The Dark Side of the Romantic Comedy Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Penny sniffed before answering, her voice still quiet and uncertain.

"I...I don't know, I think maybe I'd rather see the Western."

Betsy's voice turned incredulous and she gave a half mocking laugh. "Seriously? You're kidding right? A shoot-em-up? I mean I had no idea that you liked westerns."

Penny pressed her lips together and looked to her husband, sitting cross legged on their old carpet amongst the trash and garbage he allowed to accumulate around him, completely absorbed in his video game as he furiously manipulated the controller. And then she looked back to the image on her computer screen, of Jason and his perfect little family standing happily in front of their gorgeous home.

There was a deep sense of melancholy with a touch of sentimentality in her voice when she answered, a tone that was pregnant with regret.

"Betsy, it's not...it's not that I like Westerns," Penny choked out. "It's...it's that I really, really hate romantic comedies."