All Comments on 'The Coolest Chick I Knew'

by LittleDonny

Sort by:
  • 109 Comments
ForensicFossilForensicFossilalmost 8 years ago
Quite Good

Quite well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Great build-up

When it started, I kept seeing them together. About half way through it switched to watching an accident in slow motion. Plot is excellent and the writing builds the story well.

OvercriticalOvercriticalalmost 8 years ago
Do People Really Change That Much?

In so many LW stories the couple evolves from virginal beginners to hot lovers who are devoted to each other at an incredibly intense level. Then the woman turns into a scheming slut who utterly betrays Mr. Wonderful who, of course, stays true and faithful. Here we have another ugly duckling who morphs into a swan and then betrays the hero in a terrible way that doesn't seem to be any part of her personality. Makes for an interesting story, but for me it's getting to be old hat and not worth more than 2 or 3 *

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Great stuff

Almost needs another chapter to explain craziness of wife and the aftermath to both of them. No reconciliation. Just aftermath for both.

Xzy89cXzy89calmost 8 years ago
Read it again and it needs a chapter 2

Need to explain aftermath and the coming breakdown or maybe not of gloria. Lot of meat on that bone you could still write about.

Rhsc1Rhsc1almost 8 years ago
Good Job

For an incomplete story. Please finish...

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 8 years ago
A sequel would be appreciated, but isn't totally necessary.

I agree with Xzy's comment that there is still more of this tale to tell. The ending was kind of abrupt, to say the least. I understand that leaving it open like that with the innuendo of hope is a good thing, but just the way it ended made me think that you just didn't want to go there.

I disagree with OC that Wifey's attitude changed too much, though. When she got gorgeous, she got shallow, more interested in having a "beautiful baby" than in staying faithful to her now "ugly" Hubby. Her shallowness led her to break her vows and betray the man she claimed she loved. Shit like this happens in real life, sometimes.

Overall, it was a great tale about something not seen very often, in this category. It EXPLAINS how someone's point of view can change over the years, to the extent that she cheats on her husband and takes pleasure in his misery. When she became beautiful on the outside, she became ugly on the inside.

Not quite as good as your first tale, "In Jail", but still a great study in human nature.

5 Stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Part 2?

There wouldn't need to be a part two if about half the boring bullshit was cut out of this. Poker, yada, yada, ugly ducking, blah, blah. I skipped half the thing. Just a long, boring read already. Yeah, all the usual suspects are all gung ho because he kicks a slut to the curb. That's fine, but the writing is just dull and boring.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
agree with previous anon

Preposterous "betting the wife" bullshit, the dumbest (if not ugliest) wife in the history of the world, boring sex scenes and an awful story line. Just bad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Sequel

There needs to be a Ch.2 for this...end of discussion

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Interesting story, well written. Definite five stars.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 8 years ago
Story started tight and taut then shifted in into expose and humiliate the clandestine, sociopathic slut mode

Simply put: the talented author traded character development and credible plotline for a series of hammy , overblown dramatic scenes stuffed chock full of 'ta da ' or ' gotcha 'moments. The bad guy was a cretin with zero shades of grey. Davita was too convenient a plot device handing narrator damming evidence and serving as rebound boink.

LittleDonny knows how to turn a memorable phrase, create an absorbing plot line, and rally reader to cheer for narrator. For some reason he was compelled to go for slam dunk finish in multiple scenes of latter half of story. Lesser authors may need to do that to obfuscate their ability shortfalls but he doesn't. Less is so often more when one has the right ' literary' stuff.

gmann57gmann57almost 8 years ago

excellent story, I loved it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Repost? Or stolen?

This is an old story. I read it years ago.

impo_61impo_61almost 8 years ago
A good story...

A good story...It seems familiar to me, but I can't be sure...It could be the sabe plot, but with a different ending...But still a good story...4*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Thoughts

When asshole asked her to dance,he should have said no, that GENTLEMEN ask a lady's escort if he may ask her to dance, and since he is obviously not a gentleman he may NOT dance with his wife!

"was this my fault because I hadn't protected her, no matter how shitty she had been to me? Wasn't I supposed to defend her, regardless?" - No fucking way can he blame himself! He TRIED to stop her, she was embarrassing HIM, the accused him of embarrassing HER!

"I should never have had that first drink." She's trying to try to blame the drinking, but when he tried to warn her about it she blew him off.

"You're supposed to save me." - And he TRIED, and every time he did, she said he didn't own her, that it was her body and she could do what she wanted with it!

LaneBagginsLaneBagginsalmost 8 years ago
Close to being a SS06 Story

I mean it's close to ZERO TOLERENCE published here by SS06 in 7/19/12.

CrkcpprCrkcppralmost 8 years ago
pretty good

well I liked it. A lot of commentators are saying its a repost , well I've read hundreds if not thousands of LW stories , and a lot of them borrow here and there from other storylines. I read once where there are only seven original plots , and all stories are simply variations of them.

One thing is certain , never , ever go to your high school reunion if your wife is a hottie !!! lol chuckle !

4*'s

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
5 stars.

Impressive and fun.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Have to agree with another commenter

Good writing but, seems unfinished.

SeeingEyeSeeingEyealmost 8 years ago
Not again!

Why is it that every other story on this site thinks a good outcome is for the cuckold to end up with the wife of the guy who cuckolded him? I cannot think of anything worse, to spend the rest of you life knowing that the women you are with loved and was constantly fucking the one guy you most despise. Yet author after author thinks that is a great outcome. It never, ever happens in real life because no real man would ever want it, just the absurd cuckolds of LW.

TwentysevenTwentysevenalmost 8 years ago
What a pity

This was a golden opportunity missed. A terrific story for about half the journey and then a preposterous change in character by Gloria. We can suspend our disbelief to some extent for the sake of the plot but to have a devoted, loving wife suddenly sending emails about having children by a dickhead her husband hated is ludicrous. There are many more credible directions you could have taken this but instead you opted for melodrama.

KrvnikKrvnikalmost 8 years ago
Unsatisfactory ending

Neither cheater suffered. What was the point?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
@Twentyseven Re:"What a pity"

I have to SOMEWHAT agree.

While I understand that Brad was her high school crush, just how did they come to make this scheme? I'm guessing that it's in the first eight pages of texts, that she maybe reached out to him, sent pictures of her new hotness.

And off topic, but what makes her think her babies with Brad are gong to be beautiful? Brad may be "beautiful", but wasn't SHE an "ugly duckling"? What makes her think their babies won't be like her?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
1*

UNFINISHED!!! so long for that SHITTY un-ending?! what the fuck!!!

boring for the most part. the cheaters aren't burned and the wife morphs overnight from a nice person into a psycho bitch.

a good ending would have raised my opinion, instead we get this rushed shit. bad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
5

to long, to short, cuck, LW cheater, all of these dear annony hates. Yet this fool reads them all!! Then he votes 1. So today like usual I vote 5 to help offset this old ugly fat lonely fag.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

UNFINISHED, pisspoor ending. Needs to be completed

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2almost 8 years ago
5

to offset the asshole of LIT's 1 vote

telboy17telboy17almost 8 years ago
Good Story

It is a complete story where it finished but a part 2 would be nice to see how he gets on with life, with or without Davita. Not interested in what happens to Gloria though.

fifteen16fifteen16almost 8 years ago
Grief

This is a story where one partner was not the full shilling and the marriage came to grief, nothing more to be said. Well written.

bruce22bruce22almost 8 years ago
5 Star story

Well developed and interesting. How much money did take off his buddies over the years by cheating? Personally I think that a water polo player should take out a football player!

GuentharGuentharalmost 8 years ago
It Needs Closure

Great story about an ungrateful manipulating bitch! We need chapter 2 to finish! Lots of plot lines to tie up. *****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Another ugly duckling that remains ugly inside despite becoming the sawn

Reminds me of the woman in The Bridge story by Richard Gerald. What surprises me is the way the printouts of the texts destroy her character and how apparently clueless her husband was about her insecurity.

I did not find it as believable as as the Gerald story, but still found it an interesting read and it was well written.

Tanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Great start

Great story.

I hope you finish it with a follow up.

I agree with another comment.

To many lose ends!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
1*

Vote 1* for every story rated by 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐄 (that's what her clients call her) aka BONNIE/VASTIE aka ANON!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Lots of holes and funky twerks of logic, but an interesting rerun on a venerable story....

....now if you'll just finish it and show us the rest of it.

Will it reflect reality? Will it be a BTB fantasy? Will he take her back and let her fuck around cucky style with him getting off on the humiliation?

Will he and DD settle in together and have babies like he wants? Will Brad try to attack him or crash and burn hard, ending up a pile of hamburger in a dumpster? Honestly, the friends he keeps!

Well, let's see it....

I will reserve personal comment until it is competed.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 8 years ago
Wow. 5* read all the way

Gloria was so damaged that she destroyed her husband because she didn't care.

I do hope there will be further episodes.

But now I have to see if you have any other stories,

justthejanitorjustthejanitoralmost 8 years ago
I thought it was very good.

I did have one issue in that her betrayal seemed almost over-the-top for a woman who had been described as so well grounded before. To not only plan to fool around with an old fling bu-t to actually plan to have his children *before* the affair even starts seems pretty despicable for anyone, let alone a woman who was portrayed as the 'coolest chick he'd ever known'.

IMO either that should have been toned down or the author should have done a little work bemoaning how he never knew his wife or how she changed so utterly. A quote like "I loved your when you were ugly on the outside and beautiful on the inside, but now that you're externally beautiful and a rotting corpse on the inside, I can't stomach your presence".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
It was a good read. Thank You.

Rick has to get away from Gloria not because she is a lying cheating betraying bitch, but because she has an illness she refused to control: she's an alcoholic. You can't cure that. Its a lifetime of trying to keep it in remission, a 24/7/365 commitment and effort. And Gloria does not have the character nor integrity to fight it. Her fucking Brad was just her latest compulsion. There would be others. She thought she outgrew her husband, she would eventually outgrow Brad, she is an egomaniac and will always be looking for the next trade up to continually feed her need for admiration and worship. Gloria is mentally ill, and Rick would be a martyr if he stayed in the relationship. And you know how martyrs end up.

So in the end Gloria did Rick a favor, giving him the impetus to evaluate her objectively and honestly, instead of seeing her through a history of shared sacrifice and mutual love. The woman Rick loved and married died somewhere back at the gym, or at the Orthodontists, or during the Lasik surgery. Rick was seeing a mirage, or a remnant of Gloria's former self. He finally saw the current and future Gloria drunk out of her mind, bent over a table, and getting the shit fucked out of her.

If you want to describe what happens next, that might be entertaining. But it would be mostly about Rick and Davitta. Gloria might recover some day, but Rick would be a fool to wait around for what is a really long shot. And Rick has already demonstrated, he doesn't make sucker bets.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
That was one fine story

Do we get to see a continuance on this story. A nice conclusion would be great. A divorce a remarriage and children. Or something else?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

I'm glad he walked away from her and based on the texts as she describes manipulating him before. She might of been cheating on him all along. Her texts show how much she really didn't love him based on what she said about him. They could've gone to the party and showed all how great they looked and what a wonderful life the had together but she had her own agenda. What would make any woman think that letting a guy stick his dick in them would make them feel good about themselves. He's only gonna brag about it and make her sound like a cheating pig. Not to mention that the guy had a wife also. People are fucked up

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
forgot

he forgot to tell his soon to be ex wife that her lover was going to lose his house and

his income. he has no money to make the balloon payment due in a little over two

weeks. the tale is not finished, the divorce and the outcome is up in the air.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Where Is He????

The great Frontlinecaster telling us how wonderful Gloria is and how he should take her back and not kick her sorry ass to the curb!!!!! If there ever was a bitch that needs to be burned Gloria is the one. Light her ass up.

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2almost 8 years ago
5

to offset the asshole of LIT's 1 vote!

TheKrrakTheKrrakalmost 8 years ago
Good story

Good story, could have been better if he had told Gloria all about Brad's problems and the fact that he will either soon be dead or in prison for the embezzlement (depends on how nice his boss is being)...

4/5

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 8 years ago
Excellent

You carried me away! Yeah, the ending was pretty orchestrated, but I grabbed me. I can see DeeDee using him while she gets established in the city, and him using her to Console him through the divorce, and then splitting up.

Chilley

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
What did she expect to happen

Why a woman would jeoperdise a marriage for a fling is beyond me just because she wanted to prove something. But Gloria is a true self centered bitch who justified everything in her mind. Man did he waste his time with this slut.

SKHPSKHPalmost 8 years ago
After a good start...

...LD unfortunately went a bit over the top with Gloria's change of character and Brad's description as bad-boy-shallow-person-wannabe-stud. It developed into a black-and-white painting a bit far from reality. Less would have been more. Both cheaters are to despicable to be credible.

So: for me it's 4 instead of 5 *.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
She is not a cool chick but I gave you 4 stars

I like your writing style; it is a combination of HDK and JPB, it seems natural and effortless. You did a good job of developing characters but you messed up in the execution. There is no way that Gloria would have soberly decided to fuck Brad based on what you gave us. The insertion of the text messages made everything you wrote about her completely inconsistent. Planning on making Brad her children's father and cuckolding her loyal husband, after her emphasis on fidelity because of her father's behavior, makes her character unforgivable.

The story may have benefited by breaking it up into chapters. As long as it was, it appears that you cut out something Gloria did 3 years before the reunion that caused a problem in their marriage that changed their communication. It sounded like more than the DUI. You described their relationship as nearly perfect but on the drive to the reunion she is calling him names. Gloria is an intelligent person who wanted to impress the cool kids from high school. She would have known that wearing a slutty dress and acting like a slut would only give the cool kids another thing to laugh at her about.

The story would have been better if she simply got drunk and made out with Brad without the pre-reunion planning. A drunken slip up would have been forgivable but her behavior was not. I look forward to reading more of your work.

reasonable man

SigintSigintalmost 8 years ago
NO SEQUEL

So she's her father's daughter (genetics), plus she's disturbed due to emotional/psychological bullying (environment). Good enough. Stop there. You filled in all the gaps. You BTB'd. You redeemed one Heather. You brought the protagonist out on top without a dash into the blackbelt/specops trunk. Unless you desire the responsibility(!) of a series, pat yourself on the back and knock out the next one.

Sometimes a win is enough.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Great stuff

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
One of the best on the site!

The moronic review from "Reasonable Man" (what is that) is false advertising for sure. Other negative reviews are just as clueless. This story was FANTASTIC. As far as her father's past preventing her from acting that way?? Really??? Uh, ring the stupid bell. Anyone hear of Tiger Woods? His dad did the same thing and -- BAM so did he. I swear, if you don't right a story that's about James Bond and his endless cash, an oversized dick, Group Sex, and the world just worship's him, you can't get 5 stars. This should have an overall of 4.8 at the least. A real realistic roller coaster ride of tale. Well Done.

makarowcemakarowcealmost 8 years ago
Sigint and IronDragon shut up!

This story definitely need a sequel.

5 *

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
1*

six pages of buildup for that shitty ending? no way. the whole story makes little sense. and the bitch wasn't burned at all.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 8 years ago
claimed she was 'roofied'?

If someone claims that date rape drugs were used on them but it has been too long ago to blood test for them (how conveeenient), have a hair follicle test done.

It will show drugs for months after they have left the blood and urine.

Although in this story with the text messages saying she was going to claim that already in hand there is no need.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
it was a mixed bag but could have been so much more

Other than good looks in school for one group and late blooming for the other, what were the relative financial status' at the time of the reunion? Successful businesses? Trust fund babies? Pillars of the community? Did they even live in the same area?

Why didn't he tell her (and her mother) about the poker game? The amount of cash golden boy lost and that he was willing to put his wife up as collateral?

We only learned bits and fragments of the text messages to and from the cheaters, did they also talk, FB, Skype, or ????

If DaVita does move to "the city" I hope she finds a good job and becomes successful in her own right and does not depend on him for her future. They should take a long time to see if a relationship develops naturally, not as result of the reunion drama.

And yes, the troubled psyche of Gloria was pushed too far toward the end. She could have been left with a little sanity and ego.

.

HTW2HTW2over 7 years ago
More

Definetly needs a continuation. Thanks

arrowglassarrowglassover 7 years ago
Liked this one...liked it a lot!

Hoping for more!!!

TenFoot75TenFoot75over 7 years ago
Sequel

Definitely needs at least one more. Brad and Glorias degenerative bonking, Rick and Davitas love making and Karens unrequited Love for Rick. Good work Dood :)

magma60magma60over 7 years ago
Excellent

One of the most enjoyable stories I've read in awhile. Hoping for more.

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 7 years ago
Another five

My criticism, offered in the spirit of improving the story, is that the wife seems mentally unbalanced, based on what we're given. She starts seemingly well matched to her narrator hubby but transforms into a narcissistic liar, seemingly without any more reason than wanting to impress her old high school classmates. I hope LD writes more.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 7 years ago
There is no excuse for Gloria if she ever cared for Rick.

Which I doubt. She can never be forgiven at least I would never consider it. He should just play it cool with DD and see how they both feel after the count is almost done. I would like to hear that Brad went to prison.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
One of the most powerful stories on the site.

It leaves me almost sick to my stomach, but I find myself re-reading it occasionally.

To be sure, the events depicted are wildly unrealistic, but the characterization is so good, so impressive, I believe it's real as I'm reading it. And it's painful.

Incredibly well done.

4321asdf4321asdfabout 7 years ago

Great story, needs a follow up.👍

oldtwitoldtwitabout 7 years ago
Great

Great story well written maybe just a bit too much talk but very good, deff need a follow up to this

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
ftds

ftds

finish the damn story......good but needs to be finished....and the two

antagonists need to really get screwed!!

so please, finish the damn story

PhilDub2PhilDub2almost 7 years ago
Didn't like it.

I read these stories for the entertainment value. I find it real hard to identify with or like any of the characters. Nobody comes off as being a decent or honorable person or someone to care about.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not good

I've read the stories where the cheating wife tried to kill her husband, but wasn't this disrespectful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well-written, mostly enjoyable story, but...

This was a well-written, mostly enjoyable, story, but I have to agree with several of the other commentators.

The drastic change in the wife's character was unrealistic, bordering on psychotic. She goes from being a totally committed, loving wife to one trying to humiliate her husband in the worst way (by having her lover's baby)? All because she had a high-school crush on some boy who treated her badly? Not realistic at all.

I could see her wanting to flaunt her newly-found hotness in front of all those former classmates who treated her badly; and I could see her particularly wanting to hurt or humiliate Brad. Those are all natural reactions. But where did the sudden desire to cuckold and humiliate her husband come from? He did nothing but love her his entire life. Her sudden, 180 degree character change pretty-much ruined the story for me. Good confrontation scene, though. I enjoyed that. -- Jim Z.

Raleighman53Raleighman53over 6 years ago
Wow!

You definitely need to write more stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
PROBLEMS

Of the 3, your best story by far is JUST COLE AND JEN.

But I gave this one 5 stars also. Maybe a mistake. It has 2 major problems.

1) the over-the-top character upheaval of Gloria. It's like an unexplained, unaccounted for psychosis. Too much to get ahold of.

2) Rick's (and Davita's) sex together while still married to others = cheating/infidelity/unfaithfulness.

Sure held my interest. Like to read more by LittleDonny. Great fiction writing skills.

Thanks.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Bad characters all around, almost none of them likeable, even a little bit. And that pretty much made the whole story unlikeable as well. A waste of time.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonabout 6 years ago
Excellent story, very well written...

If one had been bullied and picked-on all through middle school and high school - like I was - one might not find Gloria's behavior so outlandish. I used to dream of going back to a class reunion rippling with muscle, Chuck Norris fighting skills, richer than Croesus, and driving the latest model Corvette. That bullying stuff sticks with you for a long time.

Emotional scars are permanent, just like any other scar. Some people can never get past it, they never recover, they never find a way to convince themselves they'll ever be as competent or efficacious as the "cool kids". Ironically, in trying to prove she was better than the pretty people who tormented her - she became one of them.

I don't think this story is as hard to believe as some have indicated. I don't feel sorry for her; she's an adult with a good husband, a happy life, and no excuses for what she did. She may be gorgeous on the outside, but on the inside, where it counts, she's a dark, gooey malignancy that's best removed from his life as quickly and permanently as possible.

Great story, thanks for sharing. I would have enjoyed hearing a bit more; what happened during and after the divorce, how things worked out with Rick and DD, but it's still good the way it is. A fine job, hope to see more in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
ECHO

Was reading the anonymous of 11-18-17 and thought, "no need to comment, just echo what he wrote. ". Then I looked at his name and realized it was me - i had forgotten I wrote it. Only change this time is I rated it 3 stars and do not care to read more LittleDonny..

Paul in Oklahoma

gunmakergunmakeralmost 6 years ago

This is the second of yours I've read now. I like it.

I married late, we lost our second, and after 10 years of discord we divorced after 17 years. After 5 years apart we got back together. We'll never re-marry but I think we are finally working things out a bit.

To all who think they know and don't find any of this story believable, I find it all to real. I don't know if it is a good story, but I understand it. Life is what you make of it and sometimes it's best to just cut your losses.

MartyMBMartyMBover 5 years ago
I really like this story

Very well written. The thing I like best is that I was cheering for Gloria until the texts came out. Talk about a "Perry Mason" moment. I haven't looked, but I'm hoping there is another chapter that ties the loose ends together, etc.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Eh

Well-written, but too many cliches used. Her wanting to get pregnant at the reunion was over-the-top.

justbobkcjustbobkcabout 5 years ago
Fascinating in so many ways

Definitely 5 stars.

First: Gloria wasn't actually a cool chick and never was. She was an abused child all her life, first by her alcoholic cheating father (maybe not physical or sexual but just neglect is a huge form of abuse to children.) And then abused by other cruel children because of her ugliness and temerity. I feel very, very sorry for her.

Second: Since Rick was so wrong about Gloria being "cool", he was also dreadfully wrong about Gloria ever really loving him. Rick (undoubtedly) thought of himself as Gloria's KISA (Knight...) and savior and was very proud of this plus his own undoubted love for his image of Gloria, rather than the reality. OTOH, Gloria was with Rick because there was literally no one else for her. No competition for her hand and literally therefore no actual "free will" choosing. Rick isn't nearly as smart as Gloria, nor as smart as he thinks he is. Gloria was smart enough to do what she had to do for her own survival - including manipulating Rick as she did from the time she decided to seduce him and for them to actually become "lovers."

Gloria reminds me of some girls/women I have met (and even married and got divorced from!) in real life, and also the cheating wife in the mainstream novel and movie "I Smile Back", also a woman with severe mental health issues expressed in drug and alcohol abuse and promiscuity.

Gloria definitely needs therapy beyond AA but even with luck will take years to somehow get more "normal." Rick needs to just move on. His own love couldn't really help Gloria and that ship has sailed. He tried and kudos for that but he just isn't the man for Gloria. There might not ever be the "right man" for Gloria - but Gloria needs a chance to make an actual free will choice at some point in the future.

The chief problem Gloria faces now is one of "motherhood". Right now she would make a terrible mother because of her own childhood demons. Abused children often grow up to abuse their own children. They just can't help themselves, it is a kind of "imprinting" done on them subconsciously by their own abusive parents. And she is smart enough to understand "Eugenics" ideas in the general public consensus - but not smart and learned enough to understand the complexities of inheritance and "nature vs. nurture". Two smart people reproducing doesn't guarantee smart children, two beautiful people, two very athletic, two whatever doesn't guarantee those same traits will occur in their children. A good and wise mother accepts and loves unconditionally her own children - doesn't judge them as Gloria can't help but doing in her current state.

Well done here. Excellently crafted. (And yes, I could nitpick a few things here and there but the core basic important things shine thru wonderfully in this short story.)

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

It was a really good story, but it's a shame it ended so abruptly. This needed a proper epilogue, where Rick ends up with Davita and they have several beautiful kids together, in a big house paid for by his successful career.

Gloria is still obsessed with Brad and I can see her going back to him. After she fucks him a few times while sober and realises how shit he is in bed, I think she'd be desperate to get back together with Rick. She's got a lot of pain and regret ahead of her when she realises what she threw away. At the end of the story, she didn't seem very sincere with how sorry she was... but she will be.

I disagree with the comments criticising Rick for sleeping with Davita. At that point, Gloria had treated him like shit and cheated on him... their marriage was finished. Only a schmuck tries to stay faithful to wedding vows when the wife has turned into a whore.

Interestingly, the real villain of this story is actually... Karen. Her daughter was bullied relentlessly at school and must have been coming home in tears every day. What kind of shitty mother doesn't intervene to either stop the bullying, or transfer her daughter to another school? Gloria grew up to be a fucked up mess... and Karen could have prevented it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
NICE,

FOUND THIS A SUPERB STORY, ALMOST THOROUGHLY ENJOYABLE HOWEVER I AGREE WITH LAST COMMENTER THAT IT SEEMED CERTAIN ASPECTS WERE LEFT UNRESOLVED/ UNFINISHED AND AN EPILOGUE COULD HAVE ADDED CONCLUSIONS , BUT STILL JUST 5⭐️, thanks P.

patilliepatillieover 4 years ago
Not sure why this is so highly rated

other than that it is a well done BTB. But it packed no emotional impact, didnt get the juices flowing, so 4*.

the improbability of the MC pretending to leave the reunion, but stay and observe the wife, uggh, a little cucky. The psychological profile of Gloria is fascinating, well done, although I would have appreciated except for the commenter pointing it out.

bigreddog543bigreddog543over 4 years ago

Wow, you had a good story going on there. What happened, did you run out of time or creative juices? Don't cheat your readers.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Decent story

He's here off without the bitch in the long run. Another pretty good story.

LoejtcLoejtcabout 4 years ago

What was particularly interesting and novel about the story was how well Rick could read and understand his wife, Gloria.

In almost all LW stories, the husband is the last to know. Love is blind and the cheating comes as a surprise when it is discovered long after it began.

But Rick sensed something brewing weeks before the Reunion. And suspected that Gloria had a plan to do something to salve her traumatic high school experiences from the time she had eye surgery years before.

Few husbands are that dispassionate and can read their mates moods and comments so accurately.

Gloria's method of avenging her battered ego was to get pregnant by the class romeo and have the most beautiful baby possible. Truly a unique and twisted storyline.

As to comments about this being a BTB story, Rick didn't burn her. If anything Davita burned her . When she handed Rick copies of Gloria's text messages to Brad the marriage was over. It was Gloria herself that committed matrimonial suicide. The video Rick took when he discovered Brad having sex with Gloria was of no consequence.

A minor annoyance was the cheating taking place at the card game. Brad was cheating and at least some of the other players knew it. No one in their right mind would continue to play with him especially with table stakes being $5K.

The lack of emotional turmoil displayed by Rick upon learning the depth of Gloria's betrayal is hard to reconcile given their years of history and devotion to each other.

A good storyline, well written and entertaining.

While I may be a mildly curious about what happens to Brad when his business goes belly-up, does Davita and Rick live happily ever after and what was Gloria's ultimate fate after the divorce, I do not feel the story was incomplete in any sense that mattered.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Good story

Seems like, at least in LW, that a!I the ugly ducklings turned swans make bad choices soon after. Gloria made her bed, got busted, and she's a free agent again. Good one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Conflicted

An excellent character story, I wish you had more work published.

Just Jen & Cole was a superb story... this was less so, but still very good.

Kitist02Kitist02almost 4 years ago
Emotional engagement comes from viewpoint, experience, and empathy

Quoting patillie, 11/18/19:

"But it packed no emotional impact, didnt get the juices flowing, so 4*."

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree about "no emotional impact". I was a "Rick" in school, but without the strength of character to defend anyone. This story dragged out a lot of the buried crap in my past, and it definitely was emotional for me. I was raised by an alcoholic and a mental case (booze killed him and lithium helped her but it was too little too late to positively affect me) and I lived a life that was an eerie parallel to the pattern LD used in this story.

My own trauma became drama and a good source of story material as I learned more about myself. PTSD became a factor and counseling for that led to rebuilding/recreating a character that I could continue to live with. (It was a "near thing" a few times.)

Reading such a well-structured story, regardless of how many loose strings remained at the end, was a delight to me despite my own emotional response. The essential story is complete within itself and needs no sequel although it might be nice to see where LD would take a continuation. Since it's been four years since this was posted I suspect there won't be a sequel.

LD, thanks for writing this. I've enjoyed the experience or reading your other work and am glad you continued to post. "Sorry Forever" is difficult for me to read but it is well done.

J.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Definitely in the know...

Pulls up to an ATM and withdraws $5k! Lucky, too: found one that dispenses $1k bills.

RanDog025RanDog025about 3 years ago
EXCELLENT 5 STAR STORY!

TOO BAD THE AUTHOR ISN'T ACTIVE. GOING TO READ THE REST OF HIS THREE STORIES NOW AND SEE WHAT WE'D BE MISSING!

bobareenobobareenoabout 3 years ago

A well told tale. I sincerely enjoyed it.

bobareenobobareenoalmost 2 years ago

Just reread this. Still a huge favorite of mine on this site. LittleDonny, you can write! Thanks for your efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

ANOTHER TRASH PIECE OF WRITING WITH A CUCK MC BY A CUCK WRITER

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You have a gift for dialogue.

I very much enjoyed this. I’ll be checking into your other stories. Thank you!

Be well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

a wimp ending... seems like writer suffers from premature ejaculation!... builds up well and suddenly fizzles out!!! haw haw!

SunnyU2SunnyU2over 1 year ago

Lackluster ending

SNPHLoverSNPHLoverabout 1 year ago
Great Start Of A Story. Ending needs work

Great story development but the ending needs extending to allow us to see how he rebuilds his life and the consequences of philandering couple!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I'm starting to enjoy the anony that always comments in caps using the word "cuck" as often as possible. I imagine him going from story to story, scrolling to the end, and leaving his deposit before moving on to the next one. I wonder if he does it author by author to make sure that he doesn't miss anything?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I loved this story! I really like that Davita isn't muscly with abs, that alway seemed masculine to me. I like soft, feminine girls:D (not fat, just soft lol)

Can we get a Part 2 please?

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous