All Comments on 'The Bridge Club Ch. 10'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
is there supposed to be love in this story?

The story is still interesting, I suppose, but it's all starting to look very juvenile after what I thought was a strong beginning.

The start was simple: a bet between a nice guy and an asshole. Awkward, the bet, but the story was written in such a way that the nice guy stayed the nice guy. Romantic-ish outings and the women breaking off with him (so, no guilt or moral conflicts).

Then the weird begins to happen. Three of the women willingly bed with Massimo the asshole, and then act in a way typical of the best BTB stories: they regret their stupidity/weaknesses, even cry about it. What's this supposed to say about the lot of them? Nothing to instill confidence in a woman's ability to think past a big dick between her legs.

Oh, yeah. True love. A host of demands are dumped on the nice guy because -- because at worst he was half as bad as the bad guy that practically everyone else dives into bed with. WTF? Talk about hypocrisy and double standards. Meanwhile, the deeply in love Norm is fucking Beth with full enthusiasm. That's OK, it's only sex and Christina is still making up her mind what she's going to do.

OK, I admit it. I'm totally lost. The plot meanderings are interesting enough to hold my interest, but it's about people who inhabit a different universe from the one that I live in.

HamsterHamsterover 8 years ago
Yea, But

Yeah, but adult juvenile. The games we play to arrange sexual partners are the same ones we learned in high school to find and learn about the opposite sex. Maybe a few kids in H.S. are into those games just for sex, but that is the minority. This game is 7 against 1 with the 1 being Massimo. Keep bringing it, Aspern!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Interesting Story

Short, to the point and intriguing. Waiting for the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great writing!

Of course some stories are based on universes different than our own... I think this writer starts with an intriguing premise and then gives in to it and then he takes us exploring... and probably is exploring himself. These people are different than most of the people I know and in a different context than one I am familiar with but yet I have known people who aren't that far off from some of these characters, so it is credible to a degree but even if it wasn't what makes the story really great for me is the writing, the descriptions, the humor, the clever twists and even the outright silliness! Very, very enjoyable in my opinion!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES