The Ebony Alpha Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Darien laughed and sighed when he felt his sister severe their connection.

"I can't believe she just shut me out like that. Must have been something I said." Grinning widely he called to his men to stand down and to send Sebastian to his office as soon as he arrived.

****

Evelyn walked into the bedroom and admired its masculinity. The large logs showed the strength of the builder and the stone floors his eye for beauty. She wondered how he had electricity so far from civilization, but decided to be grateful for small luxuries.

Walking into the adjoining bathroom she gasped in surprise. The blue veined marble floors continued from the bedroom and up the wall of the largest shower she had ever seen.

Multiple shower heads jutted from the wall and ceiling and a hand spray hung from a hook on the wall. It was partially enclosed by a glass wall that protected the rest of the space from water.

A full length mirror stood against the wall and a basket of toiletries sat on the sink's countertop. She stood in the mirror and frowned at her reflection. She had lost a lot of weight in the last month and her body looked too thin.

Evelyn traced a path down her sleek form and stopped at the fading scars on her left leg. Tomorrow they would be gone and only her soul would bear the wounds.

Her hair had always amused her mother because it was soft but very curly. She would always say that no Sioux had curly hair and blamed its texture on her father. It was as black as a raven's wing and was almost blue in the sunlight. It had now grown past her shoulders and she kept it tamed in two thick braids.

Her breasts had always been a little big for her frame and her hips were firm and round. Her long legs were strong and she kept them toned by running every morning. She had been called beautiful and she could agree to that, but she did not feel that way right now.

Turning back to the shower she turned on the water; while it ran she picked out a soap and sponge to use. Choosing a bottle labeled Honey and Almond she stepped into the water.

"Ahhhhhh." She sighed as the hot water soothed her and she relaxed for the first time in many days. Remembering this was a shared space, she hurried to finish before Hosuk returned. She spotted the towel and shirt on the bed and dried herself off then put the large flannel shirt over her small frame.

Suddenly feeling the weight of the day on her shoulders she pulled back the covers and got into bed. Sleep overtook her and she forgot about the man on his way home.

****

Hosuk stored the bundle of meat in a freezer that he had in the root cellar. Keeping two large pieces of meat to cook for dinner, he let himself into the cabin.

He didn't see Evelyn in the living room so he decided to start dinner. The small kitchen had everything he needed and he cut up the meat in small cubes for a stew. He placed the large pot on the stove and added water, onions, green peppers and the meat. Throwing in a bay leaf for extra flavor he covered the pot and headed into the bedroom.

The sight that met his eyes as he opened the door made his heart race. Evelyn was asleep in his bed.

One long glorious leg lay on top of the covers while the rest of her was covered partially. Her deep brown skin glowed in the firelight and the look of peace on her face took his breath away.

For some reason it made him very happy to see her there, as if this is where she belonged. Hosuk stepped closer to the bed and inhaled. The heady scent of Jasmine drifted into his nostrils; followed by the sweet smell of coconut. It attacked his senses like a battering ram and

Hosuk fell to his knees. Trembling with need, Hosuk warred with his wolf, trying to make his lonely beast see reason.

"She came here for peace. We must honor her request until she acknowledges us as her mate. We have waited for so long ; what is one more night?"

The giant black wolf in his head paced in agitation and howled in anguish. Finally after centuries of waiting , Luna was granting him another chance at love. He could wait!

Rising from the floor, Hosuk went into the bathroom and sighed. He stripped off the animal pelts he wore and then his clothes. He looked into the mirror and appraised his body.

He was 6'6 and his skin was bronzed by nature and his Native American heritage. He observed that his body was free of hair until his eyes reached his manhood. It was surrounded by the same black hair that covered his head.

His long hair was held in place by a leather strap at his neck and hung to the middle of his back. His eyes had always been black, but when he had become Were his eyes had reflected that change. They were now the color of the summer sky and he still couldn't get use to them.

His wide forehead and high cheekbones were well proportioned to his strong jawline that angled into his square chin. His mouth was generous and anchored his nose that pointed out like an eagle's beak.

He smelled of blood and bear and stepped into the shower the water still cold, he needed the chill right now. As the water soaked his muscular frame, he thought of what his life could be like with a mate, and even children.

He had denied himself these thoughts since he lost Evening Star and betrayal filled his heart. Evelyn was his mate, his wolf knew this was no mistake. But could he forget his first love? The black wolf growled again and bumped against his human.

How could he doubt his instincts? Our mate awaits us. This was no mistake, she must be claimed!

Wrapping a towel around his torso Hosuk walked into the bedroom. He picked out a pair of jeans and a ZZ Top t-shirt he was fond of wearing. His eyes went to the woman in his bed and he held his breath. His time would come and she would realize the truth.

He walked into the kitchen and stirred the bubbling pot. It was almost ready and the spicy aroma filled the house. He walked back into the bedroom and gently shook the shoulder of the woman in his bed.

"Evelyn, wake up dinner is almost ready." The woman opened her large brown eyes and stared at the man above her confused. Rising slowly she remembered where she was and smiled at her host.

"I feel much better Hosuk, thank you for letting me stay here. Mmmmmm, something smells good what's for dinner?"

Hosuk looked at Evelyn with disappointment and quickly hid his feelings. She only responded to the smell of the food cooking, not his scent. Could he have been wrong?

He led her into the kitchen and she sat on a barstool behind the counter. He ladled a large portion of stew into a bowl and set it before her. He took a loaf of bread and sliced it and placed it on the table with a chunk of creamy butter.

They ate in silence before Evelyn looked over at Hosuk.

"This is very good Hosuk. I am not the best cook but I appreciate good food."

She smiled at him and he smiled back his blue eyes were beautiful but an oddity.

"Your eyes Hosuk, it is uncommon for a Sioux to have blue eyes. Is it a family trait?"

"No, my eyes changed color when I became a Were. I can't get used to them and sometimes I don't even recognize myself."

"They are very striking, it seems as if you can look into a person's soul."

"That is something I can actually do young one. I can walk among dreams and counsel souls as well. I have not had to do it in a very long time, but it takes great energy to walk with the dead."

"It seems frightening to me to be able to see those who have passed on. I thought they were reborn into a new life."

"It is up to Luna to give new life. Those who she deems worthy can return to live once more. I must admit that I have been looking for my lost love of long ago. Her soul has eluded me, and I fear that she is forever lost to me."

To hear the Shaman speak of his lost love, made Evelyn feel as if her heart was being squeezed in his strong hands. Why would she have that kind of reaction? She held no claim to him; her wolf hadn't even stirred since she had been in his presence.

"Would you like to take a walk with me Evelyn? I found this ruck sack not too far from the clearing and I think it's yours."

"Those are my clothes and boots, thank you Hosuk. I was about to turn you down. This shirt is great for inside, but outside not so much."

Evelyn rose from her seat and grabbed her bag. "I'll be right back." She said and went to change.

Hosuk pulled on his large jacket and went outside to wait. Something was not right, her wolf should recognize him by now, there has to be something wrong. Maybe she is blocking her feelings. That has been known to happen. He would be patient, his wolf was never wrong.

Evelyn walked outside and Hosuk reached for her hand. He led her along an overgrown path that led to a small meadow. At the bottom of a small hill a lake welcomed the pair to its banks. Not quite frozen it still reflected the moonlight.

"When the moon is high in the night sky it is like silver has melted on the surface of the lake. Some nights it just takes my breath away."

Evelyn didn't pull away when the Shaman put his arm around her. He didn't try to do anything more and just stood there with her as they watched the moon rise over the lake. The light was mesmerizing and glowed like liquid silver.

A cloud moved across the moon and broke the spell. Evelyn straightened up and Hosuk dropped his arm.

"We better get back now I don't want to tire you out."

"Thank you for bringing me her Hosuk, you were right it was truly beautiful."

They made their way back to the cabin in silence and entered the warm living room.

"Evelyn you take the bed I will bunk on the couch. It is large enough to accommodate me. So no arguments, good night."

Hosuk was a little gruffer than he wanted to be, but he was frustrated. He didn't want to be in the same room with Evelyn any longer; and almost pushed her into the other room.

"Well damn!" Huffed Evelyn as he closed the door. That was so rude, and here she was thinking they were getting along just fine. Men; she would never understand them.

Sighing she changed back into his flannel shirt and got into the warm bed. She could sleep; the walk had tired her out just enough to do the job. Before she closed her eyes, she thought maybe staying here was not such a good idea after all.

****

"Hosuk! Hosuk!" The screaming woke Hosuk from his sleep and he bolted up from the couch. It took him a minute to figure out where the shouting was coming form.

Hosuk walked into the bedroom and saw Evelyn tossing and turning in the covers. She had stopped shouting and had started to cry. It broke the Shaman's heart to see her in such pain.

He got in bed beside her to calm her down. As he held her close to his side she quieted and fell into a fitful sleep moaning every now and then. Hosuk closed his eyes and sought out Evelyn's dreams. There was nothing out of the ordinary just a long dark tunnel that led to her inner most feelings.

He stopped short as he saw a small dark haired woman leaning over what had to be Evelyn's wolf. The wolf was sleeping and the woman had her back to Hosuk softly humming to the beast. As Hosuk came closer something about the woman seemed familiar and he called out to her.

"How do you control another's wolf? What magic is this?"

The woman slowly turned around and Hosuk ran to lift her into his arms.

"Evening Star I have been searching everywhere for you. How is your spirit in this young one?"

"I have been waiting for you to find me my love. Luna has granted me my wish to see you once more before I leave this plain forever. I knew you would find me here if I troubled her sleep."

Hosuk was overcome with joy and hugged evening Star close to his heart.

"I have kept her wolf asleep until I could see you again. It is why she has not recognized you as her mate."

"But what about us Evening Star? Have you not come to rejoin me once again?"

"I will always love you Hosuk, but our life together was never meant to last. This young wolf needs you my love. You will give her strength and she will give you the happiness you seek."

"But Evening Star I still carry love for you in my heart and I always will. How can I love another?"

"The mating pull calls you even now Hosuk. Will you deny this truth? Your wolf knows it is so. When I release her wolf she will come to you and she will give you many children. The first will be a son and he will bring you great joy."

Hosuk could not deny her words, neither the joy he felt at the future she foretold.

He pulled his wife's spirit close to his chest. He breathed in her scent and was shocked to find that Jasmine clouded his senses. Holding her tightly, her kissed her with his very soul and collapsed when she faded away.

"I will always be with you Hosuk, look for me in the moon."

Her voice drifted through his mind and he felt his strength draining, he would be too weak to leave Evelyn's side.

****

Evelyn woke up feeling warm and safe. There were large arms cradling her body and she felt no fear. The smell that came to her nostrils filled her with joy. Sweet rain and pine entered her mind and she smiled, turning to face the man who held her close to his body.

Brown eyes sought blue ones and they looked at each other with wonder.

"I had a bad dream."

"Yes my little one you we shouting, and I tried to calm you."

"Was the woman in my dream Evening Star, Hosuk? When you kissed her, I could feel your pain."

"Yes she was giving me her blessing to start a new life. She told me it was time for me to live again."

"My wolf would not wake up and now she is stirring again. She is sniffing you Hosuk and she smells the sweet earth before the rain comes. I am afraid to say what she is telling me."

"That I am your mate little one, That I belong to you and that you belong to me. Is that what she is saying?"

"But why didn't I know at once? I thought it would be like a train wreck, like a tornado or even an earthquake. But I am calm and in your arms and I feel so much peace that I could cry."

"Then that is how our love will be Evelyn. But you will find that I can definitely be a force of nature."

The Dream walker cradled the woman of his dreams in his arms.

"Sleep now my love and later we will test our love and the strength of my bed."

They laughed and shared a tender kiss. She had found her mate and he had been a stone's throw away all the time.

****

Napoleon Boscoyo looked at the caller ID on his cell phone and lifted an eyebrow. "Now why is Jacques Metairie calling me?"

It was never good when the director of the ASI called. He answered the phone and hoped for the best anyway.

"Hello Jacques to what do I owe the honor of your call?"

"I never need to beat around the bush with you do I Napoleon? I wanted to ask if my small group could accompany you to the Blood Moon Ceremony. It will be six of us."

"That won't be a problem Jacques. Anderson Clarion and his son both have private jets on standby at the Airport. We have plenty of room for you."

"So how are you Napoleon, I was very sorry to hear about Regina and your nephew. I hope Joslyn is also doing well."

"We are not ones to grieve over what was meant to be my friend you know that. But she was my sister and I will always miss her until her return to this life. I hope we cross paths again. As for my mate she is as solid as a rock and holds this family together. And how is Desiree? I have not seen either of you in a very long time."

"Well I would like to remedy that. We are on our way to your compound as we speak. We would like to stay with you until the trip on Friday. I also need to check in with one of my agents when I get there."

"There is an ASI agent on my compound Jacques! Why wasn't I informed?"

"It is a very sensitive situation my friend but all will be explained when we arrive. We will be there after dinner. Please gather the Clarion pack and the family of Mama Louisa and I will reveal all."

"You are as cryptic as ever Jacques. I will do as you request. But I want you to know that I don't appreciate you having someone on my compound without my knowledge."

Jacques sighed loudly and replied; "I will answer all questions when we get to the plantation, now please relax, it will be painless."

******

Napoleon hung up the phone and called for Becky. The little Omega stuck her head in the door and bowed to her Alpha.

"Yes my Alpha how may I be of service?"

"How long are you going to keep up this charade Rebecca? Your mother is beyond angry with me for allowing you to work beneath your status as an Alpha's daughter."

"Papa you promised I could learn all aspects of life on the Plantation with no special treatment."

"Yes I did, but you are now eighteen years old, and I will not have you totally exposed to the males on this compound. I'm sorry Rebecca, but after today you must return to your rightful place as the daughter of the Boscoyo Alpha."

Becky knew that she would never convince her father to change his mind. He wanted her to remain a virgin until she was a hundred years old. From now on Bachtrane or Raphael would be watching her like a hawk.

"Anyway since you are still Becky for today; please inform all of our guests except the Chambers brothers to meet me in the large drawing room after dinner tonight."

"Yes my Alpha." She said sarcastically and left the room a pout clearly showing on her heart shaped face.

"Problems little sister?" Bachtrane asked as she turned the corner.

"I have to go back to being a privileged Alpha princess again. Mama and Papa are tired of me playing housemaid. If I refuse they may send me to a convent."

"You have to learn how to run this home from the top down, not the bottom up. You will mate well and you must know how to be an Alpha Bitch. Our parents want the very best for you."

"How do you know what kind of mate I will find? He may be a poor Omega just like me!"

Bachtrane tried to contain himself but laughter shook his large frame as his over dramatic sibling growled her discontent.

"I will never claim a mate Bachtrane, and Mama and Papa will feel my displeasure!"

"I am sure they already do. You still haven't learned how to effectively close your bond."

Bachtrane laughed as his sister pushed past him, determined to make her last day as a servant count.

Becky managed to find everyone her Alpha had requested, and asked them to meet in the drawing room after dinner. Now all she had to do was wait for their travelers to arrive.

****

Louisa looked at Megan and walked back into the room from her hiding place in the closet.

"It was just Becky Mama Louisa. We are supposed to meet in the drawing room after dinner tonight."

"I wonder what that's all about." Louisa smiled and sat on the bed patting the space by her side. Megan took a seat and leaned her head on the woman's shoulder next to her.

"Megan I know we have just discovered each other, but we have been together most of your life. I need to ask a favor of you. I want you to seek out Katelyn and Joseph. They came all this way to meet you and you have hardly spent any time together. Don't you want to know more about them?"

"I do Mama Louis. I have just been so overwhelmed the last couple of days; I almost forgot they were here. I will go to them after lunch. It's almost that time now."

"Well I am hungry since we skipped breakfast, so let's get something to eat."

****

Jackson had been waiting in the dining hall for Megan to appear. When he saw her enter with Mama Louisa he quickly walked to her side and pulled her into his arms. He kissed her small mouth with his larger one and his need to taste her was sated for the moment.

"Jackson please, people are watching behave." Megan was blushing but smiling none the less.