The Circle of Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It is still a battle. Did you know?

• One in every 330 Americans develops cancer before the age of twenty.

• On the average, 46 children and adolescents are diagnosed with cancer every weekday in the United States

• On the average, one in every four elementary schools has a child with cancer. The average high school has two students who are current or former cancer patients.

• Cancer is the leading cause of death by disease in children under the age of 15 in the United States.

• Childhood cancers affect more potential patient-years of life than any other cancer except breast and lung cancer.

• The causes of most childhood cancers are unknown. At present, childhood cancer cannot be prevented.

• Childhood cancer occurs regularly, randomly and spares no ethnic group, socioeconomic class, or geographic region.

• In the United States, the incidence of cancer among adolescents and young adults is increasing at a greater rate than any other age group, except those over 65 years.

For these young children, they had no choice. Fate has given them this disease. But we can help continue to cure them. Maybe, one day, we will also find a way to prevent it. This holiday season, be thankful for what you are blessed with and help those who aren't as blessed.

*

Copyright © 11/16/2005 by XCL