The Blind Girl in the Rain Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

What? I sat there stunned. I didn't say anything but stared at her in silence. How did she know it was me who helped her?

She gave me an impish smile. "How?"

She tapped the side of her nose, "My secret."

*

Lucille Le Plante looked up from behind her counter as the early morning sun shone brightly through her cafe window on what was a fresh snow covered Sunday morning. It was one of those lazy days where life slowed down in the big city and took a much-needed break.

The older woman slipped her pencil behind her right ear and gave me a warm smile as she came over to the table where we had taken a seat. She glanced at my companion and frowned slightly as Heather sat quietly listening to what was going on and made sure she was comfortable.

"Hey, Mike," said Lucille, taking out her notepad, "How goes it? What can I get you and your lady friend?" She turned to the girl sat opposite me, "Ain't you going to introduce us?"

Then Heather looked up at her and I smiled at the older woman's reaction. Lucille turned back to me with her eyes wide with surprise. I pulled my chair around so I could put my arm around Heather's shoulders and looked up at the cafe owner who was staring at the blind girl with a slow smile crossing her lips.

"Lucille," I said by way of introduction, "I'd like you to meet that mermaid I told you about."

*****

The end.

Sort of.

Well, maybe.

I hope you enjoyed this story.