All Comments on 'The Booth at Talladesa'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 76 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
too realistic!

It was a great representation of reality... but in LW land you just cant let that interfere. What about castrating her lover, changing the locks, cashing in the 401, cancelling her credit cards, shooting her dog, shredding her clothes, not to mention setting up a porn site srtarring her. Frankly I am disappointed and want a refund.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 7 years ago
Damn

Not enough. Just a little more to earn a rating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

lovely typo in the name

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "too realistic"

I think you were just being a little cute, but there IS a school of thought among those who oppose Consequences, that those of us who enjoy Consequence stories aren't happy unless the cheater is ground into dust. While that may be true for SOME, I believe that I can speak for the vast majority of Consequence fans that the cheater should pay SOME consequence for the cheating. There is often disagreement on whether the degree of consequence is appropriate, some feeling that it is too weak, others feeling that it goes too far, and yes, sometimes the consequences are BTB to one degree or another. But it is counter-productive to demean ALL consequence fans as misogynistic mouth-breathers who want to see cheating wives end up in Mexican whorehouses.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
By The Way

I liked the story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
This isn't over til the fat lady sings

You need to make the fat lady his clueless wife who shows up in the next chapter pregnant and not by him, but by her new lover. When the dust clears he and Sally end up with the custody of the kids and the house, etc... you know you can finish it Bob

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Thing is, he cheated, too

Yeah, he was second, not first, but he was still cheating.

All in all, not a sympathetic character. He stayed with his wife, pretending that he was clueless, entirely due to the money. He fucked his boss, even though he shouldn't have been too horny, since he'd screwed his wife the previous night.

He was willing to stay with Marsha for the cash; maybe he ought to find out the answer to his question, "Is Marsha still fucking around on me? Don't know and don't care enough to find out."

boatbummboatbummalmost 7 years ago
Nice But Needs More

Like many JPB stories, this one needs another chapter. Always leave 'em wanting more, right Bob? ;-)

As others have noted, these 'complicated' kinds of relationships are all too common in real life. Spouses stay with the cheaters 'for the kids' until they can escape without financial ruin, or they try to forgive and move on. Whatever the choice, the trust (and love) in the marriage is down the crapper, however.

Thanks for your frequent, ongoing offerings here!

Dirty_SteveDirty_Stevealmost 7 years ago
Fun story

I agree with most... could use another chapter. You set up an great confrontation and emotional roller coaster for the characters when his kids turn 18. Will he fall in love with Sally... will his wife be surprised to be served... and Sally's relationship sounds like a toxic-bomb ready to blow. Liked the characters, flaws and all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
this IS NOT a consequences story

but an situational example of how cheating can lead to an open marriage.

But since he is unhappy about her cheating, and since we presume that she wouldn't be happy to learn about his cheating on her, then this open marriage scenario is one that probably WILL end in divorce (after the kids grow up and out).

But also, the willingness to help his "boss" cheat? She found herself in the same Open marriage concept, forced into it by cheating.

Irony.

No need to castrate the bulls here, story wasn't about that at all.

Thanks Bob, except the typos and switched names got me on this one. Usually doesn't bother me, but in a piece this short, they should have been fairly easy to detect and correct. But although careless, this was still a very welcome effort.

Thanks again!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1*

cuck shit.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 7 years ago
It was another good story

The point with JPB's stories is that they end where he wants them to end.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 7 years ago
Is It Hilarious or Sad ? Mouthbreather Readers' Chimera Realized Yet Again by JPB ( The King of Dangling Denouements )

They clamor and squawk like baby eaglets petrified to take a flight ( of fancy ) and forage for themselves imagination-wise, practically demanding the author swallow, then vomit their customized ending of choice down their throats for gratis yarn .

The story itself was nimbly told . It clearly meant to amuse and be taken no more seriously then your average George Jones song. I thank JPB for sharing.

RePhilRePhilalmost 7 years ago
Thanks JPB

I was a great read and a.

kimi1990kimi1990almost 7 years ago
As SBrooks said, I liked the story

Still, in a story this length, by an old pro, the number of typos was a little jarring. The story was well told, but I didn't like any of the characters. They made excuses for cheating that seemed good to them. Not to me. End the marriages. That's the choice. Life goes on after divorce and people cope quite well. Staying in a loveless and faithless marriage, then slipping around for sex with third parties is unattractive in any character. Thanks, JPB, and thanks for being a regular contributor and giving readers something interesting on a regular basis lately. Four stars from me. Look forward to your next.

deltaxsi88deltaxsi88almost 7 years ago
I think there's a typo in the title of the story

Is it 'Talladesa' or 'Talladega'?

oldwolffoldwolffalmost 7 years ago
good story but

you need to go to Talladega, because there is no convention center in Talladega... I live there...lol...

SantacruzmanSantacruzmanalmost 7 years ago
Good things can happen too

Really liked your story Bob. The reasons for staying were real and regardless of him cheating, it's the chicken or the egg IMHO. He did get some revenge even if he didn't BTB. Most likely, she is still cheating since he's 'clueless' even if it's with another guy. Just surprised that he hasn't felt the need to investigate. Oh well, Bob, you'll let us know sometime, right!

Always a fan.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Venue and size for exhibit

I've been to a lot of conferences and exhibits over the years and have to add that not all meetings are held at conference centers, some use hotels or other venues depending on the size of the group. The super speedway, for instance, has a capacity of 1500 for meetings and events. Other facilities (hotels) in the area have capacities of up to several hundred. Since the story never said how big the event was, I don't see a problem here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Fuck off

Just another unfinnished load of crud

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Another entertaining JPB special

And that's why I read stories on this site. To be entertained. I could have done with a little more information, just to make the story last longer, but it's just fine as it sits. Even a couple of unintended errors were good for a laugh. I'm pretty sure the title was meant to be "The Booth at Talladega", not Talladesa and when "God" made an early appearance I had to chuckle. Thanks for the tale Bob. Keep after it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Very hot!

I fucked my boss at a seminar out of town, and it was wonderful. He and I are in sexless marriages, and our union was just what we needed. We have been lovers for a year. Keep writing.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 7 years ago
Hum

I feel this is a start on a story that could be interesting and entertaining. Bob, please write chapter 2.

rightbankrightbankalmost 7 years ago
I am surprised by his disinterest

and lack of initiative. A for sale sign in the yard might only mean a bigger house in a different neighbourhood. Even if the other couple divorced it doesn't mean the cheaters are no longer seeing each other.

For personal health reasons I would want to know more about her sexual activity.

It would be difficult for me to have sexual interest and physical contact with her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Far too short ...

... and ultimately; for a JPB story, quite boring.

Sorry but I've come to expect more from you.

rjordanrjordanalmost 7 years ago
Fun read

I like it. JPB left OUT all the gritty details about bank accounts and cancelled cards that make such stories read more like depositions. They're boring and usually have little to do with the actual story. This one stuck to the point, and it was over when it was over. He hints at something between them two weeks in the future, but anything beyond that is not part of this story at all.

IrfonIrfonalmost 7 years ago
Neat & tidy...

...made me laugh - ain't Karma a bitch ? HAHAHA

Impo_64Impo_64almost 7 years ago
They were all cheaters...

They were all cheaters...who began first doesn't matter...They have all chosen, for different reasons, to cheat and stay glued to their marriages...That's an option...the worst, but still an option...a good story...3*

bruce22bruce22almost 7 years ago
Yes, it is a nut cracker.

Being forced to be celibate by an inconsiderate spouse is really heavy, but

to have the public saying that you are a cheater too, if you rebel takes the cake.

I really never noticed how bad a bind I was getting into when I married,,,, but it never

bit me...

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 7 years ago
neat story line

I gave it a 5!. Moved right along, good writing, old style, no electronic gimmicks. You know, when it comes to relationships, there is no one size fits all. Here the Protagonist, considered his options, and like double mint gum, decided to double his pleasure.

FD45FD45almost 7 years ago
Well

What kind of idiot would cheat on Pamela Anderson?

Oh...or was it Alexander? ANY woman would cheat on Jason Alexander so he should look into that as well.

Then again, Pamela Anderson has Hep C and that doesn't wash off.

Think of the love child created by Jason Alexander and Pamela Anderson. Shudder. A gut big enough to support her boobs. Yikes.

chytownchytownalmost 7 years ago
Thanks***

For the read.

ju8streadingju8streadingalmost 7 years ago

i think once someone cheats, the marriage vows are void. their spouses have been released from them, or at the very least they have opened the marriage for their spouses to get sex else where.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1*

unfinished shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Another

Another of a long list of very good, amusing and fun reads by a master of the craft. Thanks for another of a long list.

Tiny Tim

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Thanks Bob

You write tales like the classics of penthouse letters. Thanks. I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Very Good.

I enjoy your work. I wonder how you can be so productive. Keep the stories coming.

tazz317tazz317almost 7 years ago
FROM NASCAR TO NFL

and any excuse is good as the next, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Hamburger, fries and a coke. Always adequate, seldom interesting.

Thanks Bob. What you lack in creativity and introspection you make up for with predictability, and volume. One of the masters of drive thru erotica.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
And there's no going back

My wife started having an affair with her boss ... she had been a stay at home mom to our three children for 15 yrs, within 3 months of her returning to work. At that time, we had been married 19 yrs. Her job involves attending evening, weekend and occasional out of town events, mostly with her boss. Her boss is married, has two children and is very active in our community and church. Almost as soon as she started work, I felt something was off. Over the years, i frequently noticed him staring at my wife, who is very cute and has a fit, athletic body. My wife and I ... and our kids, are into physical fitness, we have a home gym, my wife and I both lift weights, swim and run regularly. Our marriage had cooled somewhat over the last couple of years, but when I asked about it, she always said it was just because of our hectic schedule with the kids ... they all play multiple sports and i coach two of them. We had sex two or three times per week, and we still do, but she started getting secretive about her phone ... saying it was confidential work information, staying out late, going to more and more "events," buying new and tighter fitting clothing, sexy lingerie and always keeping her pussy well trimmed. She denied anything was going on, but I rented a car and followed her one Saturday, when I saw the two of them meet at a house that was for sale. His wife is a real estate agent, and the sign out front listed her as the broker. I took pictures of them going into the house, pictures through the family room window of them kissing, disrobing and having sex ... their first position was her bent over the back of a sofa. Incidentally, I always thought he was a jerk, he's arrogant, and not in good shape, but his dick while not terribly long, was the thickest cock I've ever seen. Well, once over the initial shock, sadness, anger, jealousy, etc., I decided not to confront her, but document their affair ... their office has a non-fraternization policy, so they both would lose their jobs, and so I could use as leverage if needed, as I'm sure he wouldn't want his wife to know, and I'm sure my wife wouldn't want our friends and family to know. I'm also diverting our money into private, hidden accounts ... I've already "given" my two sisters and brother many thousands of dollars, and they're holding it for me. I've changed my will, she now only gets her equitable share, the rest goes to a trust for our kids and my brother is the sole trustee, so she can never access that money, either. I've also sold a lot of our joint assets and bought peices of personal property in my own name as an investment, and the items are easily portable. I have also found there are a lot of unmarried or divorced women out there who like to go out, have a good time and really enjoy sex, which I take advantage of whenever I can. Whether my wife stops her affair or not, our marriage is over as far as I'm concerned, and once the kids are out of the house, assuming she doesn't file for divorce, I'll give her the cold shoulder and continue to live my own life with my own interests.

patilliepatilliealmost 7 years ago
Like meatloaf and mashed potatos

just good old fashioned story for the soul.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 7 years ago
Glad you changed ...

Nice little tale!

Never heard of Talladesa! (Title, no less!)

Often went to the races in Talladega.

oatzaboatzabalmost 7 years ago
"And there's no going back" Anon

You are right, the most important not to be old together, but the way to this aim should not be quick action.

Kind Anon I am tired of those comments where the comment writers want quick divorce or over the top violance.

1. Violance can cause long prison time with the cock of Bubha and the ex husband can say "I am not cuck!" in the prison.

2. The quick divorce without assets salvage measures can cause 50-50% in the divorce.

3. The figures of the marriage statistics show those second marriages are more successful where both (second married) spouses have kids from the first marriage or the second marriage have common kids again.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
@Anonymous 06/25/2017 Re: "Never Understand"

"Whats erotic about revenge,castrating men, shooting the dog, destroying the wife and making her a street walker." - Again, like the other Anon, you're taking the most extreme (and IMHO, probably the least prevalent) example to use as a straw man.

Eroticism aside (I know, another sore point with many!) we enjoy reading stories where cheaters are found out and pay the consequences of their cheating. How many people would watch Law & Order, S.V.U. if at the end of the show the bad guy got away scot-free. Most people like to see evil doers punished.

Now, maybe you don't think that a wife tells her husband that she's going on a date whether he likes it or not, is an evil doer, but most here do, and that's why stories like that get ripped here. I'm sure they'll get a lot of love in Fetish; but not as much attention which is what they really want.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Hope!

He now has the hope of not being used by his wife, and maybe hope of love in his future.

oatzaboatzabalmost 7 years ago
"Thing is, he cheated, too" Anon

I think the modern family or other connactions founded on mutuality. If the one of the spouses is cheating or cheated why the other cheated on spouse MUST BE SAINT?????? I think the cheater spouse lost any right to demand any faithfulness from the other spouse. The cheated on spouse found the truth so he got the freedom to decide on the future. I do not think this husband character is cheater, because his wife started the extramarital affair when he was faithful according to the mutuality and he decided the divorce when the youngest kid has become 18 years old.

I think many readers should forget the SAINT mentality for the MUTUALITY!

Thank you JPB for the story!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 7 years ago
hotheads and absolutists

The hotheads that make comments about an instant divorce are forgetting:

That they have children and he wants to be in their lives more than every other weekend. In five years they will be adults.

That if he goes for the divorce right away she will end up with more than half the assets, when you count child support, spousal support (aka 'separate maintenance', formerly called alimony), the use of the house while he still pays for it and pays the utilities and lives somewhere else.

The way to win is the long way, not to give in to hot rage.

He is not accepting the cheating, he is minimizing the damage.

I'm not a marriage absolutist.

I view it as a contract.

Once one side breaks it then it no longer binds the other side to honor it.

As with any other contract once breached in any clause the rest of the clauses are no longer binding.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Ending?

An ending would have been nice. A lack of actual resolution is unfortunately common with JPB's stories.

sdc97230sdc97230almost 7 years ago
The ending is obvious, at least for him

He's going to have a FWB relationship with Sally while he waits for his children to reach 18 and move out of the house, then divorce his cheating slut wife. Along the way he may also hide as much income as he can so that when its time to have her served, there'll be nothing to divide except the house.

What's less obvious is Sally's future. She never mentioned children, only financial ruin if her "complicated" marriage ended, so there's probably more story that could be told about her.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 7 years ago

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Smart to stay until its is better for you financially but I don't know if I could still fuck her . He could slowly drain all his 401k and any money they have and when the kids go to college refinance the house to the max pay for there school and put any extra in accounts in there name. Cheaters should have to suffer just like all criminals do when caught. They shouldn't be allowed to get off scott free. I would also build a pic and video collage to send to all we know when we divorce. I'm just not sure I could endure enemies one day let alone years. I give him credit for that and I don't consider him cheating because he's been living with knowing about her fuck around for a long time already

oatzaboatzabalmost 7 years ago
Mutuality

@Tw0Cr0ws The marriage absolutists and we are ally! We have similar opinion only we think the mutuality is more important than to be faithful to a cheating spouse untill divorce. If the divorce is a short time to the discovery of the cheating, the faithfulness is understanable, but the cheated on spouse stays in the marriage for longer time (as in this story) for example for sake of the kids the faithfulness is pointless.

I respect the marriage absolutists, because their opinion is a morale high level, but I think to listen to the mutuality is a better solution, when somebody stays in a marriage for sake of the kids for a longer time untill the divorce.

We mutuality supporters and marriage absolutists condemd the cheating, this is why we are ally and this is most important.

The cuck stories are outregouse because the authors want to steal the mutuality from the cuckolds and they advertise a special without freedom marriage type, where one of the spouses is free for everything and the other spouse only is free to eat creampies....The cuck authors can wrap their stories into nice no matter what kind of packaging, the cuck storiries advertise the without freedom for one of the spouses in the marriage.

So the most BTB and Consequence stories can be a special literate Freedom Fight against the advertising of lack of Liberty/Freedom!

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmalmost 7 years ago
Don't normally go for cheating stories

But in this case, he held out for a year, after he knew. Who really knows how long before that they carried on. I have to admit knowing what she was doing, and knowing I would be fucked over royally I would probably do the same thing. Although I am sure I wouldn't have made love to the wife ever again.

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 7 years ago
Bonus points

I always like JPB stories. This one didn't have the extra emotional angst that can make a story better, but I vote 5 stars for the whole JPB pantheon. I really don't see how a spouse could just hang in for years without having a loss of love and affection show up in the marriage. It couldn't happen in the younger married years, but maybe later on in a calmer rut it could happen. The main problem is respect and caring feelings: if you don't have them, you really can't be a good mate no matter how good an actor you are.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1* Wimp Cuck Crap

Jpb must have got this piss poor plot from his own life.

ts0l1983ts0l1983almost 7 years ago
Short but sweet

Short and simple, especially by Bob's standards, but well done. I like the way the flashbacks was used, the lack of angst, and the lack of pretence. Nice.

carvohicarvohiover 6 years ago
These comments...

Some anonymous person called it "cuck shit". Yeah the hero was a cuckold, but he accomplished what he needed. He still got to keep his kids and a comfortable home life. He anonymously nailed the interloper, and he was getting a little on the side. Cuckold yes maybe, but he was doing all right.

Too many comments say the story wasn't finished. I thought it was. Our hero was still on path the get out when his daughter turned eighteen. He could unload on the unfaithful wife then. Maybe that's the unfinished part, an epilogue. On the daughter's eighteenth birthday wife gets the papers and asks, "But why honey?" And he responds, "Let me count the ways... bitch."

Thanks Bob.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good story, Bob...

I pretty much agree with Carvohi's remarks. As long as the judicial system in this country is so heavily biased against the husband, every man has much to consider before kicking the cheater to the curb - especially if he has children. A good story from Bob, could have been much worse. At least this husband wasn't slurping away at the wife after her lover left. Thanks Bob.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Four cheaters

Four cheaters, but the spouses started it. At least he messed with wife's lover.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Cheating is never right.

But this comes as close to it as anyone can. I hope they both do well, enjoy themselves, and maybe even get together permanently when they finally dump their spouses. He deserves to be happy and she probably does, too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Another

Another story cut short.It would have been nice to see how he dealt with Marsha.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good, but taking an important client to Outback?

Really? If the firm can afford two rooms at the Hyatt they can afford to take the client to a really expensive restaurant. I was a semi-important client when I was working and if someone took me to Outback I would have been insulted.

jsch1947jsch1947over 3 years ago

Ex excellent, but incomplete.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Would be nice to end with a flash forward.

And have Frank dumping his Wife, but we all know it will be happening.

TajfaTajfaabout 3 years ago

Nearly finished. A short epilogue would have been nice.

DazzyDDazzyDabout 3 years ago

Hey, anonymous, it's set in Alabama....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A nice twist could have been to send the same photos to himself and have wifey intercept them. Then she would constantly be waiting for the axe to fall if she couldn't get the mail first.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

More bullshit from a cuck writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A good start to a story. Now we just need the rest of it.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

Not unfinished. Anyone who has read more than a couple of these can see the end without being led by the nose:

\

1. He'll keep seeing Sally on the side. Marsha may or may not take advantage of his time away to see new guys.

2. When his daughter turns 18 he'll get a divorce, maybe Sally does also, maybe they just have a FWB relationship.

2a. He decides things are working nicely, why rock the boat with a divorce.

ibuguseribuguserover 2 years ago

Nice one. Short and to the point.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Left

Left like this it is a nothing story.What is needed is information on what happened at the Denver conference and did he last until the kids were eighteen.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good tale. Those that cannot read between the lines cannot see the forest for the trees. The end is good. LP

WetheNorthWetheNorthalmost 2 years ago
Do anons

Not have an imagination?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Ok story. Feel sad for.both Sally and the MC. But seriously, always confront. You can prep some time regarding money if you draw it out. Or bite the bullet and pay alimony. She would remarry soon anyways. Marsha doesn't appear to have any remorse. Can't believe he apebt a year before the Anonymous email to Jason's wife. Then do a PI investigation at random intervals. Most states let.kids decide at 15. You could probably swing favorable visitation rights / joint custody by getting a portfolio of.her lover on video and audio and then threatening to have it go out yo all her contacts. Obviously was a.long affair and her terms of endearment and lust with Jason are disturbing. There is no marriage there. Waiting til 18 foe thr youngest is dumb. Seriously. Maybe wait till thr oldest is 15 and able.to decide. Courtts won't split kids up. She will get custody buy he can probably swing joint vs full if he plays his card right. Carrot on one hand with financial and stick with the other (everyone sees what you did and said). Being passive is stupid. Rather live Ina shit apartment eating Ramen noodles than in a nice house in a dead marriage. Who knows.maybe it is shorter than he thinks. Maybe counseling gets them back to a semblance of a.marriage. Can still divorce her in future. Until.you confront you don't have all the facts. Appears she did it for the swx and illicit nature of he affair. If she picked up.again with another guy, that woukd highly damning to friends and family. Record meetings with her, to make sure she can't pull the abuse card. You have options. Get help and plan it out. But she hasn't checkmate you. He acts like he has zero options. With no less financial resources, he has less options. Sure. But just grin and bear it for so many years is moronic and unhealthy.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...

story TAGS