All Comments on 'The Client'

by TheClient

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Too close to home for my liking.

Your writing made me smile at times and very uncomfortable at others. I too love these ladies and always treat them with respect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
The essence of mongering..

Your tale give voice to my own fascination with whores. In as much as it is a disconnected act, mongering offers those true moments of human connection that constantly draw me back.

Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
incredible

great stuff

HedonistusHedonistusover 13 years ago
Soulmates

I, too, feel a kinship with these ladies and so wish that I could recount a similar tale.

Alas I was too scared to enjoy their favours because of the fear of disease.

Superbly told.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Fun

I too like this kind of fun.

Its great, knowing that you will defiantly be able to get a fuck tonight, without any fuss. Ok, it does cost, but so does taking a girl out for a meal, etc.

Its nice to be able to do just what you want, and not not have to please your girl.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
falling

A memoir such as this goes way beyond the usual, because a person is describing a compulsion too complex to be resolved by any insight into his own contradictions, which are freely admitted. Living a lie inevitably is consequential, and then when revealed, there is no relief. When does it stop, this epic womanising, with impotence, with exposure of betrayal, or with death. Who could live such a life, and find justification, in the face of their wife, or daughter? These questions are implicit in the text, but this is not the forum for the next chapter.

Scheherazade73Scheherazade73over 11 years ago
An Homage to Prostitution

It seems many of the comments here may have been left by men, so I'll chime in with my female perspective.

I found this piece beautifully written, the woman described fondly, even lovingly, the art and craft of prostitution and the client's inability to resist its sirens' call explored in great detail. And while I struggle to reconcile the infidelity, there is poetry in the whores being the first love and therefore the rightful mistress of your desires.

My only criticism is that it ends abruptly, like a premature ejaculation, and not like the drawn-out finish that such passionate memories certainly deserve.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
maths

Good but the two hundred over 25 years is only eight new women a year is from Kundera, whcih you name-checked later. The point is good, that numbers like 200 which seem astronomical to some people who settle down early is acctual fairly normal if you maintain the liffestyle longer - but you should have changed the numbers round a bit so they were original.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Sadly lacks humanity

I was hoping to see humanity but instead this should have been in the story section. Having revelry about great sex isn't an appreciation for the person, it's about the sex. You say you loved them all, but what did you know of them? Only what they could do for you. That is the epitome of a womanizer and maybe someone too afraid to look deeper. The fear of discovering any humanity behind those ladies and why their life went the route of back alley fucks for 20 quid. And the truth that maybe ugly and knowing your need for dirty sex fuels exploitation of desparate lives like theirs and millions of women all over the world. Too bad this is still rated all time high...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous