All Comments on 'The Bonding Chronicles Ch. 12'

by PantherParabola

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
PantherParabolaPantherParabolaabout 7 years agoAuthor
Dun Dun Duuuuuuuun

Time to see the fallout from the cliff hanger on this chapter. I wonder if this will be my first chapter that is not comfortably hot.

Most interestingly, I am curious what you, my fine readers, think will happen going forward into the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Cliffhanger

Christ, I hope that we don't have to wait as long for the next one as we did for this one. I am guessing it is Calis (sp) to the rescue but great story telling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
more please

amazing story ,baited breath awaiting for the next chapter.well done .

FrenchFriesFrenchFriesabout 7 years ago
AAAHHHHH

Why do you authors do this to us poor readers? Its just cruel. However, I do love your pacing, you spend time on events and activities, and neither does the story speed along leaving me confused. You know a story is good when it puts you in a trance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great Story

This is a great story, thank you for it, I also really like how long your chapters always are. What I think will happen? I would guess Caili saves Andrew. I wondered if maybe he cast the illusion spell, but that wouldn't really make sense as he didn't have the rune, his sprite disappeared, and mercedes probably would have noticed whether or not she actually ripped his chest open.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well.....

I was unhappy with how you decided that Andrew 's mega-reserves of power all got flushed with a little healing assist. Seems inconsistent. I know...adds drama I guess.

What happens?

1: If hibernation is good for bears AND Tani'm...it should be good for Andrew (in a chest ripped open kinda way) as well.

2:Karen will take Tani'm with her to the circle to meet up with Andrew and Sara.

3:Finding Andrew hibernating, Karen and Tani'm heal Andrew.

Please understand.....I am NOT a fan of rape and torture. IF you drag this out and head into those waters, I will be unkind when I vote.

I have enjoyed this story up to this point. Thank you for your efforts and for posting the results here for me to enjoy.

PantherParabolaPantherParabolaabout 7 years agoAuthor
Torture / Rape

Don't worry about that, I'm not going to head down that lane. Sara has never been a damsel in distress, and she is not about to start now.

gregsjlngregsjlnabout 7 years ago
hey you

After this cliffhanger, there should be another chapter up tomorrow. Definitely didn't expect Andrew and Sara to go down do easy but I expect greatness in the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Bad place to finish.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
hope ur not quitting

theres so much room for his tool growth....

ThitabeThitabeabout 7 years ago
Sad

This is a really bad way to end this story. I really hope this is NOT the end of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I'm surprised people think this is the end

If there's one thing I've learned from reading stories involving magic, it's that if the protagonist dies, it's rarely -- if ever -- permanent.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still wondering where the hell you've decided to take this, I just 'know' Andrew won't be out of commission for very long.

(The curse of reading so many stories is that after while you recognize the tropes ahead of time...

The gift is that you realize just how many different ways there are that authors can use the same trope for entirely different ideas.)

-cittran

Rolly_J_McGeeRolly_J_McGeeabout 7 years ago
Hurry... but don't rush, lol!

I hate cliffhangers when I don't have a guaranteed episode release date to look forward to, lol. For all we know the author is burned out. Might be days, might be years... if ever. I dearly hope it's closer to the former, even if it means the author releases a shorter chapter to get us something a little sooner.

Keep up the awesome work!

UnicornofLoveUnicornofLoveabout 7 years ago
Fascinating!

Whoa...whoa....Mercedes is retired...permanently...Andrew isn't going anywhere! Long live Andrew!

Very good story!

Can't wait to read more - great writing as always!

DISCLAIMER: I AM IN NO WAY THE AUTHOR OR AFFILIATED WITH SUCH STORY BY WORK PRODUCT OR OTHERWISE WITH ALL SUCH CONTENT BEING ATTRIBUTABLE TO THE REPRESENTATIVE AUTHOR(S) SPECIFIED HEREIN.

PantherParabolaPantherParabolaabout 7 years agoAuthor
Extra Info

I am not going to stop writing this story, and I still love where everything is heading.

The chapters have slowed down due to my professional and personal life, which have both become complex and crazy. I will leave my professional life a mystery, but as for the personal side of this, my first child will be born soon, and I have been working with my wife to satiate her nesting instincts. It is such a joy to know that the legacy of my family will carry forward with a new generation.

Thank you all for being patient -- I know from experience how difficult it can be to wait for a story you enjoy, which is why I have tried to maintain steady and honest communication about the speed with which chapters are coming.

The outline for Ch 13 puts it in at about half the size of this latest chapter, and will not only resolve the fate of Sara, but explain how Andrew survived his "death."

The one thing I will say, is that Sara is unlike any kidnap victim I have ever seen. She is amazing.

SiriusMorningstarSiriusMorningstarabout 7 years ago
Wonderful

Hi,

I discovered your work a few days ago and just finished reading Chapter 12 today. I'm really enjoying the world you're building. The characters are compelling and I look forward to seeing where they end up.

Keep up the great writing.

MyFlogMyFlogabout 7 years ago
Huh

There was progress made in the story which is nice. Sometimes I felt like detours were being made but hard to say at the moment. Pacing was improved, but abilities seemed inconsistent. The "narrator" has told us that magically Andrew is a phenom and slowly his physical self is catching up. What was then shown to us is less than an impressive outing against actual foes. It's not important that the protagonist be able to defeat his foes easily, or even for that matter be able to defeat them at all, but the narrator has to be consistent and trustworthy.

Dialogue, while improved over the last chapter, still isn't as good as previous chapters. It might just be me but the constant endearments are starting to grate. Dialogue is tough for me so perhaps I'm over sensitive.

I thought the jackalope was inspired. Love it. You have a talent for quickly fleshing out new/one time characters and making them interesting. All told it's another strong chapter, well done.

PantherParabolaPantherParabolaabout 7 years agoAuthor
MyFlog

Thanks for the feedback, and I can understand many of your criticisms. Dialog is definitely something that is difficult to get right, especially with such varied characters, and I will be honest, my work/personal life has made it harder for me to get into my characters mindsets. Which means that their voice is not coming through as strongly as it did before there were these other immediate distractions.

Part of the endearment problem right now is that there are no characters in the story who are in open relationships that are not magically bonded to eachother. Andrew, Karen and Sara are all enveloped within this perpetual cacoon of early love, at least for now -- remember, it's only been two weeks in real time. Andrew's parents, while affected by Andrew and Sara, were the closest to a healthy, standard relationship in the story. Now that they are out of the picture, there is no tempering force to balance it out, and we are caught up with these people who are captivated by a supernaturally enduced sense of adoration.

Once they get through these immediate threats (Brandon, Wildfang, Dr. Blake), I plan to pass through a good chunk of time, allowing the characters to settle into a more formal routine and be on the healthier side of their affections. There are other aspects I am bringing into the story which will come into play later for those that are paying attention, but that will be headed into after their reprieve.

It's funny, because I know that everyone wants Andrew to kick ass and chew bubble gum, which in a way will happen eventually, but for now, he is just trying to survive as he discovers his gifts and becomes embroiled in the world of the supernatural. He is an 18 year old sci-fi/fantasy nerd who came into magical powers, and is trying to cope with his changing nature.

Even if he had not drained almost all of his magical energy in saving Tani'm's life, there was no way he could have stood against Mercedes at this point. She is staggeringly faster, stronger and more agile than he is. Yes, he is becoming more agile and fit which has been a large point of development for his character, but not against someone like that. If it was a gang of untrained human bullies he could have probably fought his way out, but his supernatural physique is not even to where Sara's was when she was half Therian.

I could have done what I have done for several of their other problems, deus ex machina'd a new spell or power that Andrew willed from the ether to banish Mercedes to the Fae, or break her bond with Brandon so that his command could not be enforced, but I didn't want to rely on that. Andrew did what any self respecting nerd would do, figured out a clever way to survive what seemed like a hopeless situation, using knowledge he already possessed. In every way I can think of, that is much more fitting with his character.

Trust me, I'm looking forward to when Andrew has more spells under his belt, and has developed his gifts to a point where he is formidable, but this is all part of the road to get him there. These experiences are what are pushing him towards focusing in that direction. Just as you are frustrated with how helpless he seemed, imagine how that is going to feel to him.

The woman he loved has been kidnapped, and he is effectively dead. The threats in his life are ramping up, and he now knows the degree to which his life has become dangerous. School is over and life has begun, whether he is ready for it or not.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
More Please.

Congrats on U're personal life.

Although I appreciate, I am impatient. I love the story and the characters.

I also love the Genera.

Please, Hurry, Hurry.!

Tall_kTall_kalmost 7 years ago
Absolutely incredible story

It has been a long time since I've enjoyed reading a book as much as I've enjoyed reading this series. That's saying a lot as I read at least a couple of books each week!

Keep up the excellent work! I look forward to reading how Andrew's life and loves continue to develop after (hopefully!) the rescue of Sara.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I need my fix man!

I went to look for chapter 13 and it wasn't there! Seriously though, i know you have a newborn in the house and as any parent here knows they are time and thought consuming, Can't believe you left us with a cliffhanger like that though man that was just evil lol...Looking forward to reading more so i'll keep an eye open for updates/a new chapter release

Tazzy

1Mystrian1Mystrianalmost 7 years ago
wow....

What a cliffhanger... Though I suspect that the spell Andrew caste was something profound and driven by intinct. Can't wait for the next chapter. Though take your time family first.

doofus67doofus67almost 7 years ago
Wow, just wow!

Finally caught up having marathoned this story over the past few days.

What a gripping story it is too, and so, so many questions.

What's with the owl, and Dr Blake, and Mr Spencer, are any of the other teachers or students or his friends not what they appear to be, etc, etc.

I'm also intrigued as to Andrew's parents knowledge of his powers and indeed if they are passed down from either of them.

Whatever the answers may be, this is really skilled writing and i thank you for sharing it with us. One point, please don't spoil this too much with your replies in this section.

Oh, and congrats with becoming a father!

GHreaderGHreaderover 4 years ago

The cursed cliff hanger... No five stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPantherParabola@PantherParabola
Like many writers, I've created a Patreon account and am publishing my chapters there in advance of their release here. Since there is no approval process on Patreon, chapters appear there immediately for all subscribers, and may take upwards of a week to appear here. Further,...