All Comments on 'The Brandee Situation Pt. 03'

by Freethoughts99

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
dmarqt2000dmarqt2000over 6 years ago
Pt 4?

I hope you have another chapter. Love this story 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Joke

That was stupid. He fucks Brandee and that's ok but his wife can't fuck around on him?

thog4uthog4uover 6 years ago
Gotta Love It!!!

Yes please, it's ironic how cheaters always reply, "I love you, I'm sorry". When the truth from their mouths has been heard. Really, step away from the scene and be gone. Ta very much.

thog4u

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
If only

You know it never works out like that but I do so wish it did.

Freethoughts99Freethoughts99over 6 years agoAuthor

It's human nature; it's hard to see ourselves as the bad guy in any situation. I actually love that Shane is such a hypocrite, because it's real. We know that he justifies his anger and retaliation because, in HIS mind, he feels that he is remorseful for his actions; he has guilt over his betrayal. He does not feel as if Tanya or Marc or Tandi feel bad. But the truth is, we don't know if they do. There's only one side to this story. And, even if he knows he was wrong, just like most people, it doesn't matter. In his mind there will be a winner and a loser, and he just happened to have the upper hand here. It doesn't make him right; it just makes him the "winner". Everyone is wrong, but someone will get the last laugh, and he made sure it was him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Mixed feelings

This otherwise decent story was overwrought with red-pill bullshit. First two chapters focus on a man cheating on his wife with a hot piece of ass, last story somehow allows him to justify it to himself after the fact?

People do shitty things, but this sanctimonious "revenge story" falls flat, since he's as he's just as bad (if not worse) for abusing his position as a father figure to this girl. It's not illegal, but there's a reason why student/teacher relationships are forbidden in most institutions, even if both are consenting adults.

clitlicker4uclitlicker4uover 6 years ago
Loved it

Hope this series continues

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Downhill from here?

Can You imagine how any sequels could turn out? Any scenario where this short moment of triumph for Shane + Brandee is not followed up by regrets, long-term?

In my view, any credible and-they-continue-to-live-in-happiness-together denouement requires all five characters to find new partners ...

But I am a reader not a writer, so looking forward to be surprised ...

Thank You.

typewriter11typewriter11over 6 years ago
Insights

Thanks for taking the time to add your insights, Freethoughts99. Nice to know where your thought processes were in writing Shane's final decisions/actions. I have a better understanding now of his character's motivations and like the ending more for it. The romantic in me can't help hoping he has some genuine feelings for Brandee, though, and that it isn't just about getting back at Marc (",)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
mixed feelings

Good read. First two parts were fun, the last part took a turn that I didn't quite predict. The author's comments about Shane and ethical reasoning do clear up my about painting Shane as justified in his infidelity after the fact.

I guess my biggest misgiving is that my suspension of disbelief for this genre feels a bit too stretched by the revelation that all parties injured by his infidelity have been conveniently abusing his trust all along. Though this makes it seem contrived, it does present a new take on the philandering husband anti-hero. Due to the ordering of events and discovery, we're led to see Shane as a less of a cuck because he took a mistress before he found out he was being cuckolded. Typically, the cheating husband is either a bad guy embracing his immorality, a weak man struggling with his remorse, or a cuck being comforted (though some argue is not a cheating husband). This story manages to have Shane straddle all of those archetypes. I'm just not sure if he's an interesting, complex new type to consider or if he's unsatisfying, unrelatable chimera

randyolegoatrandyolegoatover 5 years ago
Loved it

Great story. I loved it

.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous