All Comments on 'The Circle of Love'

by CrossCountryLover

Sort by:
  • 59 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
That was a beautiful story

and I'm still wiping away the tears in my eyes. Good luck in the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
One of the Best

When a story moves me to tears, I know it is darn good.

RicticRicticover 18 years ago
Wow

Oh my. What a beautiful and moving story. I am a big guy, but I had tears rolling down my face as I thought about my beautiful grandchildren. How fortunate we are that they are healthy. Good luck in the contest. Keep writing and thank you for letting us enjoy it.

james_1957james_1957over 18 years ago
The best story I've ever read on this website

Thank you Cross Country Lover for sharing with us such a beautiful and heartfelt story. A story filled with love, compassion & passion. Thank you for reminding all of us that "the circle of love" is indeed the rule & not the exception. You are a very gifted writer & I look forward to reading all of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Praise!

One of the best. Thank you for this wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
There aren't any words...

your story was heart felt and touching.

always, E

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Brilliant.

Halfway through the first page I realized the Alex's Lemonade Stand connection. It's wonderful to see something so important integrated here... and it's a wonderful cause as well. Anyone who doesn't know the story of Alex should look it up - very touching stuff. I read about it in Philadelphia Magazine a couple of months back and it blew my mind. Anyway, that aside, this was a beautiful story, charming, sweet, sexy, emotional and intelligent. Keep up the excellent work, and I am truly sorry for your loss.

Selena_KittSelena_Kittover 18 years ago
Heartfelt

Clearly a subject close to your heart, well-done and moving. Good luck in the contest!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wonderful

This is a wonderful story. I know the greif that you feel for your lose, my Grandfather died of cancer 5 years ago on Thanksgiving. Your story brought back a lot of memories of the time spent in the hospital. But all of those memories are what make our family even stronger today! Good luck in the contest, I think you deserve the Grand Prize!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
what sweet and sad story

your stories was so wonderful and very sad

i had tears running down my face your story

is one of the best i have read i hope you win

with this story

sacksackover 18 years ago
besides being a simply wonderful story.....

you've educated thousands of people on a little known subject. Very professional effort and thank you for sharing your writing talent.

aNAUGHTYgranny4uaNAUGHTYgranny4uover 18 years ago
This 0ne is the Best

Just wish I could vote a 200 score cause this one is the best of the ones you have written that I have read. Had me totally in tears by the middle of the first page and kept me in tears all the way to the end. It is really a strange coincidence but I was just discussing childhood cancer with a friend today and she was telling me about the child of a friend of hers that was undergoing brain surgery today because of cancer, asking me to remember him in my prayers tonight. I would not have remembered the prayer request if I had not read your story.. thanks for reminding me and thanks for reminding me that cancer cannot be cured without our financial support.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
The Best yet

XCL, Simply the best story I have ever read here. Thank you for such a heart touching story please keep writing as you have yet another forever fan.

geminidollgeminidollover 18 years ago
Incredible story

Cross Country Lover, what a great story. I had to read in in stages because I would get so teary-eyed I would have to stop and come back to it. Cancer is a horrible disease and people should be aware of all the different types and how many people are affected by it on a daily basis. This will be the first Thanksgiving and Christmas without my dad who passed away in April, and I know it's going to be tough, but I have a brand new grandson that I know will brighten everyone's day.

CrossCountryLoverCrossCountryLoverover 18 years agoAuthor
Touch You!

Thanks for all the wonderful comments. I hope I touched your hearts with this story and helped you to realize and appreciate the good things you have this holiday season.

Sometimes you can touch people with your presence.

Sometimes you can touch people with your words.

Sometimes you can touch people with your heart.

I hope I've accomplished all three!

Hugs!

-XCL

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A very tender and moving story

This is the most tender and moving story I have read on this site.

My brother died of Leukaemia a year before I was born, and Mummy died of Cancer when I was almost 11, so cancer has seriously affected my life, but it is good to know the researchers are now making progress.

I am sure that this story will inspire readers to give to the various cancer research and relief charities this Christmas.

Aurora BlackAurora Blackover 18 years ago
Beautiful & Moving

XCL, congratulations on your story. Very tender and emotional. Good luck to you!

CrossCountryLoverCrossCountryLoverover 18 years agoAuthor
Wow! Thank You Readers!

Being brand new to this, I am absolutely thrilled that my story placed (4th - 7th) in the Holiday Contest. Thank you to all who voted on my story! I read many of the other Holiday Contest entries and thought I didn't stand a chance with so many great stories.

Special thanks to LadyCibelle who edited the story. She deserves an award for her tireless contributions as an editor on this site!

Know that I will be donating 50% of any winnings to cancer research so know that your votes have gone to a good cause. It's a little but millions of drops fill an ocean.

Have a great Holiday Season!

Hugs!

-XCL

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wonderful

Simply put...heart felt wonderful story. Keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Inspiring

This has really touched my heart.

I've just visited Alex's Lemonade Stand's website, and I'm sending in some donations.

A wonderful job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
heartwarming

Thank you for being such a brilliant author and this story has positevely blown me away. i have never known much about cancer and you have opened my eyes and i hope with everything i have that people will suceed in learning to fight this disease and i pray that you will continue blessing us with your stories, your no1, tani.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Lovely story...

Loved the story, and can certainly relate to many of the plot elements. One tiny problem (or perhaps it was artistic license?) Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World" doesn't contain the line you mentioned ("what a wonderful world it would be"). Its hardly a major concern, and I still give it 100, I just thought you'd like to know :)

toby9790toby9790over 12 years ago
What a GREAT Story!!!

It takes alot, but I actually cried at the end of this story. This was a VERY well written story that was VERY enjoyable. You have a GREAT talent at writing. Great job. 5+***** toby9790.

hathorbr1hathorbr1over 12 years ago
OMG, what a beautiful story!

This story really touched my heart because I had a student in my pre-k class die of a brain tumor about 3 years ago and the little girl reminded me of him. That story was so beautiful and romantic, but so touching, it took my breath away. BRAVO!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Beautiful. Made me cry. Great job.

farthmaulfarthmaulabout 12 years ago

Wow, such a great story. To see such strength in little Allison is such an inspiration. One of the best stories ever.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Excellent Work

When cautioning that it's not going to be an incest story, you should also warn to grab a few tissues as well. I would note that in the first sex scene though, suddenly "Cynthia" was there instead. I also find myself a bit curious as to JJ's backstory, why was he at the hospital in establishing their first meeting?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
sad

It makes me sad anytime our small kids get sick. I had 47 good years and

wish they could that and more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Heart-breaking, but real feel to the story . is one of the best I have ever read.

Not an advertisment, but a heartfelt , knee jerk, inspireing story thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Don't do this to us

what an amazing story. you had me so involved in this story and by the end i was crying like a little girl. i totally loved it, not the ending so much lol but the whole story you evolved, i also lost my sister to cancer when she was 18 and i was 12. for so many years i felt so guilty because i felt i should be able remember more of her then i was able to. i still can't say her name, i always refer to her as my sister.

trubblemakurtrubblemakurabout 11 years ago
I knew it

I was crying off and on thru the whole story cuz I knew she was not going to make it. You made me fall in love with Allison and wish a miracle would happen. Excellent work!

thank you

XericXenophileXericXenophileabout 11 years ago
Thanks for the adult love and emotions : sweet and moving

My mom died of cancer years ago, and I'm a survivor. I also work with people who have severe health problems. This year so far (late 3/2012 to 3/2013) 5 of my young friends have died, all less than 10 years old.

Often my cup of grief runs over as tears. Your story did not make me feel grief, but appreciation for good things shared - love, togetherness, adult intimate relations, and someone who will listen to us when we need to talk.

Thank you, that was a nice story with a nice normal family doing the best they can with what life dealt them, while continuing to plan and live 'normally' while one of them is dying. I felt like they would be OK when the sharpest grief dulled a little and they settled into a 'new normal' life after losing an irreplaceable loved one.

rangerrigsrangerrigsabout 11 years ago
Wow

Simply beautiful and touching story. :)

BfreetorunBfreetorunalmost 11 years ago
A touching and tender story.

So many of us have lost close relatives to cancer and it is especially hard on a family that loses a child. May God Bless us all. Thank you for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Loss for words

I had tears in my eyes the entire story. I knew in the back of my mind how the story would end and was teary eyed most of the story. I am sorry i could only give 5 stars. This story was heart warming and gut wrenching at the same time. Masterfully written! Bravo!!!! Can not wait to read more of your stories! Thank you for writing this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
great

this story touched my heart. allison was a fighter to the end, she only let go when she made sure that her mom was well taken care of. good story, it made me cry in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Thank you

As one who had to answer his 11 year old son's question "Am I going to die Daddy", it has special meaning as he had a cancer almost never found in one so young and there was no known standard treatment at the time. It brought back memories and you got the medical parts right without overdoing them. (The answer was "No" and he now has 3 kids of his own.)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Very touching

I, too, had tears in my eyes through most of the story and then went through periods of sobbing until I hurt. Yes, there are too many children and families who have to deal with diseases of all sorts, where the outcomes are pre-ordained and and there's damned little we can really do, other than adjust our attitudes and try to help others.

Thank you for an excellent story.

bumd11bumd11over 9 years ago

I can see why this gets such high scores: nothing warms the heart like a dead child.

You can leave me off of the bandwagon.

jiminabjiminabover 9 years ago
bumbd11

The bandwagon has stopped. And the gate is open. Please leave.

jiminabjiminabover 9 years ago
sorry

Sorry CCL for my small rant. The story was super. The detailed sex I think was not necessary. A hint that they did on their honeymoon what they were supposed to would have been good enough. But a super story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
To: bummd11

Wow, you really ARE a jackass. Your cynicism is not only inappropriate, it is rude! I hope you never have to experience the pain and absolute helplessness of having a terminally ill child. Bandwagon indeed, you unfeeling shit!

bobosupremobobosupremoover 9 years ago
Wow {sniffle}

This was a beautiful story. I've got goosebumps and everything. It really makes me appreciate those I hold dear that much more. I've always been a cry-baby, but this is such a moving story that I had to get some kleenex.

Thank you for this, CrossCountryLover.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great Story

Wonderfully evocative. Those of us who have lost a child recognize the loss, and seldom have the same chance to go forward. Bless you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great story

(Sorry for sending you Feedback! This is my first time in this web and I didn't know how to send a comment.) Deeply moved by the story. It's really an excellent work with all the wonderful feelings we can have in our lives. Sorry for Allison and wish there will be fewer and fewer people suffering from cancers.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
would someone pass a tissue please?

tough story to read, but worth the emotions along the way.

thank you

pc10pc10over 8 years ago
Amazing Story

It is really amazing story.Got me Emotional and had tears in my eyes.You know guys don't cry but this story damn had tears in my eyes.May God bless everyone and i hope no one has to go through such ordeal and suffer from this awful disease R.I.P Allison and Alex.

pc10pc10over 8 years ago
5*'s

5*'s .Once again amazing story.Thankyou for posting this great story and some info regarding cancer along with it.This is definitely going in my favoirite stories list.

drdetroit019drdetroit019almost 6 years ago
#1 story

It took two hours to read this story because of the tears in my eyes. So much for being a tough guy.

What a fantastic story. I do not care if it was predictable. It was so warm and human.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Admiration

I had to force myself to read to the end. I get very upset with stories about cancer, particularly those involving children but felt that it was important to finish it and applaud the bravery of those with this terrible, hateful, cruel disease. Having lost two grandparents, five aunts & uncles, a cousin & my first wife to various cancers and having been recently diagnosed with SCC myself, it was a tragic but ultimately inspiring story. I only hope that I can be strong when my time comes. Love & peace.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Call me crazy but I just can’t get into stories about kids with cancer. I read about half a page and decided that this story just isn’t something I want. It may be the greatest love story ever written but because of the way it started I’ll never know. Some things can be a little “too close to home” to want to be reminded of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Oh,, it is, indeed, a battle

Where once I had a tonsil, I developed a tumor.

I'm one of the lucky ones (10 years and counting) but I know it's bloody painful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Childrens cancer

This was a well written story, with a sad ending. The notations at the end about the increased incidence of cancer in children reminded me of an article on cancer.

Since the end of WWII the increase of Genetic Research in crop and animal has been greatly advanced. What does this mean, the new strains of mutated products is passed onto those who eat these foods. Think about this, what we eat is passed on to the next generation.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 3 years ago
Daddy, I'm here!

Allison is now with her first Daddy. She has the opportunity to get to know her biological father and love him.

Beautiful, heart wrenching story.

RomanticClownRomanticClownalmost 3 years ago

As a cancer survivor I know how much pain she was in. It was a wonderful story, I cannot praise you enough for pointing out how much we should support cancer research. Five stars!!!!!

markellymarkellyabout 2 years ago

This is one of the most heart warming and heart breaking stories I have read. It must have taken a great deal of effort to write this, THANK YOU.

It truly is a beautiful story.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt7 months ago

A very sweet story, loving, sexy, caring - and this after 2 or 3 reads!! Thank you!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy6 months ago

Wonderful story!

5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous