The Date

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jerry and Marcy did the introductions as everyone were taking their seats. A few moments later the waiter took their drink orders. Jerry waited until everyone ordered dinner before revealing the dual purpose behind his invitation.

"Folks, I want to thank you all for coming tonight, it means a lot to Marcy and me."

"You didn't give us much choice," Bob interjected, getting a chuckle from everyone.

"You're right, Bob, I guess I didn't, but Marcy and I are hoping this will be a very special night and we wanted to share it with our best friends.

"It's been almost a year since James Shore drugged and kidnapped Marcy. A lot of things have happened since. It's been tough times but we've survived and in some ways, even prospered. Bob, by now everyone knows how we tried to rig the auction so I knew who Marcy would be out with that night. I, personally, know how guilty you feel about what happened; so much so, that it's actually affected our friendship. I won't have that, I want it to stop. You weren't responsible for what happened anymore than you were, Emmy."

Jerry turned his attention to her. "Your friendship with Marcy has been strained in the same way...it stops tonight, both of you! Now, I know...easier said than done. So, if either of you still have a hard time forgiving yourselves, we have a way for both of you to make amends."

Marcy picked up the conversation from there. "As you all know," she said, attracting everyone's attention, "that charity auction was one of victims from the fall out of that night. As it turns out, the actual amount of money that was donated didn't turn out to be that much, but the loss of any money that goes toward Cancer research is a big loss in my book."

"Soooooo," Jerry chimed in again, drawing out the word to grab everyone's attention, "we've come up with a plan to replace that money and hopefully more. If you guys still feel guilty then let's put that guilt to work for charity."

"This sounds exciting," offered Emmy.

"I hope so," Jerry countered. "I've been talking to Terry Hildebrand. He's the pro at Dear's Trail Golf Course where Bob and I play a lot of golf. He talked to the owners of the golf course and they've agreed to donate the course for an entire Sunday. In other words, we hold a charity golf tournament and everything we make, one-hundred percent, goes toward Cancer research. The only thing is, Marcy and I can't do this alone; we need help. That's where you guys come in."

"You can count me in," said Bob immediately.

"Me too," responded Emmy.

"Do you have room for me?" Stan asked.

"Hey, you're not leaving me out," said Susie.

EPILOGUE:

And so the, "Sherry Duncan Foundation," was established. They named it after Marcy's mother. The first year of the charity golf tournament, it brought in almost fifty-thousand dollars. The following year they combined the tourney with a silent auction and the third year, the Titlist Corporation donated a thousand dollar set of golf clubs to be auctioned off. That year the event brought in a total of one hundred thousand dollars, every penny of which, went toward Cancer research.

Bob and Emmy finally lost their feelings of guilt and the six musketeers, as they now called themselves, formed a friendship that would endure a lifetime.

Marcy's new found strength and determination earned her a promotion at work. No one was more proud of her than Jerry, and Marcy made sure he knew how much he was loved and appreciated every day.

One of the interesting side notes that developed from Marcy's horrible experience, was Jerry's trust issues...they no longer existed. When his lovely wife was sent away on a week's training seminar for her new job, never once did a suspicious thought cross his mind. She was his and he was hers.

The End.