The Best and Worst Birthday

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Now alone, she looked about the room trying to decide what to do. The room was small and appeared to be used for storage. There were instrument cases piled along the opposite wall of the couch and personal belongings intermixed with the cases. Through the doors, she could hear the announcer cue the band and upon hearing Reed's calloused fingers pluck away, she smiled. Dylan knew that it was probably taking a liberty she shouldn't, but she was sure he would've given consent. She took the coat lying atop the case for his bass and put it on, wrapping herself up tight before retiring to the couch.

Exhausted by the sudden attack of emotions that'd been inflicted on her, Dylan had no trouble falling asleep. The scent of Reed flooding her nostrils made her feel safe, so the usual worry about napping in a foreign location was lost on her. She let the music seeping beneath the door sooth her anxiety, knowing that Reed was just outside if she needed him.

*****

The night grew old. As the first sign of closing, the band said their goodbyes to the crowd and meandered off stage. Reed had been anxious the entire time he played knowing that it was a very real possibility that Dylan wouldn't be there when he came back. Normally he'd be dragging his bass off stage, tired after a long night of playing, but tonight it was weightless as he flew backstage.

Reed knew that all the band members kept their cases in that room. He wanted to be the first to open that door, no matter what lay behind it. If she was still there, he'd make sure that she was warned to the incoming lack of privacy. If she wasn't there, than he could be granted a few moments to wipe the look of disappointment off his face before all his colleagues saw.

He nestled his bass outside the door, leaning it against the wall so it wouldn't fall down, and carefully opened the door. She was still there. Reed's mind was a flurry of emotions as he peered at this sleeping beauty. He was completely happy to see her and thought it was as cute as could be that she had fallen asleep. Then he noticed she was wearing his coat and the grin that erupted from his lips couldn't have been erased if he'd had a heart attack that very moment.

Jason crept up beside Reed's frozen figure in the doorway and peered in over his shoulder. "Holy fuck!" he whispered excitedly. "Isn't that the girl you were texting? And isn't that your coat?"

Reed nodded, not knowing how else to communicate with this rush of happiness he was feeling. Somewhere in the back of his head, he reminded himself to thank Jason for quieting all the rest of the boys as they walked in after him. Reed knelt on the floor by Dylan, not noticing the congratulatory pats on the back from his mates, and took in the sight of her. Before he knew it, everyone had piled out of the room and she was still sleeping like a rock.

He knew for sure how he wanted to wake her, but considering she had just broken up with her boyfriend, the kiss probably wouldn't be of the caliber he wanted it to be. He settled for running the back of his index finger along her jawline and using his other hand to gently pat her hip. Touching her was electrifying and he fought to control the urge to take her then and there, constantly reminding himself that he was a gentleman.

"Wake up, baby," He quietly hummed beside her ear. "Let me take you home."

He bit his lip and stifled a moan as he watched her stretch. The features of her face appeared softer now that she was relaxed and Reed soaked up the vision. He knew full well that the only thing that could make this moment better was if she was naked in his bed and waking up for morning cuddles with him.

Her eyes fluttered open and settled on Reed. Her smile was sweet, innocent, and melting him with each passing second. "What time is it?" she whispered.

"A little after two. It'll take me a moment to get all my stuff packed up, but I'd be more than happy to take you home," he whispered back, loving the fact that he touched her without a negative reaction. He stood, straightened his vest, and broke his gaze from her to retrieve his bass.

She sat up, still bundled tightly in his coat, and watched him deftly move the massive instrument. "I really hate to ask, but do you think we could hang out for a little bit?" she chewed on her bottom lip and waited for him to give some excuse as to why that wasn't a good idea. He never did, so she continued. "As selfish as it sounds, I don't want to be alone."

The smile that Reed responded with warmed Dylan to the core. "I told you, babe, anything you want and I'll make it happen." With a wink, he reached for her hand and helped her off the couch. "Unfortunately, we can't stay here."

"Your place then?" she tried her best to look innocent as she made the suggestion, knowing what he might think of her if he had even an inkling of what she was wanting to do to him. He had been so patient and polite, but at the same time, made her feel extremely beautiful and desired.

"Sure thing." Reed struggled with hiding his true feelings as well. He had never really had a girl ask to be taken to his place and he was very excited, especially considering that Dylan was a dream come true. He reached in the pocket of his coat that she was still wearing and pulled out a scarf. Using it as an excuse to touch her, Reed wrapped the scarf around her neck and buttoned the front of the coat up. "Let's go."

*****

Reed tucked Dylan into the passenger seat of his truck and turned the heat up to shield her from the icy January night. She sat in warmth while he packed up the bass in the bed of the truck. At first she had thought it was funny how he was trying to keep her warm, but catching a glimpse of him the rearview mirror and she instantly understood why. He was freezing. Dylan was still wearing his coat and he was outside in the cold wearing just his vest and button up. It was her turn to be worried.

As Reed hopped into the driver's seat, she unbuckled and slid over next to him in a hurry. She grabbed both of his hands and held them between hers, blowing her warm breath over his frigid fingers. "You should've taken your coat back," she scolded. "You're hands are so cold."

Reed's stomach flipped and he struggled to find words to defend himself. Her lips were so close to his skin and she displayed so much concern for him. He was beside himself. Dylan brought his hands up to cup her face, using the warmth from her cheeks to bring his palms back to life while her hands rubbed away the cold on the outside of his hands. He continued to silently watch her warming his hands for a while, completely taken over with amazement on how caring she was. Feeling her cheeks swell with a smile beneath his palms was almost more than he could take.

"Oh god, there's the rest of you as well," she sighed, letting his hands down into her lap. Before Reed could assure her that he was fine, she was cupping his face with her palms. "You're poor face is cold, too."

He could feel each one of her little fingers on his face and he was having an even harder time forming words. "Dylan, I...fine... I'm fine.. the heater..."

She giggled, a noise that was new to Reed, but he already loved it. "Sure you are, you big popsicle." She lowered her hands from his face, one securing his right hand in her lap while her other hand rested on his thigh. It was her turn to find an excuse to touch him and keeping him warm seemed to be the perfect alibi.

The position of her hands was not lost on Reed. Dylan was pressed up against his side and encouraging the contact with every little thing she did. He found it wonderfully intoxicating, and although it was a struggle driving home with one hand and a hard on, he managed happily.

*****

"Are you hungry?" Reed asked, peering into his fridge. "I could make some eggs and toast or, I think I have some boxed macaroni in the cupboard."

Dylan smiled, loving the way he seemed to constantly be thinking about her, even if it wasn't in a strictly sexual way. He was genuinely concerned, a trait that she could honestly say her ex never had. "I'm not all that hungry, but maybe if you had some coffee..."

"Ah ha!" he exclaimed, shutting the fridge and kicking his shoes off while he searched for the bag of ground coffee in his pantry. "What the lady wants, the lady shall receive."

"Can I ask you something?" she inquired, suddenly very curious about the man who was letting her invade his home in the wee hours of the night."

He peeked out from the other side of the pantry door with the coffee in hand and gave her a smile. "Anything you want, love. I already told you."

"Girlfriend?" she winced asking, really hoping that he didn't have one.

His smile widened. "The position of lady love in my life is currently open, so that's a no."

"Any particular reason why?" It had been easier than Dylan expected to feel completely comfortable asking whatever she pleased. Reed was as relaxed as could be and seemed as though he really intended on giving her anything she asked.

"Um, not really." He sighed while filling up the coffee pot with water. "My work keeps me busy and out late. That's why the last lady left and it's the reason I haven't had the motivation to get back out there."

That was perfectly understandable to Dylan. She could see where it would be hard to devote time to someone new when he really didn't have all that much time to give. It was still a little sad though. She was convinced that Reed was a spectacular human being and he deserved every bit of happiness the world could offer him.

While she was deep in though, he was admiring her. The corners of his mouth slowly turned up as his eyes roamed over the woman he'd been fantasizing about all day. Nearly loosing himself in the thought, he let a fraction of his thoughts become audible. "God, Dylan. You really do look amazing." Seeing her look up and start blushing immediately upon hearing his compliment was icing on the cake. Reed was coming to terms with the fact that this woman, even though she was pretty much a stranger, had him hook, line, and sinker.

"Hush," she chided. "I already like you, Reed, so you can cool it with the compliments." She was trying hard not to let all his attention go to her head as her eyes locked on to the floor beneath her.

"You make it hard for me looking like that though." He returned his attention to the coffee pot across the kitchen. "I mean really, babe. Lips like that, legs like those, and that dress... God damn." He was shaking his head as if to warn off any incoming fantasies."

"It's not like I'm without temptation either, you know." Dylan laughed whole heartedly as she watched Reed's head pop up in surprise, looking back at her like she had just confessed to something horribly surprising.

"Don't toy with me like that, Dylan." He scolded playfully as he filled their mugs. Juggling the coffee cups, a bowl of sugar, and a small pitcher of cream, he motioned towards the living room with his head. The look of shock on his face from her admission of peaked interest was still very much present.

He sat on the left side of the couch and she sat right beside him. The close proximity had started to make Reed sweat. His reminder to be a gentleman was becoming like a mantra in his head, playing over and over again. He tried, earnestly, to direct all his attention on fixing the coffee and not on the breasts that were just to his right. He reached for the cups rather than her, grabbing the sugar and not those hips that'd been tempting him since he saw that initial photo.

"Does you offer still stand?" she met his eyes and gave a little pout. "Anything I want?"

All Reed managed to see were those ridiculously tasty looking lips and there was no way he could ever deny her. Anxiety suddenly replaced with primal lust, he responded, "You're killing me here, sweetheart. Name it and it's yours."

Dylan's satisfaction with his answer radiated off her. "Excellent. May I see your hands then?" Ignoring the coffee altogether, she grabbed his arm and swung it around her shoulder, nuzzling into his side while both his hands hovered over her lap.

"You know, I have a thing for hands." At first she traced the outline of his fingers and compared the size of his hands to hers. Admiring his hands was fun for her and she began to massage them one at a time. "Yours are magnificent. They're lean, strong, agile, and wonderfully calloused." Reed was confused, but currently lost in the feeling of her massaging his hand.

She pressed into the spaced between the bones with her thumbs and stretched out the muscle. Being the type of musician he was, his hands were overworked and it became apparent that Reed had never had been given a hand massage. His head fell back with a sigh as she delightedly continued.

"Brian didn't have hands like this," she confessed, wrinkling up her nose at the mention of her ex. "His fingers were fat and unused. They lacked any skill, too. They always hurt at first and it would take me a while to get worked up when I was in pain. Yours are much different though. They're perfect."

Reed's head shot up and jaw tightened while Dylan struggled to find the reason she'd dare to mention such an intimate detail about her sex life. Albeit embarrassed, she could feel his chest clench at her side and the thought sent a rush of warmth straight through her. Confirmed by the slightest growl deep within his throat, Dylan was positive. Reed was the possessive type and she had already gotten under his skin. She ditched whatever regret over the confession she had because it was all worth it.

"He hurt you?" Reed snarled looking down at the temptress curled up at his side. In his mind, that crime was punishable by death. Dylan was sweet and beautiful, and seeing that idiot hurt her emotionally today had been difficult enough. Knowing that he caused her physical pain was fanning the flames. "I can do something about that. I may be on the scrawny side, but I'll be damned before I let anyone hurt you."

"Easy, tiger." Dylan grinned before attempting to take his breath away. She brought his hand to her mouth and tucked the fingertip of his index finger into her lips, slowing running her bottom teeth along the pad. She released it from her hold with a quick lick. "You're so quick to take care of me. Do you realize how attractive that is?"

Reed felt like he was putty and she was molding him in all different directions. He wondered for a brief moment if the feeling that rushed through him when she used the pet name was the same for when he used them on her. If so, he was going to be using them a lot more. He was overwhelmed by how fantastic it had felt to hear the endearment. That and her fucking lips were on his hands! She had pretty much frenched his fingertip and it was the most erotic, sensual thing that he'd ever felt. It was a terrible tease and such a wonderful hint of what the future may hold.

Dylan had felt Reed's entire body sink half an inch when she touched her lips to his fingertip. She fought back a giggle thinking this man was smitten for her and they were still practically strangers. She brought his right hand to her lap and left it to rest her thigh, much higher than where he would have dared venture himself. She placed his left hand, the one that was snaked around her shoulder, against her collar bone. She held his hand there by his wrist and cooed as she leaned up against his side.

He on the other hand, was practically having heart palpitations. He could feel the strap of her dress along the fingertips of his left hand and the swell of her breast beneath his palm. His right hand was filled with one of those beautiful legs. Reed was in sensory overload. She smelt warm, like vanilla and almonds and her skin was so tantalizingly soft. The only sense left to explore was taste, and that small thought had him moaning.

"Reed?" she purred, tucking her head under his chin. "Would you touch me, please? I want to feel those wonderful hands of yours all over me."

He gulped, struggling to hold on to a slither of his manners with this temptation beneath his fingers. Are you sure?" he stuttered. "I mean, you just broke up with your boyfriend and we hardly know each other."

She slipped out from beside him, making him instantly regret ever opening his mouth. Dylan knelt on the floor at his knees and took his hands in hers once more, kissing the tops as his courtesy made her feel special. Reed's stomach was doing flips again and he was at a loss as to how this woman could incapacitate him with the simplest of gestures. Those green eyes looked up at him and he lost all will to argue, but Dylan acknowledged his questions anyhow.

"You know, I've always been a good judge of character. You're about the sweetest person I've ever met and so far you've yet to say anything that's made me question your intentions." She tilted her head to the right and gave a sultry smile. "Besides, you've already told me that you like my dress, lips, and legs. However, I'm certain you'd like the dress better if it were on the floor, my lips better if they were attached to yours, and my legs much better if they were wrapped around your waist."

Reed had lost his ability to form words. He'd already lusted after each one of the details that she'd mentioned and it melted him to hear those words being spoken from her lips. It felt like there was something stuck under his skin that was burning, like there was a layer of lava waiting to burst out of him. He didn't have to look to know that his pants were tented and he was too lost in everything Dylan did to even worry about her seeing. She probably wanted him like that anyhow, he thought.

Dylan gave his hands a final kiss and stood, letting the hem of her dress rest against his knees. "You know what I think?" her honey like voice intoxicated him. "I think you'd fancy having me all to yourself. Wouldn't that be fun?"

His eyes widened and his chest sunk deep within him. Everything about his body language suggested that he was turned on, just building up the gumption to toss away all inhibitions and tear Dylan apart. She was eagerly waiting for that moment, provoking him even further.

She used every ounce of sex appeal she could muster up, trying desperately to will her voice to convey it. "Wouldn't you like to claim me? Maybe get a little rough with me?" Her hand rose to toy with the strap of her dress, bringing it down her shoulder just to pull it back up again. "I wouldn't mind at all, Reed. I'd even let you spank me if you wanted."

She stole a moment to look down at her bare shoulder. When she peered up at him from beneath those lashes, Reed lost it. He scooted forward on the couch, placing her between his knees and grabbed at her hips roughly. His large hands pulled and prodded at the curve of her waist while his fingertips gripped with a delicious force. Although started at first by his abruptness, Dylan was soon humming with anticipation for his next move.

He groaned, leaning his face into her stomach, nuzzling as his gruff voice caused every inch of Dylan to tingle. He sounded almost maniacal, his words searing right into her. "It's like you said, if I'm going to do this, I'm going to claim you. I'm going leave my fingerprints all over you, sweetheart."

Dylan wove her fingers into his hair and encouraged his continued control over her hips, moving them ever so slightly so he'd push and pull them back into the position he desired. She really was an excellent judge of character. It was as if she flipped a switch and every predatory, masculine instinct that Reed had was on fire.

He pushed her back a few inches to look up at her, eyes glazed over with lust. "Do you want this? Because you realize how difficult it would be for me to stop once we really get going, right?"