The Dead World Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We ain't gotta be friends but it is what it is. Better safe than dead."

Charlie said nothing, not yet, her eyes still trained wearily on her unpredictable acquaintance. She was waiting to see if he had a reason to be here. As the silence settled though and the encounter turned into a far more awkward staring contest she expelled a deep breath and mumbled, quietly, "Did they send you to bring me back?"

"Huh? ...Oh. Nah, kid. Bossman is busy and Skully's with 'im... They got more important shit to worry about than watchin' kids."

"I'm in my twenties." Charlie snapped quickly. It was probably just a guy thing to call younger men shit like 'kid' and 'boy', even if they were adults... still, it was obnoxious at the least. But it probably wasn't the smartest move to give any indication on how old she was. The thought flickered into her mind too late. If this guy was fishing for information, she was damn well taking the bait.

"Tch, even if that was true... still just a kid. Lookin' at ya, I'm guessing ya ain't even eighteen." The man all but teased, "Almost all of us over thirty, everyone except maybe Skully, and Danny. Kid he's twenty one but probably just so nobody gives 'him hell for drinkin' so much. He supposed ta be keepin' a eye on ya."

"Then why are you following me?"

"Ya got a serious bug up yer ass over the whole pistol whippin' thing, huh?!" He finally laughed, causing Charlie's disdain for his company to rise even more. Blood rushed to her round cheeks as her hands tightened into little fists. She didn't like being laughed at, or followed around, especially when this group had freshly invaded her safe space rather rudely.

"Saw ya head out earlier... thought I'd, y'know... 'pologize, or whatever—how's yer head? Ain't got no real doctor with us. Diablo was a paramedic for a while but that's as good as we got. I keep some kickass pills, too—antibiotics, narcos, shit for sleep, fuck, even vitamins... I could hook ya up for the pain... if ya wanted..."

He wasn't used to apologizing, it was obvious. Hell, Charlie almost felt bad with how hard he was struggling with it. She even nearly considered taking his offer, but Charlie had never been one for taking drugs--not even for things like regular headaches, or allergies. Her entire head had taken on a throbbing pulse of its own as of lately, though, radiating from her temple where the stitches were. It made her vision tender and light sensitive. A general malaise had settled into her muscles and bones. It was almost tempting...

"I'm fine."

"Don't be proud. I hit ya... damn hard, too, turns out ya really are just some kid holed up here all alone and ya weren't just coverin' for yer folks.." His smile faded a little and he took a few steps closer, watching as Charlie began to slowly let down her guard. Her slim arms dropped down finally, her hands tucking deep into the leather coat. The brooding scowl she was wearing eased to a contemplative frown.

"Ya were kind enough to share ya house and food with us rowdy travelers. Fair is fair, an eye for an eye. That's how things are." He fished something from his back pocket—some sort of ziplock bag with a small amount of white pills. Removing a few, he offered them out to her, stopping with at least three good strides of his long legs between them... as if he were dealing with an unpredictable animal.

She stared at him for a long while, and finally moved closer, extending a glove covered palm to accept the medication. Close enough, now, to see how vibrant and fierce his eyes truly were, that lopsided grin, and the scars like lightening along his right cheek. His facial structure was strong, but not at all unappealing... he was a rugged sort of handsome, she almost hated to admit it. He dropped them into Charlie's hand, bemused at how quickly she pulled back and re-established safe distance between them afterwards.

"So... what weird name do they call you?" She stuffed her hands back into her jacket pockets, depositing the unfamiliar medication to the depths as she did so.

"Slash..." He scooped a few pills for himself, tossing them into his mouth and crunching them up quickly before tucking the bag back into his back pocket. "Charlie, right?"

"Yeah..."

"What're ya, buck twenty soakin' wet? Gonna wanna take 'em all. Percs. Not real strong, but better than anythin' ya got."

The southern twang to his speech made him a little hard to understand, but for the most part she got the gist of it. He asked how much she weighed and said she should take all of the pills—she honestly wasn't certain she wanted them, she just didn't want to come off as rude or insulting when the man seemed insistent on pressing the issue. She could always just... toss them when he was gone, right?

He watched her almost expectantly, an uncomfortable silence settling between them once again. She retrieved the pills realizing what he wanted and carefully placed them between her lips, swallowing hard. A pleased smile curved over Slash's lips, and Charlie took a little solace in knowing she had just watched the man take a few of the pills himself. He wouldn't likely poison her with something he took himself... right? She highly doubted anyone in their right mind would willingly dope themselves up beyond normal functioning but then again, he did seem a little... "not all there."

"Guess we're friends now, huh?" Slash broke the silence, looking to the small car Charlie had her attention on not even twenty minutes prior. "Lookin' for somethin'? Or were ya tryin' ta make a break for it while e'rebody was sleep?"

"My bag. It's got some important things inside: pictures of my family, some... other things from before—nothing that special... but it's important to me."

He seemed to study her tone of voice for a moment as if deciding whether or not she was lying, and then at long last, he gave a gentle nod of understanding. He knew the weapons had been removed as had the keys so unless the kid was a master at hot wiring weird cars he wasn't going anywhere, not in that thing.

"Go 'head, get yer shit. I'll walk ya back home so ya don't get a bullet in yer ass headin' back... Y'know, for a lil' scrawny thing, ya gotta lotta balls, kid. Yer lucky ya got a group of level headed fellas in ya house and not a gang of murderin' dogs... Ya move around too much—makes people twitchy, twitchy people get trigger happy. Gotta learn to sit tight, stand down."

She turned and reached into the driver side, craning in far and grabbing the bag that held her keepsakes and jerking it free of the vehicle before tossing it around her to her back. She wanted to ask Slash how often one happened upon the wrong sort of people, the kind of murderous dogs he had mentioned... but thought it better not to ask, not right now at least. She still wasn't convinced that he, and the group he came with, weren't just the sort of people they kept mentioning... just wolves in sheep's clothing.

She tried to keep the longing and urge to bolt from her mind, contemplative expression ever so slightly brooding. At least she had the bag. She began to walk ahead of Slash and started back along the gravel path toward the bridge, listening as the man began to trail along after her. It wasn't a far walk, maybe fifteen to twenty minutes, but... Charlie didn't exactly trust her new "friend". She made certain to stay ahead of him and not give him any reason to view her as a threat.

He began to whistle about halfway along the bridge, some unfamiliar little tune or another, almost as if he could feel the youngster's uneasiness. It let him know where he was at least, maybe bringing in a little ease to the youngster's obvious anxiety.

They were over the bridge and at the entrance of the northern tower before she knew it. Only then did it seem Charlie began to feel the effects of the pills he had given her. So distracted in her last-ditch getaway being foiled, Charlie barely noticed the throb of her head had dissipated, her stiff muscles had eased to the back of her thoughts and were no longer annoying her with every step. Her body felt loose, and at ease, like she was being cradled by some invisible comforting presence and all the weight and discomfort had been completely lifted from her. She felt so much more relaxed now—a little giddy, even, and it was most bizarre considering how troubling the last day and a half had been. It was a little bit of a big deal to her in all honesty, even though she was certain this newfound comfort was only temporary.

Charlie moved to push the inactive automatic doors aside, with Slash coming to her aide. Once they had parted, she started inside ahead of him, the familiarity of the eerie, dusty hall honestly calming.

"Thanks, for the medicine. I actually feel a lot better." The soft swell of hope in the woman's voice caused the roguish man to smile, waving away her appreciation before swiping a thumb habitually against his nose.

"Aw, man... don't get all gay on me. I told ya, it's an eye for an eye. I owed ya. We're square now. Like it better this way then if ya were to pay the me back the ol' fashion way, y'know?" Charlie looked ever so slightly confused, taking a moment to process what he said before realizing his hand gestures helped explain it—the punching motion he made with a fist into his palm seemed to indicate he expected Charlie to attack him in return for the sudden and rather uncalled for disarming of their host.

"I guess."

"Good shit though, huh? The pills?"

"Yeah.. nothing hurts anymore. How long does it last?"

"Couple hours or so..." That seemed like an eternity, so Charlotte counted the blessing silently. She'd been so apprehensive before but for once, it seemed, taking a chance might have just worked out in her favor. She took to the right hall to head down the corridor that would lead them to the back of the building and into the courtyard, only to find herself tugged to a sudden stop about halfway down. Slash had reached out, long nimble fingers encircling her wrist.

"Wanna couple more?" The pleasant haze was almost enough to inspire Charlie to accept the offer without hesitation, but the sharper mind beneath halted her almost as abruptly as Slash had, and with a soft grin she shook her head.

"Nah.. no thanks.. I might just wind up sleeping all day if you gave me more."

"Really? Ya sure?"

"Really, really. I feel... like... kindaaaa... goofy, y'know?" She giggled.

"Yeah ya are goofy, yer a goofy ass kid." He grinned wide and reach out to ruffle the youngster's hair beneath the beanie, "Don't gotta take 'em right now, anyways... ya can keep 'em fer later, when those wear off."

"You trying to get me hooked?" She almost giggled again at the thought of becoming an addict in the middle of the apocalypse, quickly tugging the beanie back to its proper place atop her head. Of all the things that could kill you these days, wouldn't that be a path to choose? There seemed an almost sinister glint in Slash's eye, who took a step or two closer, still holding onto Charlotte's wrist with a gentle albeit solid grasp.

"...Maybe. If ya wanted them, ya gotta have somethin' to trade. Fair is fair, huh?" He tilted his head, eyes sweeping down the younger, smaller man's body suggestively. "So... what ya got?"

She almost didn't notice that he had moved so close to her, and that her back was now mostly to the wall. The emergency exit was a few meters down the hall, still, which seemed a remarkably far distance now that the first few prickles of uneasiness began to seep into her mind. If she didn't know any better... she could swear the guy was coming onto her? Oh for fuck's sake, really? In all the damn dying world I get the one gay guy left alive?!

"Oh!... uh—uhm!... well.. I mean..." She tripped over her words almost desperately, "...guns? We kept them all locked up--we.. we found a lot, going out, looking for supplies—"

"Got guns. What else?" A low chuckle escaped Slash's lips as he bore down on the younger 'male', and all but pinned his slimmer body firmly back against the wall.

"I don't have anything good to trade." Her statement was an aggressive snap this time, twisting free the wrist Slash had captured to place both hands firmly on the man's solid chest. She shoved him roughly as a threat, trying to put space between them, causing his brows to loft and he drew his hands back and raised them into the air in mock surrender.

"Eeeeaaasy killer... just messin' with ya."

"Sure as fuck seem pretty serious. Back the fuck off dude." He didn't step away, despite having let her go. He was still far too close for her comfort, and she tried her best to keep that discomfort under control, glaring hard at him and shifting from one foot to the other uncomfortably, her arms crossing over her chest. "I said I don't want them, and don't have anything to give you. I wouldn't, even if I did."

"Aww, see now yer just tryin' to hurt my feelin's. I said I was just messin' with ya."

"Move out of my way, please." The expression Slash gifted her with caused her stomach to churn uncomfortably... or maybe that was the pills he'd given her? The nonchalance in his eyes, the cocky smirk tugging the corners of his lips, everything about him suggested he was simply being playful. 'Move or what?', his body language mocked. It wasn't a joke someone like Charlie wanted to entertain.

"Can you please move?" She pleaded angrily, all but whining for him to give her back her personal space. "What the fuck are you, gay or something?"

"Fuck no! Why would ya say some shit like that?!" The speed and aggressiveness in which Slash slammed his hands to either side of her head caused her to flinch visibly, her eyes wide as a flood of anxiety and fear pulsed through her body. She swallowed hard, looking down the empty hall with rising anxiety. Even if she yelled for help, who would be around to hear her? "Huh?! Why?! I know ya hear me—answer me!"

"I-I... I don't.. I didn't mean anything by it—I'm not—I just thought—"

"What? Thought I wanted that tight lil' ass in a trade?" The man hooked an arm around her waist and pulled her body close to his, his hand rushing down to cup the woman's plump little backside through her jeans and give it a rough squeeze. Her heart was pounding in her chest, hands pushing hard against Slash's to try and keep distance between them—he was bound to notice a few things about this 'boy' that didn't add up!

"I'm not gay!"

"Cool, me neither..." Slash laughed as Charlie began to squirm, grasping her chin with his free hand as he bore down on the youngster again and pushed his back against the wall, thumb teasing along that plump pink bottom lip.

"But.. yer kinda cute, for a lil' shit with a smart mouth... heh, pretty, even... it's those lips, mm, yeah... you ever do anything with those lips?"

"Get the fuck off me dude!" Charlie's fear had reached its peak, instinct taking hold of her. She thrashed, shoving and kicking and doing anything to get Slash to get the hell away from her—and when she saw her opening she dipped down and slipped under his arm and began in a full on sprint for the emergency exit.

Laughter followed her vicious little outburst, and the other male was hot on her tail when she tore free of him, leaping to catch her legs to bring her tumbling down to the ground with him.

"Where the hell ya think yer goin' pipsqueak? We're just havin' a lil' fun!" Laughter still as he began to pull Charlie close again by her legs, narrowly avoiding being kicked in the head by Charlie's boots.

"Stop—stop it! No! STOP!"

"Oh stop yer bitchin'—c'mere... I just wanna look at ya!" Slash's teasing, almost playful tone had lost all of its comforting merit as he secured her feet and climbed up to hold her legs down with his own. She couldn't hit him laying on her stomach and her attempts to flip onto her back were more than unsuccessful with the man sitting on her thighs now. She did the only thing she could think of, reaching into her breast pocket for the pistol.

"Whoooaaa, hey now kid, it ain't even that serious—why don't ya gimme that before someone gets hurt?" Slash immediately went to disarm her, giving her a moment to dislodge him and struggle over the gun which slid across the floor.

"Let go you sick fuck!" The wild grin on his lips had yet to fade, finding nothing but humor in how the youngster thrashed and fought him. It was a little exciting even with how desperate Charlie was to keep him from invading his personal space... and honestly, he wasn't certain how far he wanted to take it. Just getting under the kid's skin was entertaining.

The more he anticipated it though, the more he was interested—was he as soft as those pretty lips, underneath his clothes? Charlie was very feminine by male standards, with his plush mouth, long eyelashes and quiet voice. It had been an incredibly long time since they had come across any community or group with single women... long enough Slash decided it couldn't hurt for him to bend the rules a little. What no one knew wouldn't hurt them.

Charlie had never shot anyone before but she felt very much as if today would be the day—explaining it off to his friends wouldn't be hard. They scrambled for the gun in unison, Slash swiping it out of the woman's reach just barely, moving to aim it between those pretty brown eyes in triumphant victory as he caught his breath.

"Ya were really gonna shoot me, huh?" He chuckled, taking the safety off and moving slowly to stand over Charlie who pushed herself up onto her knees now, chest heaving with the effort of the struggle. The soft pout to the youngster's lips was decidedly adorable, if it wasn't for the fire in those eyes he felt she was trying to shoot into his very soul and destroy him with.

"That's how ya treat yer new friends? Tsk, tsk..." His thumb shifted to the hammer, cocking the gun smoothly, and moving to press the cold steel of the muzzle against her forehead. "What am I gonna do with ya?"

"Give me back my gun and fuck off? Before I tell your Boss what you're playing at?" She hissed at him bitterly, heart pounding in her ears now, her face flushed and burning in anger. Slash's eyes narrowed ever so slightly.

"Why would the Bossman listen to some rowdy lil' punk over me? Nah, see, I was just jokin' with ya and ya had to take it this far... so the way I see it, ya need to be punished." He took a step back, pausing to examine the youngster before grinning widely and gesturing down Charlie's body with the loaded pistol. "Strip... behave yerself and ya can walk back to yer room when yer done."

"You're out of your fucking mind... I'm not doing that!"

"Want me to shoot ya in the ass instead? I'm sure ya weren't gonna do me any favors if ya grabbed the gun before me." He pushed the muzzle roughly against Charlie's temple, not far from where the stitches rested. "Strip. Now."

She swallowed nervously, hands trembling now as adrenaline began to wear off. This was bad... very, very bad. She tried to find a reason to stall, looking around the near empty hall in desperation, avoiding those fierce lucid green eyes with everything in her as she slowly moved her hands to her belt.

"Hurry up."

"I am!" She choked, fumbling with the belt as she tried to blink back her tears. Once undone, she moved her hands to the button of her jeans, hesitating and shooting a miserably anxious glance up to Slash, her voice a desperate whisper, "...Please... don't make me do this."

"Hey, we coulda had a good time.. ya don't wanna be friends though. So this is what it is now. C'mon... let's see what yer hiding under there, kid—"

The emergency exit but feet away now open abruptly, and in stepped the tall, long-haired Russian with his automatic rifle in hand, his fierce brooding expression alit with aggravation. He took only moments to assess the situation—the youngster on his knees looking ever so distressed and the smug, lanky man standing over him, gun pressed to his head. "What the fuck going on here, hn?! What the fuck, Slash?"