All Comments on 'The Bonding Ch. 02'

by randemwriter

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good but static.

Your writing is excellent, and your concept is intriguing, but Anya is so effectively bound, there's nowhere of interest for the story to go. Michael can come up with new ways to torment her, but it leads to no changes or development in either character. Unless she can find some (even minute) way to rebel, I'm not seeing much point, and I REALLY want to like this story. Following the static, unchanging existence of sadist and victim is only interesting to a point. There's no build-up, no interest, no drama without change. Rather frustrating to read something so well-written, with such promise, but have it go no place.

As I said, your writing is excellent, and I'd happily continue reading if you found a way for it to have some sort of plot. In Michael's portions, it's obvious Anya is the most interesting focus of his life. Can that somehow be threatened? Or...?

Without some sort of tension and release, it's just very frustrating to read, despite the high quality of the work. That would be the same criticism I have for your other work, though with those I also can't stand the female characters. Anya is far more interesting than the others. I can't help but despise the other characters (male and female). I think you're really on the right track to something much more interesting with this new story. Hope you keep writing!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous