The Beauty and The King

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

____________________________________________

Amy looked anxiously at the wall clock. It was ten seventeen and Carol had not returned home yet. Sighing, she fingered a black curl behind her ear and vacuumed the floor to alleviate her trepidation. Then she entered the kitchen with an intention of doing the dishes. Suddenly the doorbell chimed, stratling her. She headed toward the front door, and opened it. To her relief, Carol and Darlene stood in the doorway.

"I hope things went well after we departed yesterday," Carol said, stepping inside. "Did you eat breakfast?"

"Yes, Mr. King," Amy replied. She let Darlene follow Carol, and then closed the door.

"Good," Carol said, grinning broadly. She took Darlene's hand and added, "Make sure the lunch is served at one o' clock."

Amy bowed her head.

The duo resumed walking toward the stairs. Amy's eyes fell on the white bag that Carol was carrying. She smiled ironically and went back to the kitchen.

____________________________________________

"You were right! This place is so lively and full of fun," Darlene said delightedly. Having her locks bound in a bun and sitting comfortably next to Carol on the beach blanket, she watched people making boisterous merriment. The cold sea air caressed her skin soothingly. She was aware of the furtive glances men cast at her; Bonnie's hot pink bra and chiffon pareu wrapped around her waist like a skirt, enhanced her tempting looks.

"Yes it is," Carol replied, gazing at the clouds that drifted in the sunny sky; she was dressed in men's beach jacket and shorts.

"I've always dreamed of living in a beach house. You are very lucky to own a residence here."

"May be," Carol said as her eyes fell on the tides, which angrily hit the coast and ebbed away.

Darlene turned her head in Carol's direction. "Well, I mean it," she said.

"Okay!"

Darlene frowned for an instant, and then she asked, "Are you missing her, Carlos?"

Carol looked at her quizzically.

"I am talking about Bonnie," Darlene clarified her question.

Carol turned her eyes to gaze at the sea.

Darlene perceived the gloomy expression on her face. "Erm... I am sorry if I asked you something very private," she added nervously.

"You don't have to make an apology," Carol said. "Yes, I am missing her."

"I understand," Darlene said as Carol's avowal provoked a subtle envious feeling within her. "She is your lover."

"Yes! She was my girlfriend."

"She WAS... oh," Darlene said, biting her lip as she withheld an urge to smile. "Why did she leave you?"

"She just wanted to follow her dreams but being selfish I failed to understand her. We had a quarrel one night because I was angry and afraid of losing her. The harsh words that I spoke disheartened her, and she broke up with me."

"Did you call her and tried to assuage her excruciation?"

"I did, but she texted me about her and Jerome being happy together."

"Jerome! Who was he?"

"He was the one who made me argue with her."

"Was she infatuated with him?"

"Yes," Carol replied frigidly; her face distorted with disgust.

"How could she be so callous even though you loved her?"

"Jerome was more affluent than me, and she chose him because he could raise her to eminence in a short time."

"Was he into some business?"

"Yes. He was the proprietor of Filly & Dove Studios. Being a shrewd connoisseur of art and beauty, he discerned Bonnie's photogenic looks and cajoled her to work in his movie studio as a starlet."

"Accepting his offer, she made a wrong choice. There are lots of people who work in the show biz just to hold the front page, get married to promote themselves, and criticize one another after getting divorced. The film industry promises them riches at the expense of long-term relationships. I wish she may realize this and get back to you."

"That's impossible."

"Why?"

"Cause she DIED in a car crash!"

"What," Darlene exclaimed.

Carol gazed deeply into her eyes. "Sometimes one may not easily accept the truth," she spoke in a soft, unwavering tone. "Often, it is hard to see the uniformity in life. Bonnie's death utterly dispirited me; it traumatized my soul and shattered my dreams. I decided to live without ambition and rejected all possibilities of happiness. Hiring the call girls and having sex with them transiently gratified my gynephilic desire. I presumed that no girl would be able to win my heart like Bonnie but you... you came along and proved me wrong!"

"I proved you wrong! What do you mean?"

"To explain this, I must tell you more about her," Carol said. She sighed ruefully and resumed, "I was the member of Finart Reflections LLC, a nonprofit art school, where instructors taught different forms of the visual art. Our primary focus was to train the students for figure drawing, figure painting, photography, and sculpture. Bonnie worked there as an art model. I got attracted to her because of her radiant face, alluring smile, and voluptuous curves. Posing nude against the real or abstract backgrounds, she represented natural beauty and I could not take my eyes off her. The other female models weren't as vibrant as she was. I felt high in her presence, and thought persistently about her after she returned to White & White Rooming House every evening. At the school, I feigned touching her unintentionally. In spite of knowing why I did that over and over again, she neither felt uneasy nor rebuked me."

"Perhaps she took a liking to you as well."

"She fancied me because I owned the school. We began dating each other once a week and eventually, I confessed my love to her during a dinner party at an instructor's home. Then I kissed her, but she did not accept me as her romantic partner until a few days had elapsed. Her affirmative response elated me, and I offered her to be my housemate. She acquiesced to my proffer instantaneously as it was hard for her to reside much longer in the rooming house."

"I think she had no family."

"You are right! She did not know her father, and her mom committed suicide because she could not handle everything by herself and take care of her only daughter."

"So you supported Bonnie, to allay the suffering she went through and express the tender feelings you had for her."

"Yes. I inferred she got all the things, deemed necessary by a woman to enjoy her life. On the contrary, my overoptmisim led me astray; I failed to realize what she still missed in spite of being properly sheltered, eating favorite foods, wearing beautiful dresses, and going frequently out with me."

"Did she continue working as the art model after moving to your house?"

Carol nodded.

"I thought so," Darlene said. "Jerome probably met her at the school."

"No," Carol riposted. "He visited Florale Art Museum where we organised the Halloween Day Special Exhibition last year. Ruth, his sister and one of the instructors at Finart Reflections, accompanied him. The painting that portrayed Bonnie as a fairy caught his attention and her beauty fascinated him like a shot. He wanted to see her in person, and so Ruth led him to us while we supervised the event. After introducing himself and admiring the painting, he cast a meaningful glance at Bonnie and gave me his calling card."

"If Jerome gave her a look that manifested some amorous intent, why did you accept his card?"

"I thought he was just a fop to her and she would never choose a fop over me."

"Yes, it's hard for one not to trust a lover."

"Some weeks later, she told me that Jerome had asked her to audition for a bit part in his upcoming action movie; moreover, he assured her for a bright future and long-lasting renown if she succeeded in her first trial performance. I was astounded by her excitement and declaration. When I asked how he knew her cell number, she made a candid affirmation of calling him."

"Naturally, she took his card from the calling card holder on your desk. Did you reproach her for doing so?"

"No, I just asked her the reason for calling him. She replied that it was her heartfelt desire to be a celebrity. Hence, I gave her my consent; her exultant gladness was evident as she kissed me gratefully."

"She was a lucky girl! If I were Bonnie I would turn down Jerome's offer. The fame can never be preferable to a caring mate."

"On the contrary, she yearned to be a star. After making a successful audition, she signed the cast contract. Jerome himself began visiting us regularly, took Bonnie to his movie studio, and dropped her home at night. Soon, I noticed him caressing and kissing her on the cheek. She got out of his Mercedez-Benz, bade him farewel, stepped inside the house, and hugged me. I told her politely to stay away from that buffoon because I did not like his flirtatious deportment. To falsify my objection, she kissed me and explained tenderly that he was an amicable guy but she didn't love him; however, she had to treat him like a friend for the sake of her career. I accepted her reason as a plausible statement."

"So Bonnie succeeded in convincing you about her loyalty and devout regard for your love; however, you argued with her sometime later."

"Yes."

"May I ask what caused that arguement?"

"Jerome invited us for a cocktail party at his house because Bonnie had brilliantly played the role of a rock singer. After toasting her, everybody in the dining hall began waltzing. Jerome took Bonnie's hand before I could dance with her. They moved rhythmically to the music; glaring at them, I clenched my fist in order to suppress my rage. As he pulled her close for a passionate kiss, my temper seethed instantly and I stormed in their direction. Grabbing Bonnie by the arm, I made her spin and hit her in the face."

Darlene stared wide-eyed at Carol.

"A hush fell over the dining hall as people focused their attention on us," Carol resumed. "I clutched her by the wrist and demanded that she go home. She jerked her arm free from my grasp and gazed into my eyes, revealing anguish that filled her face. Warm tears cascaded off her flushed cheeks. I asked her once again to come with me. She fired back, told me to get lost, and the argument ensued. It ended when I rebuked her for hurting me, and Jerome rushing to the scene to soothe her. Bonnie snuggled her head against his shoulder and continued sobbing. Perceiving his hostile countenance, I wheeled around and bolted from his house."

Carol looked up at the birds, which glided beautifully in the sky. "Bonnie never returned," she continued. "She and Jerome died in the car crash. After that tragic incident, I sold the house where she used to live with me. Now I own a residence here. Watching people, who come from far and near to enjoy their leisure time at the sea shore, does alleviate the sense of loneliness that nags me as yet."

"She's still alive in your heart," Darlene said. "You can never forget her! This beachwear that I have attired myself in, surely belongs to her."

"I offered you to wear the clothing, which I bought for her but she never doned them."

Darlene gave her no reply.

"Last night, you explained the reason for being Sienna's substitute," Carol said. "As I realized how much you ached for the committed relationship with a female partner, I compared you with Bonnie. Surely, you have her measurements and looks. Yesterday, I forbade you to wear the open side gown and you spoke up the way she used to wisecrack. She knew how to lift my spirits and so did you when I was furiously leading you to the exit of Big Bro's bar. I also acknowledge, you encouraged me in the casino just like her when I was continually losing games. She couldn't keep her true feelings to herself as I hurt her and likewise, you bared your heart to me."

"I may inadvertently give you her impression," Darlene said, "but I can't deny being a worthless call girl."

"Bonnie and you differ in making choices. She preferred her career and renown to my feelings. On the contrary, you desired to stay with me and experience the depth of my love."

Darlene didn't look at Carol until the gentle feel of her hand teased her arm.

"Today is the last day of this GFE session," Carol said, holding Darlene's hand tenderly. "I must ask you before it's too late. Will you marry me?"

Darlene gaped at her.

"Please, don't say you won't," Carol said.

"C-Carlos, I... yes, yes I will," Darlene stammered. The next instant, Carol's lips met passionately with hers; holding each other tight, they fell on the beach blanket.

Carol broke the lip lock and burst into laughter. In return, Darlene grinned broadly.

"Darlene, oh Darlene! I love you," Carol spoke up; she showered her face with kisses.

"I love you too Carlos," Darlene said affectionately. "Promise me you won't take any other girl to your bed!"

"I promise you, my love!"

Darlene caressed her cheek, lips, and chin. "Carlos," she said.

"Yes," Carol replied.

"I believe you haven't told me your real name."

"That's right, baby! It's Carol King."

Darlene giggled. "Carol and Carlos nearly sound alike," she said.

"Yes, they do! Tomorrow, I'll send paychecks to Big Bro and Sienna. Then we'll forget them for the rest of our lives."

"I agree," Darlene said. She closed her eyes as Carol kissed her once again.

____________________________________________

Author's Acknowledgement.

I would like to acknowledge and extend my heartfelt gratitude to Sue Rushing and Shamarie McKnight. Without their guidance and encouragement, I could never write and complete this beautiful story.