All Comments on 'The Brand Ch. 01'

by Abraxis

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
luther78luther78over 9 years ago

Interesting.Never read a story that starts out this way. I am eager to read more. Victria seems to have an instinctual sense of who her lodger is. I wonder why Melody is so afraid and why she had given up on life so early in life. I would also like to see the relationship of Mistress and Slave develop between these 2. Maybe a real Brand could be forthcoming???

parawaparawaover 9 years ago
An interesting start...

Breaking the wall that divides the rich from poor- I look forward to see how this develops. 5 stars to encourage you.

Also good that you humanise the stereotypical careerista. Heart is usually absent in these pages.

DarksideAshleyDarksideAshleyover 9 years ago
Intriguing

A very intriguing beginning. I am eager to see where it goes. Well-developed characters, well-established milieu and mood. A few editorial lapses, but well written.

LadyaspasiaLadyaspasiaover 9 years ago
So different

Very different for this site, really enjoyed it! 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Nice start

Just beginning the series, although you're already on Chapter 10. I like the way it's starting. I'm intrigued by both characters: the junior executive who prefers Norman to Marquez (!), and the homeless woman who associates possibly misguided charitable acts with Unitarianism. Those are lively and amusing details.

One small correction, though. Crackheads don't use needles; junkies do. Intravenous heroin is the drug most likely to produce needle tracks. Crack addicts are usually emaciated, with burns on their lips and fingers from a hot glass pipe and a panicky desperation. Neither habit is easily supported by picking cans out of the trash. Cans might pay for a little alcohol or a few cigarettes, but Mel would have to turn tricks or rob supermarkets to pay for crack or heroin.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous