All Comments on 'The Boogeyman'

by Thundertickler

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
This needs a lot of editing.

This story needs a lot of editing - not just for spelling and grammar, but the overall story arch itself. For example, the elaborate character set-up at the beginning and tiresome repeated references to how the character is small, skinny, anorexic, and ticklish gives the impression that those details are highly autobiographical. (Which really gets in the way of the story). The author only has to described the character once, to keep mentioning that he is frail, small, etc., shows the authors mistrust of the readers to remember that detail. Also the jumping between the authors points of view (first person / third person) is a cause for frustration. There is some interestingly original ideas (and characters) on tickle torture in the story which could have made for a great submission if they hadn't been lost in the confussion of the writing.

ThunderticklerThunderticklerover 8 years agoAuthor
Editing

After re-reading the story myself and some very constructive criticism, I and some readers have found some major grammatical errors that needs to be fixed, so I will need to edit the story.

kuk4yookuk4yooover 8 years ago
Please

i'm in agreement with the previous comments.

Please consider this helpful.

i'm looking forward to reading more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Poor boy

That boy sure goes through a lot, looks like the boogeyman sure the hots for him, huh?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The CONCEPT is... good. However. How-e-ver! The EXECUTION is...... poor. Really poor. It reads like over-the-top wuxia times hyperbole to the power of cancer. I can't take this seriously even for a planck second (smallest discernible unit of time). I can't get off to this as it is now. I would totally have been able to get off to this if it weren’t written like a hyperbole to the power of cancer over-the-top wuxia.

(note: the phrasing of this comment is meant to mirror the over-the-top phrasing of the story)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous