago
Needed note at start

Ending was great and fit well with the story, but definitely needed to mention at the start to note that it was going to be non-sexual, to manage expectations.

Other than that, great series and I hope you write more (and find a proofreader for the little grammar stuff)!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I do not think of it as an ending

I think that you are setting up for another story hopefully as good as this one thank you for taking the time for writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What A Letdown

Almost seems like the author ran out of ideas and just let this peter out.

Crappy way to end an otherwise entertaining story.

Sad

v6urfv873gv6urfv873gover 6 years ago
Huge disappointment

The ending is actually ok up to the 6 months later part. But that makes zero sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Awful final chapter

The whole series was superb but what were you thinking with this final chapter? Seems like you just didn't have a clue on how to end it so you rushed something crap out. Saying this was a huge disappointment is putting it very mildly. This story deserved a much better ending and pretty much ruined the entire series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
How I Met Your Mother

Anyone that actually likes this ending thought How I Met Your Mother ended perfectly with it being all about Robin. But this ending was just as disappointing. A fantastic first 8 parts. Great characters, fun stories, hot sex, but this ending where it ends pathetically and our protagonist all alone...unacceptable. There's no debate that Kelsey and him weren't going to become an item, but the little minx would have definitely kept him around to play with. Julia and Ben's ending was the most accurate as the don't risk losing your best friend and roommate for a fling is too real. But Sarah...all of the buildup to them finally fucking...her being the one to get into the shower and blowing him...she changed dramatically on this trip and having her go back to her bf at the end was extremely unsatisfying and cheated her character development..and your readers of a final, sexy scene.

illicit_writerillicit_writerover 6 years ago
Not a separate chapter

This is a coda not a separate chapter. Disappointing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Re: How I Met Your Mother

I'd agree that this ending is on par with ending on HIMYM... goddamn awful! In fact I'm pretty much in agreement with the whole assessment of that Anon. Not getting together with your best friend and roommate is understandable but why isn't he out there having fun with Kelsey like you hinted at throughout and what was the point of the whole Sarah buildup if she just ends up back with her bf. Stupid stupid ending... just like on HIMYM.

Spector_DuganSpector_Duganover 6 years agoAuthor
Note from the author

Hello all,

I'm sorry so many of you were disappointed with this chapter (though also a little flattered that people were so engaged with the narrative).

All I can say is that this is intended as a break in the story, not an ending. I have a definite plan for these characters and I promise there is still more story to tell.

Thank you all so much for your continued support.

- Spec

stattionstattionover 6 years ago
Re: Note from author

That's good to hear. All your author notes had said this was all about an nine part series so having ended it like you did was a huge disappointment. Just hope we don't have to wait for long for the next part. As you can tell you have a lot of fans waiting.

Novengliae2Novengliae2over 6 years ago
That was a great read

I would like to say thanks for posting this story. The fact that so many fans are disappointed with ch 9 is a testament to the writing. Kudos to you, Spec, for writing a sex story in which we can relate to, empathize with, and like or dislike the characters, and especially for building the characters in spite of the sex rather than because of it. You are an author definitely worth reading!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What the hell was that?

This chapter was Yu Darvish in game 7. disappointing.It was like pitching a no no 2 outs into the ninth and then forfeiting the game. Needs an overhaul badly

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good read

If you decide to continue the story, I hope he ends up with Julia since most of the story seemed to be subtly pointing towards that

margarveymargarveyover 6 years ago
Bravo

This one was special. Often in harem stories the author isn't able to clearly delineate characters and the women all just run together, but each of these girls were sharply defined, both in and out of the bedroom, and the sex scenes were HOT. I've loved everything you've written, I hope you keep it up.

(And revisit this to give us less of a downer to end on!)

The_x_physiologistThe_x_physiologistover 6 years ago
AMAZING SERIES!

You did a great job! I really look forward to the continuation!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Loved this ending.

Unlike others, I loved this ending.

Always leave the audience wanting more.

To write more would be to ruin people's hopes for these characters.

beanburner69beanburner69about 6 years ago
wow

spent the last two days reading this 3/8-3/9/2018. I'm going to read ever thing else you have on literotica. Hope you decide to have a second road trip maybe with accidental pregnancy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Disappointed.

1 thru 8, I thought it only had one weak chapter. I mean, I really really like your light touch with the dialogue and you are very descriptive and you pace well. I could have handled one rough chapter but definitely NOT the last one. After 7x 5* and a forced 4* this is a bummer.

I'm going to bookmark this story and hold off for 6 months to see if this goes to extra innings before I give it the 2* that IMO it deserves.

You blew the no hitter and lost the game on a walk off 3 run homer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Reality

I think the main reason why people hate this last chapter so much is because of how real it is. I mean in reality this is likely the end result to otherwise a beautiful adventure and it's one that at least for the guys no one wants to end this way. Im glad you've at least left it with a chance to bloom once again and sincerely hope it does, will be checking back every now and then.

blackknight314blackknight314about 6 years ago
Good story.

The last chapter, inning, whatever. It was much like vacations that I have had. The story was (except for Sarah still with Rob) great, just like vacation, then you get home and life goes on. Jules and Ben; I can understand. To continue on you need to include more guys. Magic cock; yeah right.

Oh well, what do I know, you're the writer

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyalmost 6 years ago
After

Such a great imaginative story. There was no ending. I can understand that boring life returns, shipboard romances dim after all separate to their own lives.

But I do not understand the last sentence. Totally out of character with the rest of the chapter. What did she mean?

A true non ending that is so often encountered on this site. It takes so much effort to write the story that so many forget to put the effort into it, or just get tired of writing the story.

Think about your story and resubmit it, actually put in a meaningful end that is clear to us neanderthals.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
OMG

OMG what a journey/trip/vacation. Maybe the most exciting story i've read. Please

write sumore, I need it.

teecee53teecee53almost 6 years ago
Perfect ending

I understand why some are disappointed by the ending, but I thought it was perfect. One of the best parts of reading is having to use your imagination a bit to envision the scenes. An ending like this is an opportunity to open the mental door and explore.

Thanks so much for sharing your gift.

MikeLowreyMikeLowreyover 5 years ago
Great story!

Wow. This was one of the most fun stories/series I have read in here. I love how you tied it into he whole nine innings of baseball. Here is just my opinion on the ending; I think he was a little limited on how he could do it by the way the story was written. It was pretty informal first person - which I really liked - so it’s not like from our point of view we would be able to know everything that was going on. He gave us an idea and attempted to set up a cliff hanger.

Take away the fact that I am reading this series a year later and have already seen there is a sequel, I am still very very pleased with this. Still holding out for a Julia/Ben relationship. Time to go read the others.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Need a link!! & General comment

SPEC:

You or the site need to add a link to "The Florida Trip", a sequel to this story. Oh I just did! That is how I found this story.

As for this story its a 10. For all of you who complain that the summary at the top of this Chapter does not say 'NO SEX, NO SEX & NO SEX', how many of you would have read it? Are you here to read about I jammed by zucchini sized penis into a cucumber sized pussy even though only 2/3 rds of it will fit or are you here to read about the interactions between the 4 or 5 people in this story?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Felt I Was a Part of the Story

What an awesome story. I read it late at night and by the time I finished it everyone was asleep so I went to bed as well. As I went to bed I had the feeling that I had to get up in the morning to continue our trip. In the morning, I was in my bedroom but it felt like I was in a hotel. I actually pulled my wife towards me and told her we needed to make room for others.Then I sat up on my elbows and looked around. My wife asked me what was up and I asked her where everyone else was? I was serious and she just looked at me like I was nuts and told me to go back to sleep, I was delirious. Very well written story. Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wow. Just wow.

I have never commented on any story on this site, but I had to for this. Thank you for this incredible series. Well written and legitimately wanted to know what happened next. Thank you

xavierwxavierwover 4 years ago
In THIS Case, Long + Perfect

Spector,

The comments of others are spot on so I won't repeat how excellent this series is/was. What I will comment on is how perfectly you concluded it. While more sex might have been welcomed, ending it the way that you did provided a perfect ending to a long, but perfect, story.

It was realistic, believable, human, touching and even in this non-sexual conclusion, erotic.

I'm going to look but I truly hope that you have written the sequel to this one hinted at in the concluding page/chapter.

Great job, to a truly awesome author! (Career change, perhaps???)

X-Man

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
That was... something else

11/10 best story I’ve ever read on this sight. Long and well put together, just like the sport it idolizes.

XacksonXacksonover 4 years ago
This hurt my soul...

Like, how the hell can I, the reader get so engrossed in the life of Ben and feel the feelings he wasn’t supposed to have for the girls, fucking masterpiece this is. TO THE SEQUEL!

Sex4lf57Sex4lf57almost 4 years ago

I gave the whole series a 5 star rating. It was one of the best series I have read on this site. I was expecting more reaction from Jim and Rob in this final chapter but it really did end perfectly setting up the next trip series. I can't wait to read it tonight!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Extra innings??

Probably the best story I've ever read on this site. That says a lot. It had an unbelievable amount of humor mixed with so much emotion. A great story teller. Nine chapters and ...... it was too short? Looking forward to a sequel. Don't stop writing.

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
Perfect!

I strongly disagree with the commenters who blast this last chapter and the ending -

The fantasy is over. Its back to real life. Pleasant memories. It seems like a let-down, then BLAM! Another trip and the fantasy is back with a vengence. Let your imagination go with the details of the next trip, you shouldn't need the author to take your hand and lead you into the possibilities and ruin a dream.

.

My compliments to Spector_Dugan on a great story, marvelous writing, and an imaginative ending. A small opportunity for you: do an internet search on "lie vs. lay" and avoid errors made by the majority of Lit authors.

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Anonymous

Nine parts to the story and nine innings in the game doubles,triples,homeruns,steals and amazing teamwork ( even a sub in ) you have to love the games of life. Great story well done and I hope there will be extra innings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Best read ever on this or any site

All 9 chapters...best read in 10 years on this site...

IJS0904IJS0904over 3 years ago

I liked this series so much I went back through and five stared every chapter. Your characters have depth and were more than a prop for sex scenes. Ben's sadness at the end of a wonderful journey was not only realistic, but also touching. I am looking forward to their next trip. Thanks for writing your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

1: It's a very good story.

2: I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the ending. I really wanted Ben to wind up with someone, but that's my own bias toward "happily-ever-afters", and there was a certain melancholy satisfaction about how it ended BEFORE the "6 months later" bit. I'm really uncomfortable with that part. On the one hand, it completely destroys the entire mood of part 9. On the other hand, it brings up the possibility of resolving some of the issues I had with part 9. The first of these is Sarah and Rob: there's no way she should have gone back to him. It's one thing to forgive someone acting like an ass, but his initial reaction to Sarah wanting to pursue photography went all the way over into asshole, and I think she deserves better -- and that's assuming he isn't emotionally abusive, which is a distinct possibility. The second is Ben's relationship status. As I said before, I really wanted him to wind up with someone, and "I think we need another road trip" sounds like the kind of shake-up that could create that. Unfortunately, the person I thought was the best (or, at least, most likely) candidate for that is Kelsey, and she's the only one whose status isn't opened up by that little epilogue. At one point, I thought Julia could have worked out, but I could only see that happening if she'd been into Ben for a while and he'd just been oblivious, and by the end I'd decided that Ben and Julie are sexually incompatible: she's just too rough for him. While Sarah is the one he seems to find most physically appealing, I just don't know if they're a good match on other levels.

3: I think part 9 is the weakest section of the story. Aside from the shower scene (and possibly the "6 months later" epilogue), the tone is completely different from parts 1-8. The "back-to-reality" idea works to an extent, but it's taken a bit too far. It feels less like they went back to the relationships they had before the trip than like the trip drove them apart from each other, which, again, seems inconsistent with the rest of the story.

4: I just went back to the story listing to see if there was a sequel, as the "6 months later" section suggests there might be. Based on the opening lines of "The Florida Trip", it sounds almost like this was never intended to be the end of the story. If that is indeed the case, then it would have been best to make a note of that here so that I wouldn't have reacted as if this were the end of the story.

bseeker6969bseeker6969about 3 years ago

I had a lot to say about this but I glanced at the previous comment (Anonymous 1 day ago) and that summarized what I felt. On to Florida....

bshell47bshell47almost 3 years ago
What an ending OR….Was it a beginning?

I can’r wait to see the next adventure.

gladventurergladventurerabout 2 years ago

Outstanding writing. This was a fun uplifting adventure. I was hoping for Ben to end up with Sarah. I thought that was the way the story was pointing throughout and this chapter seems to support that. While I was hoping for a long part nine, in the end I like how you left it. A phone call from Sarah and another road trip. I can hardly wait. In the mean time, I’ll imagine how I see it going. You’ve got a gift. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I have no idea which parent you got your imagination from, but they were a sick, (in a GREAT way) sick person. One of the most entertaining stories I have EVER read on literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Everything was perfect, except the epilogue. It completely invalidated the rest of the chapter. They no longer work as a group; they’re going on another vacation. He respects his roommate’s feelings; he wants her again.

It’s like you finished the story, and then some friend or editor of yours insisted (wrongly) that you had to leave the door open for a continuation.

The story was nine chapters long. It was great. It was a complete story. Apply your significant talents to a new story.

You failed the landing. Five out of five becomes a three out of five.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Epic...by definition, the entire Spector collection is epic. I was hooked by the poker story, then Poly at the Poly...now it is ON to get through all of them. Three cheers to Spector in 2023!!!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Not as good as Poly. (What is?) But still very good.

WalkinBassWalkinBass11 months ago

Really enjoyed this series, thanks! On to Florida🙂

OlsterOlster11 months ago

Ending a bit anticlimactic. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

this has been a most delightful series. thank you. I thought the ending was perfect, despite some other comments to the contrary. your character development was interesting and much better than most of what is posted here. I could see through each of their eyes. yeah, it was a stretch of a tale, but it took the reader on a great ride. I appreciate the time you took to make it all come to life.

you tell a good story. I certainly hope you write more.

hugh52hugh522 months ago

Please continue with extra innings!

DevilbobyDevilboby19 days ago

I loved this whole series I'm not going to repeat myself, every comment I've made so far throughout the series stands. I will just add very enjoyable and at times stimulating.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSpector_Dugan@Spector_Dugan
9802 Followers
December 2023: Unfortunately, real life got in the way one too many times this year and I am on indefinite hiatus. While I have plans to continue Prissy Krissy and the sequels to both the Poly and the Trip series (plus a bunch of new stuff), I cannot promise when you'll see...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES