All Comments on 'The Collaring of Chloe Ch. 07'

by MemoryofSnow

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

This is such a different story, told in a somewhat distant way. The last scene was unique and joyful. I hope good things happen to these people, unrealstic yet appealing.

MemoryofSnowMemoryofSnowabout 7 years agoAuthor
Regarding Unrealistic

Thanks for your comments. I'm glad you seem to have enjoyed the chapter and hope you're enjoying the whole story thus far. There are a few chapters that I think I did get a little too distant with, in the beginning, mostly because I initially was trying to write events in a way that wouldn't rock the boat a lot. I began the project as a way of connecting with my local community, so I was sensitive to anything that might seem a little too intense.

However, as time went on, I abandoned this cautious ideal and began writing how the story took me. I fear some of these early chapters could have been much better had I taken that same mentality from the start. As it is, I had contemplated doing some major rewriting of these early chapters to add more flavor and strength. Most likely, at some point, I will.

As for unrealistic, the sad part is how true that really is in these lifestyles. I wanted this trio to be sort of a 'perfect example' of what such a relationship should look like, so there is some level of idealization with them, again, especially in these early chapters. However, I wanted the one rule of the novel to be that these three didn't fall into the usual 'relationship story' cliches and didn't want the story to suggest that all such relationships go bad somehow. So these three may come across a little saccharine at times, but I want the drama to from outside their relationship and show them holding together to weather against it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very thought provoking

I actually thought the opposite of the Anon comment, it came across as very realistic more than anything else it was the descriptions of the emotions and Chloe trying to make sense of them.

Tess (UK)

MemoryofSnowMemoryofSnowover 4 years agoAuthor
Regarding 'very thought provoking'

I'm glad you found it a bit more relate-able and feel it does justice to the realities of a 24/7 lifestyle. I've honestly struggled to make the story sort of 'idyllic', but not completely unreal. I still often felt that I was making the characters seem a bit 'Mary Sue' as the term goes, with them seeming to make it all look so easy. I've tried to make sure there are shows that each character has their fears and doubts, but my desire to make the conflict in the story be only things outside of their relationship sometimes requires that relationship to see a little to 'perfect'.

Ultimately though, I wrote this as a kind of response to all those shows and stories where the lifestyle gets used as the focus of conflict, giving it, what I feel, is a negative image. I wanted to show that the BDSM and Polyamory can be very good and can work beautifully, but also (later in the story) do show examples of how it also can go wrong.

TalkSexyToMe2029TalkSexyToMe2029over 2 years ago

Maximum sensory deprivation: I can see how healing (or how traumatizing!) it could be for someone with abandonment issues that weren't addressed.

MemoryofSnowMemoryofSnowover 2 years agoAuthor

The idea of the 'Void' was based on a lot of different discussions with people who consider it both a pleasurable experience and a horrible one. I liked the idea of it being something that can be utilized as a punishment that isn't particularly mean, the equivalent of being put in a corner. Of course, I've learned over the years that intent can be more meaningful than the act itself, as a spanking can be both a reward and a punishment for the same submissive, depending on why they are getting spanked.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMemoryofSnow@MemoryofSnow
Characters, Story, and Text for all my writing are protected by Copyright Law. Thank you for all the love and support I have received her over the last couple of years. I am grateful that my work here is still getting attention and comments and I received new Followers from ...