The Black Seas Ch. 22

Story Info
Demons and pirates on the high seas.
4k words
7k
00

Part 20 of the 22 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 10/03/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Tortuga, 1706

Davy Jones stood watching theRadiantDiscord sailing away in an attempt to catch up to theHades' Whore. Contempt with the loss of battle, he smiled to himself. A pulse shot through the sea in that moment and he could already feel the heartbeats pulse. He was tied to the sea by that accursed Ancel.

But that was where his anger stopped and theValkyrie's mistake began. Ancel thought he could trap Davy Jones in an imprisonment beneath the seas, but he failed to sever the connection to them. It took Jones many, many years to find that connection and influence it. Now he controlled the seas and now he was free.

At least partially. His servitude to Blackbeard wouldn't last long nor would the act go unchecked.

Blackbeard himself would be on his way briefly and Jones was certain he'd have a few complaints as to why he wasn't giving chase or why he hadn't destroyed any of them in the first place.

Time was on the demon's side and there was plenty of it.

He stood with contempt as the rain began to fall. Regardless of how the battle would turn out, Jones scored his first act of defiance against Blackbeard.

——

Blackbeard angrily tore through the streets of Tortuga followed closely by the portion of his crew that accompanied into the port town. Patrons of Tortuga whether drunk or not knew well enough to get out of the demon pirate's path. Those that weren't fast enough met the unfortunate end of a sword by either Blackbeard himself or one of his crew.

Cannon fire could be heard over the loud shouts of patrons or the music from whatever instrument was being played, but in Tortuga that wasn't a surprise. What came as the surprise was those that Blackbeard wanted dead were participating in the battle.

Blackbeard's first mate, Henry Morgan, sent word to the demon captain of the successful rescue of Mary Read aboard his ship and that was enough to anger him. What anger him more was seeing two ships fleeing out of the port toward open sea and neither his ship nor Davy Jones' giving chase to them.

Fury is what he had and he was determined to make someone pay. He pulled theShedu Medallion from his belt and cast a look at it, then squeezed his fist tightly over it. Davy Jones would be the first and last to see his wrath. The sea would be his and the world would soon learn to fear the name Blackbeard.

——

TheRadiantDiscord sped along the water hurrying to catch up to theHades' Whore. Jack struggled to devise a plan that would take them someplace safe and allow them to make repairs before the next battle.

Anne must have sensed his struggle. She approached him and placed her hand on his arm. "Relax Jack. We'll get out of this and have our life together."

"I have the feeling ye ain't done though," he said a little solemn.

Anne looked at him as if she didn't know who the person standing before her was. Perhaps he didn't fully understand her passion to avenge the death of their parents or the depths she'd go to fulfill what she had began. Regardless of what his thoughts were, he'd go along with her or not. Either way she still be with him until it was all said and done or she'd be lost to Davy Jones' Locker.

"Blackbeard still needs to pay for his actions," she said.

"And what about Davy Jones?"

"I could care less Jack. Blackbeard is all that matters."

"Very well then," Jack said quickly. "Then I will not leave your side until the task is completed."

"Jack I wouldn't expec—"

Anne was interrupted when he held his hand up motioning her to quiet. The crew suddenly went still as well and not a noise could be heard except for the sounds of the sea water lapping against the ship and the creaking of the wood that made up the ship.

Anne felt something; a chill that ran through her veins and cooled her all the way to her core. A ghastly almost moan came right after. The mood of the crew changed as they shifted uncomfortably at the unknown sound.

Jack spun to look back toward theDutchman expecting something other than it sitting perfectly still in the mostly calm cove. Davy Jones stood upon the bowsprit looking in their direction but nothing other than the questioning scene seemed to be out of place.

"Jack!" Anne yelled grabbing his attention and causing him to spin around.

TheHades' Whore was suddenly not moving and shifted to a bob in the water like something bumped it from beneath. Jack knew the scene didn't bode well for Mary and the crew or any of them for that matter.

Without waiting to see what came next, Jack began issuing orders.

"Get more wind in those sails ye useless sea maggots! Coax the wind and fill those sails or I will send ye to see Davy Jones meself!"

——

MaryRead had to grab the railing to steady herself when something bumped the ship from underneath. She peeped over the side to see a massive shadow pass by and she shuddered not at the sight but the feeling that passed through her.

What in the nine circle of Hades? She asked out loud.

She briefly forgot of Davy Jones having the ability to bring something fierce into this world and just as quickly knew time was now of the essence.

Mary Spun around to issue orders when the deck burst open. Water sprayed over the deck as a large head rose through the hole. The head was massive with a jaw full of long, sharp teeth. A long neck followed behind, pushing the head high into the air.

Mary's first thought was that it was aHydra but when no other heads popped up she knew it was something else and just as dangerous.

The creature reared back its head and opened its mouth to let out a loud and ferocious roar. Water and pieces of seaweed slithered out of its mouth and plopped to the deck.

It swung its head around scanning the deck below. The crew of theHades' Whore was already surrounding the beast with their spears held ready to take the creature down.

The creature roared blasting several of the men backward. Men standing behind the creature stalked in jabbing their spears into its near impenetrable scales. The creature whipped its head around to look at the men with a curious eye.

A deep growl rumbled slowly through its throat. The men stepped back cautiously. The creature swept in with its maw opened wide and swept all three men up, clamping its jaws down tightly onto them.

As the creature brought its head up and back around, pieces of the crew fell from its mouth. Legs and arms slammed to the deck and slide across the deck in conjunction with the movement of the ship.

The creature swept its massive head in a fast, low arc batting the line of crewmen and crushing their bodies and then throwing them over the side of the ship. More of the crew rushed in to attack and take the place of their fallen comrades.

Mary Read took the opportunity of distraction to climb the main mast. Now standing high above the creature she had positioned herself within striking distance. She drew her sword and leapt.

——

Jackcursed as cannon fire sprang up behind his ship. Cannon balls splashed alongside theDiscord and nothing hit them yet, but it was only a matter of time.

"It's that bilge rat, Blackbeard," Anne notified Jack when he didn't look back to see for himself.

Blackbeard had already swept past theDutchman and was firing from the bow cannons in quick succession. It wouldn't take much to catch up if theDiscord was hindered in any way. And if that happened then none of them were going to make it out alive.

Jack wanted to forget about Mary Read and make for an escape. With her and theHades' Whore out of the equation, their chances at escape increased greatly. Jack didn't dare voice his opinion though. Even if he wanted to, now wasn't the time.

Instead he focused on the task of reaching theHades' Whore and taking out any still alive out of the cove.

"That land-loving, scurvy, sea dog is going to pay for doing that to me ship," Anne cursed vehemently.

"Ye will have yer chance, but not right now," Jack answered back as he attempted to coax as much wind in the sails as he could.

Anne noticed the look of determination on his face and it caused concern for her. "What have ye in mind Jack?"

"The only thing I can do," he answered. His tone was of a man with limited options that didn't necessarily mean he knew what the outcome would be.

Anne followed Jack's line of sight and became aware of what he intended to do.

"Oh no," she breathed out. "Ye can't be serious."

Jack didn't answer but the look on his face told her he was.

——

MaryRead fell from the mast toward the ferocious creature. The rain was by now coming down hard. Her sword was angled downward as she descended. Rain traveled down the edge of the blade, streaming off the tip.

Before the creature had time to notice the danger Mary presented, her sword was plummeting down through it's massively, thick skull.

The creature reared back letting loose any crewmen it still had in its mouth and let out a roar of agony. It shook its head in an attempt to shake its attacker loose.

Mary Read held on to the pummel of her sword, fighting to stay atop to beast. The rain caused her grip to loosen and she fought to keep hold of it.

Eventually with the shaking and slippery rain she lost her grip and was sent toward the deck at a high speed. As she fell his cursed lightly at herself and met the deck hard.

At the last moment Mary tucked into a ball and slammed through the deck and landed flat on the next. The impact left her dazed until the black spread over, engulfing her from the conscious world.

——

The crew of theRadiantDiscord braced themselves as they neared their intended target. Jack remained steady and determined—ready to face whatever the outcome was to be.

Anne still stood at his side. They had both watch Mary Read fall from her attack on the enormous serpent and Jack could see a shiver shoot through Anne at the moment of Mary's impact.

"Take the helm," he ordered. He knew there was some sort of companionship between the two women. How far it went, he didn't know, but he knew enough to know it was a bond like the one he had with his first mate, Howell Davis.

"What do ye plan to do now?" Anne asked quickly.

He drew the sword he had stolen not long ago from Henry Morgan and turned back to her and smiled. He didn't have time for an answer even if he planned to have one.

TheDiscord slammed into theHades' Whore. At the moment of impact Jack launched himself into the air, straight at the foul beast. The sea serpent, well aware of the new found attack was ready. With its giant maw open, it caught Jack in mid air. Suddenly Jack's world went dark and smelly.

TheDiscord cut through the already weakened deck of the other ship. Wood splintered and ruptured. The still remaining crew was thrown across the deck or from it completely.

The sea serpent—aware of the incoming ship—slipped down into the depths. TheDiscord slipped quickly over the top.

——

Jackfought against the powerful jaw muscles of the serpent as the beast tried to push him down its throat. The stench was unbearable but his mind was kept off it as he focused not traveling any further into the beast.

Jack planted his feet against the serpent's tongue and braced his body against the roof of the creature's mouth. The force of the jaw muscles and tongue were great but Jack fought mercilessly against them. With his sword in one hand it was difficult having use of only one.

Once he was satisfied being mostly secured against the creature's attempts of swallowing him whole, he gripped the sword with both hands and spun it around to point toward the roof of the mouth.

"Ye yellow-belied cur," he muttered. "It was a mistake to swallow me."

Jack swung the sword down into a circle and up. The weapon bit through the creature's tongue, muscle, bone and flesh. Instantly Jack was swallowed in blood. The creature bellowed its rage allowing a rush of water in.

With the sudden force of water, Jack lost against the current and sent down into the beast's stomach. He nearly gagged from the combination of stench and water as he took in air to hold. He pushed away his disorientation and searched frantically for his weapon that he seemed to have lost grip of.

The seconds ticked by, but it felt like minutes for Jack. Finally, his hand brushed against the sword's hilt. Taking a firm grasp of the weapon he threw every ounce of strength he had into the swing of the sword.

The weapon remarkably sliced through the belly of the beast and Jack was quickly overcome with water once more. He pushed against the wall of the stomach and shoved his body out through the hole.

His lungs burned as he thrust up to the surface. Air threatened to escape him and the edge of darkness began to cloud his vision. The bursts of cannon fire above the surface told him he was headed in the right direction, but his mind screamed he'd never make it.

In a last attempt to help push himself to the surface he let go of the sword and used both hands to pull against the water. The lack of air was taking its toll on him and just mere feet from the surface darkness finally took hold over him.

In one last attempt to reach his goal, he shot his hand up unsuccessfully and began his descent once more into the depths.

——

MaryRead felt the shutter of the impact and splitting of the ship, but it was ultimately the shock and surprise of the water that brought her back to the conscious world.

As she drifted into the dark of the water she tried to flex her wings and found one of them mangled and badly broken. It ultimately didn't cause concern for her as it would eventually heal. At the moment though, it hurt like hell.

She let the thought pass and turned her attention to the unknown of what happened and what was now happening. She began kicking to the surface. As she neared something caught her eye.

A hand!

She reached out grabbing at the wrist and doubled her effort to reach the surface.

Mary broke the surface and pulled the body up. Only then did she realize who she had saved. But her actions and thoughts were interrupted as the hull of a ship cast its shadow over the two.

For a brief second the unknown came over her until the familiar presence of Rusalka filled her senses. Before she knew it a rope was thrown down at her. She tightened her grip on Jack and the rope.

Within seconds both were hauled to the deck. The sounds of battle now filled Mary's senses as cannon fire slapped the water behind them. In no time the noise became less and less until only the rain hammering the deck was all that was left.

Anne now back in her human form rushed to Jack's side, cradling his head. "C'mon ye relentless bastard." She beat on his chest suddenly finding herself feeling helpless.

Then Jack coughed. His eyes fluttered briefly before he coughed almost violently, pushing up water from his lungs.

When he finally got over his coughing he looked at Anne and said, "I guess things turned out better than I thought."

"Ye leave the crazy acts to me next time," Anne said smiling and overfilled with joy. Then she pulled him in close for a kiss.

——

Longafter theRadiantDiscord and her crew left the cove and escaped out into the open sea Blackbeard fumed. His anger threatened to boil over and he had only one direction he wanted to aim it—Davy Jones.

Jones' ship sat anchored not moving even after the sea serpent was destroyed or when Calico Jack fled with Rusalka. Jones knew Blackbeard was angry; he could feel the anger radiate from theIfrit. Not much could escape the knowledge of aDemon Lord.

Once theDiscord disappeared from sight, Jones strode to his cabin to wait for the likely berating that would follow from hiscontroller.

It wouldn't be long before the tables turned. His sat in thought at his map table. Hedidhave a wildcard.

The door suddenly flew open, slamming into the wall. Jones expected some kind of action like it. He felt the moment Blackbeard turned his ship around and the moment the captain stepped onto his ship. Davy Jones wasn't just aDemon—he wasthesea.

I gave ye an order to destroy that demon wench and ye fail to do even that!Blackbeard yelled.I thought the mighty Davy Jones could take the lives of his victims with the use of the sea but all I have is a slime sucking, bilge rat and none of me enemies crushed and floating to that dark excuse ye call a locker!

Blackbeard stood in the doorway venting. If it were possible, Davy Jones was sure smoke would be billowing out of the demon captain's ears as he spoke. When Jones didn't even look up at him, Blackbeard stepped into the room, followed close by Henry Morgan.

Blackbeard stalked around the table to stand in front of Jones. He almost reached out to grab theDemon Lord—which would have been a fatal mistake, regardless of who had theShedu Medallion. Instead he stopped short when Davy Jones looked up and glare at him.

Do not underestimate my abilities Blackbeard. I could easily crushed you or any that dare to stand in me way.Jones growled as he stood face to face with Blackbeard.

Then why ye barnacled fool did ye let them escape?

Davy Jones laughed heartily for a few moments. I control the seas and I know the movements of every sea dog that leaves one shore to settle on another.

Blackbeard was taken aback for a second. He expected some kind of threat but none came.

Ye do as I command Davy Jones and when me enemies are destroyed I will put away the medallion so no other soul can find it and ye can return to that forsaken locker. Ye would do best to hope ye don't lose such a relic Blackbeard. There arr less things to worry about when I come looking fer ye.Davy Jones stared at the demon captain with a menacing glare.

Blackbeard turned away abruptly.Give the coordinates to Morgan when ye know where they are headed and pray they arr correct or that fear will come from me and not ye.He stormed out the cabin without another word.

Once Blackbeard was off his ship he turned to Morgan. He stood off to the side with his arms crossed over his broad chest waiting patiently. Both demons held no feelings of any good toward each other as betrayal and mutiny had caused the rift. But orders were orders and Morgan would fulfill them.

The next words out of Jones' mouth, however, came as a surprise to him.

I know we have had our disagreements.He said.But we have one common threat standing in our way—Blackbeard.

Morgan remained silent but nodded his head in agreement and waiting to see where this was going to play out.

Blackbeard may play stupid with me.He continued.He knows that once I have been released back into this world I cannot go back except by an accursedValkyrie. If I am supposed to believe something different then I am a one-legged pirate. He knows he cannot control me forever so he plans to steal me power.

He looked over to Morgan looking for signs acknowledgement. Morgan remained stoic and not giving anything away. He remained wary of whatever Davy Jones had in mind.

Jones continued as if he was never looking for a response.Ye are going to help me.

Now he had Morgan's attention.What have I to gain from an alliance with ye?

Jones snorted a laugh.Ye will steal from Blackbeard the medallion and in turn hand it over to me.

12