All Comments on 'The Bonding Chronicles Ch. 06'

by PantherParabola

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Fantastic

Wonderful chapter, explaining much, but creating more mystery. Can't wait until your next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great Chapter

Love the descriptive story reveals. Totally addicted now, so please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Excellent chapter.

You did an excellent job of laying the footer for the foundation of the explanation of things to come.

I also feel that this chapter really changes the potential for this literary work. Karen's limited back story really opens up possibilities for a separate "prequel" story line or to make the current story line into an epic tale with lines from the past tieing in the present and foreshadowing the future. Before Karen's back story everything was contemporary. It was happening right now or within the last year or so. With Karen as a historical tie, you really have the basis to develop how Andrew came to be.

hardheadd1hardheadd1over 7 years ago
Thanks

Getting better and better. Thank you for such an great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Excellent Story

Really enjoying the story so far. Looking forward to where it goes next. How will they deal with a Traveler, the Council, Karen and school. Very much looking forward to the next chapter.

redlion75redlion75over 7 years ago

me thinks I sees the 3 of them in the future and facing the council. every teen boy dream hot girlfriend that want to fuck other girls (hot teacher) and be submissive.

BaddGrrlBaddGrrlover 7 years ago
Wise counsel

"Immortality hides many curses, as I am sure you can guess."

A very wise Doctor from Gallifrey said " Immortality isn't living forever. That's not what it feels like. Immortality is everybody else dying."

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
GJ

good work

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Brilliant, I could only hope for longer chapters (can't get enough of this story).

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
as I see more and more elements introduced

and more and more previously unknown or unanticipated influences being brought in, I would like to offer a request for reflection and moderation. Reflect back on Ch. 01 when we first met a small, timid, fearful and introspective gaming nerd, an 18 year old underdeveloped boy. Please keep him and his parents in mind as the series progresses. Try to avoid being pulled so far into a dark underworld of ominous and foreboding magik that we lose contact with how we got here. All too often a series starts out in one direction focused on the characters as we are introduced to them. But, as the chapters progress it is hard to remember who those people were and what they have to do with transformed and unrecognizable players in a new and totally different saga.

please?

PantherParabolaPantherParabolaover 7 years agoAuthor
Progression

By their very nature the characters are going to change, and Andrew is not going to remain the shy uncertain boy he started off as. My hope is that he will still remain his same self, just a more confident and capable version of himself.

Most stories start with the character as being powerful, and growing in that strength as it progresses. Or starting weak and coming into immense power within the first couple of chapters. It's easier to accept because that strength was always there, or because you barely knew the character before the powers were there.

For Andrew it may be harder to accept because of where he is beginning, and how his abilities are coming in a gradual flow of discover. Please keep in mind that there is a reason he starts off as weak as he is, and why that is changing. It all should unfold and his journey will hopefully feel alright because of how it happens. It will be, as I hope you can tell, a slow and gradual progression that will eventually find him becoming one of the most powerful beings in the world.

Every chapter introduces new threats, new powers and new mysteries. He is still in highschool, and currently his biggest challenge is to that scale, but there are greater forces at play and influences that he is not aware of hovering just out of sight. While magic is a hidden force in this world his presence will become known, and his influence will be felt.

I have just started to consider how that will be played out, but for now this whole high school period is all about him learning what he is and discovering his powers.

A lot of times I feel like my story is given criticism for things that other stories get away with, and I am not sure if it's because of the writing or the world? Are my characters compelling or flawed? Likely both.

There will be things that I write which likely will not be great, I am an amateur author after all and writing from instinct. I never took college level writing classes, and have worked through writing this story to improve my work. I am grateful for the editors that have helped me become the writer I am, and look forward to becoming even better as the story progresses.

I love the fact that some people enjoy my story, and that a lot of times the complaints come from a place that you could only reach if you found something about the story compelling. Either way, I plan on continuing to write on this story as long as it remains enjoyable. I love constructive feedback, and if the characters do something that seems completely beyond their personality please message me and tell me what you think and why.

Ramjet75Ramjet75almost 7 years ago
Greetings

I ran across this story as Ch 3 has risen into the top stories category.

I immediately started at the beginning and am really enjoying the progression of the tale. I like the way you portray the characters and how they are progressing including the foibles they run through.

All I want to do is encourage yo to keep writing this your way. I see no significant errors so far.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Truly lovely

I really like the story so far. The mysteriousness of what Andrew is is nice. Minor styletip: you don't need to explicitly state that you translate from French. You can just write down the translation. It gets you a little bit out of the story if you are completely sunk in it which I was :)

Comentarista82Comentarista82over 5 years ago
I don't

understand Karen's confusion when this tale concludes, with the moonstone and its colorations. Really, aside from exploring possible ramifications of the glade, that part of the installment partly confuses me except for possible foreshadowing of a greater threat yet to appear.

PantherParabolaPantherParabolaover 5 years agoAuthor
Re: Comentarista82

The moonstone reflects a wizard/witch's magical nature. Reflecting their magical power through the color/material of the stone itself. That is why it appears as patches of bronze alloy for Sara, broken and disjointed, while for Karen and Andrew it glowed with colored light. Andrew showed signs of Bronze ally intermixed with the violet glow, while Sara had flickers of purple light shining through the bronze.

Earlier in the evening the orb glowed blue for Karen, showing her magical nature as pure and unblemished, the source of her power reflected in the tone of the stone. After her experiences with Andrew and Sara in the glade her nature has changed, and like Sara and Andrew she is now showing signs of their nature within the stone.

The hidden meaning, which becomes very clear in the next chapter, is that Karen is now bound to Andrew and Sara. That is also part of the reason that she was so horny after leaving. Their activities were continuing to affect her, amplified by the time dilation from within the glade.

Hope that helps, and I hope you continue to enjoy the story as it develops from here.

Brandon11Brandon11over 2 years ago
Bonding

Love this story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Future 3 some coming hopefully. Nice

Dreamdog519Dreamdog51912 months ago

Great story! Strange, that if Karen is gifted at healing, why did she not use her powers to heal Andrew's bruises? We will never know.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPantherParabola@PantherParabola
Like many writers, I've created a Patreon account and am publishing my chapters there in advance of their release here. Since there is no approval process on Patreon, chapters appear there immediately for all subscribers, and may take upwards of a week to appear here. Further,...