All Comments on 'The Dawn of the Dragons'

by Sora1443

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
valkirionvalkirionover 8 years ago
not bad

Some minor spelling errors is my only problem with it but that can be over looked. Keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Familiar...

I've read the Dragonlance series before and this was a very good start! How close are you going to follow the series books?

Sora1443Sora1443over 8 years agoAuthor
Dragonlance

Well, it is right after Solace was destroyed. I knew someone would recognize the world. I have an actual atlas of the Kyrnn so I try to stick to actual places. Samar probably has a loved one out there somewhere, and I think they will play a part in rescuing the companions in the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

The writing is rather stilted, though certainly not bad for a first time. You have a tendency to jump around, going from one set to the next without any real description of what's going on.

There's potential, but you'd do well to slow things down a bit and think more about what you're trying to convey to the reader. The "houses and bars" in the trees, for example. How many bars are there in this small village? Why is it so important to note the bars and not any of the other businesses?

Are the homes in the trees, or just nestled amongst them? Tree houses sounds a lot more like elvish stuff than human, but it could work if you spent some time explaining the scene instead of simply assuming that the reader would understand.

happytechguyhappytechguyover 8 years ago

Pretty good! I am not familiar with the series mentioned in another comment, maybe I should try to find it.

I did not pay attention to any mistakes, and the story held my interest. I look forward to a continuation of the story!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous