All Comments on 'The End Is Near'

by greatnarf

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
im confused...

what were they running from?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Shades of last years school shootings?

This story sounds like something that might have happened at any one of last years school rampages. Fear can inspire many feelings, and desperate lust is among those feelings. The desire to have a connection resembling life and hope amid a deadly situation is one of the strongest.

If this came from someone's personal situation, I'm glad you two made it through the carnage. On the other hand, if this is a third party telling of restructured events in their children's or class mate's last moments, my sympathies go out to you, the survivors.

Kydreamer

FarnexFarnexalmost 20 years ago
Similar to a fantasy I have

I have always like the idea of choosing who lives and dies. Imagine being able to save the girl of your dreams while leaving behind the bully who you hate. This is not the subject of this story, but it is brings to mind that thought. While I find the story itself very umbelieveable, perhaps if they were trapped and only hours to go, but this threat is too immediate for this story. Just my thoughts...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Too much left unexplained

I'm left with more questions at the end of the story than at the middle.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous