All Comments on 'The Cauldron'

by Seanathon

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Nice Story.

Good use of Celtic myth & legend. Have U got more Celtic Myths & legends U could put to this use, if so, please do so.

BigChiefBigChiefabout 10 years ago
Outstanding

Good job once again.

jonthechaosmanjonthechaosmanabout 10 years ago
Good luck in the contest.

I am trying to read all the entries and vote to support the other contestants.

Good read. I really liked the buildup and the way each new bit of information cleared up more of the mystery.

I do not like the incest category and only read it for the contest. It turns out, much to my surprise, that I could relate to the father and why he did what he did. I imagine that facing the same choice I would have responded the same way. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Only one issue.

This is such a well written story, and it is sullied by the political ideals clumsily thrown into the end of it. I don't appreciate being subjected to political views, religious beliefs, or morality beliefs in my entertainment. It isn't necessary to the story, and seems out of place. There is no natural progression between the story and the expressed views.

While I do not disagree with the views expressed, I do not like them included in this story. I would love to see the last couple of paragraphs revised to be less political activist and more natural to the story. It could have easily been a lack of love and compassion causing them to not return, and no mention of the topic of abstinence needed to be included. I will never be okay with being told what I should teach any possible children I may have about sex, and will never be okay with telling others what they should or should not teach their children about it.

I hope the author does not feel that my opinion lowers my rating of the story, because that is not the situation. The creativity, beautiful writing, and it's ability to draw me in as a reader deserves no less than 4.5 stars. As that rating is not possible I have given a rating of 5 stars. Good luck in the competition.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Only one problem that I see.

The way you ended this demands a follow-up of the characters. Yes, worth five stars, but do the characters throw off the conventional family dynamic and become more sexually open -- especially amongst themselves. In other words, do Alec, Allison, and Moira become a family that defies the "norms" of society, and, by extension, how do Kaylee, Brody and Grabriella fit into this new life? Another question, when Kaylee's parents and brother woke up from the Sidhe's spell did they realize what they had done? The end of this tale needs a follow-up.

Corco763Corco763about 10 years ago
Endlich!

Es ist geschehen! Alec hat Allison gevögelt. Lange hat es gedauert. Alles war ewtas kompliziert, aber Ende gut alles gut.

Normalerweise reichen meine Englischkenntnisse aus, um einen solch kurzen Text zu übersetzen. Aber diesesmal bin ich so überwältigt, dass mir die richtigen Worte fehlen. Deshalb ist die Übersetzung manglhaft.

Übersetzung:

It lasted long time!

It has happened! Alec has "birded" Allison. All probable translations I have found, do not hit, what I want to express. "To fuck" is too hard, "to make love" is too smooth. Usually my English knowledge is good enough, to translate such a short text. But this time I am so overwhelmed, that I do not find the right words. Therefore the translation is inadequate.

But all is well, that ends well.

EyelanderEyelanderabout 10 years ago
Great story

Not often when i come across a good storyline story. Very nice, but still lacked some incest, but still it was great.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Fantastic!

Good mix of material, story and action. Only thing I wish was that you had slowed down on some scenes, but maybe that's just me wanting more detail! Hot hot hot!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great contest entry!

This is a very well written story that not only had action, passion and feeling, but also sends a great message about how we treat Mother Earth. It was so interesting! I love the call to action at the end and how grateful everyone was for each others help; that is another lesson many people still need to learn. Easily a perfect 10, but since I can only give it a 5, that's what I did! Best of luck in the contest!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
1 star

Cause this is really a chapter story and shouldn't be allowed in the contest

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
1 star story. Nice bigoted ideology there, "Captain Libertine" "Teaching abstinence is terrifying and will destroy the world!" ....thanks for the laugh.

Seriously. Thanks for the laugh. It must be nice, living in a place, and surrounding yourself with people that never disagree with your core philosophy. Groupthink. Kinda like segregation, but creepier, and with more willful ignorance of reality. It was a good story until the preaching started, though, I'll give you that.

PS: Oh! And nice job "appropriating" a minority culture's ancient symbols and twisting them to your own fevered, culturally ignorant interpretation. Sidhe only care about sex now, huh? Did not know that. I'll tell my uncle, the fanatical Irish patriot with a severe obsession with Irish history and mythology/religion. I've no doubt he'll be interested in your scholarly, in no way offensive, interpretation of sacred myth. But it's just a story, right? Sure, that's true. Doesn't change that fact that it makes a mockery of real, culturally treasured myths, and shits all over it and them with a simmering bigotry that's all too common towards anything sacred, chaste, (look up the definition before going off half cocked. It doesn't just mean virginal) or in any way not "liberated" these days. Pricklike behavior is pricklike. Fictional or not, erotica or not.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
5 stars

Loved it

sassysasha89sassysasha89over 8 years ago

Taking the ancient religions of paganism with the holidays Samhain and Beltane as background and events with your story was awesome.

I've been learning about the old religions that predated Christianity. They were nature based religions and nothing like that I was taught when I was a child.

Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

We really need another entry into this storyline, whether following the same characters or new ones set within the story's world. Just can't get enough of this!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Loved it.

You should consider doing a third entry in this series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Keep going really enjoying it !

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

First and second parts were awesome stories and kept me reading till the end. I sure hope you keep writing

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous