All Comments on 'The Burning Boat Ch. 01'

by Just_John1

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
congrats just john1

top of the range story i thought,a good romance with a little nookie thrown in to spice things up.for a bloke im a sloppy romantic & proud of it.. LOL.looking foward to part 2.good story line as well,rescue of the damsel in distress..my vote is 10/10,regards geoff

wjthermanwjthermanover 19 years ago
Outstanding

Please continue! One wonderful story indeed!!!

bearleebearleeover 19 years ago
Most excellent story

None of the old trite stuff here-really well written and more than that-it holds the reader's interest-looking forward to part 2-of course the fact that Laurie is a nurse influences me some...lol Nice job John!

SalamisSalamisover 19 years ago
Too much too fast

In general, I liked the story but you got these two people together entirely too fast. It would have been better if there was more of a buildup. Letting us know the history of both parties was not enough. You spent more time describing his furniture and fixtures!

hongluobohongluoboover 19 years ago
Wonderful Story

Am so glad you are still writing... been a while since I checked if you had written anything new.... can't wait to read Chapt. 2.... have always loved the emotional vunerability in your stories and I am a bloke too!!... thanks...

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Ur the gr8st

ur the greatest, I really love how u use ur own name in ur stories, ur my favorite writer in all the categories u write in, this was a great story, perfect except I think it would have been better with more of a first time effect to it, being introduced to the wonders of sex, libby and John first time was probly the greatest Romance/first time story i've ever read and it would have been good to incorperate that kinda thing into this story, although I enjoy the variety, by the way,"mental Telepathy" was my second favorite story ever (following "the librarian" by ravenswing, my other favorite writer) I've read ur story twice and would like to say congratulations on the great job.

fanfarefanfareabout 9 years ago
Been there, ducked that!

I like the realism of your description of the oncoming storm. Writing smart characters smartly preparing for disaster. Survived a couple of those myself.

PS, sorry to be an ultracrepedarian asshole but around the Pacific Ocean hurricane force storms are called typhoons.

Why? Cause why knot?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Right after John rescued Laurie, she told him that she had just left her husband. The next day, she told him again that she was running away from her husband. It says that John was so disappointed to hear that she was married, that it was like a physical blow? Why? He already knew that.

John tells Laurie that he was “drowning in a different but equally lethal form”. I find it very distasteful to compare being rich and lonely to being physically and mentally abused by a spouse. Nothing equal about that. No comparison.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous