All Comments on 'The Botanist'

by Carnal_Flower

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AMoveableBeastAMoveableBeastabout 8 years ago

This story is very good. Exceptional, really. Subtle and nuanced and devoid of anything overtly sexual. No surprise that I'd love it, huh?

I might argue the category. It's certainly horrific, but I think it belongs in a different section, a less popular one--Humor and Satire. In fact, I think this is probably the single best satire I've ever read on this site. It's masterfully done, if you'll excuse the pun.

Sometimes hate can be a more powerful motivator than even passion. You should find the person that inspires such hate and take him out for a drink. I bet he'd like that.

5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Amazing

I loved the depth and the power of the story; the blending of science, myth and history into something absolutely fantastic.

I write and I wish I could write like you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

This is completely terrific. This is absolutely a work of art.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Boorish

Well if you want a good snooze I suppose one should read a story like this. Droll and an attempt at overachieving. The story never really comes together, then again maybe the reader just ends finding it too boring. It neither is erotic nor is it horror it just is and so hopefully along with the main character the plants will rise up and bury this deep away to be forgotten.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Interesting

I'm not sure how I felt about this story. Complex, well-written, as much about erotica and the writing of it as anything else. It's a bit autobiographical. Bits of Frankenstein, The biblical garden, nature vs. science, myth ... metaphor stacked upon metaphor, it may have reached too far, passed complex to confusion. It may have taken too many turns and strangled itself. Or maybe it is brilliant. It is difficult to decide. The depth of intent behind it is obvious, though, and for that I applaud you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Artistry

You've created something amazingly unique here. Erotic, engrossing, and powerful. Great sensuality and emotion; stirring to the flesh, heart, and mind; and requiring little in the way of raw sexuality.

Consider your art admirable.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous