All Comments on 'The Birthday Gift'

by TallMarriedMan

Sort by:
  • 154 Comments
jezzazjezzazover 7 years ago
You MOTHERFUCKER!!

I just used Doctor Who in my finale for Ingrams and you, you utter bastard, stole the thunder.

I hope a fucking green death maggot munchies your bits off.

Also, Clara Oswald??? Pah. Everyone knows Sarah Jane is the One True Companion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Jazzas

Or what ever . Fuck Dr who gives a shit. Both you guys write a good BTB now . And we will see who is better ! Don't cuck it up like HDK would .

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sad

Two people who were wrong for each other from the start

bayouxbayouxover 7 years ago
The Tardis Delivers

Fantastic story. Hope we can hear about the London convention. Can't wait for my birthday gift to be brought by the Tardis. When it lands I want to see Leela step out.

PearDrop3PearDrop3over 7 years ago
Good Story

I liked the way you added the Dr Who plot with Natalia, and all along I thought Scott's wife was playing around. By the way, the Alons-y quote was made by David Tennant's doctor. Matt Smith's doctor was the one who discovered the soufflé girl. Still I gave you 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great Story

She does deserve a spanking for lying to him. Maybe in the next chapter.

dreamer3366dreamer3366over 7 years ago
Loved it

Fun story..I was so happy for Scott and Natalia. Thoroughly enjoyed the story and throwing in Dr. Who. I'm a Whovian myself.

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
Delicious Tale

I was afraid after four pages that the moral majority would chew our hero up, but then when he caught Lisa everything went back to equality. Strangely enough I am a great Sci-Fi fan and read thousand of stories but I am unfamiliar with Dr. Who as being good SF. I will look into it. By the way everyman should have a woman who shares more than the bed with him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
So the so called hero is a massive hypocrite..

So he cheated on her without knowing she was cheating, yet he took a moral stance when he caught her. Yeh, that really justifies his actions. A tale of three cheaters, no one to like here. If Natalie is willing to cheat with him, hopefully she will cheat on the big hypocrite as well.

Well written but morally corrupt tale 3*

Sidney43Sidney43over 7 years ago

Almost too much of a cliche to find Lisa sucking her bosses cock when he arrives to break things off, but it did put a neat bow on things in just a few sentences.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
No excuse for such terrible spelling

These days with Google and even Bing there is really no excuse for butchering the spelling of words like hors d'oeuvres, It shouldn't take more than a few minutes to learn the correct spelling. Or is it that you just don't care? Minus one star for that.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 7 years ago
Cosplay

How current, havent noticed that at this site before. Good employment of that theme. Some of those cosplay ladies are amazingly hot. 5 star. And, i can live with the odd spelling and grammer error, rather easy to do with tiny keys and that fucking automatic spell checker./suggested spelling thing. Shoulda had a pic of clara.

TallMarriedManTallMarriedManover 7 years agoAuthor
My "Horrible" Spelling

I really should apologize to "Anonymous' for my horrible overall spelling because I got the word hors d'oeuvres wrong. I spelled it h’orderves. I did Google it, there were over 63,000 results with the spelling that I used. I ran my story through Grammarly, GradeProof, LanguageTool, and the built-in spellchecker in Google Docs, none of which flagged the word as spelled incorrectly so I assumed it was an acceptable abbreviation. I feel great shame for getting 1 word out of 17,487 wrong. I will strive to do better in the future.

TallMarriedManTallMarriedManover 7 years agoAuthor
Sidney43 - I agree

I agree that it was more than a bit cliche, but I thought it gave the story the proper ending. I enjoyed giving Scott the opportunity to laugh at the whole situation and realize that he was right to decide to leave his wife even before he found out she was cheating. I also thought it added an interesting question that I wanted to leave up to the readers and that is did Natalia know that Scott's wife was cheating on him?

Thanks for reading and commenting!

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveover 7 years ago
Mary Tamm and Tom. Baker

Romana and The Doctor; the six part Key to Time. That's the ticket ...

TallMarriedManTallMarriedManover 7 years agoAuthor
What Moral Ground Did Scott Take?

I'm not sure what moral stance Scott took when he found his wife cheating, he laughed and laughed hard. His wife had very little time for him and that was the reason he cheated and why he decided to leave her even before he knew she was cheating.

I'm not sure how anyone can be surprised to find morally corrupt behavior in a section of the site specifically set out for extra-marital activities. It seems like by default you're going to get some in here.

And, I believe there are varying degrees of cheating. Here, Natalia fell in love with Scott and Scott fell in love with Natalia, it happens. I understand my writing style is usually larger than life, it is because I believe most people reading stories here want a story that goes beyond the normal everyday lives of people. They want sizzle of some sort, and I understand my version of that may not be what you're after and I can respect that. There are all types of stories here and I'm sure you can find some to your liking.

Thanks for reading!

TallMarriedManTallMarriedManover 7 years agoAuthor
Rc68 - Amy Pond is awesome

I love Amy Pond as well, but Natalia looked much more like Clara. I do have a hot redhead in my "Ashley's Revenge" series named Lindsey that would warrant her own spin-off, she'd make a perfect Amelia Pond!

Thanks for reading and commenting!

TallMarriedManTallMarriedManover 7 years agoAuthor
onlythelonelylove - YES!

My first two thoughts when thinking about incorporating Dr. Who into the story was either Romana or Leela. Tom Baker is my first, and favorite, Doctor so you may see references pop up in future stories.

Thanks for reading and commenting!

TallMarriedManTallMarriedManover 7 years agoAuthor
bruce22 - Give Who A Try

Doctor Who is not for everyone, and each incarnation is a bit different. I still have a fondness for earlier Who where the special effects were nearly non-existent but the new reboot has had some spectacular moments. Each new Doctor brings a bit of a different spin to the show, which has been around over 50 years now.

Thanks for reading and for your comments on the story, glad you liked it!

TallMarriedManTallMarriedManover 7 years agoAuthor
dreamer3366 - Thanks!

I did question for a moment including Doctor Who as I'm sure there are plenty of Lit readers who have no idea the show exists but I hope I explained it well enough and they found the cosplay to be a fun scene no matter what!

Thanks for reading and commenting!

TallMarriedManTallMarriedManover 7 years agoAuthor
PearDrop3 - You are correct!

You are absolutely correct on the allons-y quote being Tennant's, I admit I was taking liberties because Natalia looked so much like Clara and I love the allons-y (French saying that translates to "let's go") line as it worked so good in the story. I should have known a Whovian would point out the contradiction!

Thanks for reading and commenting!

MbgdallasMbgdallasover 7 years ago
Enjoyed the story

But it needed more pain from the wife and more explaining about just how much she had been up to. I want to see her cry more for what she lost.

TallMarriedManTallMarriedManover 7 years agoAuthor
bayoux - Leela, yes!

Tom Baker was the first Doctor Who I ever saw, and if I remember right Leela was the companion. I remember at the time, even though I was only around 12 years old that my jaw hit the floor.

I was not thinking about this story continuing, but I suppose it could be fun to follow Scott and Natalia for a while and see what they get into now that they're free to travel the world and geek out together!

I hope the Tardis does deliver Leela to you for your birthday, what an adventure that would be!

Thanks for reading and commenting!

BriteaseBriteaseover 7 years ago
I remember

The very, very, very first episode of Dr Who, way back in the middle sixties, with William Hartnell! That might make me old, but it's all relative. Star trek and all the others simply don't compare. I have ..... sorry if this makes other effectianadoes (????) jealous, been inside and operated an original Dalek, that the TV company leant our university (Loughborough), for our rag week. Apologies to those who this may sound like gobbledygook to, but to those who know, then they will understand!

LostnFoundBinLostnFoundBinover 7 years ago
Sooo many perfect hits...

Would have given it 6 stars but 5 is all I get.

Well written, fun, great characters.

Dr Who references fantastic

Hitchhikers Guide another win

Fuck the Cubs - was a great line and I can understand why an LA guy whose still burning about Kershaw's final game failure would make him say this in context of the story -- but here in the windy city we are all still high from our win and refuse to let it go

No sweater from the Great One has ever been ridiculed in Chicago - sure maybe in Detroit but we all hate those "hockey town" bastards but never in Chicago - again the contextual LA reference makes it the only one he should wearing from that team - excellent work

I absolutely enjoyed reading this,

jsmangisjsmangisover 7 years ago
Great Story, F*ck the Cubs, I'm a White Sox Fan

Excellent story with great SciFi references. The ending was priceless!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Cheater's Paradise

Let me say that this was a very fine, and well crafted story. Thank you very much for your efforts. The ideas of incorporating so much Dr. Who stuff in it? Well for a pretty large target audience here, no one can say that it was poor judgement. This story worked on many levels. I sincerely think you should be proud of your results.

Many Anons here fall into a trap of trying to use the comments section as a way of telling the author what they SHOULD have done. Still, many do manage to find a way to tactfully offer a suggestion of what MIGHT have been done. I think if a reader reads a story and THINKS "oh, well it should have been this or..." even " I would have enjoyed it more if was that...", I think an author CAN use that as reference for a future project, or NOT! Really, it is up to the writers to actually do the writing.

I often vacillate back and forth on the idea of whether anyone would be interested in what "I" would have done with this plotline. But really it doesn't matter if "I" am not the one writing it.

That said, there IS something intrinsic about art, in that it is at its best when it inspires.

And I think a reader does the author a favor when they let them know, that their work has inspired them to think deeper about these events, and how they might have handled them. Whether in real life, OR even just in the prose of the fiction world.

I want to say that your writing of the characters (probably the hardest aspect of penning these stories) was good enough that after reading, I felt that I could come up with my own alternate narrative, and STILL manage to (I feel) stay "inside" of the framework of the characters as provided. Upon completion of the 5 pages, I went out for a reflectionary smoke, and started to reimagine the conversation at the hotel when Nat becomes his birthday present. I also re-imagined the final confrontation scene at Lisa's office.

But I ALSO realized it isn't nearly as important to let you or others know how I had altered it more geared towards my personal tastes; but rather simply to inform you of the generated effect of the inspiration I felt to spend even just a little more time with the ideas of this story well after the fact.

Thanks again. It could well have been done differently, but probably not done much better.

Hope to read more from you soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good, but ...

A good story, and you're a great writer, but the story line about 2/3rds the way through left me a bit. When Natalie showed up at the hotel room door, and explained that she was his gift for the weekend, my response would have been to get extremely pissed. His Wife blew him off again (even if it was really a trip to vegas), and he never reacted to that. That response didn't seem real to me.

Otherwise, good story. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
You Needed

Just to describe that some more time passed before he became so attracted to another woman while he was still in love with his wife. By doing so, his decision to leave Lisa would be more believable. Just as with your Ashley series, don't rush the key parts to have the story work--could have shown us some violent tendency in that series in both of his ladies.

soldierboy50401soldierboy50401over 7 years ago
I don't give 5 starts very often...

...but I gotta give five big ones to a guy who can incorporate a Doctor Who theme as a background to the story and manage not to make your protagonist an emasculated wimp! I'll even ignore the obvious setup that Lisa was undoubtedly fucking one or more bosses or coworkers. Overall, a thoroughly entertaining tale! FYI, I may or may not have a bumper sticker on my truck that says, "My Other Car Is A Tardis"!!!

GuentharGuentharover 7 years ago
Greatest Story On Here In Quite A While

5* if for nothing else than it said, "FUCK THE CUBS!" four times!!!

AyreGuardAyreGuardover 7 years ago
Well written

I believe you could be an accomplished writer if you so chose to pursue this passion. The ending, while still climatic, was slightly predictable. By repeatedly explaining the long unrealistic hours and her passion to further her career it became apparent she was having an affair. The great misleading feature was the hint of her allowing him this gift on his birthday and the stray thought that she too found Natalia attractive and a threesome might occur. Next time, makes the clues less obvious and the misdirection more reasonable. Throw in the idea that Lisa may have experimented prior to meeting and marrying him. Just a thought.

kimi1990kimi1990over 7 years ago
A singularly nasty turn

Very unlikable characters, dirty tricks pulled all the way around and no redeeming qualities at all.

It is written well enough, but the characters are all so despicable that I couldn't enjoy it. I need someone to like in a story, and that was not provided here. Five stars for being cleanly written. Subtract two stars for being about unpleasant characters. Three is generous, in my opinion.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 7 years ago
I like this story.

I wondered if all of his wife's weekend working was legit. Turns out they weren't.

The story worked well.

Actually, I'd like to know what happens next, please?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
You ended it as he caught Lisa , piss poor ending

You created this adultery so he can leave with Natalia , what a crock. He cheated , so they would break up . But two wrongs don't justify this ending. He is 40 and Natalia is 25 good luck on there future. Is there going to be kids, the age gap and her so called perfect 10 body never found her future husband. A little weak in the plot dept.

Impo_64Impo_64over 7 years ago
Will he trust his new lover?

Will he trust his new lover? A woman capable of using all those tricks to deceive him to fuck her? And this woman working closely to his wife didn't know or guessed she was cheating with their boss? Really? a story with 5 pages and we didn't learnt almost nothig about any of the characters? A lot of talk about an english TV serie from 1963, Dr. Who, as it could have been about "The Avengers" or "Space: 1999". It's good for the fans to remember, but it brings nothing to the story. For me there is no need for a part 2... 2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
This is a great story.

Really a good read. Keep em cumming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
WELL DONE!

Thanks for your time energy, imagination, and writing skills. This one of the more creative bits in Loving Wives. Enjoyed your work. Please stay with it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

A friend of mine had a similar situation but he wasn't lucky enough to land the 25 year old hottie. The wife was working late more and more so he decided to surprise her on a Friday night.bring her dinner at the office. He walked into her bent over the desk with her boss pounding her from behind while pulling her hair. It was a bad scene as he beat the shit out of the naked boss, she got hit in the process trying to stop him . She begged his forgiveness but he couldn't stay with her . He told her every day he's known her was now in question and that she probably fucks everyone at the job . . It took him years to recover, her also . He told everyone they knew a showed a few pics he snapped.He tried for a law suit but it did nothing but cause a divorce for the boss and a loss of their jobs which he was happy with

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
4*s

Really a very enjoyable and entertaining story.

I believe this is only the 2nd cheater story that includes science fiction as a part of the character's lives. The icing on the cake is the "When Harry met Sally" reference, the conundrum, wow that's nice💑. Gave you an extra * for all of that.

Dialogue was snappy and smooth. Character's motivation were clear and remained true. TallMarriedMan you could have spent a bit more time writing about him and his wife Lisa. Consider the fact, together since High school, married since college, and he is ready to dump the marriage after a few months at a new job in a new town. What's the problem, you can't afford some patience! He really was coming out as a selfish, asshole of a spouse. Scum of the earth💩. Many the LW story has the wife cheat, after the husband get a change at his job. Suddenly, for 6 months or so he must concentrate on work to a greater degree than she thought is normal. I was expecting that, with the exception of changing the genders. He was looking as a cheater to me. I don't care what she said I call my wife and hear it from the horse's mouth directly, sort of speak,lol!

Gave you 4*s. Left me with questions, why did Lisa cheat after so many years❓ Why was he selfish, impatient about her job❓ Why no children❓

Thank you for the fun read TallMarriedMan. Catch you on your next post👍.

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Needs more development.

I think you could have developed Susan's character much more.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
Basically read like a Stangstar story with fresh Dr.Who trope substituted for Mustang

Dudley Do-right narrator trades up for younger fresher female companion add ND divests self of neglectful cheating spouse who was his match only in chronological age. It was a ballsy move by TallMarriedMan to use novel Dr.Who angle. Well played. He hit his targeted demographic very well, judging by preponderance of favorable reviews in very tuff genre.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Well Done

You slowly but moved directly into your main plot. Characters very well rounded out and the story unfolded beautifully. Great job. Thanks for sharing. BK

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Fun

As always i love reading your work 5* all day

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago
Enjoyed it

But the characters were a bit shallow. The cheating wife aside, hubby jumps into bed with the assistant and is ready to divorce his wife because she is working too much. He feels bad he cheated, but in the next breath decides to leave his wife. It doesn't jive. There were no heated confrontations or arguments leading up to his effortless disconnect from his wife. In fact, weren't they making passionate love up to that point? In hindsight, her cheating justifies it all, but the story didn't unfold in hindsight.

WittonWittonover 7 years ago
spelling, suspension of disbelief, character non-development

Does the author know what "hors d'ouvre" means? Literally it is translated as "outside the work" The "h" is not sounded, nor is the "s"

A high echelon corporate officer gets a blowjob from a subordinate where they can be observed by the husband- yeah, right. The author just wanted to finish the story. The story is filled with unlikely happenings, but this one takes the prize.

The characters are stereotypical beautiful people. The Dr Who bit does serve as character development - assuming one knows or cares the slightest bit about the genre

The author's fans seem to believe that repeated servings of stroke material more than adequately substitutes for plot development. Good for them, and him. For me the story earned the lowest possible rating that the grading algorithm permits

TallMarriedManTallMarriedManover 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks Witton

Thanks for being the second person to point out that I spelled 1 word out of 17,487 words incorrectly. I Googled the spelling I used, found over 63,000 results so I figured it was an acceptable abbreviation. I'm not sure why you quesion if I know what the word MEANS because I spelled it incorrectly, it was used properly, was it not?

The ending was appropriate, the BJ was happening in an empty office on a Sunday afternoon, neither the wife nor boss was expecting anyone else to be there. Could the ending have been longer, sure, but then again a short story has to end at some point and this one is longer than a LOT of stories here on LIT.

One common thing I see people complain about here on Lit is the fact that the stories are "filled with unlikely happenings" as Witton put it. Isn't that the point of most fiction and especially that of Literotica? I like writing the stories as a bit over the top, if you don't like that you don't have to read them.

Thanks for the comments, though. I will certainly try to have less than the 0.0057% misspelled words in my next submission.

TallMarriedManTallMarriedManover 7 years agoAuthor
Impo_64 - Question of trust...

I specifically did not have Natalia use the, "your wife is cheating on you," angle to get Scott to fall for her. Did she know that his wife was cheating? I would think she did, but it's left to your interpretation.

Natalia really only used one "trick" to get Scott, pretending to be his wife's gift to him. Was it extreme? Sure, but I think it put an interesting angle on the story as Scott got a free pass, at least for a time.

Yes, there was a lot of sci-fi references in the story, but that just happened to be what the characters were interested in. Sorry it didn't "float your boat" as they say.

Thanks for reading and commenting!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Fun read

Wife Had too know she was close to getting caught. She was on borrowed time the birthday bit was the last straw. Getting caught in the act like that priceless.

Now the bit with her pa another dumb move she was so busy fucking her way to the top she had no clew was moving in her replacement. Natalia did not have to rat her out all she had to do was wait. In the matter of the weekend if she had set it up like the wife wanted it would have been over faster.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Jimmy Choo's?

Loved the story, but that little bit stuck out. What man would know the shoes were Jimmy Choo's unless he worked in the fashion industry?

TallMarriedManTallMarriedManabout 7 years agoAuthor
RE: Jimmy Choo's

While I would agree that most men wouldn't be able to pick a pair of Jimmy Choo's out of a lineup, I have found that a lot of women who buy Jimmy Choo's love to talk about Jimmy Choo's, especially to their friends. Sometimes guys are around to pick up on that information.

With that said, I always do my best to add details to the story and throwing the Jimmy Choo brand in there was sure to perk up any female readers' ears and even guys that never heard of the brand would get that Jimmy Choo was a brand.

I'm glad you liked the story, thanks for reading and commenting!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 7 years ago
Good

I enjoyed the story. I didn't really see the cheating wife thing coming. I know Jimmy Choo shoes and I'm a 70 year old, average, straight, white guy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I Gave you a 4

It could have been a 5 but you made the husband so stupid you took it away from yourself.

No way would I put up with the wifes shit. What he did at the end he should have done about the second week. Then call the movers and move all HIS shit and him back to LA.

Suggestion. Give hubby some balls as well as size of cock. You write good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
shame really

there was a really good cheating wife story behind all the fantasy crap.

your writing is nice to read, but real life situations beat this fantasy stuff hands down.

if you re wrote this story purely as a betrayal and BTB or RAAC story it would be a winner.

5 points though because i like the characters and there is a good story behind it.

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17about 7 years ago
I Didn't Really Like This

I was pretty sure that Lisa was having a strong affair with Tom. But, still, it felt like she was pimping Natalie.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Awesome

Loved the writing. A story really worth reading through. I especially appreciated the character development part. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Creative

5 stars for the Who-vian universe!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

5* And i hate si-fi

CeasarBoobageCeasarBoobagealmost 7 years ago
Moar!

How come I can't choose more than five stars?!?

I need a chapter two.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Loved it! Birds of a feather ...

5-stars! BRILLIANT!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Suspicions

I thought authors needed good people behavioural observation skills so why did Scott not red flag:

# Lisa's excessive and increasing working hours;

# Lisa not making bookings for the game;

# Lisa bailing out and readily offering the stunning Natalia as her substitute - personally I would have thought I was being set-up;

# Lisa working late after she had specifically left home early so that she could be home for Scott's milestone birthday;

# Lisa's absence at the hotel (e.g. I would have wanted to know what she was doing regardless of her hand written note.) - again I would have thought I was being set-up - if something is too good to be true then is usually isn't;

I think shock and anger not laughter would be the normal reaction on finding your wife of some 20 years giving a blow job - particularly if you hadn't already suspected something was going on. From talking with people over my many years who have been in a similar situation I would say that would be a typical reaction. I also felt Natalia's presence at the office on a Sunday evening was contrived and unexplained.

Whilst the story was reasonably well written with good dialogue - I felt that it read a bit like a teenage fantasy rather than real life so could only give 3* - sorry

Like Britease I too remember the original 1963 Dr. Who series with William Hartnell.

TallMarriedManTallMarriedManover 6 years agoAuthor
Re; Suspicions

First off, thanks for the comments. Love hearing them. Thanks for reading also! In response to what you said, authors should have good observational skills, CHARACTERS, however don't have to have them. They are often fairly flawed human beings.

One criticism I'll never understand here on Lit, and I've seen it across most author's works, is that the story isn't realistic enough. Forgive me, but I thought a big reason to delve into fiction of all sorts was to suspend reality for a while. If you want reality, this probably isn't the best place to get it. The work is meant as a fantasy and I hope that Natalia would fit the bill for adults and teenagers alike!

As to why Nat was in the office on the Sunday was she knew where Scott was headed and probably knew what he would find. While I don't specifically cover it in the story, I would have to believe that Natalia knew why Scott's wife was "working" all of those late nights.

Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What a croc

Hubby is a total shit and hypocrite twat, personally wife better off finding a real man. Good riddance to a wanker with an over inflated ego and to think he can hook up with a self confessed good time girl. She'll be fucking other real men the whole time leading dumb ass along. Good luck nimtod.

VenustasVenustasover 6 years ago
Re Suspicions

Hi TMM

I generally agree with anon 09/08/17 comments - but read the author comment as referring to your character Scott who was a professional writer. It is therefore a valid comment that Scott should have observational skills.

There had been no prior mention of Sunday working let alone working Sunday evening. Scott only found out about Lisa being at the office after leaving Nat so there is no logic in Nat turning up at the office without any explanation and yes it does look contrived. Had it been a normal working day then it would have been fine but being out of the ordinary makes it stick out like a sore thumb and detracts from the story giving the impression that you were bored and just wanted to wrap it up. I suspect that this is why Anon felt it read like a teenage fantasy.

Your comment about it all being a fantasy and your not understanding general comments about stories not being realistic. Doesn't your observation tell you something?

Yes it is all fantasy - but it is your job as an author to bring your characters to life and make them appear real as possible. To that end you probably have created character profiles for each of your main characters that includes their attitudes and objectives. I suspect you haven't created character time-lines with events, and consequences that effect the direction of your story.

I too think Scott's reaction would be anger rather than laughter as it brings to mind an incident that occurred a few years ago when I was about Nat's age.

I was at a party chatting to a guy who was about ten years older when a passing woman gave him a really hefty punch in the stomach. When I asked him what that was all about he said that was my hypocritical wife - she thinks everyone is like her and can't be trusted - she probably sees you as a threat. How come I asked. Oh - she is having some sort of affair - she disappeared at 9:30 this morning and didn't reappear until 5:00 this afternoon. I said surely that being the case she would over compensate and ignore anything you were doing. He said logically you would think so but it doesn't work like that. You see your spouse with someone else and any guilt you may have goes out of your mind - you will find that its a very typical reaction. I was gobsmacked - all we were doing was talking - I don't think we had even flirted - he was a really nice guy.

These comments TMM are meant to be constructive by telling you what doesn't work and why. I am not trying to put you down or telling you your story has taken the wrong direction - it is your story and that is up to you.

I hope you find this helpful - Ven

@Anon: What a croc -

WTF are you going on about - what story are you commenting on or are you just commenting without reading? I'm sure you wouldn't want a wife like Lisa so I can only guess that you're trying to tell your own story.

VenustasVenustasover 6 years ago
Whoops

My previous comment should state that I generally agree with Anon 09/03/17 and not Anon 09/08/17 - sorry - put it down to posting at 2 am and the reverse US numerical dates.

No way could I agree with anon 09/08/17 troll.

TallMarriedManTallMarriedManover 6 years agoAuthor
Re; Suspicions

Ven, your comments are appreciated. I'm still not sure why the "Sunday working" is such a hurdle for some readers. Let's walk through this.

Scott & Natalia leave the hotel and go their separate ways. Natalia knows that Scott is going to confront his wife.

Scott goes home and finds out that his wife is working. Since this is a 1st person story we don't see what happens to Nat at the same time. Scott's wife doesn't know that Nat is off at a hotel fucking her hubby. I think it's more than possible that Nat received multiple calls from Scott's wife wanting to know where she is or telling her that she'll be working the weekend. Throughout the story we've talked about Scott's wife working late hours and weekends, not sure why this Sunday is shocking to anyone.

If I had to write Natalia's part that happened after leaving the hotel it would be voicemails from Scott's wife saying she wanted her to come in to work. Natalia knows that Scott will find out about this so she decides to go to the office.

In regards to Scott's reaction, I stand by it. People handle stressful situations in different ways. He was conflicted about deciding to break up his marriage so finding his wife fucking her boss just showed him how funny it was that he was worried about ending things.

Thanks again for the comments, thanks for reading!

VenustasVenustasover 6 years ago
Re: Re Suspicions

The day after the party Scott expressed surprise at Lisa going into work on a Saturday - establishing in my mind that weekend work was not the norm. That being the case Sunday evening working is even more unlikely. As for Nat being called into the office - I don't buy it. Lisa would hardly call Nat in if she were screwing the boss - or she wouldn't be screwing the boss if she was expecting Nat. The only conclusion here is that Nat nor anyone else was expected.

As for reaction - yes people do respond differently but suddenly finding your wife in that situation will result in raw primeval rage and shock blanking out rational thinking. Remember you had them in a loving relationship when they were last together.

Yes you do need unusual coincidences to make stories work but there is a fine line where over doing it looks contrived. You already had one coincidence with Scott turning up and catching them and I feel that Nat turning up as well crosses that line - sorry.

I am not alone with this thought and Literotica readers do pick up on this type of thing and do mark down.

I'm afraid we will have to agree to disagree on this - and hope it is something you will think on for future stories.

Meanwhile keep on writing.

Regards Ven.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 6 years ago
Nice fantasy

Who cares about believability!

"One thing is consistent though (about Doctor Who) and this is why the show is so beloved by geeks and nerds —

It's all about the triumph of intellect and romance over brute force and cynicism!"

Russell Davies

boatbummboatbummover 6 years ago
Loved The Ending

Even though it was totally predictable -- no spouse who gives a crap about their marriage "works" so many nights and weekends, and blowing off his 40th birthday was the final straw, IMO. Lisa had to be fucking someone at work, and her boss would be candidate #1!

Very nicely done, and even though all the Doctor Who references mean nothing to me, Allons-y!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
reality

Utterly confused by ''reality'' complaints.

Take classic Count of Monte Cristo

Can you honestly state anything in that story had any part that was ''likely to happen''

Husband's laughter-I would certainly burst out laughing at myself for any feelings of guilt and all the self-induced worry I experienced about informing my wife I was leaving.

Not to mention, laughing out of pure joy that I just won lottery

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@lordslammdawgg

Nothing about ths story mirrors StangStar's style. Nothing emulates his character naming nor his generally outrageous humor.

Not sure where narrator was stumbling bumbling idiot like Dudley.

When Natalia showed up as present I was convinced I had mis-read wife. Early in story I pegged her for cheater-to long at office.

But when Nat appeared I thought wife would be joining party, then realized I was reliving past experience when my girlfriend showed up for my birthday with lsd's ex wrapped up in a bow and a raincoat and video camera running

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
why would she

Wife has very tall buff husband who screws her like no other yet so she being bright girl she is moves half-way across country and immediately takes up with weak jawed limp wristed boss.

Not to mention husband is extremely wealthy.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 6 years ago
Hum

Well over all it was a better story than Ashley’s Revenge. That story got to the point it was just repeating itself from one chapter to the next.

Sinhalaboy97Sinhalaboy97over 6 years ago
A too much common end

The story was fantastic and mind blowing upto the point that he caught Lisa cheating with her boss.

It was better to put him in the situation of explaining Lisa that their life is fucked up and he wants somebody who spends more time with him. I was waiting to see how he would explain that to her. But your ending disappointed me!

Isn't it unnatural that Natalia doesn't know about Tom's and Lisa's affair?

Anyway well written. So I gave 4 stars.

TallMarriedManTallMarriedManabout 6 years agoAuthor
@Sinhalaboy97

Why would you assume that Natalia didn't know about the wife's affair? The joy of the first-person narrative is that we only know what the main character knows. In my mind, I believe that Natalia did know about the affair. It would explain her going full-force after Lisa's husband, she just didn't want to be the one to tell him that she was cheating on him.

Thank you for reading and thank you for the comments!

Seeker1107Seeker1107about 6 years ago
Good story

I thought that the wife would join them. I mean seriously, she blew him off on his 40th birthday? However, the ending needs more. Going off like that, wife feels no pain, no loss, no nothing. Write a second chapter, and maybe add in the wife’s POV as well as Natalie. She had to have known that his wife was cheating. Not exactly a great foundation to build a relationship on.

Thanks for the offering, it’s definitely a 4*, would be a 5 if you added more at the end. I’ll reserve voting to see if you add more or change the ending a bit.

BoomerbillBoomerbillabout 6 years ago
Gratuitous use of “fuck?”

Yes, it’s Lit so lots of sex, but use of “f” word in conversation, rather than passion, seems out of context and pandering only to titillate.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 6 years ago
Even without him finding her blowing her boss...

and even without him having sex with Natalia, their marriage was over...

His fortieth birthday and his wife gives him a present but can't be bothered to show...?

Even finding out Natalia would be his present, without his wife, it was no different than a wealthy man giving his wife a diamond bracelet because he couldn't be bothered to show up for anything she figured was important.

All the rest was just fluff...

Of course, I have to wonder why this exceptional assistant had no clue her boss was cheating with her boss... hmmm?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Re: Ambivalence

"I have to wonder why this exceptional assistant had no clue her boss was cheating with her boss"

I think she knew. Some Natalia quotes:

"But it is a good marriage?"

"She just doesn't deserve you"

My impression was that she made her play for the husband, because she knew the wife was cheating on him. Tallmarriedman set her up as the "perfect" replacement for the wife and I doubt that would include her willfully trying to break up the marriage if the wife hadn't ruined it already. Just my humble opinion, but it seemed to fit the story.

Anyway, 5 stars, loved it!

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 5 years ago
Good Stuff

I really got caught up in your story. Characters and time line were right on point. Top marks from me. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well done, but it could use a second chance

So the husband gets a laugh out of his wife's so cliche affair, after he had a remarkable fuck filled weekend himself. He gets the girl, heads to LA.

Suppose the wife has an epiphany when she gets home to an empty house. She chases him back to LA, hot hot hot threeway ensues, he winds up with BOTH women... Throw in a spite fuck w her boss's really hot horny trophy wife, or maybe his wife's very stacked mom...there's a lot to work with here.

IwannadoitnowIwannadoitnowover 5 years ago
Amazing

You must have used the word, “amazing” a hundred times. It went from annoying to just awful. If you are over 16 and writing for adults, kindly talk like an adult. I also caught an “awesome” in there too. Sheeez!

The story was also about twice as long as need be.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Write a sequel... Turn it into a series even

The other user was right in that this has a lot of potential, i also want Scott to hate fuck the bosses wife...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
THE RIGHT AUDIENCE

First, some comments on the comments.

If asked what is Jimmy Choo, I could not have told you. But within the story, it immediately made perfect sense with no explanation.

At the end, he comes to tell his wife it's the end, feeling guilty about HIS cheating, only to come up on HER cheating. This strikes him as so incongruous that it's laughably funny. As I was reading, without thinking about it, it seemed appropriate. After the comments made me think about it, it still seemed appropriate.

I may have watched some Dr. Who episodes back circa. 1980. Unsure. Nevertheless the Dr, Who references were not familiar to me. However they added to the story since it represented common ground for Scott and Natalie. People have interests that I do not. Sometimes I want to learn about their interest. Sometimes not.

This brings up my main point -- niche marketing. Literotica itself is a niche market. Lots of people are not interested (I hope my wife never finds out I am). Within Literotica, there are many niches, represented somewhat by the categories. Within the category Loving Wives, there is the niche of those who want to read about a cuckold in panties and dress, serving his wife and lover who make fun of him as a wimpy, no-balls inadequate man. Me? It's REPUGNANT! I would rather read a well-told, reasonable reconciliation tale. Apparently there are some who think ANY reconciliation is repugnant. My point is that readers and authors would help themselves by just enjoying their niche and let others be. So I try to stay away from degrading cuckold, S/M (I do not even understand wanting to be spanked), guys dressing/acting like women. BDSM. I don't need to get involved in those niches, since there are thousands of stories on Literotica in niches that I do enjoy. (Although when I occasionally inadvertently stumble onto one of these repugnant stories, I sometimes let them have it in a bad rating and maybe in the comments --especially if a misguided description fooled me into reading their story.) Writers are all writing for a niche audience (they are on Literotica after all). Maybe some writer wants to write to Whovians. I bet there's a corresponding niche audience. Do not apologize for your niche. Recognize some will not get it and scathe you in the comments. But they are not your niche audience. Me? I'm happy someone is writing to my niches. This well-written story was close enough for me to give it 5 stars. Evidently there are plenty who agree with me. It takes a very good story to get one favorite per thousand views. This story received nearly twice that. Also, the best Loving Wives authors seldom get the red H (it's the category). This story easily surpassed that. Kudos.

As to some of the other comments, there are too many nitpicking about what makes fantasy fantasy.

Paul in Oklahoma

Cunninglinguist97Cunninglinguist97over 5 years ago
Loved it

I loved this story and the development between Natalia and the MC but I was really hoping the wife wasn't cheating and instead really was just working alot I don't think it would work as well but that's what I was hoping for.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I'm a whovian

Glad to find another fellow whovian. I'm not so thrilled about the story though but I did enjoyed every Dr Who reference as the proud nerd I am.

calgarycamperscalgarycampersover 5 years ago
I tried

But my wife would not let me call the new dog K9. She knew the reference. So I called it D4 (D FOR DOG )

Great story.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 5 years ago
Well written story

About a group of degenerates.

The characters were absolute scum, shame.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

I just reread this story and it's still fantastic on a second read through!

It's clear that his marriage to Lisa was a bit rocky even before they moved to Chicago. Scott was hoping to have a fresh start in a new city and Lisa immediately threw herself into her career and started sleeping with the boss to get promoted. But way before that, you can tell there were problems...

1) the wife was dismissive of his job before he out-earned her

2) the wife mocked his interest in sci-fi and made no effort to share it

3) Same goes for his interest in sports (specifically hockey)

4) they don't have any kids

It's obvious that they were a bad fit and were drifting apart for years. Then a stunningly beautiful young woman appears in his life, who is attracted to him, and loves all the same things he does. He's just turning 40, so is in mid-life crisis mode... I can absolutely see Scott falling head over heels in love with Natalia. When his perfect fantasy woman turned up at his hotel, wrapped up and ready for him... I can see why he readily believes her story!

Oh, and he laughed at the end, because he was feeling nervous and guilty about asking Lisa for a divorce. When he found out she'd been cheating on him, it was such a relief to no longer feel guilty, he laughed at the situation. If he hadn't fallen for Natalia, he would have been angry and heartbroken at his wife's betrayal, but now he's got a massive upgrade in Natalia and Lisa is screwing some pathetic older guy... it was quite an amusing situation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Still waiting for Swedishreader1 to come up with something, ANYTHING that sounds like something other than unintelligible drivel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Unfeal

So he just laughs at the person he has lived with and loved for years. No emotion, no sense of loss, or betrayal, and no recriminations. Would this really have happened in real life? No why, how long etc. Needs a better conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
right

on powersworder, you got it pegged exactly right.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Pretty Good Story

I was disappointed at the ending, though. After four and a half pages of a well-told and interesting story the ending came off, to me, anyway, as just a “wham bam, thank you ma’am” effort. He catches his wife blowing her boss and his first thought is to immediately run off to London with his new “girlfriend”? Riiight.

TallMarriedManTallMarriedManabout 5 years agoAuthor
Yes - Powersworder has it right

It seems I may have not written the ending to this story as well as I could have as some readers are feeling it was an abrupt or unbelievable ending. Powersworder eloquently posted what my vision for the ending was.

Scott had definitely fallen for Natalia. Once he knew what had happened in the hotel room, that the gift wasn't from his wife, he felt guilty. He also realized that what he had with his wife was not working so he decided to go tell her that it was over. It wasn't going to be an easy conversation but instead, he found his wife with her boss. How could he be upset about that at that point in time? He was going there to tell her it was over. Her screwing her boss saved him from an awkward conversation and the guilt of wanting and having Natalia all melted away in one quick moment. Who wouldn't laugh at that predicament?

Thanks to everyone for reading the story, all of your comments and votes are truly appreciated. Please check out my new SexGames series, it's in Sci-Fi but it's another fun cheating husband story and is one I believe even non-Sci-Fi fans will enjoy! Cheers!

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 5 years ago
I love sci-fi

Not a Dr. Who fan myself but I liked the story. I remember reading this quite a while ago but for some reason, I didn't rate it?

4* easy. Solid romance wrapped in LW format.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
And this

Is the perfect example of vote score manipulation by the admin.

Absolutely no way no how the loving wives readers give this a 4.7

swedishreader1swedishreader1about 5 years ago

It,s not strange that DetroitRockCity thinks my comment is "drivel"

He has difficulty with the English language as is clearly evident in his absolutely pathetic attempt at story telling.

TallMarriedManTallMarriedManabout 5 years agoAuthor
Love Anon Comments That Hurl Accusations

"Absolutely no way no how the loving wives readers give this a 4.7"

I hate to break it to the person that wrote this comment but people don't stay in a category here on Literotica. I post in the Sci-Fi, Mature, and Romance section as well and have readers that have sampled all of them.

If you don't like the story, that's fine. I've long stopped trying to petition the folks that run the site to add a "Cheating Husbands" category as stories like this don't have a good fit here. It seems some people think the category should determine the score a story gets, I believe the quality of the story should determine that.

Thanks to everyone else for reading and commenting!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

While a decent enough story a little pissed off the hubby didnt get some measure of revenge. I mean she stood him up on his 40th birthday to cheat on him. If that was me they would be sharing a hospital room.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great Great Story

Read Sex Games which induced me to try your other works. Just finished this one and I loved it. Very well done and I will read it again. You are one of a small number of authors that I would re-read their stories!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTallMarriedMan@TallMarriedMan
►►► DESIRING JORDYN ◄◄◄ A married man is tempted by his son's girlfriend. Brand new story ONLY on Patreon. http://patreon.com/tallmarriedman ►►► SUPPORT MY WORK ON PATREON ◄◄◄ If you like my stories, please consider supporting our work! Those that donate get early access t...

SIMILAR Stories