All Comments on 'The Column'

by Clea

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Took to long to get there

This story showed potential, but to me it took way to long to get to the young woman's experience. Then the experience seemed rushed and not very detailed.

DexicreonDexicreonabout 19 years ago
Nice story, but . . .

Normally, on a two-page story, if it is poorly written, I will not go very far. This story had attention to detail and characterization. What bothered me was the main character being a journalist. Certainly a journalist would have a better command of the finer points of grammatical propriety. You were either in a hurry writing this, or you were getting so turned on by writing it that you forgot to use spell-check and grammar-check on your computer. Since I am scoring it on the story and not the grammar, I voted it as a '5'.

GrrrreatImaginationGrrrreatImaginationalmost 12 years ago
I'm a sucker for

love stories like this. I just love 'em. Piddling little mechanical errors didn't even phase me this time, but maybe look into getting an editor? I really loved it. Please write more. Thanks.

filovebugfilovebugabout 10 years ago
Very cute

My only complaint is that the exchange of I love yous seemed too quick. Too soon. But still a sweet story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I tried

I tried to like this. I wanted to. But she knows she's in love after talking to her on a date? Stretched reality too far. And this: 'Sounds like she's a keeper". Based on what? It's like you skipped the most important part of the story - what they have in common, what they like about it each other, who they are. You might want to take a look at Colleen Thomas's piece about how to write erotica for women.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous