The Empath Cycle: 2001 It Takes One - Book 2

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When Patricia woke from the nap which had followed their loving, Sylvie was nuzzled to her side, her head in the crook of her shoulder, an arm across her stomach. She could also feel a warm body pressed on her other side, firm breasts gently rubbing her arm as their owner breathed.

She felt truly at peace, surrounded by her family, suffused by their love even as they slept.

'I am blessed.' She thought. 'Just a few months ago, I thought I could only look forward to a lonely life of quasi-leisure as I explored my beloved science as a dilettante instead of as a serious scientist, finding solace in solitary pleasure while I watched Jade's ever growing love for her life-partner. Now, look at me. I have found the missing part of my heart, I'm in love with my daughter, of all people, and Karlie, to whom I could never have acknowledged my affection. On top of it all, two magnificent young women have entered our lives of which they are becoming a more and more important part.'

"I know, love." As if she had heard her thoughts, Sylvie whispered in her ear as she gently wiped the tears of happiness rolling down her cheeks. "You are the foundation, the anchor of our new family. Juliette was right. You are the Mother and we love you. The Foundation and all the children it helps need you too. There is more than enough love and strength in your heart for all of us and them too. I like the family motto 'Look with your heart'. That's what you've always been doing, with Jade, then with your own Foundation to help students, then with Karlie and I and now with Julia and Ryanna. I love you, Patricia. We all do."

Patricia could feel her heart ready to burst with joy as the five women in turn tenderly expressed their love for her.

"As much as I would love to spend the next century or so with you all like this, we still have to get ready for the Christmas Eve supper with Sylvie's new-found family." Ever practical Karlie reminded them.

"It won't be so bad, Sylvie." Ryanna told her. "You've already met most of the people who will be there. You've even hugged and been told that you are finally home by a good number of them, of whom the most important are all the little ones who mugged you this morning. You don't know this yet, but children are very important to the clan. That is the heritage of the mammies and specifically of mammy Juliette who was the literal mother of many and is the spiritual Mother of all."

"I know. I realized that, once I had time to think about it. I'm sure everything will be fine. But I just thought of something. In the rush to leave yesterday morning, we forgot to bring our Christmas presents."

Julia and Ryanna looked at each other and blushed. "Hum, please don't be angry with us, but this morning, when we didn't see any wrapped packages around, we may have taken the initiative to swipe your keys and sent our cousin Stéphane to your homes to get them from under your Christmas trees."

Seeing their lowered eyes as they held hands in mutual support in case they were to be reprimanded, Patricia's heart went to them. She opened her arms to bring them to her bosom. "Girls, that was a beautiful gesture. I for one thank you for it. We didn't get you anything since we didn't know we would be spending Christmas with you until the last minute."

"But you have." Julia told them. "You have welcomed us in your family. That is the best gift ever. No mere thing could compare to that."

"Also, in doing so you have shown us that we could be adult women in a way nobody has ever done." Ryanna went on. "And I'm not only talking of the sex, which is glorious in and of itself, by the way. I mean you have shown us that we can be a part of something greater than ourselves. We will never again be apart of the rest of the world because of our talent."

Sylvie had to swallow a few times to get past the lump in her throat. "This is your family too now as this house is your home. I know the mammies said we should welcome you as our children, but I feel a different connection, maybe because you are adults." Looking at her wives, Sylvie got the nods and grins confirming what she already felt through their link. "I... We would like very much for you to join us as equal partners in this family. Will you be our wives?"

Julia and Ryanna were stunned. Sure, they had felt the love and acceptance when they had lowered their shields the previous evening, but they had assumed it had to do with sex and friendship.

"Lower your shields, sweethearts, and look with your hearts." Patricia gently told them.

When they did, tentatively at first then completely when they felt the intensity of the love surrounding them as a single entity welcoming them within its folds, they burst crying, overcome by emotions they could deny no more.

Amidst the ensuing group hug and kissing, the ineffable Jade was heard to say. "I guess the answer is 'I do'".

All across the residential compound, children laughed and burst in song, adults grinned and hugged each other. At the clinic, even catatonic patients smiled. In the Research Center, delicate instruments, which had been on stand-by since the previous evening, registered the Psychic Event to the amazement and awe of the researchers present.

"Okay, ladies." Jade said with all the seriousness she could fake. "That's all well and fine, but either we get ready for the communal supper or some of you will have to get busy in the kitchen because my growling stomach just reminded me that the Christmas cookies we ate earlier are long gone and need to be replaced."

"You know, don't you, babe, that we would take you more seriously if you didn't have your hand between Julia's legs when you complain about being hungry?"

"So? What does one have to do with the other? We have sex in the kitchen all the time."

"We can get ready, but can it wait a few minutes, please?" Julia whined. "Don't be cruel to Jade."

They all laughed as Julia grabbed Jade's wrist with both hands to keep her thrusting fingers in her folds.

"That inner slut of yours is insatiable, sweetie." Patricia remarked in her ear. "It seems we have unleashed a nymphomaniac on the world."

"Not... on the... world... Yeeesssss!!!" Julia shook convulsively as her orgasm took her before falling back limply against Patricia. "Just on our family... On my... wives." She managed to finish after catching her breath.

"Yes, sweetie." Patricia told her as she hugged her lovingly. "We are yours as you are ours, now and to the end of time."


Chapter 5

Once they had checked their coats and boots at the entrance to the Community Hall, they linked arms, as much a statement of their togetherness as in support for Sylvie who was still nervous about the whole thing.

To her relief, only Joannie and Mr. White came to greet them... at first. They were hugging and wishing each other a Merry Christmas when, with a chorus of shouts and laughter, they were almost bowled over by a mob of children who insisted they too wanted a hug. Nobody was really surprised when they saw a grinning Lee Ann with them.

"I know we were told not to mob you with our welcome. Certainly it doesn't apply to hugs by these little ones. Does it?" She asked ingenuously.

"Of course not." Patricia answered for Sylvie who was currently sitting on the floor, being formally introduced to a toddler by his proud sister. "Are you sure you're not a doctor? You may have just found the right prescription for social awkwardness."

"Oh, I didn't invent anything new. A hug by a child is the perfect cure-all for shyness. Everybody knows that."

Soon, parents came over to get their young ones once they had received their hug. They took the opportunity to hug and kiss the women, paying special attention to Sylvie, gently assuring her that she was welcome home and that they had been waiting for a long time to finally meet her.

Sylvie had never imagined that so much love could exist in the whole world, much less be concentrated in a single place and... directed at her.

She could easily have been overwhelmed if not for Patricia holding her hand, shoring her bursting heart with a different kind of love altogether. "You will never be alone ever again, my love. You have us, but you now know you have this large family you never knew you had. Trust what your burgeoning talent is telling you and look with your heart."

Tears of joy freely flowing on her face, Sylvie couldn't speak at first as she absorbed the free flowing positive emotions bathing her. "I never knew... I never imagined..."

"I know, sweetie. I can feel it too and unless I'm mistaken, I think you're projecting and not only through our link. Is that right, Ryanna?"

"It's different than when we or the other empaths we know do it, but yes. You are projecting, Sylvie. It's subtle, but that's definitely an empathic projection. Now we really must find the time to talk to Dr. Morgan or someone else in the research center. You could be a different kind of empath."

"Way to go, sis. I always knew there was something special about you. Ouch! What was that for, Kay?"

"You were about to say something of a personal nature and there are still young ears around."

"I wasn't. I'm not completely insensitive. I deal with kids all the time at the clinic."

"They are patients and there are other therapists around to keep you in line. I talk to them you know. They told me about your peculiar sense of humor with children."

"Not fair! Why is it then that the kids ask for me by name when they come in for therapy?" Turning to the children who were avidly watching the show the two new adults were putting on for them, she asked. "Kids, you be the judges. Would it be wrong for me to tell Sylvie that she has a beautiful... Ouch! Help me kids. I'm being attacked by this big meanie."

Karlie ran away, screaming in mock-fright, pursued by a mob of screaming children egged on by a laughing Jade.

"They are going to be such great mothers someday." Patricia tenderly said as she watched their antics. "Jade has always had a special rapport with children. Remind me to tell you about the summers she worked in the municipal parks."

"She had the best example, love. You did well with her as with everything else in your life." Sylvie told her as she snuggled under her arm.

Ryanna and Julia had led Sylvie and Patricia around the room to introduce them to the young woman's 'grand-parents', 'Uncles', 'Aunts' and numerous 'cousins', never leaving her side. If they had subtly infused her with their strength at first, soon they could only marvel at the change in their new wife.

Gone was the shy, uncertain woman who had entered the hall somewhat reluctantly. She was replaced by a confident young woman who soaked the emotions aimed at her and reflected them multiplied.

More than one therapist caught Ryanna's eye with raised eyebrow, silently questioning what they were observing, in answer to which she only grinned proudly. As time had gone by, she had observed something that she didn't understand. From their talks since the previous day, she could surmise its significance and it made her happy for her new partner.

When a senior empath therapist came forward with a haughty air to examine this upstart more closely, Julia hissed and moved to interposed herself between the woman and Sylvie only to be restrained by Ryanna's hand on her arm.

"Watch this, Julia." Ryanna whispered. "Be ready to intervene, but I think we won't have to." She put one hand on Sylvie's shoulder and Julia did the same on the other. Before any confrontation could occur, she felt their three other wives behind them doing the same.

"So you are the prodigal 'daughter' returned to the fold." The woman sneered at Sylvie who, most uncharacteristically, held her ground without a quiver as if it was the most natural thing for her.

"Hello, Audrey. It's nice to see you again too." Sylvie answered in a polite tone of voice. "How have you been all these years? Still bullying the younger girls?"

"How dare you!" The woman sputtered. Then she did the most unforgivable thing among talented people, she gathered her outrage to her core and projected her anger at the younger woman who was... grinning at her.

The five women completing the wedge with Sylvie at its apex felt the spark within themselves that was the mammies' love envelop them with a surge of warm energy.

"You shouldn't have done that, brat. Look at the pain you have caused around you. It's more than time I do what I should have done a long time ago." Sylvie said with a deep mellifluous voice Patricia, Julia and Ryanna recognized.

The psychic assault ceased immediately as the attacker collapsed to the ground and a wave of soothing energy rolled from the six women to enfold the people around them who had been affected by the woman's outburst.

By this time, a cadre of therapists who had been near enough to witness the Event rushed over. They were astonished to see Sylvie's look of intense sadness as she looked at the fallen woman, then at the surrounding people recovering from the onslaught of negative emotions. When she extended her hands to them, they naturally went to her, holding her hands.

"This is a joyous occasion." She told them. "Together, let us repair the damage caused by this poor misguided soul."

The five original women and the four new ones instinctively opened themselves to the gentle suggestion and, in seconds, whatever damage had occurred was erased and the folk surrounding the group were smiling, any memory of the encounter forgotten, the Christmas spirit firmly re-established in their minds.

"She is sleeping it off." Sylvie told the therapists softly. "Take her to her bed. If anybody asks, she just had too much to drink. Tomorrow, I suggest she be shown the gate of the compound as she will be of no use here anymore."

Turning to her wives she opened her arms to gather them in a restorative group hug.

"How did you do that, sweetie?" Patricia asked once they were seated at a table.

"Do what, love?"

"That's all right, mom." Jade said. "I think she was channeling Catherine again, like at the club last month."

"I think so too." Ryanna agreed. "I've been watching her as we made rounds and a confidence, a familiarity with the people seemed to come over her. That's why we didn't intervene immediately when that bitch came over."

"I still say I should have kicked her ass." Julia growled heatedly. "She's been bullying every lesser talent than hers for years. She tried often enough with us, but we were stronger and mammy Martine was around more often than not when we were growing up, so she didn't dare."

"This time, she went too far." Ryanna said sadly. "She could have hurt Sylvie badly or the people around her when the negative energy failed to connect and was deflected somewhat."

"What are you all talking about?" Sylvie asked, bewildered by the conversation. "What happened? One minute we are mingling, meeting new people and the next we are hugging in the middle of the floor."

Ryanna took her hand in her own and held her eyes. "If anybody needed more proof that you are indeed mammy Catherine's daughter, this should be more than enough. Unfortunately, I think, with your kind heart, you made them forget that anything untoward occurred."

She tried her best to explain what had happened to Sylvie and the rest of the group.

"That's why I'll content myself with working at the clinic and you'll be with the other eggheads in the research center." Julia sighed. "I didn't notice anything before the bitch came over."

"You see, Sylvie, it will take a while for mammy Catherine's chi to be fully integrated with your own and things like this may happen, though less and less frequently as time goes by."

"At least I didn't send her to the hospital this time like that crazy woman at the club."

"No you didn't, but I'm afraid you did much worse. I didn't understand everything that happened, but if I'm right, her days as a therapist are over. I think you blocked her talent permanently."

"I did what?" Sylvie exclaimed, bewildered by the very idea.

"Like you said, you didn't send her to the hospital, but you punished her for the most unforgivable offense a trained empath could have committed. She deliberately used her talent to try to harm someone. If you hadn't done it, someone else would have had to do it and, from everything I've ever heard, it's never been done as smoothly and as painlessly as you did."

"And I did that all by myself?"

"Not exactly. I suspect you are a catalyst. I think you did it last evening the first time we made love, but I wasn't sure. This time, we were drawn to you and you brought us into a sort of meld. Remind me to tell you about the 'accident' that happened to three of our mammies. This wasn't as dramatic, but I suspect you bring us together and the effect is to pool our empathic resources and amplify them."

"I suppose we will have to go see the head therapist, now. If only to understand what happened."

"Yes, dear. It would be a good idea. Remember how you projected earlier tonight? It's very subtle on your own but, when you bring us into it, it's something else altogether like Joannie told us this morning."

"Ahem... Excuse me ladies." A distinguished looking woman was standing by their table. "May I have a word with you?"

Julia and Ryanna stood up immediately, but when the other women went to follow suit, she gestured for them to remain seated. "May I join you?" She asked.

Once she was seated, Ryanna made the introductions.

"Dr. Morgan, these are Sylvie Tremblay, Patricia and Jade Summers and Karlie Williams. Ladies, this is Doctor Lucia Morgan, the Director of the Clinic."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Dr. Morgan, we were just talking about you."

"Lucia, please. I hope these imps have not been using my name in vain."

"No doctor. We were just telling Sylvie that she should meet you or rather your husband when he returns from the conference in Washington, since he is the head scientist at the Research Center." Ryanna explained.

"As to that, I find that I must thank you all. I was very sorry that I couldn't spend Christmas with him because of that fu... hum... darn conference, but when I told him what happened last evening, he foisted his presentation on a junior researcher and booked a seat on the next plane home. Unfortunately, last night's snow storm delayed him so he missed whatever you all did in the late afternoon. What?" She asked at the blush that appeared on all six faces at once.

Patricia was the first to regain her composure. "You see, yesterday evening, we had sex together and..."

Dr. Morgan was now truly confused. They spoke freely of having group sex. What could cause them to blush like that?

"You see, it all comes from a very personal experience we had yesterday, we..."

"Do you mean when the mammies came to you all? Joannie already told me about it. Don't cringe, it's not public knowledge and it won't be unless you choose to make it. So what happened earlier? If it's not too indiscreet."

When the women all reached to hold hands, she began to have an inkling. They all looked to Patricia to continue.

"Essentially, we asked these two lovely young women to join our family and they accepted. So we are now all married, for better or for worse, to the end of time."

Lucia's eyes misted instantly. "You have no idea how happy you've just made a lot of people. We have done our best for them, but some of us were worried..."

"We know, doctor. Cathy explained it to us. We love them and we all will make a great team in all aspects of our lives." Sylvie told her as she reached to hug her.

"I'm sure you will. So that explains that, but not what happened just a little while ago. I had a confusing call from one of our therapists and another from the scientist monitoring some equipment we set up yesterday... Can you enlighten me?"

1...56789...22