All Comments on 'The Doctor is: In'

by aka_Mike

Sort by:
  • 43 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
Author should strongly consider only quaffing decaffeinated beverages before and during writing sessions

aka_Mike is clearly an intelligent individual who clearly has worked very hard to imbue maximum nuance into what seems like each and every paragraph, possible every sentence. It's his style and it's unapologetically intense. If Walter Sobchak ( John Goodman's character from ' Big Lebowski ') decided to become a Loving Wives scribe , it would read something akin to this author's body of work.

I actually enjoyed W.S. in the aforementioned movie. But the reason why he didn't come off as a parody was his supercharged vibe riffing off of Jeff Bridges uber laidback ' The Dude'. To me , that vein of contrast and humor is what's needed to take aka_Mike's stories to next level. Just my opinion .... hmm a bit of Julianne Moore wouldn't be too bad either . The horned Viking helmet is optional.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Jeez dude, killer stories, but please hurry up, dont leave us hanging!

Whats up with D?

Slamdawg, you are LORD Great comment

Oldbearswitch

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
plus

This was an extremely well crafted change to they typical cuck story that has invaded the pages of this site.

WELL DONE!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Too Clever by Half

As I read your story, I slowly got the sense that there was something in your mind that was not getting translated to writing. My first dissonance was the use of pronouns whose antecedent was unclear (i.e., what was this "it" or "her" is he referring to?).

The Barbara character development -- or rather the lack of it -- made much of the unfolding narrative impossible to follow. In fact, for me, none of the characters were presented in depth. Lots of implication, but often not much to hang on. In the last sentence capped it all: Bill going into shock?! And what is D? I give up.

ju8streadingju8streadingover 7 years ago

so far i have enjoyed all your stories.

thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

It was a fine story, but, somehow it seems to be a different character trajectory than when we left Barbara in Traject. In that, D had no idea that she was married until she told him - there were no rings, etc. It was almost suggested there that Barbara and Bill had some sort of agreement, and it wasn't her first time. That discontinuity bothered me along with a fairly pat (even though well written) destruction of the woman while the man lives happily ever after. I had expected more nuance and less cliche.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
This should have been part of the larger series. You've left your readers floundering.

You cannot appreciate this story unless you read the author's previous stories related to these characters. And that requirement should have been made more clear.

The clue is in the subheading, that this is a story about a "shitty" wife. This particular story is about a woman who is mentally ill. She may have started as a shitty wife, but by the time in her life when we get to this story she has become an out of control self-destructive adulteress. That her clinically trained husband did not pickup on her behavior and her symptoms reflects how distant and shallow their relationship was, or how poorly the author crafted the characters.

You have to go back and read the relevant parts of their histories in the prior stories to get the complete picture being portrayed in this story. The author suggests that in the introduction, but I think it is absolutely necessary if you really want to understand the behavior and motivations of the characters.

Either way, I found this an unsatisfying subplot for a character who was worth knowing and caring about. The character didn't choke, the author did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Overwrought

Too much melodrama. Not entertaining.

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
I know I should go back

But just as long as I do not worry about it I can consider this a completely burned

bitch story. I know, I am lazy.Thanks anyway

Impo_64Impo_64over 7 years ago
Finally we learned what happened to her...

Finally we learned what happened to her...She deceived even D! 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
She's dead so that's a plus

The rest of the story leaves much to be desired. A shrink who works with vets who have PTSD going into shock when one of them is involved in violence somewhere? Really.

And it is convenient for both the cheated on spouses that they had everything before they were married.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
3*s

A very entertaining bit of BTB story. Even though it wasn't the husband , it was guilt that did her in😧💊.

Thanks for the story. I don't read your main serial, I found it too depressingly realistic. This is escapism for me. Not a look for validation, lol.

So I appreciate these one off stories as your writing style and points-of-view make a story fun to read.

Thanks aka_Mike.

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Whatever anyone else says about your stories...

...know this: That you have a fan in me.

I've lived on the roller coaster that family life can be, seen the devastation wrought by a selfish cheater, spent small fortunes getting my head wired back to my ass and commiserated with betrayed friends and family members in their hours of dismay.

Fortunately, I don't relive my past in reading your stories, but I do relate to several of your characters and look forward to the ongoing chapters of their story.

You could exhale stardust and shit diamonds some would still whine.

Your writing and storytelling have both improved, as you work your way through your stories and your life.

I hope when you finish this series, some other muse will pass your way and you can continue what is becoming a legacy of some note and legend.

Please continue, please keep telling your stories and inviting us into them. The characters are rich with....well...character and interest.

For me, these have been somewahta dsitraction from the tiresome remains of my own saga. Relatable, but distinctly different....I have enjoyed every single entry, even when I disagreed with some character behavior or other, or some event left me cold. It has all been part and parcel to the whole and better at its worst, than most everything from Hollywood.

Please continue and please accept my thanks for an engaging and worthwhile opus.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sucked

Super sucked thanks for wasting my time asshole

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
sucked huh?

maybe you should read the series dickwad then it might make sense 5 from me

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 7 years ago

The ending note really makes no sense for this story on its own, nor can it be considered a good one even with context, since it is pretty divorced from what else happened in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A great counselor?

She fucks her patients. Makes her the worst kind of counselor. Horrible story, continues crap aka writes.

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3about 7 years ago
WOW!

Keep writing. Your series has so far been fascination, well-written, good plot and some surprises. 5* and 2 Favorites just for this story. I'm looking forward to many more. BTW--it's been 3 months since this story. I hope you haven't given up or had major problems that interrupted your writing. I'm looking forward to more soon.

timbel13timbel13almost 7 years ago
Wow!!

What would the internet or Literotica be without Trolls? Please disregard the vitriol of miserable "anonymous" souls and keep up the good work.

notredame43notredame43over 6 years ago
wow

she did herself in all round. harsh ending, but the way you wrote her it fits

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
WHY DID HE PUT UP WITH THIS FOR SOO LONG?

And if she intended to commit suicide by dick why not do it before the divorce? Now he's gonna have to deal with anyone in her family who might inherit. Don't get me wrong, it's great the bitch is dead and I can't think of a better way to end the story except that the death might not have been ruled accidental and the police pursued the assholes who gave her the overdose.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 5 years ago
Excellent

There’s one thing nagging at me:

‘She had a great career and would be able to find work easily,’

I’d expect that Bill had read the names in the file, and known that D was among her affairs. Wouldn’t he be bound by professional ethics, to report her as having sex with her patient? A man as good a doctor, highly respected in his field, would not allow her to continue active practice. He’d know the trigger for D’s backslide, and be as angry for the damage done the patient, as to his marriage.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Dark

That was a very dark story. Bill was awfully easy on her for BTB. She definitely has serious mental illness, and it killed her. Good story, I'm going to read the rest of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
it was good

don't feel anything for the wife. and i don't see any huge mental problems. she may have a few, but i didn't pick up on anything a lil' CBT couldn't straighten out.

her reasons for affairs were boredom. plain and simple. she pretty much told us more than once. i literally feel nothing for her. she's a grown ass woman. if she wants to feel loved, she could have shown someone else love. what she ultimately was, was a selfish and in control person. no one cries for selfish people. her ex-husband may mourn a memory of her, when perhaps she wasn't what she turned into. but ultimately she died forgotten and everyone is better off without her around.

she had a chance to change, and live a better life. but she decided sooth her pain the same way she handled the doldrums of married life, fucking strangers. it's a dice roll every time. some people die only drinking wine with pain meds one time, sometimes it's the 24th time, and sometimes it never happens.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
at least he got out with out

having to split anything with the slut

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
LOL "Illness"

What illness made her not speak to her husband for a year and a half? What illness makes you fail to communicate your concerns and libido to the man you married, the man you claim to love, but then spread them around to whoever else wants them?

There was no illness here, no sexual addiction or uncontrollable urges, just a selfish and greedy woman who so enjoyed the feeling of infidelity she mentally divorced her husband for a YEAR and then choked to death on her regret. Good people make bad decisions sometimes, the fact that they're good people doesn't absolve them or spare them the consequences of their actions... Also, this is fiction. Just pointing that out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
easy!!!

kill the wife!!! LOVE slap hapy papy #9 [another assnomeous comment]

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
"her pleading vagina"

You really shouldn't try so hard.

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

Had its good points but he was a dipsh*t.

And as for that femi-nazi anon below with her man hating "His poor little man ego was injured, poor little boi unable to meet her needs, to help her through her illness, to do what MEN do and suck it up and love the ill person." Sorry little girl, by the time he knew she was ill any love he had obviously died, in which case he was right to walk away, understand that reality and untwist your panties.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

The ending was........... stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

So bad. Just awful

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

She had sex with patients, should have gone to prison for that.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

Sad story but wished she got to live with the consequences. U reap what u sow.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story with the exception of the last three paragraphs. Cannot really say I enjoyed Barbara's slide into depravity, but that's part of the tale as well. LP

kamdev99008kamdev99008almost 2 years ago

Nothing

No btb

No payback

No revenge

Juat a wimpy cuckold husband and a not only slut but a whore wife.... Died accidentally after a druggie gangbang

Last paragraph may be have some impact if described properly but writer tried to create suspense by deception...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

really, really, really a bad pathetic story... really!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I think all the commenters below have badly understood this story. Barbara was a study delusional guilt driven be sex as ritual self-influcted punishment. I suspect she was psychotic. Bill, sadly, was a fool who deluded himself that Barbara would, somehow, "come out of it." This fact of this otherwise masterful, albeit tragically dark in the extreme, rends the stories fabric. The author should have tried a different vehicle. BTB wasn't needed here and the resolving consequences were appropriate to evolution of the psychic disturbance.

Unbelievably sad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She a delusional psychotic with a terminal sex addiction.

This was a superbly written story.....with one fatal flaw.

No one, but no one, would let Barbara go on after he first discovered her betrayal. A whole year, given Bills profession, makes that so unlikely as to be beyond dismissal.

Here pathology should have been used more effectively. Of course, rencilliation would absolutely not been in the outcome.

Everything else would have fit well.

Here suicide, and that's what it was, was the only,and correct option left to her.

She, at that point, beyond any hope of recovery.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I gave it only a 3 average because despite its being well written there were too many gaping plot holes.

He was supposed to be a forensic psychologist yet his actions/befuddlement were far out of character for such a professional. As for tolerating her behaviour for so long? Never in a millennium. There was nothing in the marriage for him: no touches, no togetherness, no love and no sex so why was he still there?

As for her, trying to slake her guilt at causing her first lover pain by heaping even further sexcapades on herself and collaterally on her husband? Never mind the gross misconduct in dealing with her patient like that.

Of course just to ruin the suspense at the end: "D" is that very same patient.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Better ending would be Bill just pissing on her grave while being thankful the slut was gone.

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

At least the useless slut kills herself

goodwabgoodwab22 days ago

It makes no sense that this woman could continue professionally in this situation. In Traject, Bill describes her as his "estranged wife." So they were already apart during the D-era? Makes no sense. Were those the only stories Bill and Barbara were in?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous