All Comments on 'The Dummy's Mind for Females'

by cashcrunch

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great work~!

Read both your essays, Geat work on both of them.

I'm lucky enough to have a wife that at least tolerates sports, and is semi-actively interested in watching... And is perfectly willing to humor me...

As for the looking thing, well, it's true... I check out women just like I check out cars... And thank god for the gorgeous wife and kidlet that I have at home.

H20waderH20waderover 18 years ago
I read them both

I have not seen a better essay on the war between the sexes.

the libs i have run into seem to be moving towards the 'male's' POV i had had some women curse at me for holding a ddor. i have others thank me.

keep up the good work

I am the H20wader

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Loved it

Been there, done that--burned several of the T-shirts! Really good! I can really relate to this poignant piece. Also, just sat there and laughed at several points. Wish I could write my philosophy have as well. Thanks JimDinMN

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
The Simple Facts Are..............

That Men & Women are different.

That Men & Women are brought up differently.

That Men are usually bigger and stronger than women.

That Women are allowed to start a sentence with the words "All men..." which is followed by laughter by all the women but that if a Man did the same thing he would be harranged for a week

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
On Movies

Excellent piece of work!

On movies, I have a theory, which has worked out, at least anecdotally with the women that I've been with.

It's about the movie Titanic. My belief is that you can really understand the differences in the way men and women tend to think, just from that movie.

My point.

If one were to have stood outside a movie theater, and interviewed couple after couple coming out of that movie, GENERALLY, you would have the following responses from the respective sexes.

General FEMALE: (Mascara has run slightly and her cheeks are flushed from the emotional content of the film)

Interviewer: I take it you liked the movie. What did you like about it?

General Female: (a somewhat disjointed sounding convulsion of sentences, with obvious deep feelings and gasps at appropriate times) OMG! it was such a beautiful love story. He was there... and she was there and they loved each other, and he saved her and then she saved him and then they both saved each other and then he spoke to her and then he.....................................................................................(extra long pregnant pause) ...................................................died (tears would then start running again)

Interviewer, turning to male: I see... what did you enjoy about the movie Sir?

Generalized Male: Well, I thought it was pretty cool how the ship broke in half when it sank.

And that pretty much sums it up in my opinion on the differences of how men and women think.

Mike

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Garbage!!!

That is all.

maggie maemaggie maealmost 18 years ago
Can't we all just get along?

I read this article and the author's previous article. I seldom leave feedback and wouldn't now except I thought it unfair and ridiculous that the author got blasted for the first article. I believe I am a fairly enlightened woman who believes in equality for all, whether by gender, religion, ethnic background etc. I enjoyed the first "sarcastic" article and I enjoyed the second "serious" article. I think everybody who trashed this author for his opinions, whether serious or sarcastic, should just lighten up. We don't have to all agree. But we should respect other peoples' opinions unless their actions are harmful to others. Just as the author says, there is a difference between how people feel and how they act. For example, I may be appalled by rape and not understand why people enjoy writing/reading about it, so I just don't read those stories. I don't go to every story and give the author a sermon on how rape is wrong. If you didn't like the authors view/tone/humor, DON'T READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE. I got from very early on that he was speaking tongue in check in some parts, so again LIGHTEN UP. Okay, there's my rant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Sad you felt the need to defend yourself,

you should have told anyone that could not see the good natured aspect of the original to take a flying fuck. From what I could make out only the ultra pc brigade had their usual sense of humour bypass. It does no good to pander to their Guardian reading sensibilities. (this is a uk newspaper read by teachers, social workers and tv producers.) -- UK CYNIC

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous