All Comments on 'The Bridge'

by RichardGerald

Sort by:
  • 1,024 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous8 days ago

Only problem I had was with his arousal. Most men when they are being cuckolded would either beat the piss out of the guy and/or planning to hurt his family jewels badly.

Mike (died of cancer after remarried beat the guy and gladly went to jail.

Others depending on kids took the short/long way to destruction

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit8 days ago

One solitary star, -because the story cut-off before it fas ended (narrative interruptus)? So we might well be suckered into believing "that's-all-folks" only to discover a second-chapter, sequel or epilogue that totally turns it all on it's toes, negating all before it! -Quite a favourite trick of many Litter-Rock authors, especially those who CAN write a rattling-good BTB yarn, but cannot help but give it the timid RAAC reversal, as their "piéce-de-submission" and fete of defiant compliance!

R.S.

Buster2UBuster2U13 days ago

10 Big Blazing Stars. I just can not see myself as the main character in so many of these stories. Had I been walking around a party and found MY Wife sitting topless on another guys lap it would have been like Hiroshima. I would have exploded on the guy that was my former boss up to that point and hurt him as bad as I could. No Stopping me. I would be so pissed. Sort of like in Halo, the last battle between the Covenant monster and the Spartan. LOL That guy would have been 1 sorry muther fucker. But then I have always been very good in that respect. I understand that Not everyone can or will do what I have so easily done before. But it is hard for me to understand ANYONE not doing exactly that. Just thinking of that stuff fills me with adrenalin. LOL So seeing a character ignore his wife and his boss disrespect him so much and NOT doing anything about it is hard for an action guy like me to identify with. Much less letting the wife walk hand in hand with his boss into his boss's bedroom. Both would be in traction from that one. LOL Regardless, this is a powerful story. He laughs last. Buster2U

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

I see some people commenting that he 'never told her no'.

A man shouldn't have to tell his wife not to fuck other men...

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

One of my favourites. At least eight stars, if not nine. Regretably I can give you only five.

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

very clever plot

desecrationdesecration24 days ago

"We live in a society that supports the few over the many on the myth of some secret genius that they possess." Yes, except that most of the many contribute nothing either. Great literal "burn" story. I see it more as symbolism than literal. If people wanted literal... pragmatically realistic... divorce fiction, they would find it is nothing but loveless marriages, splits that kill the golden calf, lonely kids on drugs, child-abusing stepfathers, and DUI-related accidents.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

The amount of people who think this story is good is sad. No wonder so many crap writers from this site end up on Amazon and their books fail hard. The MC in this story doesn't act normal in any way. No man is going to allow the things his wife did unless either they had an open marriage or she did it behind his back. Most normal men would have stopped it at the dance his wife and boss kissed at. This guy didn't like it but never told his wife off. That is cuckold behavior in a story, when he supposedly doesn't want his wife cheating. Does any of the readers telling us this is a good story see this fact? Apparently not. This story is so bad it doesn't deserve one star. It is not a BTB story at all it's a cuck story.

It goes to show the low standards readers have on this site If you think this story is good don't become an author you will fail.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 1 month ago

Such an excellent 5***** story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Anonymous saying reconciliation is good with conditions:

Really? She never once apologized in the last scene. She tried to deflect blame onto Gabe instead of admitting she was at fault 100 percent for destroying the family. She also made the excuse of how she wanted the "prince" and Gabe wasn't it.

Can you honestly say you would get back together with her after her bling non-apology? Could Gave ever trust anything she said ever again? She already broke the biggest promise she made to him and admitted he wasn't enough.

Is life better without her? He won't know until he gives it a chance, but chances are it will be because he won't have to worry about where she is every day or who she may think is better.

Reconciliation with conditions? That's an enablers and cowards way out. But if that's the way you want to live your life... I certainly wouldn't enjoy waiting for it to happen again. The trust is completely gone and can never be rebuilt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

A sad story. 5 stars.

mndhanson017mndhanson017about 2 months ago

To the anonymous from a day ago, she should have thought of that before hopping in bed with another man, there is no room for reconciliation, she knew what she was doing, she was not drugged nor drunk. So yeah, he's better off without her as her whole behavior was disrespectful to him and their marriage, so those 16 years, 2 kids, she should have thought of that first, but she didn't and she pays the price, actually, they all do because no one wins in a divorce, certainly not the kids and also taking her back only gives her more control because she has proven that she could do it again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

No she showed what she was when she had the opportunity. giving a hurtful loathsome person like her is shortening your life span and you are lucky to be gone while you have more time to rebuild.

People who truly love you do loving things not horrific life destroying things to you.

!6 years?

Not even a hundred years cures that kind of proactive betrayal.

You show what you are under pressure and when opportunities come before you.

Her deserved a loving faithful partner, certainly someone much better than her.

Rocky62Rocky62about 2 months ago

Big balls for our man. Take the slut back and bdsm her good snd hard

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I'm a fan of reconcilation with some conditions so for him to decide he's better off without her than with her ruined he story for me. 16 years, 2 kids and her history as mitigating factors would have any reasionable man giving her a chance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I agree with anonymous 22 days ago.

Kissing the guy New Years Eve would have wrecked most marriages. If not that, her sitting on Gabes lap kissing him would have.

No man would tolerate his wife behaving as she did. Her behavior says, I don't respect you, I don't care of I hurt you, only what I wants counts. You are no longer important.

For her to sit on his porch and tell him he's a nothing man only serves to validate his call to dump her. She truly turned into a vile woman.

The writer should try for more realism. Doing so would not lesson the stories impact and would avoid the readers response of, " Oh come on! This is such bullshit!

eimages911eimages911about 2 months ago

She comes to apologise and continues to insult him about being an unremarkable man. The woman hasn’t learned her lesson, it is all about love and respect of which she has none. Principals are worth dying for not compromising with.

consulting91consulting91about 2 months ago

Great story. You feel the pain that he is feeling. I would have liked a little more build up with Gabe taunting him. Just to make Gabe an even bigger villain.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

It's a pretty good story. I do think that Lyle would have had some consequences for the bridge burning if nothing else though probably there wasn't any evidence he actually did it.

I always hate these wives in these stories who prove how little they love and respect their husbands then act like they're the victim when the husband divorces them instead of owning up to a mistake they made.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I am sorry to disagree with the majority of the posters on this story. This is not a good story. It has so much plot armor it's written like a bad soap opera. Who the hell just stands there while the wife he loves kisses another man? It doesn't matter who the guy is no real man would just stand there. 3 times he caught his wife kissing his boss and didn't do anything. Unless he had an open marriage no guy is going to put up with that. Then the wife telling him she is going to fuck his boss? Who wouldn't have the biggest fight of their marriage and tell her they are going home! Grab their bags and her leaving. Then quit his job on Monday. This whole story is dumb people don't act like this unless they are stoned out of their mind. Burning the bridge at this point is too little to late. A real man would have never allowed his wife the chance after kissing his boss and certainly wouldn't allow her to go upstairs to screw his boss

Next time write a story without so much plot armor that the characters don't act like real people.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Lyle is better off without the bitch, hes not the greatest catch in the world but even he deserves a faithful partner.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

It’s always the cheating cunts that never take any responsibility for the harm and damage and suffering they cause. Poor her, she was the fat girl. She never got the prince but she did manage to get a guy that was willing to work his ass off to become a success but she did t want to struggle. I love the bullshit she shoveled about how it hurt her to see him working so hard, about how he never said “no” as she was making out and sitting in Gabe’s lap naked which obviously makes it his fault…g’z what a dumb cunt.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Great story. You really feel fo Lyle as it plays out. I loved the way he handled the situation and getting revenge. The only way it could have been better was if he met someone new towards the end.

rbloch66rbloch662 months ago

It’s true. Stupid people don’t know that they’re stupid.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

No the guy who did the things he did doesn't take back used trash. That's what people who find partners whose biological clocks are ticking and the chads are done with do.

The kind people who take down bridges and use corporations to strike back haven't taken back ruined goods since people lived in caves.

The question is :Do you deserve a better partner?

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

It was an okay story, but the ending sucked. It felt rushed and chopped off, like there was still more to be added but the author was just too lazy to finish it. It really needed the FTDS treatment, or maybe a Saddle Tramp ending to fix it. The lame way this ended ruined the entire story.. And Yes, I've seen both of the writers that I listed above take a crappy story like this one and turn it into gold. Sorry, but that's just how I feel about this turd.

dgfergiedgfergie3 months ago

I love this story my 3rd or fourth reading. The guy they underestimate always wins in the end.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It's a great story written by a good author but it does I feel need a follow-up or to be expanded. Left as it is feels unsatisfactory which spoils the story. One hopes one day this will be changed to fulfill the promise of a truly excellent story. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This could have been a great story. In many ways one if my favorites, but she never really accepts her failure. Nor does she apologize or accept the consequences. Other than the divorce, there is no payback on her and he is likely held to blame for the divorce. Further, we don't hear anything more about Gabe's fall.

So much promise in this story. While the divorce and Gabe's business collapse is great, her response falls short. Disappointing end!

Odess83Odess833 months ago

Я поражен как шлюха обвиняет ЕГО во всех проблемах... А ведь достаточно было быть верной и все.

LegacybadLegacybad3 months ago

Good story so far. Well written and interesting characters

BruceJ70BruceJ703 months ago

Awesome story!

So well written.

kalash777kalash7774 months ago

I reread it and it's still a good one. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Comment 991: well plotted, well structured, well written. Five superhypernovas.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Needs another chapter

oldpantythiefoldpantythief4 months ago

What can I add about the story that hasn't been said and resaid in the 989 prior comments? For Gloria to think that everything would ever get back to normal just showed how delusional and egotistical she was. Lyle did get his pound of flesh without even getting his hand dirty. It's a five star story.

Freudzslip69Freudzslip694 months ago

I hadn’t re-read this story in a long time. However, I just re-read it for what must be about the fifth time. It’s still a great story, equal at least to “February Sucks” by George Anderson, or “A Promise Made, A Vow Broken by Hooked1957, or “Another Love,” by Richard Gerald, or “Just Once” by Kalimaxos, or “How High A Price” by The Troubador. All great stories; all with a similar basic premise. As do those this story begs for additions...me thinks.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Have to say I don't get all the 'Cuck' Trolls among the Literotica commenters. Sure, maybe he could have stopped her cheating with the employer Gabe. BUT if she had decided to and wanted to have an affair, their marital intimacy was already over anyway. He could not guard her 7x24 and who would want to? Like our current fanatical Trump supporters, some type of Zombie virus has eaten their brains. RG is one of the most literate authors here and one would think these Trolls would learn from his work.

chasbo38chasbo384 months ago

Just another story abut a delusional woman who invents a world in which she can do whatever she wants and blames others for not being able to accept her behavior as being in their best interests. Sad, sad, sad people who deserve what they get when they misjudge the mental a nd emotional strength of others.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

If she really wanted a prince, she should have started exorcising and running in high school. Then she would have got the prince in college. After 2 kids and 16 years of marriage, it's a little too late for getting the prince. Sure the booze and drugs loosened her up, and allowed her to cheat, but being a psychiatrist, or even a child psychiatrist she should have known better that her husband wasn't going to go along with it. He even told her so. That's the thing about these types of stories, you already know how it'll end, but you read it to see the train wreck. Most of Q's or O2O1's stories are the ones you really have to read to the end to figure out what's going to happen. Most of them start of either harshly, or sedately and build momentum from there.

SissyBiJockSissyBiJock4 months ago

It was an interesting twist seeing the cuckold become the "hero". I still prefer when the husband agrees to share and preferably join, but this was well written and had a nice revenge touch. I'm sure the hardest part was ending it, which was a little sudden but was appropriate and held the theme.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos4 months ago

Pretty good story. I think the ending was a bit abrupt. I get what you were going for with the dangling ending, but I think you made Gloria a bit too unsympathetic at the end there. She was arguing to absolve herself of blame, which after what she did, makes her seem either delusional or extremely entitled. Given how the MC in this story is, I can't imagine that it would have gone down well.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Just another cuck story. The husband does nothing to stop his wife or his boss because he is a wimpy cuck. When he saw his boss kiss his wife a real man would have decked him. What did he do NOTHING! Pathetic chump.Then sitting on the bosses lap kissing him and once again the cuck doesn't say or do anything! Sorry this story sucks bad. One star and it would be zero if that was an option.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Paula was the true stand out villain of this story. She was a thoroughly evil pos, and by all accounts she walked away scot free. She also had a terrible grasp on what regulators actually do.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The build up was a little poor, but maybe that added to the surprise, as it became clear that much had been hidden from the MC, the dealing with the setup was absolutely brilliant. It was just unfortunate that he didn't make it absolutely clear that if she went through with it there would be consequences.

Likewise the ending was far too quick. Whether he likes it or not, they have a lifetime of parenting, holidays, weddings and grandkids to deal with. His hard ass attitude isn't going to win any prizes apart from estrangement from his kids. They will always take the one that has the most regret and pain over the one that's strong enough to just walk away... that's just how kids deal with such things.

Not saying it should have been a reconciliation story, just that the way the MC left it was a little immature, and it'll definitely bite him in the bum.

mainer42mainer425 months ago

good read and a nice twist on the ending. RAAC would have been wrong here

James G 5James G 55 months ago

Dammit, hit "send" by accident

Rest of the comment I was writing:

"Now you want me to be a good little cuck and take you back for... what? Appearances and someone to watch the kids and pay the bills while you form an even LOWER opinion of me and look for your next monkey branch? For God's sake, you're a psychologist. You should understand how terrible that would be for me, and how damaging living in a house under this sort of strain would be for the kids. This is best for everyone but you, and you even asking shows once again that YOU is the only thing you care about. Now get the fuck off my property before I call the cops, you ignorant cunt."

James G 5James G 55 months ago

Good story, but that bit at the end?

This would have been better:

"Of course I'm better off alone, you stupid whore. You just told me you don't love me, that you settled for me because you didn't think you could get anyone else. And you have clearly never respected me, since at your first chance not only did you leap at it, but you did it in the cruelest and most uncaring way possible. You wanted to punish me foe your own lack of respect and love for me, to make it clear I was, am, and always will be NOTHING to you. Now tou

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

If you can burn a bridge while everyone is asleep, you can burn the cabin instead. Just block the exits, both doors and windows from the outside while people are passed out. Then enjoy the show!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It’s a great story that I have read a number of times, but still quite sad. I would have liked to have seen all the Frat boys get hurt and that stupid bitch Paula needs to learn to read people better. Slut wife I am afraid got exactly what she deserved.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I NEVER get further into stories like this than when the boss french kisses the wife in front of everyone. Sorry.

XluckyleeXluckylee5 months ago

Third read , still 5 stars from Xluckylee

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I enjoyed this story again. Couple of issues: 1. There's just no way I'd tolerate "passionate kiss" at a Christmas party so easily. 2. When Gabe told me he had already called my wife there would have been serious discussion about why he would do that. He'd be told not are we NOT going to his weekend retreat and he needed a new business attorney. I realize this is fiction and the stories have to skirt corners but there's just no way either of those would be tolerated.

26thNC26thNC5 months ago

Best of all RG stories and one of my top 10 all time LW favorites.

dgfergiedgfergie5 months ago

One of my favorite "honey I'm going to have sex with another guy" stories. The MC in this story was so come, cool and collected. Taught her paramour lesson, don't mess with another man's wife. My wife lost all respect for me. Started going out bars by herself. I didn't raise hell and she wanted a divorce anyway so we got one. $20 bucks for a divorce book $75 filing fee, 90 days later one more divorce in the books. You don't really need a lawyer if you both agree. 5 stars before after and again.

ChanceofawesomeChanceofawesome5 months ago

Oh this is a story for people who got cheated on to feel better about it.. interesting. I won't yuck your yum.

ChanceofawesomeChanceofawesome5 months ago

I always wonder what those comments want when they say how gross cuck fantasy stories are but I guess it's this.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

“anon.1” What is seriously wrong with you? How could anyone suggest, he take his wife back. Time for you to leave, the cats need their litter box changed....

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

This is one story that will not leave my head. At least he gets some closure as they call it. I do feel he should have been harder when his wife gave him the ultimatum. I am glad some of the click got their just rewards and for laughing at him. I wonder if they leant anything from their experience. I hope Paula got a life lesson to assess persons better and perhaps not be such a bitch in helping marriages be destroyed. I feel sorry for the children but being with their mother who thinks she did little wrong my well rub on those children. I would have liked a bit more dialogue in that last discussion for him to say I did not agree to your ultimatum or say yes. This is all on you. And I bet you did not bang him on the one night did you? Then you call me childish, you need to look under your bonnet (ops hood) and see how your engine works because its only running on one cylinder at the moment.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

My wife was a relatively short, 'pleasingly plump' college girl when we married, but I always saw her through the eyes of love. We went together to the pool 3x/week for many years, because I was also a short rolly-polly Irish-American guy, and we became much leaner and more.... ahh. energetic. And, yes, the guys hit on her all through the 20s-30s for her incredibly warm personality, but she never looked around, until her death of cancer at 39. We had a CLEAR understanding of 'one and done'. I would have dumped this bitch wife too without question. Another classic by The Master. My third read too. Hope this writer went on to be a professional novelist.

MountainMan1336MountainMan13366 months ago

I have read this story many times, and to me the cheating slut wife got off way to easy. As for the elitist Gabe I think he should have been put into a hospital for a few weeks. But at least in the end he was rid of the slut wife and left her broken. That my friend is a very mild form of revenge and justice.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Why do fat girls that work off all the weight feel the need to ditch the guy who was with her through thick and thin, pun intended, for some glamor boy? Then have the nerve to suggest she loves her husband? "I just needed it because I worked so hard for my body and the glamor boy was paying attention to me." Like the past 16 years never happened. Women who do that clearly have no real feelings for the husband who was always there for them, then switch for a one off all in the name of self gratitude. She should just admit she settled and move on.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Just another delusional slut lured in by a guy with some power and influence. Yeah she has some self-esteem issues from her past that certainly influenced her, but if she really loved her husband she wouldn't have done what she did, no matter what. And that's all there is to it.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

@PrincessNutNut

You mean to say what you got out of the story and felt obligated to share with everyone was an age discrepancy of 2 years of the wife? I’d suggest therapy

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

confusing. obviously wife was in contact with the other man at least since New Year's. She was wrong.

However...what the hell was the husband doing? There were several times when wifey was obviously way over the top. What did hubby do? Absolutely nothing! He just walked away. wifey would be able to reason hubby didn't disapprove and perhaps he was a cuck. Why, after the first incident didn't he just grab her arm, tell her he was leaving in 15 minutes and if she went with him, they would try counseling to see if they could save their marriage? If not, she would be locked out and divorced. Why did he not act until after she had sex??? Frankly, his actions, or lack of, are more disturbing than hers. Burning the bridge was a nice element.

Samson

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Great story! Two issues, Paula, Ken, and Glen got off waaay too lightly; a twenty gallon gas can would weigh close to 150 lbs, not something easily moved, several 5 gallon cans would have been better.

Mfj

illjoyilljoy7 months ago

Huh rare, RG story with protag that has a spine

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohio7 months ago

This is the third time I’ve read this and I still think it is one of the best LW stories on this site. The story is plausible, the revenge sufficient and appropriate, and the husband is not a willing cuckold. Other than minor editing, the writing is excellent. Too bad i can’t give more than 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Paula and boys kept having problems the next 25 years. Marriage plus 50%plus a bonus year. They contributed so paid for it

PondLife2023PondLife20237 months ago

Another cry of “Mistake” what she did wasn’t a mistake, it was a deliberate act!

Her mistake was thinking she could get away with it, that there would be no consequences!

Wrong on both counts. Trying to use the children to apply pressure to get what she wanted unfortunately was unlikely to cause any legal response, even though blackmail is illegal.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

What is with you weirdos and wanting women that are Amazon's? 6'2"? Really? What are you 7'5"?

PraetusPraetus7 months ago

I dislike the "are you better off with them than without?"

It starts with the assumption of needing someone else. That settling with the familiar is enough. If someone is remorseful and owns up... Maybe. If they own the mistake.

But humiliating someone, being demonstrably cruel and dismissive then only coming back as a combative individual, when you finally see consequences? That's entitlement.

Now, people make mistakes and terrible decisions. And MAYBE these two could reconcile a fair bit down the line. But she needs to put the work in. Not self pity, not snarling demands.

Some LW stories the retribution is too much. But here, for the man to retain his sense of pride... And if he hadn't done this you know we'll his boss would've held it over him (because he'd have seen him as weak) and his wife would've been seduced by the idea she can get away with it. Any partner who feels superior, man or woman, and holds their spouse in contempt will become crueller.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

So this author does not divulge her gender using a male pen name to confuse the reader while she publishes her hateful crap in which sluts are excused for their sluttish behavior. Avoid unless you are a complete wimp

Alvares1414Alvares14147 months ago

A far cry better than "Another Love" that's for GODDAMN sure! Now, I hope there's no sequel lurking nearby where she justifies her whoring and he takes her back...

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This is my all time favorite story.

SkubabillSkubabill7 months ago

Stil a favorite.

Soundguy39Soundguy397 months ago

So....Nobody gas brought up how this all started yet. The Christmas party is where all the cheating action and lying began for Gloria. A deeply passionate kiss with his boss?? Are you kidding me? That would be the only forgivable consolation prize any normal guy would have given his poor old previously fat and ugly wife. She even told him that she settled for him because he was plain and unexciting, but maybe a little smarter than other guys she knew. She went running all by herself without him and only for herself without giving him a second thought. Hell, she should have run down and bought herself new tits to go with it as he was as good as he was going to get in her opinion, and she didn't have to settle any longer.

I guess she was never going to mention him calling her and them basically planning that whole weekend with and thought of her husband of 16 years. Not even asking him first, although that would never go anywhere with me. They talked on the phone for months behind his back and planned to crush and hurt him. Gabe even told him that Gloria was already fine with going and was looking forward to it. If they were going to do that, why bother inviting him at all? To humiliate him and have him listen to having the shit screwed out of her?? Yeah, and them some. What a cunt

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I love it when a little guy takes a big shot down. It's just hard to understand how stupid some people can be.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I agree with wife. Husband should be satisfied with his revenge and take back his wife for good of his children and compassion for the once fat girl.

anon.1

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Until in a situation like this you do not know how you would react. A good friend was in what he described as a simulation situation beat the other guy severely and my friend ended up doing time. He and his wife divorced. The guy was her boss. One thing for sure he will never have children of his own. My friends ex has not dated as of now and my friend is do to get out in a few months. I wonder what might happen.

HighBrowHighBrow7 months ago

He declares "I believe it is the difficult times that bring you together and make your marriage strong". Yet, when times got difficult, very difficult, he scorched and salted the marital earth. I don't blame him for bailing from that disloyal bitch, but he is hypocritical, as are we all.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The whole story is flawed. I am trying to figure out why so many previous comments are saying this story is good. This is a cuck story. The whole premise is terrible. The husband agreed to the cheating by his inaction four times. When the boss kissed his wife while dancing with her. When he got to the house and his wife was in his bosses lap kissing him. The again the next day kissing the boss. Then later the wife finally tells him she is going to have sex with his boss and does nothing again. That s a spineless cuck. His feelings got hurt after he heard his wife wailing in the bedroom. Then he takes action but it's already to late. If the husband said no and the wife went ahead and met with the boss behind his back that would have been different. Sorry you write well but the story is seriously flawed.

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut8 months ago

Good if not great 5-star story. Why then did you not bother to read through the story. At the beginning he is 38, and she is 36, then later it is explained that they married straight out of college, both at the age of 22.

A small point that doesn't affect the story in any real way, but it does gnaw in your head.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

"What you and Gabe took from me was the security of my home. I can never recover that because those bastards proved that what I had believed in was an illusion. You and I were an illusion,"

Obviously what she did poisoned the well of memories that formed their marriage. So he distanced himself, and rightly so. "What's in our past can't be changed. We must live for our future." She dissolved their shared past, and became only part of his future as a divorced co-parent. Were there a sequel, as an improved man of circumstance, he would find a new partner that would prove a great stepmother. His revenge would be her getting to see what would have been hers.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I love how all these BTB stories concoct perfectly reasonable explanations for why the "bitch" strays, make her sympathetic, and the moron cuck can't get past it for no good reason.

Here's a twist to all the BTB enjoyers. Maybe she is better off without such a narcissist. 1/5

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Should have just said yes. Just to hurt her. She will have deserved it.

(On other acvount taking her back into a heavy Master/Slavegirl relationship is also great. Kids get a family. She gets to keep a farce. U get sex. Just make sure she has no legal rights to anything u own)

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Memo to drbenchpress, this story is over 7 years old. Wanna be writers have been copying this author’s plot line for years

demanderdemander9 months ago

Really a classic. Brings to mind Hegel's master/slave thing. D

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This wasn't the story I was looking for. I was looking for the one with a group of friends who were spending a long holiday weekend together and the MC had to fly out of state for his company to look at a business they just bought. While he's gone, his wife has sex with 3 of his friends, and doesn't return his calls, or pick them up either. I just can't think of the name of that story, but I do know it has a 2nd part.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I liked it, and Gabe and Gloria got what was coming to them.

Medussa55Medussa559 months ago

A sad tale that nobody wins. It might have been nice to see what their futures held but probably not much I suspect. I certainly can't see a future together and as the kids are old enough to take care of themselves she won't be able to use them as a bargaining chip for long. Although I can understand why Gloria did what she did, what a stupid, stupid woman. I think it was only the early years struggle that kept the marriage together I don't see much love in it.

Great story but so very sad

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This story provided comfort to me that after marital betrayal he held his ground and took care of his mental health.

XluckyleeXluckylee9 months ago

I first read this story several years ago and it has been in my head ever since. I rated it five stars then and still think it rates 5 stars from Xluckylee

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Not a bad work. Good guy wins. Bad wife/woman loses ... for a change ...

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Gloria: Kissed Gabriel passionately leading to the weekend at his cabin. There, she's in a small bikini playing with & kissing Gabe in the pool, before not asking but telling hubby that she's spending the weekend with Gabe. She'd then say months later she didn't want to hurt Lyle. If she didn't want to, she shouldn't have fucked the man, but she did. Lyle didn't say no? Shouldn't have to!! But then, of course, she said what she's going to do & it's happening.

>> Gloria's then surprised (I believe) when he divorces her? What man would keep a woman that so easily betrays him without a 2nd thought? Her loud moans were an act? Could & could not be. Maybe she's just saying that to get him to reconcile with her, not wanting to tell him the guy's that much better.

>> Better off with her & the kids or without them? "The kids, I'm better off with them. But for you, I can't say right now, but I'm thinking I'm better off without a cheating wife that'd set me up & humiliate me like that, & not knowing when the next time, probably behind my back knowing my reaction, will be."

>> I agree with "Simon_Masters" in that my sabotage would've been more than what he did. Starting with tampering with the engine, slashing their tires, even just putting water/ sugar in the gas tank. The only part I disagreed with somewhat- his leaving the new company after just starting to be a partner with his old friend again; nothing against the friend, but he didn't give Lyle notice what he's planning on doing, & Lyle just started with the new company.

>> I must also say there wasn't ANY retribution of any type against Gabe or the others, except for Gabe losing his business. And for the wife, a divorce. Should've been more, like at least messing with their cars. 3 stars as I've read a story or 2 very similar but without the bridge. Needed more difference. Bob

Simon_MastersSimon_Masters9 months ago

I love to revisit this one. I hate these get quick rich types, thinking they can have what ever they choose, with no thoughts for those in their wake.

I stand by my comments of 5 months ago, my sabotage would have been more wide spread and insidious, none of their vehicles would have left the mountain.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Another of this author's classics. Sure there are no "innocent" parties in this at a principled level. His revenge on the wife's paramour, for example. But he didn't actually do anything fraudulent with the funds. She, on the other hand, was definitely not so innocent. Open and shut. No husband would stay in such a marriage, so he took practical actions to end it, and look to his interests: children, custody. This guy understood well understood where his interest lay. Her, not so much. Old Sal was lucky to have him for a business partner.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Five stars at both ends of Th4 Bridge.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous