All Comments on 'The Blue Guitar'

by peacekeeper25

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
moandickmoandickover 8 years ago
Sweet Dreams

Romantically I just hope that the 'new' woman was his first love from Iraq - stupid dream maybe - but it is just a dream!

Lovely story, thank you.

Mo and Dick

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wow. What a roller coaster

I read your submission Max & Rosie, which led me to read some of your other stories. Your characters are thoughtfully planned and you can write a good sex scene in your "erotic coupling" submissions and can sometimes use a bit more closure, but I think your "romance" submissions are a big step up and where your talent flourishes. The Blue Guitar is generally a sad tale, but good for the soul. I hope to see more great things from you. Definitely on the list of favorite authors to check back on. Thanks for your contributions, some of us are built to be mathematicians, tradesmen, musicians or writers. You're a great writer, keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
outstanding quality

This is a superbly planned, organized, developed, and written story. The tone is consistent; the characters are convincing; the author has a rare gift for le mot juste; the pace and forward drive of the plot is gripping. The only exception--and it's a minor one--is that the ending is weak. I prefer the suggestion that the Iranian woman returns. Now that's a real artistic challenge.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
beautiful

romantic, sad, and hopeful are the words that come to mind. They may not be the exact words or correct phrase but they are as close as I am able to come to the feelings created by the story.

May I suggest at least one more chapter?

One of the diners might be the owner of a recording studio, or the booking agent for the Academy of Music, or a cellist with similar talents, or the owner of a club looking for new talent, or . . . the beautiful woman who came to listen, falls in love with the music, then him, and doesn't get hit by a car. Or Gloria stops in on a Friday evening, stays till closing and confesses she has been in love with him at a distance, wishing he would bring her flowers, or ask if she wanted more coffee. But was too shy to say anything when she saw him at the office. or . . . .

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
Another direction for the next chapter

Using the theme already introduced by Paul/Apollo, Herman/Hermes, Orrin learns his actual name is Orion and that was why he was inspired to choose the stage name Star.

The dark beautiful woman is actually a greek muse drawn to him by his music.

and the suggestion made earlier that his first love (and their daughter) find him by reading a newspaper article and knows it is him from the description of his music, wouldn't be so bad either.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous