All Comments on 'The Date'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 198 Comments (Page 2)
cabbage01132cabbage01132over 6 years ago
great 5*

the whole auction thing was brilliantly sleazy, no husbands allowed in WTF, alarm bells were ringing all the way, brilliant.

can't help thinking though story would have been even better if she had given him the old ultimatum, "you don't own me, i'm doing it and thats that" tore his ego up a bit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Loved it! A 5*

Well thought out and executed. Characters believable looking forward to more from you.

Theakston58Theakston58over 6 years ago
And again...

Another fine read. The only thing I might have added is a civil suit in the millions with all proceeds going to cancer research. Well done as always.

Theakston

sas6446sas6446about 6 years ago
Pretty good story but....

Wonder why Jerry didn't suite the bastard!

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 6 years ago
Good story, but.....

Often you have to sacrifice believability to write a good plot.

We've all read stories about "insane" wifes, to strengthen

plots of cheating sluts.

Such flaws weaken stories.

Here the flaw was small.

Not really big enough to damage the story.

The plot uses jealousy, possible cheating or violence

as reasons against the auction.

Then defuses those reasons believably.

But the plot skips the most obvious reason

not to join the auction, because that reason can't be defused!

The reason is:

It is improper for a married woman to go on a date with a stranger.

A plot can't reasonably denay that and must therefore

leave that reason out of the story.

I call it a small flaw.

Made the story entertaining and fun to read.

Top ratings from me.

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 5 years ago
just re read, still brilliant

does this type of "auction" happen? hope not, the whole idea gives me the creeps.

calflashcalflashover 5 years ago
well done

Great story. Could have used a few embellishments like a civil suit proceeds to Cancer Research but solid 5 nevertheless

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Hypnosis?

I just found this one today. How do you do this laptopwriter? I couldn't stop reading up to the end. Very Good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
don't like it

married folk don't date outside for any reason. if charity cis a check.

NonSequitourNonSequitouralmost 5 years ago
Excellent story. *5*

Many good authors and commenters have said so, too. The characters are totally believable; Marcy was a respectful wife who was not going to do this w/o hubby's approval. I was a bit curious as to what Jerry wanted to ask Emmy's husband.

A glitch: If I found out at the door that I would not be admitted, it would be "click, click." "Sorry, honey, but we're going home because that's where the key to these handcuffs on each of our wrists is."

I've heard of charity auctions like this, but I thought they were usually "dates" with young men auctioned to rich women. They would be completely managed/chaperoned such as a limo to a fine restaurant and dancing. No way would a legit organization allow the parties to depart to destinations unknown in private vehicles.

GymShortsGymShortsalmost 5 years ago
Great great great

Had my adrenaline pumping, so much so skipped sentences and even a few paragraphs to get to the end.

Should have included Suing Mr. stone and his estate, maybe donate most of the proceeds to Cancer research.

Couldn't sue the foundation because they went under and were non-profit.

Glad you addressed the psychological impact that rape, or in this case near rape, can have on a woman. It's horrendous...... And stays with a woman their whole life.

5*****

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Hope Bubba got him in prison

Good story rich entitlement true more than I want to believe

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Great

Excellent story, 5 stars

MartyMBMartyMBover 4 years ago
What happened to the three officers?

Inquiring minds want to know.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Even cluttered with...

...a legion of spelling errata, this is a top effort and I gave it the requisite 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Hated this

As far as I'm concerned Jerry deserved all the pain he got. The wife should have been told she could go and they'd start the divorce process immediately. Where others see a good cause and blameless spouses, I see no cause being good enough to be sending married women on dates with other men. There's no gray area involved.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Now that the friendships were re-established

It was time for a bit of revenge. The law suit against James Shore was very successful and he lost a sizable chunk of his money (not that he needed much while in prison).

The law suits against the charity and its office bearers failed (They had no money left after the fraud charges) but that is OK as we had another type of revenge against them that was very successful. The 3 primary office bearers were found beaten badly over a period of 3 months. Even the one who left town was located and hurt so I was satisfied. The police, of course questioned me but I had firm alibis.

More on James Shore. Bubba, his cell mate, is still recieving the carton of cigarettes each week for making Shore his bitch and raping him every night. Bubba does not like rapists and makes their lives hell in prison.

fritz51fritz51about 4 years ago
*****

My second story from this author - result: I'll read everything LTW submits.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Just reading the first page

Seems ominous. Why is she so adamant? I might be way off base, but does she have someone waiting in the wings to bid on her? There are lots of ways to raise money for charity. I participate in a charity run every year. Why is she so adamant on this one? If it's all innocent, why doesn't he suggest that he follow her on the date, to watch over her? If she is against that, he'll have his answer.

Hoping for the best, onto page 2!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I see that

I was way off base in my previous comment, and I've never been happier. Glad to see everything worked out. If you can call an innocent woman getting drugged and almost raped working out. But you get what I mean.

Thanks for this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good Story BUT

It was well written and a good story but it could have went a totally different way.

Jerry continues to say no but could also have told Marcy that he cannot stop her from going and she was a big girl and can make her own decisions but there would be consequences. Where upon Marcy decides she was going and would worry about her disrespected husband later.

Jerry can now start the divorce paper work.

Marcy and Emily are bought by the same rapist but this time there is no one to save their disrespectful asses. Now they get ganged raped, knocked up, and catch several STD's. He films all the action with several friends joining in and it makes it on the web. When Marcy finally gets out of the hospital and goes home wondering all the time where Jerry is she gets served with divorce papers. Now that is a better ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
It was all their faults

The husband spent the first half the story showing his objections to the idea, and everyone that reassured him, that he was being unreasonable. Well, when the unthinkable happened, how the fuck did it not become their fault. Sure the chances of stuff like that happening are slim, but in this story it happened. So of course he had to pay more and more, and yet he didn't even try the I told you so. How the heck, does a story like this get written this way.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Question??

When wifey asks "do you hate me?" after the rape his answer should have been: Duh! I hate you for putting yourself in that position!!! Hubby should have WAITED in the lobby till the auction was over!!!!

RimmerdalRimmerdalalmost 4 years ago
Stick to your guns.

I know it is not part of the story lesson. When it's no stick to it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Shore the asshole

25 years is not enough for what he did

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Civil Suit?

Shore had money. Why not sue him immediately for everything? Why not sue the "charity" for its negligence in screening the bidders as it represented it would do, and thereby increase the amount the promoters could skim off the "charity" for their own personal gain?

OPrimeOPrimealmost 4 years ago
Anon - Good Story BUT

I like Anon's ending better. Marriage is a partnership and in many of these stories the wives just have to do something stupid, all the while tormenting the husband. This is one of the wives.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleover 3 years ago

You do know...

...that you can block the Anonymati, don't you, LTW?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
To Anon 08/06/20 I agree but disagree in a way

I agree that Juste 25 years of freedom may not be enough... When you have youngs who are precious to you, you don't want those predators crawling the steets ... Not just for 25 years or out on parole before that...

But I'm of a mind that prison isn't juste freedom taken away. Give that horrible creature, disguised as a human being, 5 month of pure, undiluted boiling acidic venom bath and flesh peeling burns of flaming hell. Where he is going to experiment rape from the victims perspective every night cowering in the darkness of his cell in total tears and fear of the next Session. And rohipnol will not spare his conciousness away from the pain and feelng nor wipe his memory. Until he becomes a hollow old husk of scars on dry sewed skin. Instead of a shiny skinned golden boy looking front cover with confident, arrogant and unrepentant monster inside.

Rapists and child molesters rarely live long in a pen. And they can't keep em isolated the whole duration. Sometimes and some places exist where there's a whole bloc or ward dedicated where they're put with their own kind, but that kind isn't very 'kind' either... Tigers eat theirs youngs there... a richy pretty boy, even martial art trained on soft rubber mats, will probably end as a the girlfriend of some bubba.

I tend to think that if he holds on to this world for that long until he vanish into thin air, Justice would have been served as well.

Take care !

Baj

Helen1899Helen1899over 3 years ago

Much ado about nothing, sorry not for me

thedayafterthedayafterover 3 years ago

A very good story and an unusual plot. Unfortunately the use of a date rape drug is becoming more prevalent in our society and it doesn't get the reporting it deserves. For me any man resorting to using these drugs to get sex should be locked away for life. Rape takes many years for a women to recover from if they ever do some women have even taken their own lives because of experience.

Sak77Sak77over 3 years ago
Civil lawsuit

I always wonder why authors don't explore the world of civil penalties. Jerry and Marcy have a legitimate and massive tort claim against the rich asshole. Just because he's in prison means nothing. It'd be a huge settlement/decision, not to mention the punitive damages.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Well

Well,what happened to Shore?.It was said he would go to prison for a long time,but what sentence he got was never mentioned.Accurate description of how the police treat victims,they cause unecessary paper work.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Opinion

No woman should ever be treated like Marcy was.How ever in my opinion she deserves some pain,as a married woman should never date anyone but her husband.Also,when her husband was refused entry to look out for her,she should have withdrawn from the auction.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

@Nitpic - It was mentioned: "James Shore was sentenced to twenty-five years in prison."

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Great story

I don't like the charity auction thing, if they still do that, but you turned it into a very good story. We studied date Dale drugs extensively for our ED forensic, and sexual assault nurse specialists. They are some nasty and dangerous drugs. I like that although Marcy wasn't raped, Shore paid dearly for his attempt. LTW with another winner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Marcy, Emmy, and Bob bear responsibility for

engineering a situation that a married woman shouldn't be in. Stan shouldn't have pussied out. No matter what the others said, Stan should have remained at "Hell no!"

Far too saccharine at the end.

kirei8kirei8about 3 years ago
With new found strength comes entitlement and a sense of privilege.

Only a true fool like Jerry would trust unconditionally. She needs constant reminding it was her gullibility and desire to date another man that caused all the trouble. Jerry needs to remember " trust but verify ". She may be wary now but she is still gullible and maybe not as strong as they both believe. Moral of the story: Married women should NOT date other men - period!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I Liked the Story until the Auction .. No One Should be auctioned off No Matter what the cause .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Jerry should have stuck with his instincts and not let her be auctioned off. He should have given Marcy the option to pick being married to him or signing unfavorable divorce papers to get to be auctioned off for charity. It would force Marcy to declare how important he really was to her.

Since this went the simp way with agreeing to Marcy being auctioned off, I would have like it better if instead of rushing around town to rescue Marcy, Jerry had let her get raped and then sued everyone ruining the charity. Let the dumb bitch learn a wife’s place is with her husband not in a date auction. Definitely no intimacy or physical contact of any kind with Marcy after the rape, let her know she damaged the marriage to the point it will never be fixed.

1 star because Jerry was a simp and betrayed himself

francemanfrancemanalmost 3 years ago

Very beautiful story. 5⭐

I browse and I open your stories by date of seniority, and I am a fan of your way of seeing things.

Most of your characters are treated with respect.

Thanks for sharing your talent

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I wonder if she’d ever been as excited about going out with her husband as she was about going on the charity “date”?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This story certainly supports the adage "You reap what you sow." Entitled, self centered Marcy haughtily placed herself in the hands of a predator. She did not deserve what happened to her but Jim could not have drugged her had she been a better wife. Jerry certainly deserves a more loyal and thoughtful spouse.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

5 *'s because readers are low rating this story for ridiculous reasons. So there!

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Charity auctions involving 'dates' are not uncommon - although they usually involve some sort of celebrity - and, although some people may feel they are a bit tacky, the participants aren't cheating or selling themselves for sex. The author uses this theme for the basis of a 'date rape' tale that, while not one of the author's best, is well written.

Many of the comments are borderline insane. The husband and wife may have shown poor judgement (or maybe there were just unlucky) but only those with a very sick and twisted mind would start spewing nonsense about her betrayal and his weakness from their moronic mouths.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really don't get the motivation for the wife to be auctioned. Ego kibbles? Is she looking for reassurance? Lack of self-confidence? Not your best work. It would have been more interesting if the guy who won the auction wouldn't have been a jerk and explores the way it changed them as a couple. Obviously, the wife was set to get her way at any cost. I wish you had explored a bit more the wife's reasons.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Husband was a good guy, Marci was trying to do a good thing. But the idea of "auctioning" a woman sounds exactly like something a charity would do for everybody to have "a fun time." But the very idea of it is weird in the extreme. Jerry was right to object and Marci was wrong to pressure him as she did, especially after he offered to do something as a couple to raise money for breast cancer cause. A husband who objected would be pressured as in this story. The likelihood of a predator like the villain her is vanishingly small, but just because something is "for charity" doesn't mean that one has to go along with it if it makes a person feel uncomfortable.

A good story but honestly a more interesting story would be same premise but instead of a dick predator like this one, make it a smooth operator with lots of money and charm who uses the date resulting from the auction as the start to seducing the wife. Seduction would not be consummated on fiirst charity date but would continue because wife felt a "connection" with the charming handsome older guy with lots of money. The husband could see what was going on and would try to get wife to see as well, but just like Marci here, wife would be more intent on getting her own way and feel that husband is just being unreasonably jealous and mistrustful. Could be a good story in the right hands.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Good job here. BUT the framing could have been better I agree with the previous comment that you chose a rather mundane and dare I say it trite main story line. I think substituting a rich smart powerful ruthless successful bidder who uses the date as a vehicle to overawe and overwhelm the wife into a multi episodic adultery after all the well CR already has shown fundamental disrespect for both her husband and her marriage by hard selling him into allowing her to participate in what amounts to a slave auction.

This was frought with opportunities. Frankly revisiting this concept in another work would be a really good read.

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

Damn but that is a good story. Got it all well written. Great character development. Suspense. And of course some great sex. Thank you

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 2 years ago
Missing …

What is missing is the additional trauma of the trial. Bad enough to admit to the general public from the witness box how bad it was, and implicitly, how stupid and ineffectual you were. Then you have to listen to the innuendos and partial truths presented by the defense attorney about your character and behaviors.

SexecutionerSexecutionerover 2 years ago

The husband better make damn sure Marcy dressed like a slut for him when they went out from now on.

Otherwise.....

Poppi123Poppi123over 2 years ago

If only rape and it's aftermath/recovery were that simple. This author is top notch, but this was a fairy tale. Rape/assault victims rarely live happily ever after. -1-

eljj5456eljj5456about 2 years ago
Rape isn't just a one-way Street

Rape does not just happen to women. As a tiny little boy my mom and her boyfriends raped me all the time. I am now 71 years old and I have still never been able to put that behind me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The whole dating concept was fucked and the wimp husband gave in to his skank wife

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

To HELL with the naysayers! An excellent tale. Well written with a unique twist on the LW genre. Thank you for your time and talent. DMW

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961about 2 years ago

I find it funny that mr .negative anonymous wants to bitch and complain but is to scared to use a sign in name . I found the story hit a little close to the heart for me as well it's a shame that people really do target charity events like this .

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 years ago

I thought the tale was very well written. The theme was kind of like the L/W that wants to date but the hook was a charity that donates a very small portion to the actual cause. Seems to me Jerry and or his friends should have done a background check on the charity… Wonder why Marcy was so adamant about being the center of attention. She seems to have image issues or a streak of narcissistic tendencies. Also, couldn’t a very rich guy like Jim find someone who would willingly have sex with him? Probably for less than $ 3,500.00 I thought charity date auction candidates were celebrities and pro athletes. Somebodies’ hot wife never was the prize when I attended these functions. BTRH...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Divorce would of been the best choice. She tried every little dirty thing to trick her husband into going along with it. Clearly she wanted to date someone else, or at least go out on dates with someone else, using the "it's for charity" excuse to hide her true desire.

A better punishment would of been to let him have her way with her. Sure, it sounds extreme, but she was so sure of herself that she can do anything and he wouldn't be the wiser. It's a hard lesson to learn but an important one as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It is sad that so many of the complainers can't understand how a "charity auction" could be possible or why a person would do something like this. My guess is that they haven't felt the pain of losing their 57 year old mother to a heart attack. They haven't lost their father-in-law to oral cancer after he fought the battle from the age of 59 until his death 12 years later. They haven't watched their mother-in-law disappear into a long forgotten memory of Alzheimer for ten years until she forgot how to feed herself or thought her daughter was her best friend. There are so many methods that charities use to entice people to donate funds so others may suffer a little less and the use of bidding for a date with an attractive female or a handsome male isn't totally unheard of. Pay attention to some of the media efforts used to tug on your heart and purse strings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

An interesting change of pace in the L/W category!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Playing with fire! Red flags all over this journey into trouble. She got away very lightly, no thanks to her stupid friend nor to her idiot husband who was incredibly lucky to find her never mind do so in time to prevent a rape. What if he'd been too late and Shore not only had raped her but also had that video wrapped up and on its way to the internet? Imagine the counselling she'd have needed to get over that. Imagine her husband’s guilt (and he was guilty) because he yielded and let her go there.

First red flag in Marcy’s softening up speech when hub asks what the charity was doing setting up married women for dates “When they first started, it was just for singles, but then a few of the married women wanted to volunteer”...and he never questioned why any married woman would volunteer for a date with an unknown bidder nor what kind of man would be bidding to date a married woman.

Next red flag from the Marcy softening up speech: "Most of them are big shot CEO's and business owners who contribute to several charities throughout the year. This is just a little more fun than simply writing a check. In addition to their donation being tax deductible, they get to spend some time with a member of the opposite sex, that's all. It's all very innocent, honey." IS SHE BRAIN DEAD OR DOES SHE THINK HE IS? These big shot CEOs are somehow unable to spend time with a member of the opposite sex anytime they want? Somehow it is going to thrill them beyond words to bid on an unknown female (who may be totally dumb) and then spend a couple of hours just having a meal, a drink and a few dances?

Another red flag: the date wasn't to a predefined restaurant in full public view (and it should have been if this was for publicity for the cancer cause). No, the winner got to take his prize off to a place of his own choosing and nobody would be around to keep things safe. Hub never investigated that little danger spot either.

Another red flag: Look how fast cousin Jack got accredited "Looks like they did little more than a credit check".

Red flag/goof: hub didn’t check just how high the bidding might go and if cousin Jack could stay the course.

Another red flag: the conversation with last year’s winner: hub had checked she’d got her phone and told her "If you're not comfortable for any reason, you give me a call, hear me?" yet she doesn’t even when Cathy tells her “Tease them a little. I guarantee you'll bring in more money. Some of these guys will naturally assume that you'll put out. Of course you don't have to if you don't want, but they don't know that.”

And another flag when Shore sidles up to them "Well, it looks like I found my date for tonight," he said as he stood next to Marcy and put his arm around her waist. Both Emmy and Marcy were immediately put-off by his brashness but neither wanted to offend one of the bidders so they kept quiet.

SO THEY KEPT QUIET! Why? Offend him, maybe he won’t bid on them then. Better stilll use that phone and get the hell out of that cattle-market after what you’ve seen and heard.

Finally suppose Shore had been a little more careful, not doping her water bottle until they were alone. Or even taking her to a restaurant first and then sneaking the pill into her drink. So there wouldn’t be any rescue scene with hub and police to provide testimony and collect evidence.

Could be days before she remembered enough for hub to get the ball rolling with charges. No obvious signs of forced sex, just her word against his. I’m sure Shore’s defence lawyers would have come on heavy that she willingly continued to stay in the auction and to accept him winning her company for the evening despite all the previous signs. Not a clear cut case any more, as many a rape victim has

found.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Easiest way to keep anything bad from happening is to not let the silly bitch go out on the date. Easy,peasy..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Her friend saw the guy put something in her water and didn't immediately attack him. Not a friend

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

@Anonymous Re: The drugging, It was across a crowded room and she TRIED to get over to them.

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Stopped

Jerry could have stopped it happening by preparing divorce papers and telling her if she went to the auction he would have them served.Her going out with a decent bloke could have led her to thinking of dating regularly.

MountainMan1336MountainMan1336almost 2 years ago

Not a bad story, 4 stars...... However, I think Jerry should fitted Marcy with a metal chastity belt before the auction. That way she would have been safe.

MarkT63MarkT63over 1 year ago

No excuse for a MARRIED person to go on a date with anyone but their spouse!!!!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

I'm glad the author introduced the drugged angle as an explanation, but are these "dates for charity" really a thing? I find them to be rather disgusting.

16BattleshipGunner16BattleshipGunnerover 1 year ago

Great Story, really shows we are human and make mistakes, but what love

can do for not only a couple but those a round them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Should have sued the perpatrators estate as well.

Pappy7Pappy7about 1 year ago

One more insightful comment and that is all for me. :) I just hope none of them have reproduced. Enough stupid people without adding more to the gene pool

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

No mention of the civil case against the rapist scumbag taking everything from him (EVERYTHING!) and donating it to cancer research, Ditto to spouses not dating anyone but each other, anything else is unacceptable.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Top author, clever plot, many developed characters (good and evil), good writing=Masterpiece 5

Note: I have known people like the characters, people with good intentions and charitable inclinations, but several were also secret cheaters.

Personally, the husband should have forced the wife not to go when he learned that there was likely no real background checks. A lot of important warning lessons. Thanks Laptopwriter!

The Hoary Cleric

rockdoctor63rockdoctor6310 months ago

It was her fault. She put herself in the situation. It was inappropriate and never should have happened. All the charity BS is just that BS. Should he have drugged her? NO Should she have ever went out on a date? NO When people put themselves in harms way and bad things happen it IS there responsibility.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Are there really charity auctions for a date where a married man or woman is auctioned? Seriously?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Of course she knew she was going to get fucked. That's why she insisted on doing it...........charity, my ass.

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger9 months ago

Some pitiful comments from the woman haters as usual. This was a well told story with a very serious theme, I personally know two women who were drugged and date raped, it is a devastating experience for them. In one case the perp was a multiple offender and had recorded 11 victims. HIs scumbag lawyer got our friends case changed from raped to a lesser charge after she was "forced" to watch her rape for a third time in the prersence of his lawyers(& hers) and they detailed points that they would make at trial that would cast doubt - noises she made, even though all parties accepted she was mentally 'out of it' - and rather than face being publicly humiliated she caved to the lesser charge.

The bastard still got jail time, though not enough, he had a return trip to jail when he masturbated near a school in his shiny Mercedes but a girl reported to her mother & her mother went straight to the police. His 2nd visit to jail saw him get a good beating from some ordinary crims. My feeling is they didn't hit him hard enough.

There are bad people, male & female, the LW slant of many woman haters can be depressing, yes there are nasty sluts about just as there are despicable bastards. Try judging people on their merits. End of rant.

Excellent story, thank you for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

March and Emmy were both sluts...cheap trash using cancer fundraising as an excuse to go out with other men

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

So i agree she got into a bad situation on her own and agree bs on the charity. So what if he bids on another woman? Some hot younger single woman? She ok with that?

I would insist on no but if my wife does it anyway then i am going on that date. Maybe we double date with my charity win? I tell her no kissing and no sex. Any break in the rules and divorce.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Nice, really enjoy your writing. 5 stars

Sumnut96Sumnut969 months ago

5 stars for a great tale. I'm very glad the husband was able to save his wife. Any BASTARD who uses date rape drugs should be on the receiving end of rape as well. I guess we gotta assume he did. Thank you for time and talent. DMW aka

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Why did they never sue the “foundation”? That would’ve raised a few hundred thousand for the cause.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Bad. Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance.

Better vetting of charity organization, better organizing of bidding process, after what the obsessive motivation was for pimping out the wife for the charity 'meat' auction. Why did she twist the arm and 'bribe' her husband, when he said "No", and tried to offer other safe options for said charity?

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19816 months ago

Just a few things to start with 1 she should have never pushed her husband the way she did to do that event 2 to start with it was more like Emmy didn't have her best interest at heart i get it turned out she did but it didn't sound like it to start with for it was her that kept pushing the wife to keep pushing her husband to let her do it that's not something a true friend would do she would have brought it up but she would have made it clear not to push her husband to much if he says no then that's it let it go because its not worth your marriage but this friend didn't do that she kept pushing her friend and allowing and condoning her friend to keep pushing and bugging her husband even going as far talking her friend into ambushing her husband about it still its the writers lack of writing and detail for that not her not being a true friend cause she was now too address the part of the story about that being only for singles that is not true at all married people can do it as well but they have to sign a agreement form that basically says there fine with it and cant come after them if something goes wrong also to address the part where bob said he thinks they only just check to see if your check will bounce or not should have thrown up a big red flag for the husband yet it didn't so in a slight way if anyone is to blame for his wife attack and near rape its the husband for not seeing the red flag that should have been so big and bright a blind man could have seen it cause any kind of event like that would do and run so many back ground checks its not even funny if they were a legit Charity event that held those types of auctions and yes there is quite a few that does hold those types of auctions in real life however with the exception of the few things I just said it wasn't that bad of a story if more details were given on the few things I talked about it could have been better to the writer remember its the details given in these types of stories that make or break it

LoisKnight69LoisKnight695 months ago

There are a lot of men commenting, who do not trust their wives. Did they never go on a date without hoping it would end in sex? Maybe extreme feminists are correct and most men are pigs. None of these guys could be trusted to live next door; they might attack your wife when you left for work. By the same token, they think all women are sluts. Pity they have so little trust in their wives as to think having dinner always is a prelude to sex.

The auction idea was good, but its details were flawed. 1) Husbands would be allowed at the auction. 2) The auction would be for a dining companion, not a dinner date. 3) Dinner would be at the banquet hall where the auction was held. IRL, Bidders are there to donate to the charity. Those who are outbid usually write checks to donate anyway. Married or single women can be auctioned for the dinner and conversation. Any exchange of phone numbers, etc. is not charity connected. It is like a business luncheon or dinner but the conversation has the charity as the centerpiece instead of a sale or a contract.

It was a good story with a fairy tale ending. Nothing wrong with that.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Unless I am mistaken, Marcy became Marge for a while, early on. A few more unforced errors took the five stars down to four. Still a pretty good tale.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Why are some comments blaming Bob? The husband initiated the conversation with Bob in which Bob mentioned the idea of a safe bidder. Common sense would have had the husband ask Jack (the safe bidder) what he could afford or wanted to donate. Then the husband would assure him he could bid whatever the husband would contribute to win the bid. As it was, Jack offered $1300 more than the previous year's highest bid. Don't blame Jack or Bob. They were lucky the villain drugged so Emmy saw it. He could have done it at a restaurant and no one would have known.

krazicat99krazicat995 months ago

I read these stories for enjoyment, not to critique. That said, I enjoyed the story. There were a few errors, but these stories aren't written with the hopes a winning great accolades. Lighten up folks.

NitpicNitpic5 months ago
Very

Very predictable

WolfOfTheWorldWolfOfTheWorld5 months ago

I lost my mom to cancer, it runs in her family. I liked the outcome and the fact that the original charity was a scam. Very good story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

An auction (supposedly for charity, sure, but whatever) where you bid to get a date with a woman. Shit man I'm a guy and even I'm offended by that. I can only imagine how loud the feminists would scream at this. Of course something has to go wrong.

Thank goodness she didn't get raped in the end. Had to actually skip to the comments before I read past the first page. I just can't read stories when I know there's going to be a rape. It's just too sickening.

I'd like to see the story about when she went on that 1-week training seminar and she becomes the loving wife this category is accustomed to. Hehe just kidding, I'm sure she would never cheat... Probably.

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19813 months ago

Ok it sucked what happened to her but in away she is correct about being her fault she just kept pushing and pushing all because she wanted to listen to her so called best friend who clearly showed she didn't have her best interest at heart if she was truly a loving wife she would have understood her husband concern and left it alone when he said no and explained why and if her friend was truly a friend she would have told her that she should try and understand what her husband was saying and leave it at that not keep pushing her to do it a true friend wouldn't have done that she would have never tried to come between her friend and her friends husband its simple this Emily chick did it and fucked some dude and she wanted her friend to do it with her The husband in this should do a trail separation for in a way she disrespected him and he should also tell if she wanted any chance of saving the marriage she will drop that Emily chick like a bat out of hell for she's not a true friend she's just a slut looking to break up her friends marriage

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19813 months ago

To louisknight69 that is not the point at all its not that we dont trust our wife it has nothing to do with her at all where trust is concerned its about the men who is bidding on her its also about the fact of the wife betraying her husband if she refuses to see and understand why he said no and keeps pushing and pushing she is showing what her husband thinks means nothing its all about her and its also about her friend pushing and pushing for to do it not being a true friend basically trying to come between the husband and wife for what ever reason if wife does that it's a type of betrayal that's what it's about has nothing to do with trusting her or not a real man would have said no and stuck to it regardless which would have created a new set of problems cause then the wife would just do it anyway to more address trust as you say some men have damn good reason not to trust women just like some women have damn good reason not to trust men take me for example it took me a long time before I trusted another woman and that woman i trust is my wife she knew why I didn't trust women yet she stuck around and earned my trust my wife wouldn't have done what the wife in this story did she wouldn't have kept pushing and pushing once she found out why I was against it the wife in this story would have fucked her date if he was a gentleman that is a 100 percent guarantee that is why she kept pushing and pushing the husband got lucky that a asshole won her the so called friend was in on it only reason why she called the husband is cause the guy was a asshole and she was trying to take her self out of the situation so fingers cant be pointed at her for causing the end of a marriage in the end the husband just showed hes not a man but a pussy ass bitch which means she is going to cheat on him that is also a guarantee for when a woman agrees to marry a man they want a man not some pussy and not some cuck bitch if that is what she gets she will fuck another man cause he isn't a real man

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Those drugs are detectable by their metabolites in the urine for many days. Like 3-4 days for X and longer for R (or.maybe vice versa, I forget). Just pointing it out, because many LW authors shorten the time frame so they become "undetectable" for thr sake of the story. Just like many LW authors have their cheating wives ignore plan B pills. Regardless well written and suspenseful story. Married people should not participate in these auction date events. Just.my personal opinion. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

It's demeaning to a husband and to a marriage for a wife to go on a date of any kind with anyone other than her husband for any reason. Period. End of story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I am not a member of Literotica. I feel much of it is not good.

HOWEVER, there are an amazing number of stories that, like this one, have great lessons about dealing with life issues.

This is a powerful story and worth reading.

THC

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous