All Comments on 'The Dinner Party'

by JimGrinsted

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Awful

Ridiculous story. Totally unbelieveable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Scrue?

Calling Mr. Webster!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Hillbillies?

If I were not for the Southern boys who join the Army and Marines, the NYC rich would be learning Arabic and their women wearing Burkas.

JimGrinstedJimGrinstedabout 9 years agoAuthor
Replies

Anon#1 -- Glad you liked the story.

Anon#2 -- It's the way people spell when they're drunk.

Anon#3 -- Since when are these stories supposed to be politically correct?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
This should be in "humour and satire"...

...because it's funnier than anything already there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Hillbillies? - Anon

While I, and I am sure many others DO appreciate all those who did serve no matter what "stereotype" they may represent; There is more to this country than just the "Southern boys" and "NYC county rich". I am sure that there are many who would be dammed before they would watch themselves forced to learn Arabic and their women wear Burkas. Not against the side that will not stay at least neutral anyway.

At any rate, it was a story, I imagine that was part of the humor element that the author added that was commented on by the author. The part with Miss Meth was pretty hot.

JimGrinstedJimGrinstedabout 9 years agoAuthor
Re: Hillbillies by Anon

You got it right. The "hillbillies" are a story device, not a sociological observation. I needed rural poverty to make this story happen. Setting it in Westchester County just wouldn't work.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous