All Comments on 'The Drinker and the Sentinel'

by BuckRivers

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
kjohns2001kjohns2001about 7 years ago
Question...

At some point you would think that it would become obvious that some defensive armament would be necessary for the stations. Even if treaty requirements stipulated no offensive weapons it just doesn't make sense that any society would require citizens to submit to suicide by sexual assault by alien monsters.

If you intend to write more on this story perhaps you could expand on this thought and consider how imperative it would be to take one of the aliens alive. Setting up a trap for one would be an interesting proposition. Big and strong, but not invulnerable, they might be, but once they drop their tools a thick metal box would serve to hold one securely.

I understand the appeal of having just a sexually oriented story, but you could expand on it while keeping up the sex angle between the human characters. Sorry for asking for a somewhat serious Sci-Fi story but then I think your premise could handle a bit of space opera conflict without losing the sex while gaining a lot of different storylines. Social, military and personal takes on your premise would make for fascinating reading I believe.

BuckRiversBuckRiversabout 7 years agoAuthor
Author Response.

Thanks for the comment, kjohns.

I think in my editing I deleted a bit of background information that should have stayed in. My intent was that the drinker ships show up rarely, and are of mysterious origin. They're not part of any treaties or known empires, so no one knows what to do with them. My presumption is that they're rare enough that the leaders view the occasional losses as part of doing business, even if they're a concern on the front lines of Sentinel Corps.

It would be interesting to expand the story, especially since the ending kind of opens such a possibility up. I'll have to consider it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great!

I enjoy how descriptive you are. Please continue writing. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
hot

Winner takes all poker with naked space troopers. Yes please

maddictmaddictabout 7 years ago
Cheers

Phughin preposterous !

Butt hey I'll drink to that !

I can't help butt wonder what if a guy was on board with the troopers. You better be good at poker

sporgasboredsporgasboredover 6 years ago
MOAR

More in this setting, please!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Oh no

Theres a hoard of them, between those two stars. Thats what valerie was pointing at. Hope emma remembers valeries strategy

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBuckRivers@BuckRivers
As an introduction, I like to chat and roleplay. Some days I prefer one over the other, but I'm flexible. I particularly enjoy interviewing women about their sexual fantasies and sexual behaviors. I'm not interested in anything beyond chatting. I've written a few stories o...