All Comments on 'The Bond'

by Myhands316

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

really great story, keep them coming. make the next one about the son and how he becomes a man after his father.

calgarycamperscalgarycampersabout 6 years ago
Freaking AWESOME!

Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
scent, not sent

A really enoyable story, it would benefit from a little more editing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Great I could only wish it was longer so I hadn't finished it so quick.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
An enjoyable read.

And told in a compelling narrative style. The only questions remaining is of the setting. At first I though medieval then later on gaelic and then finally it reminded me of the mongols. Oh, and then dire wolves. DnD maybe?

But still well worth a 5 in my book.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
thanks for posting again

Your stories are delightful.

DogFuzzDogFuzzabout 6 years ago
Well Done

What spelling and grammar errors? Perhaps that is how they spoke and wrote back in the “olden days”. I really enjoyed your tale. Not what I usually see and a delightful change. So, top marks from this “knave”.

Myhands316Myhands316about 6 years agoAuthor
On the Dire Wolf....

Okay for those who are confused.

The Dire Wolf was a northern large wolf that lived in places like all of northern China (Which would include Mongolia) Europe, Russia, and even in Canada. It is believed that some of the larger breeds like the Irish Wolf hound, the Great Mastiffs, Russian Kangle, The French Pryenees Mountain Dog, and the Newfoundland are all from this larger breed of wolf. It is also from this larger breed where many of the Wolf-man shape shifting stories come from the world around. As for the setting, think more of Eastern Europe where it would border the great silk road, where it was known for mercenary knights and the battles for land and access to the silk road and the riches that would result from the taxes and bribes. Think of the Robber Barons and Lords that fought constantly to improve their position with the Kings they held allegiance to. Think of having a title of land in the west but the lords main holding is in the east.

Well I hope that clears that up because keeping this a short story I do not get to give everything the details that I would like.

Thanks

Myhands316

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 6 years ago
Enjoyable tale

Yes, a few errors that can't be attributed to "olden days" like "heals" for "heels", but an enjoyable tale for all that. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Really like this!

Was a great little take was sad to see end. Thank you for sharing! Simple but sweet with great tempo. Nice job!

anonymousinblueanonymousinbluealmost 6 years ago
nice to see something different

I mostly followed this. Who was hiding what where and I must have forgotten whose horse was Batu's. Why a cup was mentioned when it seemed to have no purpose later, I don't know. I wonder if she acquiesced in the end to full cleansing, or a funny realization you can't enslave the willing. I guess he flicked his wrist and threw the dagger and felled one that was coming after him, aiming somehow behind his back and hitting his target. I think something like that deserves a little more exposition, like a sentence or two.

I wish sunshine would have let Batu figure out how to fight his opponent; although I don't really expect a warrior to fight like a gladiator, at least recognizing the tactic to tire him should have been straight up his alley. And, like, you don't go to Afghanistan without a sidearm. I doubt the iron or steel was of low enough carbon for him never to have seen a sword break in battle and doubly so not to be prepared with his own sidearm. The narrator could have told us his thoughts as he saw thought him instead of a big dump by sunshine. I think apart from not risking breaking his fragile male ego, it would have been a more engaging fight if there had been some of that going on in his head.

Funny thing is that he was out of condition as a warrior until he started farming, just in time for this.

Why she was called witch by the narrator is a bit baffling, since it was only for a brief period. Was she a witch? Did the narrator break free from her spell for just a moment to call her by her true nature, a witch? Does he have Tourette's syndrome?

Despite all these things that I wasn't smart enough to figure out, it was entertaining and made me come at least a dozen times. So, I gave it four asterisks..

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
IN DAYS OF YORE....WHEN MYTHOLOGY AND PEOPLE RULED

the rules, wars and games are dangerous and deadly, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Damed good

And very well told. You handle the various interactions nicely, and the passion of the fight rises from the page.

Thank you.

HP

PS. Any more like this please ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The Editor's Caveats Aside

Because they don't matter at all, I enjoyed the hell out of the story. As for the Dire Wolf which has been extinct for thousands of years, I recently saw a show on tv regarding Russian max prisons. The prisoners are in cells with solid steel doors, each having two doors on each side of a man trap. Anytime they are moved from the cells they are manacled in a stooped position and escorted along with a Caucasian Ovcharka dog. Try Googling "Caucasian Ovcharka Attacking", although the are an existing breed they tend to get the point across about what the Dire Wolf was about. Thanks, MH316, for your comment explanations, looking forward to more like this, I think it's the best of yours that I have read. Signed: BTW

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMyhands316@Myhands316
The most recent update! Hi, and thank you for taking time to read this. Hello, I have received questions from a few readers asking why I haven't posted anything new. I haven't stopped writing, but I have stopped posting on this site due to an unresolved issue. Some idiot flag...

story TAGS