All Comments on 'The Bitch'

by Todd172

Sort by:
  • 147 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What's with the present tense?

The present tense got boring real quick so after the first few paragraphs I just skipped to the end. I don't know who the bitch was or if the author told us and I really don't care anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Liked it.

This one was a little different and I liked it. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
That was disturbing

Good, but darker than the pit of hell. Too dark to enjoy, really. Maybe next time. Only a three this time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Possible Borderline Personality Disorder?

was the wife the bitch

Vandemonium1Vandemonium1over 7 years ago
Well, that was different.

Refreshingly so. What a love story. Well done mate.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 7 years ago
Fascinating

What a tease! Kept me riveted till the very end. Quite a dynamic. Thanks

vazkor13vazkor13over 7 years ago
just....

Fantastic... a riveting story

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago
Not to be annoying....

Is this how you plan to write every story, as if it is a secret unfolding? An interesting writing device, but doing it every time, in all your stories, is getting annoying. It ceases to be clever, and simply comes across as formulaic.

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 7 years ago
Dude

I hate to sound like one of those sycophantic fanboys, but you write circles around most (if not all) of us here. I don't know where you came from, but I thank you for sharing your talent with us. Once again, you managed to tell a complex story in only two pages. I'm in awe.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 7 years ago
There are so many people who live this type of life

with a badly damaged spouse or even a sibling or a parent.

A true, 5* story.

Thank you.

luedonluedonover 7 years ago
We'll await the next episode

When she visits in three years' time.

That was cleverly constructed, as were the earlier stories. Drbeamer advised caution with over-using the same device with too many stories and I agree. But each individual story remains good.

Lue

miscacc201501miscacc201501over 7 years ago
Can't commend you enough on this story.

Got an inkling, about a fourth of the way in, about the direction the story was headed but couldn't decide between depression and BPD till the end.

I love stories that deal with disorders from a romantic aspect. Tx Tall Tales' M&M Kisses comes to mind. As do A Little Love and 21 Miles East of Quartzsite. Favouriting your story because of the same reason.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow

Just amazing. Up until the confrontation, I assumed the Bitch was a sister in law. Just well done.

Now to go read everything else you've written

markellymarkellyover 7 years ago
Great Work.

This held me throughout. It's not often I read the same story twice in a day but yours was up their. A dammed good read and thank you for posting it

SelqSelqover 7 years ago
Another excellent story.

Showing the battle of mental illness through the eyes of a loved one is a difficult task. The unknown reasons for it just make it that more realistic. Twenty years of fighting "The Bitch" shows a strength of character and love, in both of them, that is hard to find.

I feel envious of their love and sadness for the constant battles they have to fight. That alone shows your gift as a writer and storyteller. When a story that would be considered great, if written by another, is just something that we readers expect coming from you, it shows the standard of excellence that you've set and continue to achieve with each story.

5 stars and waiting anxiously for your next story. Thank you for writing.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 7 years ago
When I watched "Fight Club"

I had no idea what was going on until the end exposed it. With this story, I was able to determine what was going on before it ended. I am not certain that all of the clues were accurate, but I'll accept it for the most part. I am a little confused at why the wife knew how to quell the heat in her mouth but the bitch did not. Knowledge and memory were retained by the bitch, or so it seemed. I would guess that in her role as the bitch, she needed to suffer. This story shows an interest and effort to leave the straight and narrow of boilerplate LW stories and that is to be commended! Good job.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Thoughts

As usual I'm writing these as I go, so somethings may be over-taken by future events.

I know it's a deliberate tease, and you'll tell us later, but it's killing me why they put up with her if they can't stand her!

"My wife watches with silent, bladed, mirth" - "bladed"? I don't understand its use in this context,

"I blender more garlic in with the water" - Are you using a blender? That seems odd here, it seem like it should be "I blend" or even better, "I mix."

Well, you got me! I won't give it away for anyone who reads comments first, but you definitely had me fooled!

Nice job!

patilliepatillieover 7 years ago
Didnt work fully for me

I make it a point to stay away from folks with mental illness, so sorry for those that are married and it takes up residence sometime after. We take our promise of

"for better or worse" seriously and i have seen spouses struggle with this and it is brutal. that said, parts of your story dont seem to make sense, as in the wife's duality of conciouness as both sane and bitch.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@Drneamer3333

Maybe I'm obtuse (likely?) but I don't see all of Todd172's stories being like this.

In any case, aren't we all always asking for stories that are "different"? This certainly fits the bill!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
SUCKED!

SUCKED JOES DICK.AND THAT SAYS SUMTIN

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I did not see that coming.

LaRascasseLaRascasseover 7 years ago
I liked it enough to give 4 stars

Well... the big twist was quite easy guess from page 1 itself. Not that it ruined the story, but it wasn't suspense (if that's what you're trying to achieve).

For some reason, the story read more of split personality disorder than BPD. BPD has mood swings and unstable emotions. However, the way you talked about "The Bitch" made me believe it was a different personality altogether inhabiting the wife's body. Again, I'm no doctor so take this opinion for what it's worth.

Overall, it worked for me. It was a short vignette showing a glimpse into the lives of two people trying to make the best of their circumstances.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A love story

Some of the woman haters will say he had to work too hard, should have thrown her out.

He thinks their marriage is worth it. So do I.

Most of the time, they're happy.

That's better than the Lit commenters who are miserable all the time.

Good story, even after I figured it out. Worth reading again. 5*

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 7 years ago
VERY different...

I was going to give this 4*s, but with the significant coup of achieving the very different here in LW, I awarded the extra * easily.

...a few peculiar turns of phrase here and there struck me as odd, but thinking on it, I'm less sure that those are an issue as they may be clues to the plot for the sufficiently astute (and maybe I'm just not so sure I'm sufficient to that task).

I'm thinking the wifey here has more than just a Borderline case in hand...or there is a combination of psychological and biological issues working in tandem. Endocrine-system tumors can do very funny things, and be very hard to detect; leaving you to look for the patterns in behavior over time as a significant clue to their existence.

...just a thought.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 7 years ago
The things we do for love.

Of course, throwing in a few recipes for kick ass pasta doesn't hurt either.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 7 years ago
Sweet

A psychological thriller! Banish the bitch! Very nice. I didn't begin to suspect who the bitch was until about halfway through. Very nice story! By the way, when is this site going to fix the freaking broken comments section? I had to reload a dozen times to get them all to show. It's getting annoying.

JessicaAlexanderJessicaAlexanderover 7 years ago
Interesting twist

About 1/3 of the way into page one, I was sure that "the bitch" was her period. Interesting story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A good story about true love...

A good story about true love...About how a marriage commitment should be...4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A good interesting story about a wife with extreme mental problems.

Reading thru your story , about when I was half way thru I knew u where describing you wife . With a split personality or borderline personality . And other mental issues. So why did you stay with her all these years.? So every 3 or so years she becomes this person to hate and you take it till she comes back to her true self. Just weird if you ask me. So all these years and no treatment is effective. Glad you didn't mention children. This guy may love his wife but so much pain here.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 7 years ago
Damn

They needed psychological help for a long time. However, true love held them together so that's worth five stars every time.

magmamanmagmamanover 7 years ago
Excellent.

That says it all.

MGM

VanadornVanadornover 7 years ago

Alright, that was cool. 5*

-V

robnilrobnilover 7 years ago
nicely done

I hope you are going to be around for a while because your stories are fresh, well written and very entertaining. it is hard to come up with new ideas in this genre but you are doing it and doing it very well at that. thank you.

maninconnmaninconnover 7 years ago
This was powerful

I was strongly drawn into this story, and was literally on the edge of my seat, though like others I became sure the bitch was either her period or an alter ego about halfway through. The emotions you subjected us to were brutally honest, and left me feeling quite raw. That he was fighting for his wife, and felt her present in her love indeed makes this a beautiful loving wives story. Much of this category is filled with betrayal and characters who cut and run when "better" becomes "worse." Bravo author, and thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nice work!

I guessed what was going on (more or less) early on, but it was still riveting. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

Cog

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
wow

I am astounded.

Excellent story telling.

And it its all to close to home for me.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago
@sbrooks

Well, I haven't read all of this authors stories, but both Blue Topaz tales use the whole tease device a bit too much. The writing is good, but I am puzzled about all the over the top raving from other commentators. The old guard of brilliant and exceptional Literotica writers has sadly faded. The new guard, that writes with frequency, is decent at best. There is so much crap on this site that we have lower than usual expectations. This writer may well develop into an exceptional story teller, but I fear he is too preoccupied with being clever (i.e. The aforementioned teasing device, repetition of phrases, etc.). Throw out the handbook for creative writing and paint a story that captivates your reader! Read some Flannery O'Connor and Hemingway and learn what real short story authors do. I miss Jidoka, SirThopas, and Rehnquist. Actually, I see this author as a budding SirThopas, who does clever the right way. Read his stories and learn.

starmanfivestarmanfiveover 7 years ago
Very creative!

Amazing story-telling skills. *****

Todd172Todd172over 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the Feedback

I appreciate it. I haven't written a word of fiction in decades, so to be brutally honest, this is an experiment in progress, and I need to see what works. I'm posting to other catagories for the same reason. So feedback is important.

As to this story, it was racing around in my skull, getting in the way of me working on other stories. It was just easier to write it and post it than to try to ignore it.

Since I got a ping on this in private: if you know anyone taking SSRI medication, nobody should quit those without close physician supervision. Doing so can increase suicidal impulses.

Thanks again for the feedback,

Todd172

kimi1990kimi1990over 7 years ago
@drbeamer333

Do you realize how old and pathetic you sound? "These young whipper snappers! Why back in my day..." Do we get to hear about walking to school in the snow now? Oh, I can hardly wait. l give all due respect to the greats from the past. I've read some great tales from them in the hall of fame. The truth is, the current crop of top writers has some that have only been writing for a short time and they are just as good as the old guys. DFWBeast, Mainefiddleheads, blackrandl1958, Vandemonium1, others I'm not thinking of, those authors are just as good, and better, in many cases, than the some of the old guys were. Now there's Carnillia and Todd172 that show lots of talent and may be awesome. HDK, Stangstar, Carvahoi, Dtiverson, ghml1, oshaw, all still posting.

Maybe you can just take your walker off to the archives and read some of those "great old writers" like Matt Moreau, Swingerjoe or Xleglover. Maybe that's your speed.

KirkelKirkelover 7 years ago
Holy shit

Where did you come from? I'm putting you at one of the top 5...won't say which one though.

Fresh, concise, new...I don't know how you will top each of the last, so don't try. Please keep writing, slow down, don't burn out!

Thank you for your creativity and writing!

Rob

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
Tremendous Writing

It just wraps you into it. It also leaves you frustrated because you never know when the Bitch will come after you.

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 7 years ago
Will this Author ever get an out ? Still batting 1.000

I may have to start looking for a new sports analogy for you Todd172 , as baseball isn't really my sport , but really it fits your offerings so far perfectly.

I kinda got the idea who the bitch was around half way in , but that didn't diminish the wonderful rawness of it at all.

I , for one , like your quick firing dialogues , it's almost Noir . If Mickey Spillane or Elmore Leonard wrote LW stories , I imagine they would read similarly to yours . I mean that in the most complimentary way.

@Drbeamer333 I understand where you're coming from in one way , I spend a lot of days here in the archives ( yes LW has long stretches of bad stories ) , and two of the authors you named , Rehnquist and Jidoka are at the top of my favorites. Rehnquist is the measuring stick against which all are measured for me. ( Personally , I would sub qhml1 for SirThopas)

But I agree totally with what Kimi1990 said. We are living in a second "Golden Era" here in LW , thanks to everyone of the authors she named !

And since we're in the comment section of Todd172 , I cannot remember another author who in just a couple or three weeks , has made such a dramatic entry into this genre. It's crazy scary that he seems to be able to pump out these great stories in such a short time. Unless he's been sitting on these stories for a long time , and I really don't get that impression , he may rival JPB's numbers if he sticks with it.

Thanks Todd172 for another instant classic

5 *'s

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I hate you

At the start of the story I knew who the bitch was and then you made me doubt myself. Other than that though phenomenal writing please continue writing.

A request can you try writing a "first time" story. It's a genre I like more then loving wives and with your control on language I think it would be awesome

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago
@kimi1990

Thanks for proving my point. Since I consider SirThopas the most underrated writer on this site, and a brilliant storyteller, I was actually giving the author a complement in saying that he reminds me of him. And I guess you are right . . . Reading great authors from the past makes one outdated and irrelevant. After all, no one who is young and hip reads Hemingway.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 7 years ago
Exceptional

Unusual, well done.

SelqSelqover 7 years ago
@kimi

Your slam of Drbeamer3333 is a little defensive, don't you think? He's giving an opinion about Todd172, and is suggesting reading some writers that are similar so that Todd172 can become an even better writer.

It sounds to me like Drbeamer3333 wants to help keep Todd172 from falling into a rut where people start complaining that he writes the same thing every time.

Todd172 came onto the scene with a bang, I think we can all agree that we want to continue seeing him refine his craft and keep getting better. And he seems to want honest opinions so that he can improve.

Remember, Rehnquist and the other legends of LW changed and grew as writers to become the legends they are today. I think it's safe to say that all of us just want to see the new crop of writers to continue to grow and evolve so that they are the next group to be called legends.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
got 3 paragraphs

No idea what the problem was but why let someone into your home who you know to cause problems. If your in laws get their knickers in knots, screw em. Stupid start, could not continue.

luedonluedonover 7 years ago
Oh dear, Anonymous

If ever proof was needed that it's best to not comment without reading the story, you just provided it. The only people more stupid than that are the one-bombers who leave a comment saying that they scored one star without reading even the three paragraphs you claim to have read.

Lue

Impo_64Impo_64over 7 years ago
I must agree with almost all the real comments...

I must agree with almost all the real comments...This is another very good story from this author! And what a strong and intense one...4*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@Drbeamer3333 Re: "Blue Topaz"

It's been a while since I read "Blue Topaz Eyes", but I did just do a quick check, and the first one did have a small mis-direction at the beginning, that was cleared up in less than a quarter-page.

The rest was pretty straight forward, maybe a little unique in its narrative style, but no deliberate mis-directions to me, anyway.

I suppose you could accuse "Shameless" for not disclosing the backgrounds of his friends in the bar, but it didn't have the same impact on the story as here.

I'm probably not going to convince you, and vice versa, so I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I can relate

I had 2 weeks of hell every November for almost 25 years. Eventually I could feel it coming on, and the only thing that really helped was knowing that it would end after a couple of weeks. Was it seasonally related? Hard not to conclude that, since it always happened in the same month. Then it just quit about 8 years ago. A spouse you can be open and honest with is a huge comfort. I find the story to not only be believable, but also a bit too close to home.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
It takes two to tango.

He is almost as sick as she is for staying and putting up with her antics. Sooner or later one of them will kill the other be it by heart attack, stroke, or other means.E

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
It was scary and icky....but I really, really liked it! The Bitch appears out of nowhere...

...for no apparent reason, with no apparent motive, but to be...The Bitch.

She continues her rage and snipe until I've had enough...then I take her over my her and spank her until she cums. Then I carry her, over my shoulder like a sack of potatoes, kicking and pounding on my back, pulling and scratching, screaming like a fucking banshee. Then I pinion her to the bed while I pull her clothes off her. It helps a lot, if I tear most everything in the process. The more wanton the destruction, the better...and it always has to be her favorite outfit (since the last time). We wrestle, she bites and kicks and fights with everything she's got. But like always, in the end I subdue her utterly. For I am much larger and much stronger and much more skilled in controlling troublesome subjects. In the end, after I hate-fuck her, ravage her, own her, she cumming again and again, until I cum hard in her pussy. She cums with me, like pulling the trigger of a gun and passes out, her eyes rolling up in her head. She lays still until her breathing settles and then rolls away from me on her side, asleep. I clean her up gently, with a warm, wet washcloth, occasionally a bandaid or two, then I slide the cover over her and go attend to myself. Returning to bed, she snuggles back into me as I spoon her and we sleep. The next day, she is as sweet and loving and affectionate as ever. And so she remains for another five or six months, until, with no warning and nothing to which we've been able to attribute it.....she storms in and we have another rampage.

The first time it happened, I was so shocked and traumatized by it, I didn't respond well. She was a whole other person. She dressed sluttier and swore like sailor, said ugly, hurtful things to me, about me around others. I moved in with my brother and sister-in-law and filed for divorce. About a week later, one of my co-workers hunted me down, telling me I had to come get my wife and fix the mess she was making. She had gone to our favorite local hang outs. She had been coming on to every man in the place. She had already taken one out back and fucked him in the alley. When I came onto the scene she was crawling all over some other young stud, making a complete fool of herself embarrassing everyone. I walked up behind her and grabbed her by the scruff of the neck and the belt on her jeans and frog marched her outside. I pinned her to the wall of the building and struggled with her until she said something that plunged a knife so deeply into my heart, that I slapped her full across the face with everything I had. She went down, sobbing. I picked her up, slung her over my shoulder and took her home, sitting in the back seat of my friend's car, keeping her body and arms pinioned to my chest with my arms wrapped around her, my legs scissor-binding hers, so she couldn't kick my friend. I dragged her by her hair into the house through the unlocked door (!!). It was a compete mess.

I dragged her upstairs and yelling at the top of my lungs that if she wanted to be a whore, she could do that in the streets. I took a shirt off the chair by the bathroom door and hogtied her, then sat her in the chair and used a pair of panty hose from the bathroom counter to tie her to the chair.

I got garbage bags and loaded all her belongings into them and threw them on the front lawn. All this time, she struggled and raged, her eyes ablaze and her face red with her anger...her burgeoning rage, her voice becoming hoarse with her screaming. Upon my return, I saw she'd tipped the chair on its side and lay there squirming and pulling, trying to get loose and escape. I picked her up, still attached to the chair and threw her onto the bed. I loosed her from the chair and released her from the tie-up, all the while struggling and fighting like her life depended on it. I held her fast to my chest, threw off the chair, ripped her clothes off, worked my sweats and t-shirt off and spanked her until my hands were sore and tingling. During this time she came repeatedly. I got very hard and it seemed to grow harder and bigger with my rising anger.

When I couldn't continue the spanking, I pegged her wrists behind her back, worked around to straddle her thighs and pulled her ass up to my waist. She was drooling out her pussy like a teething baby, so I lined up and pushed my cock into her in one violent thrust. She grunted. Holding her wrists with my right hand, I grabbed her hip with the left and pumped her hard and fast until she became limp. I let go of her wrists, red and pinched from the strength of my grasp, took both hips in my hands and hate-fucked her violently for nearly fifteen minutes until I came hard. She was a rag doll. When I'd cum hot and sweating from the effort and fell down on top of her. During this violent exchange, she'd been cumming every few seconds, her pussy clenching at my surging cock. Now, she seemed to pass out or faint of collapse from exhaustion. I eventually rolled off her to see if I'd have to tie her up for the night, which I did. I called my brother and told him I would be by tomorrow. I fell into exhausted sleep next to her.

In the morning, I awoke to her groaning. She was waking up slowly and upon opening her eyes, broke out in a whimpering cry, building into hard, sobbing. I tried to comfort her, but she was inconsolable. This went on for nearly three hours and I got up, made coffee and breakfast from what I could scrounge in the abandoned kitchen. After I fed her a bite at a time, not untying her, fearing another violent outburst, she calmed slowly and ended her eating with a sigh. Looking at me full in the face with the same open, sweet look I'd known for six years, she apologized.

She and her younger brother had fought constantly, growing up. Their parents mostly ignored it, in the belief they would outgrow it. In high-school, her Junior year, her brother had enjoyed a growth spurt during the summer. He'd worked mowing lawns and got onto a construction crew, moving and hauling construction materials and later, bricks. He'd joined the wrestling team and had been doing very well. One Sunday afternoon, their parents had gone with a neighbor gal to visit her husband in the hospital. He'd had his appendix removed the night before, after collapsing at a neighborhood barbecue.

The teens were left to fend for themselves and soon got into a squabble over what to watch on TV. It had escalated into her throwing things and he finally tackled her in the hall, dragged her to her bedroom and subdued her on her bed. Along the way, he got excited and in the fray, raped her. Once he'd come, he was somewhat remorseful, but told her to stop being a bitch. She was crying but managed to throw something at him as he was leaving and it started again. He fucked her eight or nine times that afternoon and into early evening. Finally exhausted, he told her to clean up and if she let a single sound out about their fight and sex, he'd sneak into her room, tie and gag her, then he'd fuck her and strangle her one night....without warning.

For the next two years, she lived in terror. Every time they were alone and fought, he fucked her repeatedly. It was a violent incestuous dance, always culminating in wild, violent fucking. She eventually seemed to accept and even enjoy it.

After leaving home for college, she'd fallen into a depression and ended up dropping out of school for a time. She got counseling, but never confronted her brother or parents about what had gone on. She had always been a sweet, laughing girl, but for this violence with her brother. With the violent raping, she had become withdrawn and nervous. It was much later, that she returned to schools to complete her education, in hopes of improving her prospects in the workplace. The counseling had helped some, as she had returned mostly to her happy, gentle demeanor. This was the Lisa I met and fell in love with while in graduate school. I did not know it until this first episode, but she had fallen into a pattern of periodically taking off for a town or two up the highway and getting into rowdy, sexual barroom stuff to appease her appetite for violence and violent sex. How she had managed so long I couldn't guess, but feared she may have secretly continued her rage-trips, making her a cheater.

In the end, we stayed together and got help. She still has episodes, but we have come to recognize the signs of the oncoming storm, so are usually prepared.

Yes, I stayed with her. I also looked up and beat her brother nearly to death. He was in the hospital for over a month, 17 broken bones including his jaw, a femur, both wrists, several fingers and an ankle. Then the other damage beyond the massive bruising, included a ruptured spleen, a punctured lung, a severe concussion, a broken eye socket resulting in the loss of that eye, a broken nose, five missing teeth and loss of his right kidney. Yup, there was trouble, but I sent him a message that if I heard about him even talking about his sister in a sexual way I would hunt him down and cut him to pieces one-inch at a time.

I suggested he find a life across or out of the country. The troubles cleared up when he dropped charges and moved on.

Lisa and I have found a way to manage, but it takes a lot out of me. She's afraid to have children and like your wife can't take the "head drugs". The first time they tried them, she seemed OK for about six weeks, then attempted suicide. We got her patched up, but it took nearly three more years to work through it all.

Today, we still have "rowdy sex" once one very five or six months. That seems to keep her on an even footing. We do not schedule this activity, her shifting behavior mandates it. I plan our life around the one-month-wide "window" six months down the road, so as to avoid any public unpleasantness.....or arrests.

It would be interesting to see if anyone else has or has had this situation and how they cope with it.

This story or yours, real or imagined, struck deep. I wonder if anyone out there lives like we do. We attended a "group hug" for rape victims and victims of violence, but did not find anyone else coping with the cycles of anger and violence in the victim, like my wife and I. We did not find anything helpful there.

Thanks for the story. Sorry I vented all over your comments section.

luedonluedonover 7 years ago
For better or worse, in sickness and in health

Anonymous E,

Yes, it takes two to tango. This is a story about a man who loves his wife enough to understand and cope with a serious mental condition. It's a bit different from the usual LW story where the divorce court is the standard port of call at the first hint of trouble.

Lue

luedonluedonover 7 years ago
What tense is "strick", Anonymous?

Present tense 'Strike'

Past tense 'Struck'

Maybe I have been Stricken?

Or is it future tense? Perhaps I am about to be 'Strick'?

Lue

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 7 years ago
Todd

Someone once said, "A writer is a world trapped inside a person." That, to me, is you. Keep doing what you do.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 7 years ago
Unique

Quite an innovative approach. I enjoyed this story due to its creativeness. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the entertainment.

m48gunnerm48gunnerover 7 years ago
Different

Different is good. Didn't figure it out until the end, thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
An interesting and disturbing plot. Good, even if I didn't enjoy it.

Reading about the sex life of the mentally ill is not erotic nor entertaining, for me. Glad you have an audience who can appreciate this style.

OnethirdOnethirdover 7 years ago
Tolerable tolerance

Powerful story. I don't many would be able to put up with that- the need to strike back and defend yourself is strong, and suffering through all the tribulations would bring anyone down. I hope there aren't too many people who suffer this malady.

green117green117over 7 years ago
Bitch... Harpy.... SG

I want to comment on all of them.

"All the good ones are a bit crazy" or something like that - in a word, no. Crazy is dysfunctional - crazy doesn't make you a better person.

There are a lot of Bitches/Harpies/and so forth in this neck of the literature - DQS1 can hardly write about anything else in his women (I like his latest The Currency of Time and also The Last Goodbye for that kind of woman), there is FD45's Andrea, and JPB slips one in now and again. DTIverson often has one, often named Janet. I'm not sure what MM is up to, but his women seem just abusive rather than anything remarkable in terms of presence.

My problem, other than the bit about crazy, is that this is an old thing that the feminists were kinda right on - a strong, independent woman is often called crazy... or at least a harpy or a bitch... sometimes all three. Now your women in the stories really weren't married to their dysfunction - the woman in Harpy was driven to it by the adultery, and at the end was working her way out and the woman here was actively sabotaging her alternative personality... but still, I'd like to think a simple heroic presentation of a woman in stressful situations might actually get some traction here.

..and then I got a feeling I needed to read Soldier Girl. Frankly, I don't hang in Lesbian (I mean, I'd get kinda narked if a bunch of gays decided my fav. erotic fiction was hot, or something...).. but I saw you wanted it to go into Romantic.

Pretty good - but do you think you could do it for straight people? There are guys who don't need to keep a person down to feel good about themselves, ya know. They have to be rather strong personalities, admittedly, but the rewards are a better class of companion. The protagonist in this one is strong, possibly heroic - but the situation is so extreme I'm not sure how to read it - is his behavior a reflection of his character or a last ditch response to an intolerable situation?

Looking forward to your future efforts -

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow

Solid writing in the present tense. You've created a very sympathetic narrator here, and the story hooked me until the end. Well crafted.

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 7 years ago
Mental iillness sucks......

Mental illness sucks. The ones with it and all of those around them suffer when it hits. The poor guy in this story may lock up his guns but does he lock up every iitem in his home that could possibly be used as a weapon? I don't think that iis possible to do. Living like that is like living with a bomb that could explode at any time without warning. Sadly enough the efforts on the behalf of the mentally I'll by the bleeding heart liberals have done more harm than good by removing treatment options and research.

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

Well written, but didn't like the story.

The way you wrote this, they could still be working to identify problems, and maybe she wont tell him what caused it, but she should be able to tell the shrink.

The way you wrote this, someone is going to get seriously hurt or worse eventually. And I just do not care for that.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
W...T....F.....VERY NON SEQUITUR

and the closure, don't write the author call the insane asylums for escapees. TK U MLJ LV NV

shadowjack17shadowjack17over 7 years ago
This should be rated much higher

This IS "loving wives", people. Life is not always black and white with easily identified villains and good guys resolved with a cute love interest in 2 hours for your viewing pleasure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sad story, enjoyed the way it was laid out for us...

Very sad what some marriages must endure. I thank God I have a good wife who loves me regardless of my faults - just as I love her. Married 34 years now and nothing will separate us but death.

For some folks, the vows are important enough that they actually live them. "For better or for worse, in sickness and in health...". I knew an older couple in TN that had a worse problem, or at least as bad: She began developing allergies to all kinds of things. First dust, then certain textiles, dyes, chemicals, wood, etc., and the allergies kept developing. Doctors were stumped, knew it was something with her immune system, but couldn't figure out what or why. Eventually, she actually became allergic to her husband - doctors assumed it was something in his skin cells, but weren't sure - and nothing could be found to fix it or alleviate the symptoms. Her skin would react as if touching poison ivy when he touched her. At first he would wear thin cotton gloves, but the symptoms kept getting worse until she couldn't even be around him. Finally, he built her a "clean room" inside their house, with windows, intercom, air filtration, etc. They spent their evenings talking through the intercom, side by side, but separated by a window. This went on for years until she finally succumbed to the illness and died from a respiratory infection. At the end, in the clean room at the hospital, the doctors told him they thought she had become allergic to herself. They were married for 40+ years, around 9 years of which they couldn't touch each other. True story.

One doesn't see that kind of love and dedication very often any more. It's humbling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Meh

Met...what a whack job...dump the bitch..+wife.. get a new one...plant of fish in the sea...

1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
He's lucky

That it was only two personalities. living with multiples can get to be VERY hard after a while.

EverRestlessEverRestlessover 7 years ago
Wow

I never anticipated how life with a Multiple Personellaty Syndrome patient/victim could be. A very reveiling story and a real eye opener. Great job. Well told. 5*.

Dont_miss_meDont_miss_meover 7 years ago
Spooky something fierce

But I loved it!!!

ManSellingMoonsManSellingMoonsover 7 years ago
Omfg

What an amazingly written story man. Dude this was a masterpiece! Wow!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
NEW PERSPECTIVE

never thought about what that might be like, living with someone with multiple personalities. very interesting.

SWIM21SWIM21about 7 years ago

This story is a bit like "Monster" in that you've created a scenario that sensationalizes an almost plausible presentation of a poorly defined psychological disturbance. I can forgive you for not getting the facts right, though, because the real deal is neither romantic nor erotic. As fucked up as this sounds, the Bitch sounds a lot like my mother, who actually has bipolar and borderline personality disorder. However, when my parents were still together (my poor dad held out for 17 long, lonesome years), there was no break where the Bitch went away. No sir. She was waiting for my dad every damn day as soon as he walked in the door. And there damn sure wasn't any kind of 'sexual healing' going on. It's a lovely sentiment, though, I can't deny that. To me, this is actually the kind of woman I would be into. I like rough, snarling, hateful sex, but only when it's followed by tenderness. Unfortunately, based on experience, those two dynamics rarely harmonize.

NATHANBRITTLESNATHANBRITTLESabout 7 years ago
Beautiful

Awesome story ! Very powerful and poignant.

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
Terrific Story

Too bad it rarely works out like this in reality, as SWIM21 noted.

Still a 5* read, thanks!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 7 years ago
Perspective matters

For a good chunk it actually felt like The Bitch was an unwanted distant family member. I didn't figure it out until he first got in bed. As others noted, it's unfortunate that some are so torn, damaged. Their methods to deal with it are impressive. Having survived 30 years married with it... amazing commitment that almost no one would or could endure. Truly well done.

madicanmadicanabout 7 years ago
I know what its like

I lived with the bitch for 20 years. It took me that long to find it in my self how to deal with her and get my wife back. A very realistic store from my perspective. A monster I am lest a monster I become.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Magnificent

You are an absolute Master of your craft.

FBG

MaFreplerMaFreplerabout 7 years ago
Very well done

Interesting depiction of a difficult relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

God, this author can write!

KRD19254KRD19254almost 7 years ago

I hope the readers are rating you on your writing and not slighting you due to a depressing story. I see your writing talents at 6* - until you got to the bed scene I thought it was her mother or sister. Just your depressing story leaves me wonder if you're not a little disturbed - sort of like Stephen King - same qualities.

BfreetorunBfreetorunalmost 7 years ago
This is a rough, tough story.

Being a psych nurse I recognized the situation possibly sooner than others. It takes a true, loving husband to tolerate this, I might possibly have killed The Bitch along the way. I applaud both the husband and wife for their sticking together throughout the whole time. Kudos to the author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
That was intense

I wish there was a way that you could share this with the right group of married couple. It might be helpful for them to know that there might be a way to fight the illness and make it through. While this is fiction it reads so real to what it must be like for a couple to fight to stay together, to fight the bitch.

geek_writergeek_writerover 6 years ago
great story

very understanding, love it

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 6 years ago
History

Been there. We didn't make it. Over 20 years ago and the sense of failure is still with me.

TailakaTailakaabout 6 years ago
Well crafted

Didn't love the depressing nature but we'll crafted twist of who the bitch is. Sad fight for dominance between the 2.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Been there

Thanks for writing this one.

It's been a hard road loving someone with mental illness. It developed years after we married.

I have my own scars now and my own mental state and personality changed as a result.

But I love her. And way back when I said in sickness and in health.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
It doesn’t matter...

how hard you fight, the bitch will win in the end. The “in sickness and in health” clause only works one way, and that’s her way. And the girl you married died when the bitch arrived so the “until death us do part” has already happened.

Well written, a testimonial to all the great men out there who love sick and twisted women whose only goal in life is destroying the man they loved’s happiness through their own insanity.

One word of advice: Run!

It never gets better, and there is no cure.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

I’d of had her committed to a hospital for the mentally ill along time ago.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
(BPD) Borderline Personality Disorder

The Bitch describes the insanity of this mental plague very well. I have suffered from my marriage to a Borderline close to your description here. A website called BPDFamily.com helped me understand and control the rages. There is new information developing every day.”

BAnde53507BAnde53507almost 6 years ago
Well Done...

I figured out about half way through who “The Bitch” was. It’s good to read a story where a couple finds a way to fight back. My wife has BPD. I never figured out how to manage it. We’ll be divorced soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Yeah

Been there, done that. Got the scars to prove it. Mental and physical. The story was well written and, for me, very realistic. I guess that’s why I didn’t like it. I just don’t want to remember.

somewhatniceguysomewhatniceguyover 5 years ago
one thing

reading LW stories taught me was, sex and love and the need for sex and love and the 'marriage' don't matter at all; what does the first thing man want to do after sex? Roll over and hope he will either do it better in future or look at themselves, 'how did I ever get into this....?' No wonder marriage is dying; it is practically dead in Sweden and some places; it is the price we pay for the safety of the routine. The term original sin is loaded with meanings. Sheer fatigue and the disgust for letting go of self-control during sex, no person likes it, especially the man. Actually, no man wants to have that much sex with the same woman for at best more than a year. The church and marriage and the society try to keep it steady but fail.

mature_neophytemature_neophyteabout 5 years ago
I have no idea how to rate this....

It's brilliant, it's sad, it's horrific, it's rubbish, it's too real, it's everything and nothing. I don't now how to rate this, and I'm thankful for that.

newtinmplsnewtinmplsabout 5 years ago
Very...human

Normally I don't like "epilogue" type endings, but this one really works.

I think the within-story comments about the trauma make a lot more sense. OTOH the within-story comment about possible BPD for me points to the fact that some therapists are .... well I suppose it's harsh to say "idiots" but people are a lot more than a pattern of symptoms and a diagnosis.

I work in the mental health field and I realize that not every "treatment" works for every person, and sometimes (if the relationship can support it) unorthodox, and sometimes even intimate ways of dealing with things work better for those particular people.

There is a beautiful glimmer of hope here.

rlh100rlh100over 4 years ago
Wow

Need I say more.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 4 years ago
Powerful.

Second read for me.

Just as powerful as the first time.

Great plot, superb writing.

Gave it top ratings before

and still do.

Barely.

Still in awe of the writing,

but now I see a flaw in the plot.

This is a classic "Love conquers all" story.

But is that saying true?

What about kids?

They didn't have them, they couldn't have them.

It just wasn't save.

Does love conquer that?

Just a thought :).

penneydog55penneydog55over 4 years ago
Wowee!

I'd be scared shitless to be in the same house let alone the same bed!!..Scary Smart Story 5 Stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTodd172@Todd172
I write my stories to relieve the population pressure. Too many people banging around in there and the only way to get them out is to write them out. There's a bitter ex-Navy Master Chief living next to a quietly desperate tarnished Russian angel, who is trying to keep her sou...